Getting back into the GYM with Animal, Appnut, and USP Labs

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I have been MIA from the gym for quite awhile due to personal issues and school. This log is in hopes to get myself back to where I was and do it Naturally to NGA standards from here on out for a more healthy approach.

Surprisingly I have not lost near as much weight as I was expecting to, approximately 10lbs, so I am coming in at around 166 lbs at the moment. My strength has depleted quite a bit as well.

As far as a set workout routine, I have none. I am going to the gym and working whatever muscle group I feel like working.

As far as supplement usage is concerned I will be using:
  • Super pump 250 (my creatine source)
  • Uni- Liver
  • Biomend
  • Complete Balance
  • Prime
Current stats: 5'8ish, 166 lbs

I do not know my max's so my goals are simply to stay healthy, increase strength, and possibly gain some muscle while doing so.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Day 1

Today was my first day back to the gym with my Dad and everything felt very nice. I had a good pump going as well as vascularity. Today was a Chest & Bicep day as well.

Exercises: (All sets were max 8 reps)
  • Flat BB
  • Flat DB
  • Incline BB
  • Incline DB
  • Hammer strength incline
  • Dips
  • BB Curl
  • Hammer Curl
  • Incline DB Curl
  • DB Preacher Curl

I am currently just using Complete Balance & Super pump 250, the other supplements have not arrived yet.

UKStrength

Sad to read about your personal issues taking you away from training :( I know the gym for me is often my only release in times of sadness.

Hope this log goes well for you, Go for it mate! :D

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Sad to read about your personal issues taking you away from training :( I know the gym for me is often my only release in times of sadness.

Hope this log goes well for you, Go for it mate! :D
Thank you, I appreciate it. Yeah personal life has been a bit overwhelming and is taking an unexpected turn for me these next 6 months

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you, I appreciate it. Yeah personal life has been a bit overwhelming and is taking an unexpected turn for me these next 6 months
Sometimes life happens, Austin, and all you can do is run with the ball when it's thrown to you. Anyways, your strength will come back and you will gain muscle mass fairly quickly being back int the gym on a regular basis. I would suggest that you set up a proper lifting schedule, so that you actually have the steps in place to help you get to where you want to be, as opposed to just winging it, though.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes life happens, Austin, and all you can do is run with the ball when it's thrown to you. Anyways, your strength will come back; you will gain muscle mass fairly quickly being back int the gym on a regular basis. I would suggest that you set up a proper lifting schedule, so that you actually have the steps in place to help you get to where you want to be, as opposed to just winging it.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
well the base format I grow the most on is every muscle groups 2x week. so that is what I will be following, just doing them in random days.

AlbinoRhino44

AlbinoRhino44

Awards
i'd still be careful once youget back to goin gheavy. just this week i am splitting things up very very carefully to rest joints as my weights are getting to the point of unmost certain injury if i am not careful. The gift and the curse, right?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have seen people your age get back to there best shape within three months. It will come back very fast. Espeicially when using Prime. Just take what your body gives you.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have seen people your age get back to there best shape within three months. It will come back very fast...Just take what your body gives you.
This is true. I got back to pre-injury condition and SURPASSED it easily re strength, muscle mass, body composition, and fitness within 2-3 months after starting back in the gym post-injury. As long as you start out at what you can handle and keep progressing week by week, you'll be fine, Austin.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
In for the show buddy. Been wondering where you been off too. Sorry to hear things are sounding rough for you.

I am sure you can make up for lost muscle though :) Plus the gym is the best therapy I have. I just wish I didnt eat so much junk today for the 4th :food: them accursed snicker doodles from Munci....:sick: ugh.

lol.

Take it to the weights Hard bro :duel:

slackadjuster

Awards
Glad to see another thread. Really glad to see this natural section starting to take off.
I can't do the twice a week thing. Only because I've never really tried while not being in a calorie deficit. I've been using P/RR/S which has me on a 4 day a week split.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
In for the show buddy. Been wondering where you been off too. Sorry to hear things are sounding rough for you.

I am sure you can make up for lost muscle though :) Plus the gym is the best therapy I have. I just wish I didnt eat so much junk today for the 4th :food: them accursed snicker doodles from Munci....:sick: ugh.

lol.

Take it to the weights Hard bro :duel:
yeah, I am not expecting it to be too difficult, but we shall see. I just have to keep myself commited to the gym and if I can do that I can see results.

Glad to see another thread. Really glad to see this natural section starting to take off.
I can't do the twice a week thing. Only because I've never really tried while not being in a calorie deficit. I've been using P/RR/S which has me on a 4 day a week split.
I understand, twice a week is my goal, but more than likely won't occur because I can't afford time wise to go to the gym that much.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
alright guys, taking my superpump and heading off to the gym right now, I just finished DTH by Get diesel, if anyone is interested in it I put my final review in the Get diesel sub forum.

I will most likely work back/ tricep tonight, my pecs and biceps are nice and sore today because I forgot to take my swell/ xtend mix yesterday.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Day 2

Alright so today I went to the gym much later than I was planning, but I had some interesting things happen there that made me feel good.

I went to my friends gym and had a nice workout with him doing Tricep & Back and wasn't really in the mood to work out either of those groups to be honest. I didn't really feel like I worked them to the best of my abilities, but there is always next time.

Tonight for pre-workout I used 1/2 scoop of Super pump 250 and 1 scoop of Nimbus Swell. I chose to use 1/2 scoop of super pump 250 because it was a late workout (10:20pm) and I do not want to stay up all night.

The purpose of the Nimbus swell is to give myself some vitamins, these usually prevent me from getting dizzy and light headed during my workouts.

The fun thing of the night was that there were a few guys doing a bench press competition for fun, but my friend and I decided to test ourselves. I did 3 1 rep max's just like at a real meet. I hit 265x1, 275x1, and 285x1. I damn near pissed myself I was so happy I hit 285 for not working out this long! I was not really expecting to even get 265, but shoot I left a happy man tonight. I can't wait to see what the prime will do to my strength, I would love to get my bench back to 300 or past like it used to be.

Have a good night everyone!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
subbed Tex! no more looking back on the past, keep your eyes on the road ahead of you and start crushing some weight!!!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
subbed Tex! no more looking back on the past, keep your eyes on the road ahead of you and start crushing some weight!!!
Definitely! I have found that keeping it under 8 reps for me both helps me grow, DOMS, and gain strength fairly quick. Superpump 250 has given me nice strength increases every time I use it, so I suspect it with the combination of Prime will be quite impressive. I would be very pleased if I could break a 300 lbs Bench press this month, as for lower body I have no clue where I am at the moment.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
muscle memory is a wonderful thing, hopefully you move up fast.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd be fairly suprised if you didn't hit 3 plates in the next 4 weeks....

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I'd be fairly suprised if you didn't hit 3 plates in the next 4 weeks....
That is the goal to get all my main lifts to over 315 lbs (squat, Deadlift, Bench). Incline I would be very happy getting back to 225.

On another note, I am very sore today and I was intending on doing legs, but I think I am taking the night off to play around on my motorcycle with my girl and some buddies.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
hey guys, I may hit the gym up today but I have a massive headache and am feeling like crap. I was out late with my girl & best friend and then we went and saw The Hangover (A Great Movie!), this morning I had to be at a job by 8am so I am pretty tired and I think my headache is just from sleep deprevation.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dang headache, looking forward to see ya progress bro!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
alright guys! I got my Uni-liver in today! I'm not sure what normal dosage is... anyone have a clue? I have taken 3 today already. BTW, I am doing legs tonight i decided to going for a swim and stuff and will check in later tonight everyone!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
went to they gym last night for a leg day and was not really feeling it. My knees and legs were aching and popping left and right. I did a few sets of squats & leg press and then called it a day.

I have been taking uni liver since yesterday (3 tabs per meal)

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
suppp

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its my dads lol..guy never ever works out

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seriouslz

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
now thats a calve lol

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will have them one day :D

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
well guys, My goal is to recruit a USP & Animal rep in here shortly once I get all my supplementation into full force. I also have attempted to get this moved into the supplement review section for a bit more exposure. It looks like I will at minimum have 2 bottles of Prime and my plan is to run it high dose to get the most out of it (9 caps or whatever it was)

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you doing 9 caps on workout days and 6 on non workout days? and 2 off days?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Are you doing 9 caps on workout days and 6 on non workout days? and 2 off days?
I don't know yet. My prime bottles have not arrived yet. I need to fin a USP rep and have them set me up on max protocol, as in get the most for my money, not make me spend money and see nothing protocol.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The dosing I just told you was suggested by USP..I can vouche for it..it definitely works. But I can understand wanting a rep to verify it.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Oh, sorry met I didn't know if you had personally used it or anything. I have seen max dosing very so much wit this particualr product

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If your using the new 800 mg bottles I would start at 6 ed and run that for 4 weeks. Then you can get progressive with the dosing. I am thinking an extra pill every 2 weeks would suffice. That's still pretty high dosing for this product. A lot of higher dosing may be because to lack of response, I don't know. I have seen people including myself do very well at 6 ed of the 600 mg dosed pills. 9 a day of the 800 mg would be mega dosing.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
aw yes I forgot the 600 was moved up to 800! Dood you are so lucky if you have the 800mgers...Id be so jealous! Im jealous you have prime period haha

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
whats up brothas! I got my first bottle of Prime in and it is 600mg, I think all my bottles will be 600mg unless I buy directly from Nutraplanet.

I plan to start Prime today, so 6 caps since I will be working out sound good? Also do I take these all at once, pre-workout, or what??

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Take 2 pre w/o and space the other 4 throughout the day in 2 cap doses. Good luck brotha!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
also take it with meals if you can..it has some pretty awesome repartitioning

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Take 2 pre w/o and space the other 4 throughout the day in 2 cap doses. Good luck brotha!
also take it with meals if you can..it has some pretty awesome repartitioning
Alright well I just took 3 pre-workout and I will wait another 15 minutes and head to the gym. I didn't see your messages yet Metroba. I will save the rest of the 3 or however many most people take per day for post workout, and my dinner meal.

I am really hoping this stuff works good for me, but here is to find out! I've now got my full line of supplements in and I am ready to do some serious work!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
3 is fine just do 1 post w/o and 2 later in the day.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Alright guys just got back from my day 1 of my whole line up! I did chest & biceps, strength was decent, pump is great, and endurance was very nice as well. I generally get a dizzy feeling intra workout and have to supplement with Xtend/Swell to counter act this. With the addition of 9+ Uni-liver a day I am finding myself not having the dizzyness and actually feeling great through my workouts. I also think I am going to drop the superpump 250, it didn't used to upset my stomach, but now it is and it is effecting my workout intensity.

Supplements
Uni-Liver: 9 today, 3 per meal, and 3 post workout.
Prime: 3 pre workout, 1 post workout, 2 with dinner
Complete Balance: 2 caps at wake up
ATW chocolate IsolateL 1 scoop post workout.

I have high hopes for prime, and today I felt placebo. My pump was nice and I felt as if I had a preworkout energy burst 15 minutes after my pre workout dose of prime. Wish me luck!

Also for my workout and strength increase purposes of Prime we are going to list 285x1 as my max on flat bench, I can do more and today i hit 225x6.5 as a final set, but we will leave it at that for number reasons.

Incline I consistently used 135 for failure per set, and EZ bar curls I worked out with 60 lbs to failure.

Over all today was a nice workout and I look forward now to what my full stack has to offer!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The first signs of Prime is alpha male feeling and good energy, you may start feeling this as early as day 3-5. You'll have good workouts but most don't experience strength gains till later in the second week around day 12. Super responders experience strength gains earlier.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
sheeet bro I forgot how strong you were...sheesh :head:

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
interested in prime, may have to give it a run here pretty soon

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
interested in prime, may have to give it a run here pretty soon
Dude, I would follow my log closely for the next month if you want to see what it can do, besides Uni-liver these are all usual supplements for me. I really do swear I feel placebo pretty strongly haha! I am still skeptical though as the only USP product I found useful was Powerful, Pslin quit working after a week, and AP never did anything for me.

I most likely will be hitting back and triceps today everyone.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, skeptical about Prime we are....

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude, I would follow my log closely for the next month if you want to see what it can do, besides Uni-liver these are all usual supplements for me. I really do swear I feel placebo pretty strongly haha! I am still skeptical though as the only USP product I found useful was Powerful, Pslin quit working after a week, and AP never did anything for me.

I most likely will be hitting back and triceps today everyone.
That's funny how different people react.. Pslin took some time to work for me like a couple of weeks untill I digested it properly and AP worked like a charm from day 1. Powerfull is just ok for me, I get better sleep.

As far as Prime ... well the supp works and works well, but does it work for you that's the only thing that remains to be seen. I have seen too many miraculous results to doubt it's authenticity.