• Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Today ends my run with DermaTherm...

What is it?

http://store.anabolicminds.com/photos/13175/Dermatherm_large.jpeg

* Burn fat over the entire body
* Reduce fat mass whilst preserving muscle mass

Smell: 9/10. From the first application the smell of Dermatherm was that of cinnamon/spice; very pleasant. The smell did not linger.

Feel: 7/10. Dermatherm is non-greasy. There was no tingling or burning on application; and it left my skin feeling warm afterwards, upwards of a few hours, which was nice as my skin is usually like ice.

Spreadability: 10/10. Dermatherm spread over and into my skin quite well. There was no residue after application. Each pump covered quite a large area and I managed to cover almost my entire body with each application.

Body Composition: 7/10. Skinfold measurements taken pre and post-Dermatherm indicate that I lost bodyfat (BF) from all over: Pre: body mass - 54kg (i.e. 118.8lb), body composition -9.9% BF, triceps - 6.0mm, subscapular - 6.8mm, biceps - 4.0mm, iliac crest - 9.0mm, supraspinale - 6.0mm, abdominal - 9.5mm, front thigh - 7.0mm, medial calf - 5.3 mm; post: body mass - 52kg (-2.0kg/4.4lb), body composition - 9.0% BF (-0.9% BF), triceps - 5.5mm (-1.5mm), subscapular - 6.0mm (-0.8mm), biceps - 2.5mm (-1.5mm), iliac crest - 7.0mm (-2.0mm), supraspinale - 5.0mm (-1.0mm), abdominal - 8.0mm (-1.5mm), front thigh - 6.5mm (-0.5mm), medial calf - 4.0mm (-1.3mm); with the most fat loss occurring from my arms and midsection. I lost a total of 0.666kg (i.e. 1.4652lb) of BF and also 1.334kg (i.e. 2.9348lb) of lean body mass (LBM). Although the final body statistics (i.e. body mass and body composition) indicate that I LOST LBM I know for sure that I did NOT lose MUSCLE mass, as my girths did NOT change, and in some instances INcreased (i.e. arms and thighs), so it must have been food and water weight lost.

Overall: 8/10. Note that I stacked Dermatherm during the last 4 weeks of using DCP/Leviathan Reloaded, so all three products together (as well as the AN stacks I was using) would have contributed to my final results. However, given a strict diet and training regime Dermathem would definitely work effectively in fat loss. The bottle also lasted for close to another week than what it said it would at 4 pumps daily (and I was using 5 pumps some days, so at 4 pumps daily it would have lasted just over a week longer than it 'should'), which is a small added bonus. No water retention experienced either; another plus. Applying either in the morning or pre-bed had no effect on results.

Would I use it again? Yes. I however would like to try Dermatherm Target and see how that compares.

Would I recommend? Generally I would NOT recommend a topical fat loss product; I would recommend making sure that the key component to fat loss - DIET - was targeted at fat loss, and that training was structured appropriately, before considering a fat loss supplement/product (and unless you're relatively lean to begin with and just want to lose that last 1-2% BF, then I wouldn't recommend at all). In saying that, if diet and exercise were right, then just that little something extra could be recommended.

This review is also available in my training/supplementation journal (post #576) in the Supplement Reviews/Logs subsection of the Supplements Forum: The Female Terminator Chronicles, and in the Primordial Performance subsection of the Supplement Companies Forum: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/primordial-performance/130062-rosies-review-dermatherm.html.

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
What was your training/diet like while you were using Dermatherm? If you were cutting while using Dermatherm do you think you would have seen comparable results without Dermatherm?

Have you used any other topical fat loss products like Eviscerate or Napalm, and if so how does Dermatherm compare?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
What was your training/diet like while you were using Dermatherm? If you were cutting while using Dermatherm do you think you would have seen comparable results without Dermatherm?

Have you used any other topical fat loss products like Eviscerate or Napalm, and if so how does Dermatherm compare?
If you read my log you would have seen what my diet and training were like. Diet is more towards recomping. Training has been as usual with a little extra cardio. Both are specific for me and WORK.

If I was cutting as everyone else does (i.e. restricting diet and lots of exercise) then yes I would have seen the results withOUT the DermaTherm.

Yes, I have used Napalm and LipoBURN (and my diet has not been any different when using any of them). Napalm did nothing for me. LipoBURN was better. The DermaTherm did not last as long as the LipoBURN, so cannot compare results really (although I lost girth size whilst using the latter).

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

UKStrength

Nice review Rosie, up to scratch as usual! :) Did you have any of the water retention issues with the Dermatherm that you experienced with Napalm?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Nice review Rosie, up to scratch as usual! :) Did you have any of the water retention issues with the Dermatherm that you experienced with Napalm?
Under "Overall" it says:
...No water retention experienced either; another plus...
As for Napalm, it wasn't just water retention. The product just did not work for me.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

Status
Not open for further replies.