Resolve's a Speed(V2)-Freak! Partially-Sponsored LG Stack Log

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For the next 5 weeks I'll be blitz-cutting in an intense effort to drop several percent bodyfat. I've been hovering around the same level of adiposity for some time and gained several pounds of lean mass, but it's time to drop some jiggle.

To accomplish that, Craigmatthews was kind enough to supply me a bottle of
SPEED V2 - LG's caffeine-free thermogenic.

For those who don't know me too well, I'm very sensitive to caffeine. A long cut I did last year left me burnt out on the stuff and I just can't handle it well anymore. Even a caffeinated soda after 2pm is enough to give me a long, sleepless night. So I stay away from most thermogenics because caffeine is always a mainstay in their formulations. Not-so with SV2, however; it is based off of PEA and Geranamine among other ingredients, and I handle these substance most pleasantly. So, I'm excited to give SV2 a try.

In addition to SV2, I'm also going to be using T-911 and Anadraulic State for strength retention and, hopefully, even some muscle-gain.

Dosing:
SV2: 1cap upon rising, 1 pre-workout, 1 post-workout if desired
T-911: 1 upon rising, 1 pre-workout, 1 @ 4pm
Anadraulic State: 1 scoop pre-workout

Other Supplementation:
Avant Research TheSize: 1scoop w/3 meals
Natural Benefits Berries and Greens: 2 servings/day
NOW ADAM: 2/day
Fish Oil: 3g/meal (9g total)
PLCAR: 1.5g 2x/day
ALCAR: 2g/day
IBE Reverse: 2/day
VitC: 500mg 4x/day
1-Carboxy: 800mg 2x/day, 5days/week
ZMA: 3/day
Leucine: 5g w/3meals

Diet:
I will be following a Regressive Ketogenic Diet. It is a huge change from my normal dietary practices and beliefs, but is something I have wanted to experiment with for some time. I will also be continuing with my Intermittent Fasting Regimen, as I have found that to be beneficial for gaining LBM while eating at or below maintenance calorie levels.

I will be eating approx. 3000kcals/day, split into 3 meals and a post-workout shake over an 8 hour period surrounding my workouts. My meals will progress from (P/C/F) 30/70/0 to 50/50/0 to 40/30/30 over the week and, as the weeks pass, so too will the number of 40/30/30 days.

Training:
I'll be training high-volume with the closest thing to a split that I have used in a long time. Why? Because I've never trained like this before and want too. :p

"Before" Stats and Photos are forth-coming - for reference I am weighing in around 240-250 right now.

Workouts begin tomorrow, but the stack I began today!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Count me in Resolve.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dam I thought Id be first! Im subbed , any before and after pics buddy?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey! Fancy seeing you here! haha

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for the cut R! Hey, would more feedings thru-out the day be better for keeping the metabolism cranking? Just take the portions for each of the 3 meals and split it...there are 6 feedings right there. My 2 cents....Let's LG this up!!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for the cut R! Hey, would more feedings thru-out the day be better for keeping the metabolism cranking? Just take the portions for each of the 3 meals and split it...there are 6 feedings right there. My 2 cents....Let's LG this up!!
I believe he's still utilizing an intermittent-fasted approach...I think I may try it myself when I'm dieting down.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe he's still utilizing an intermittent-fasted approach...I think I may try it myself when I'm dieting down.
But doesn't fasting slow the metabolism down also? I would want my metabolism racing.:scratchchin:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
But doesn't fasting slow the metabolism down also? I would want my metabolism racing.:scratchchin:
Not necessarily. He focuses his meals around his workout, and I believe he takes in BCAAs and 1-Carboxy during the time he's fasting. It's actually a very good approach and I've used it somewhat although not in the same manner. I was very lean at the time.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am not a big fan of severe changes to enhance rapid fat loss, but I will follow and see if I can get some ideas. For me if I ever tried to do anything in a hurry I always had to give something up. I depends how lean you want to go though.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Actually, there's some good literature supporting the idea that the metabolism does not slow down during short periods of fasting. You get a hormonal shift and increase in the sympathetic nervious system activity, but no metabolic decrease as long as you're still eating sufficient daily calories when you do eat.
Plus, you may get the benefits of calorie restriction (i.e. improved longevity) while still eating sufficiently for bb'ing purposes.

Not necessarily. He focuses his meals around his workout, and I believe he takes in BCAAs and 1-Carboxy during the time he's fasting. It's actually a very good approach and I've used it somewhat although not in the same manner. I was very lean at the time.
Exactly. The BCAAs during fasting I've cut out, as they don't seem to make a difference, but the 1-Carboxy in the morning and before bed is a large help for recovery.

WELCOME EVERYBODY! :wave2:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I unintentionally gained a couple pounds when running T-911, while running a fat burner and keeping my kcals around maintenance. I took T-911 as a preventative measure as well, but I went up a few lbs, then got the bug and along came PRIME.

Good luck!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dam I thought Id be first! Im subbed , any before and after pics buddy?
They're coming - I'll take some either tomorrow or Wednesday at the gym.

I am not a big fan of severe changes to enhance rapid fat loss, but I will follow and see if I can get some ideas. For me if I ever tried to do anything in a hurry I always had to give something up. I depends how lean you want to go though.
I'm not normally either - typically I take a gradual approach. But I want to make some rapid progress before my classes start and life gets really hectic. If I'm leaner then, I can settle back into my usual recomp regimen and should remain leaner despite having less time to contribute to my bb'ing.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I unintentionally gained a couple pounds when running T-911, while running a fat burner and keeping my kcals around maintenance. I took T-911 as a preventative measure as well, but I went up a few lbs, then got the bug and along came PRIME.

Good luck!
That's exactly why I'm running it - if I can gain weight while losing fat, all the better!

Also guys, BW and I are logging MP's Combat Protein over here: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/muscle-pharm/129719-protein-worth-fighting.html - so if you feel like checking it out, feel free!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Resolve you cut out BCAA's while cutting? or just for recovery?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Resolve you cut out BCAA's while cutting? or just for recovery?
I'm sorry, I did word that rather unclearly. :sad3:

What I meant was I have stopped taking BCAAs during the fasted portion of my day. I eat from about noon until 8pm, then nothing from 8pm until the next day at noon. During those 16hrs of not eating, I don't use any BCAAs either.

However, as I will be on a slight calorie deficit, I will be consuming 5g Leucine with each meal, 25g BCAA during workouts and an additional 10g in my post-workout shake. I will also be getting 10g EAA pre-workout in Anadraulic State.

So, still plenty of free-form aminos floating around in my blood stream!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ah ok cool deal. Cant wait to see some updates and stuff!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I spent my morning designing my own sequences of DNA - how awesome is that?! :head:
I sequenced in which order I'm going to work on these case files. I feel lame.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
subbed.... I'm currently running AS and its been great but you're taking to another level with T-911, you should get great results from this run :fing02:

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I really wanna try some T-911 so I will be interseted to see how you progress with it.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Watching. I am going to be using Speedv2 very soon (when it arrives). I am also scheduled to use Anadraulic State with it (if that arrives; if not I will do when I am in the US). Interesting.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
subbed.... I'm currently running AS and its been great but you're taking to another level with T-911, you should get great results from this run :fing02:
I've run T-911 in the past with phenomenal results (gained ~75lb on my squat and dl 3RM in a month and kept the strength after the cycle!), so I'm really excited to be using it again. Between it and the A.S., I'm expecting this run to be freaking awesome. :head:

...And Welcome, BTW :D

I really wanna try some T-911 so I will be interseted to see how you progress with it.
Dude, if there is one product on the market that I could force you to try, it would be T-911

Watching. I am going to be using Speedv2 very soon (when it arrives). I am also scheduled to use Anadraulic State with it (if that arrives; if not I will do when I am in the US. Interesting.
You're always a welcome sight in my logs, Rosie. Pretty cool that you'll be using some of the same stuff.

Update Time:
T-911 and all that jazz starts tomorrow. What I started today was the keto diet and Speed V2. I broke open the AS and T-911 to get my pills and pre-wo shake ready, and man, it is always something special for me to open up a new supp... can't wait to hit the gym tomorrow!

Speed V2 Initial Impression: I had one cap first thing this morning, another at noon and a third at 2pm. In all honesty, I no real idea what to expect, so I went into this morning with a very open mind - waiting to see what effects may befall.

I was pleasantly surprised by the potency of SV2 - I was bouncing off the walls (as much as you can in a lab) through most of the day. It took a little while to kick in; my first dose was at about 7:45 and it wasn't until around 8:30 that I really began to feel a lift, but from that point on it lasted steadily through the end of my day. I'm considering condensing the dose from 1 cap 3x/day to 2caps in the am and one in the pm. I would like to see if that counters the long "start-up" time. Additionally, I have had no crash and in fact still have a lively amount of energy; though the day is drawing to a close and I am far more relaxed now, my brain is still alert and focused.

Being caffeine-free, I am impressed so far. Now, I am stim-sensitive, so the intensity of my experience may not be present in a more inoculated user, but I consider this good evidence that the common use of caffeine in the supplement market is just unnecessary. I am hoping the affect SV2 had on me today remains as notable - it would really drive that last point home.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're always a welcome sight in my logs, Rosie. Pretty cool that you'll be using some of the same stuff.
:) Yep, I'm planning on running T-911 as well pretty soon :D

I was pleasantly surprised by the potency of SV2 - I was bouncing off the walls (as much as you can in a lab) through most of the day. It took a little while to kick in; my first dose was at about 7:45 and it wasn't until around 8:30 that I really began to feel a lift, but from that point on it lasted steadily through the end of my day...Additionally, I have had no crash and in fact still have a lively amount of energy; though the day is drawing to a close and I am far more relaxed now, my brain is still alert and focused.

Being caffeine-free, I am impressed so far...I am hoping the affect SV2 had on me today remains as notable - it would really drive that last point home.
Positive so far. Man, I am a stim junkie; going withOUT them, even RPM, for more than a week is far from cool. If something can give the same effect then I wouldn't be too worried about taking a break from them.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm with Rosie on the break from stims. If I can get the same focus/intensity without then great!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am feeling really good right now...:240:

2 Sv2 and a T-911 tab... mmm... I'm wide awake but feeling very relaxed; no stress despite being very productive so far this morning. I know T-911 improves my mood, but it seems Sv2 is enhancing it further.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

2 Sv2 and a T-911 tab... mmm... I'm wide awake but feeling very relaxed; no stress despite being very productive so far this morning. I know T-911 improves my mood, but it seems Sv2 is enhancing it further.
Awwww yaaaaaaaa.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Uh oh, we've got a stoned scientist.... I'm anticipating LSD v2.0 by the end of the day.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ooo austin powers....its been so long!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude, stimulant highs are so freaking awesome. I wish they lasted longer. When I get it from Ephedrine, it lasts a good 1.5hrs or so but then I come down.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today's workout was the first I've ever done on a ketogenic diet, and it was horridly awesome. I was so nauseous that between sets of dips I had to put my head between my knees and breath deeply. Still threw-up a little in my mouth. :/

But the workout was freakin' intense!! I obviously pushed hard and my rest sets were quite short - I was done with everything in 50min.

Today's Workout:
Leg Press: 190 for 7:30
GHR Negatives: 3x5
SS'd W/Bodyweight Lunges: x20, x18, x15
BB Inc Press: 235x8, x8, x6, x6, 225 for 4x8
Dips: BW for 7x8
Unilateral Cable Flies: 50lb for 7x8

Inc Press was down a bit, last week I was able to perform 8x8 with 235, but then I had several hundred grams of CHO in my diet then. Everything else felt better, though - and my leg press is progressing nicely. I've been tweaking how I do the one humongo set and I've really seen some decent gains in my quads despite not being able to squat. Seems as long as I keep the volume high, my legs aren't losing size.

As for supplementation:

SV2: 2 caps in the morning is awesome. Had another pre-workout. Between that, the T-911, and the A.S. I was wired for my workout. Through the morning I felt sooooo good, the nootropic capacity of SV2 syncs really well with T-911. Haven't noticed much in terms of thermogenesis - I.e. no increased sweating, no appetite suppression. Just freaking loads of energy with a lot of mental focus.

This mental aspect is more pronounced than with other stims: X-Force, Focal Point, RPM, that kind of stuff; but the energy is different. It's more like your brain just wants to be doing something.

As for T-911 and A.S., not much to say yet. AS has an unusual cinnamon tang to it's "fruit punch" flavoring, it was good, but unexpected. Noticed no real pump, though I did have a freaking lot of drive in my workout. Last time I ran T-911, the main benefits in the gym were increased strength and recovery. I did feel ready to lift again sooner between sets, but I found that my muscles had less stamina than I am accustomed to, presumably due to a lack of glycogen. Hopefully, as time proceeds, I will adjust more to lifting without CHO and will begin to see an increase in benefit from AS and T-911.

Also, I weighed myself post-workout. For purposes of tracking progress, I will consider my Before Weight: 248
Now, this is after a meal and several liters of water, so my actual weight is probably more like 244, but considering that I will be consistently weighing myself post-workout, this works as a starting point.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have been doing Nordic curls try to work my way towards GHR's. Awesome movement.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Resolve, any chance of adding some pictures to your log? that would be a good complement to your already good log! cheers

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Resolve, any chance of adding some pictures to your log? that would be a good complement to your already good log! cheers
Yup, been planning on snapping a few at the med-center's locker room. I'm not allowed to take pictures in my gym's locker room and I'm only in the med center on Wednesdays. So, they're forthcoming tomorrow.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The "cinnamon tang" is probably from the cinnamon extract. ;)

I never saw huge pumps from AS, so I used mine more as an intra-wo drink and really liked it that way. Plus, I was able to use more. I did 1.5s.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My pumps are really good on -AS-. But I love taking one scoop before and one scoop intra. Awesome that way.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, I'm actually going to drop back my dosage of AS to 1/2 scoop today. AZ brought it to my attention that it could be AS that was making me nauseous yesterday. Considering it contains a pSarm and that many other pre-workout supps have made me queasy too, this could be the case. So I'm lowering the dosage for a few workouts to see if that fixes the problem.

Also, and perhaps more importantly - it has just been set up that I will be receiving a bottle of the new improved T-911 to run in this log in the place of my current bottle, which has the old androsterone based formula. How cool is that?!
:dance:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also, and perhaps more importantly - it has just been set up that I will be receiving a bottle of the new improved T-911 to run in this log in the place of my current bottle, which has the old androsterone based formula. How cool is that?!
That's freaking awesome, make some room on the dance flo

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's cool R...interested to see the new Benzo derivative's effectiveness.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, I'm actually going to drop back my dosage of AS to 1/2 scoop today. AZ brought it to my attention that it could be AS that was making me nauseous yesterday. Considering it contains a pSarm and that many other pre-workout supps have made me queasy too, this could be the case. So I'm lowering the dosage for a few workouts to see if that fixes the problem.

I'm telling you!...Use it intra-wo!

Excited to see what you think of the new formula. I was sad to hear it changed, but it could be better than ever! I know the AI is much better in this one.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Resolve your getting queasy off of one scoop correct?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm telling you!...Use it intra-wo!

Excited to see what you think of the new formula. I was sad to hear it changed, but it could be better than ever! I know the AI is much better in this one.
If AS treats me better today pre-workout, I will incorporate it intra over the weekend.

As for T-911, I'm with you - I love it as it is, so I'm a little sad for the change, but it could still definitely turn out to be an improvement.

I have surprisingly low DOMS today - I'm sore, but I was honestly expecting to be much worse. Thank God for T-911. I also think Combat is helping somewhat too.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today's Thoughts:

Sv2: 2 in the am, 1 pre-workout. Been studying my brains out today. I received the list of info that I am expected to know before starting my graduate classes in August, and it is monstrous. Basically, I could sum it up by saying "Everything you learned in every science class you took as an undergrad, plus all the techniques you have learned in the lab since then." So, today was a day of mental taxation.

But, here it is post-workout and 8.5hours into my school day and I feel, well, vibrant. My workout cleared my head of whatever fatigue had accumulated therein, and despite being intense and physically draining, my brain is feeling ready for round 2.

T-911: Today marks the end of my short-lived saga with the androsterone formula. Noteworthy aspects; noticeable recovery increases both inter-set and overnight and the beginnings of the same irrepressible libido jump I exxxperienced last time on this stuff. :biglaugh:

A.S.: 1/2 scoop = no nausea. So it could have been AS giving me trouble yesterday, or it could have just been a particularly intense workout on a diet to which I am unaccustomed. My next workout is Saturday and I intend to use 1/2 scoop pre-workout and 1/2 intra, per IC's suggestion (thanks man!).

Today's Workout:

Bodyweight Chin-ups: x12, x12, x10, x10, x9, x9, x8, x8
Unilateral Pull-downs: 100lb for 8x12
Seated Smith Behind-the-neck Press: 145 for 4x12, 135 for 4x12
DB Lateral Raises: 20lb for 8x12

Superset: 10x12
Incline DB Curls: 35lb
w/Rope Triceps Ext.: 100lb

Superset: 8x12
BB Reverse Curls: 65lb
Uni Reverse Triceps Cable Ext.: 50lb

Holy Mother of Mayhem! If you want your arms to fall off, this is the way to go about it! My upper body is frrrrrried and I loved every minute of it. Chins are by far one of my favorite movements and I loved focusing on them with such high volume. Additionally, I'm finally getting some vascularity in my right arm. I haven't any visible veins there since I was an undergrad, and I graduated from that in 2006!

The behind-the-neck press is something I like for shoulders in the higher rep range, but overall, I much prefer the push press as a vertical pushing movement. Have to use lower reps, but I can move much more weight and it is a much better full-upper body movement, working far more muscles. The Behind-the-neck press can barely be considered compound - it just meets the criteria with a bit of triceps activation. But for shoulders, it gets the job done.

I got a lot of pictures taken post-workout, so I'll post some of those up when I get home. I don't really want people walking by my bench here in the lab and seeing me looking at topless pictures of myself; it just doesn't seem appropriate. :embarrassed: But rest assured, you'll get to see mah gut soon enough!