The Sweet Taste of Perfection...UKStrength Logs LG Sciences Perfect Carb (Sponsored)

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.57%

I really like the idea of timing PC around WOs only. Makes sense to do so if my carb intake from diet is sufficient. More about timing my intake than increasing my intake.

2. UKStrength

Quote Originally Posted by Cfour View Post
    I really like the idea of timing PC around WOs only. Makes sense to do so if my carb intake from diet is sufficient. More about timing my intake than increasing my intake.
    Definitely.

Most trainees I've worked with are eating enough carbohydrates if body composition changes are their main goal (~3g CHO/kg/LBM is plenty for most). The timing of them, like you say, just needs tweaking.
  3. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Craigmatthew View Post
    Video review would be killer
    Quote Originally Posted by UKStrength View Post
    It's coming...
    you just keep putting those treats of the day up! hahahaha ,
    Im seriously loving this carb mix, I add in Slin to mine with the bc+eaa's, "compiled by my good friend IBC" and my skin wants to rip. I cant compare it to WMS, ive never used it, but i will take your word UK..
    •   

4. UKStrength

Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    you just keep putting those treats of the day up! hahahaha ,

Don't worry I will do mate They're a staple in my logs.

Im seriously loving this carb mix, I add in Slin to mine with the bc+eaa's, "compiled by my good friend IBC" and my skin wants to rip. I cant compare it to WMS, ive never used it, but i will take your word UK..
    I'm liking it so far too mate, I've never tried an insulin-mimicker like SLIN but I'd imagine the pumps would be insane!

WMS is good mate but a nightmare to mix at times (especially in a shaker), it clumps and tastes very chalky.

I'll put the two in the video so you can see what I mean. Cheers for the input mate and the reps.
  5. UKStrength

Day 6: Pre and Intra-Workout Perfect Carb

Training: Legs

Close Stance Back Squat: (6-8 reps) 6,6,6,6 (85kg)
    Romanian Deadlift: (6-8 reps) 6,6,6,6 (105kg)
    DB Lunges: (12-15 reps) 12,12,12,12 (24kg DBs)
    Leg Extension: (8-12 reps) 10,9,8,8 (30kg)
    Hamstring Curls: (8-12 reps) 12,12,9,8 (25kg)
    Seated Calf Raise: (up to 100 reps) 78 reps (60kg)

Thoughts on Training:

Monday is leg day for me (unlike 99% of the lifters in my gym where it's chest day ) and I always dread completing this session because it's so physically draining. Today was all about the form, so the numbers are pretty low. However, I've not got much overall size in my outer quads (possibly due to years of pointing my toes outward and taking a wider stance to squat deeper) so I kept it close, tight and nailed those wheels today!

Took my first serving of Perfect Carb ~1 hour before training, it slipped down nicely as always I'm really liking how there's no bloat, gas or general gastric discomfort whatsoever, but I didn't feel much different in terms of 'energy' from a regular shake/meal.

The intra-workout shake is where Perfect Carb really shone. Last week I went slightly 'light-headed' (possible low blood glucose) during my legs session with just my whey-based drink. Today I felt awesome fully focused and I even banged out a few sets of pullups at the end of training, I felt that good.

No pump once I took my regular whey and banana combo post training and I felt uncomfortably full with the extra food in my gut. Extra water didn't remove the feeling at all, I had to walk it off.

As a side note...my patients are always complaining that Maxijul (maltodextrin) gives them 'upset stomachs' maybe I should get Perfect Carb on the ward!

Looking forward to the final combo, Pre, Intra and Post-workout Perfect Carb!

Sweet Treat of the Day

6. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.68%

Woah hot alert!
  7. UKStrength

Woah hot alert!
    I do try my friend
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.68%

Quote Originally Posted by UKStrength View Post
    I do try my friend
    Very good :P My Bc+Eaa and Perfect Carb should be arrivng end of this week, very excited about how this will go with my new turn it up program.. haha
  9. UKStrength

Very good :P My Bc+Eaa and Perfect Carb should be arrivng end of this week, very excited about how this will go with my new turn it up program.. haha
    Nice mate I'm doing the same with my Purple Wraath (when it arrives) to see how much better EAAs/BCAAs are with Perfect Carb than just plain old whey during training.

I've asked some of the CL reps as well for some Glycergrow samples to see how synergistic it is with cell volumisers...should be pumpilicious!
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.51%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

If its one thing you can count on its Rick putting in 100% on logs. Great job buiddy.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  11. UKStrength

Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    If its one thing you can count on its Rick putting in 100% on logs. Great job buiddy.
    Cheers mate I can't currently compete with you for 'flashiness' though, I'll have to work on my IT skills!
  12. UKStrength

Day 7: Pre, Intra and Post-Workout Perfect Carb

Training: Chest

Highlights in green are all improvements on the previous weeks' performance.

Incline DB Press: (6-8 reps) 12,10,9,8 (30kg DBs)
    Incline DB Flies: (6-8 reps) 6,6,6,6 (22kg DBs)
    Flat DB Press: (6-8 reps) 10,8,7,6 (30kg DBs)
    Gironda Dips: (6-8 reps) 6,6,6,6 (Bodyweight)
    DB Pullovers: (8-12 reps) 12,12,11,11 (30kg DB)

Thoughts on Training:

Today was the triumvirate package for Perfect Carb and what better way to test it out than full-on chest session! (It's almost as if he planned it... ).

Taking my Perfect Carb again 1 hour pre-workout, it slipped down beautifully but I didn't feel any extra energy before training.

Intra-workout was another matter entirely...I absolutely annihilated the weights today! I felt strong during and between sets and full of energy even by the end of the session; I could have done more, but wisely decided to leave it at that (bring on those AAS...).

Pumps were superb, chest was full and vascularity crazy and downing my post-workout drink has convinced me to ditch my post-training banana for good now. There was no comparison with the immediate saturation of my muscles as I sunk that tasty drink from the bloated, drained feeling of trying to force-feed carbs in food.

Final Conclusion on Perfect Carb Timing:

After trying all the various combinations so far for the log, my favourite protocol for using Perfect Carb during training would be:

Pre-training Meal (1.5-2 hours pre-training)
    |
    V
    Pre-workout stimulants (e.g. Caffeine) 30 mins before training.
    |
    V
    Intra-Workout 1 serving of Perfect Carb with fast-digesting protein (whey isolate/BCAAs/EAAs), in at least 1 litre of water.
    |
    V
    Post-Workout 1-2 servings of Perfect Carb with whey protein (concentrate or isolate), creatine or other post-training supplements.

I decided against a pre-workout serving of Perfect Carb. Personally I felt, even after a few combinations that it wasn't necessary for me.

However, we all have different training programs and some other guys may disagree, it's a great way of getting in some quality nutrition prior to training and could easily replace your pre-training meal if you were pushed for time.

Hope this helps some guys plan how they'd use their Perfect Carb. I've still got some left and plan to test it out with EAAs and some other training supplements to see how it works with those.

Watch this space and stayed tuned guys!

Sweet Treat of The Day

13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.51%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Well I think you got it covered with those babes lol
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  14. UKStrength

Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    Well I think you got it covered with those babes lol
    Haha, I knew there was a reason you guys were sticking around...
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.57%

Nice work bro. Intra is working great for me. I love the mix with the BC+EAAs! Nice combo. Tried to rep ya on this but it said I gotta spread the love...lol. I'll knock up some other unsuspecting victims and get back to you!
  16. UKStrength

Quote Originally Posted by Cfour View Post
    Nice work bro. Intra is working great for me. I love the mix with the BC+EAAs! Nice combo. Tried to rep ya on this but it said I gotta spread the love...lol. I'll knock up some other unsuspecting victims and get back to you!
    Lol, just be gentle with them... I haven't been able to get any samples of insulin potentiators or cell volumisers, so I'll be posting up a full review with the video tonight.
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.68%

Awesome log man! The different angles you chose to test this is so valuable to us!
  18. UKStrength

Awesome log man! The different angles you chose to test this is so valuable to us!
    No problem at all mate, cheers for the opportunity!
  19. UKStrength

Day 8

Apologies for the lack of an update yesterday guys (I hate to deprive you of your daily eye candy), I was at my Great Grandmother's 100th Birthday party So yesterday was certainly an OFF day (I had to do a 600mile round trip to London...).

Unfortunately my phone's decided to roll over and die, so no video up again Tomorrow it will be up without fail (I'll beg, borrow or steal a camera phone).

Anyways onto today's training!

Dosing Protocol for Perfect Carb: Intra and Postworkout.

Training: Shoulders and Traps

Barbell Clean and Press: (6-8 reps) 8,8,6,4 (65kg)
    Upright Rows: (8-12 reps) 8,8,8,8 (EZ + 40kg)
    Seated Incline Bench Lateral Raise: (8-12 reps) 9,9,7,7 (14kg DBs)
    Barbell Shrugs: (6-8 reps) 6,6,6,6 (140kg)
    Reverse DB Flies: (12-15 reps) 12,12,12,10 (14kg DBs)
    Haney Shrugs: (8-12 reps) 8,8,8,9 (100kg)
    Seated Neutral Press: (8-12 reps) 10,10,10,10 (20kg DBs)
    Lateral DB Holds: 50,45,45,45 (3.5kg DBs)

Thoughts on Training:

I decided to use the dosing protocol from the review of last session, since this seemed to produce the best results for me

I only did power cleans last session to ease myself back into the technique again, this week I was back to full cleans, love this exercise. I felt strong and explosive at every lift, I can't wait to start shifting some serious weight on this exercise.

Pumps were superb throughout training, even though the cleans were literally draining (quite high volume for this exercise) I blasted the rest of the session and finished strong. For some reason the pumps weren't as good post-training...not sure what to put this down to...

Shipment from the US is almost here! Time to combine the PURPLE WRAATH with the Perfect Carb!

Sweet Treat of The Day

20. UKStrength

Day 9 & 10

Training: Back

Deadlifts: (4-6 reps) 6,6,6,6 (140kg)
    Barbell Rows: (6-8 reps) 7,7,7,7 (70kg)
    1-arm DB Row: (8-12 reps) 12,12,11,10 (34kg DBs)
    Close Grip Pulldown: (8-12 reps) 12,12,11,11 (70kg)

Thoughts on Training:

Even after a very long and tiring day with not amazing eating, this session felt good today Every exercise I attacked with ferocity and managed some excellent progression (reps and weight).

Pumps were full, but again the post workout pumps were a little 'deflated' although I can easily put that down to a lack of proper rest as my new job is gradually stealing hours from my evenings...

Sweet Treat of The Day

Apologies for the lack of update and video yesterday.

Just starting a new job at the moment (heading up nutrition at a childrens' weight management camp) and my phone is still not fixed. Poor excuse, but there's nothing else to video with in this house unfortunately.

Hope to have the video up next week with my thoughts on Perfect Carb with Purple Wraath and a final review
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.68%

Damn that blonde is hot!
  22. UKStrength

The Sweet Taste of Perfection...UKStrength Logs LG Sciences Perfect Carb (TM)

Final Review

I was very kindly sponsored by LG sciences to log their newest carbohydrate supplement PERFECT CARB . My log lasted for 10 days and you can read my thoughts (or just look at the pretty pictures ) right here: The Sweet Taste of Perfection...UKStrength Logs LG Sciences Perfect Carb (TM)

The Product: What is Perfect Carb (TM)?

(Taken from www.lgsciences.com - manufactures high quality anabolic prohormone bodybuilding supplements like Methyl 1-D, Masterdrol and Formadrol)

"Carbohydrates are an important source of anabolism. Building muscle requires proper muscle glycogen which must be replenished at the right time and in the proper ratios, without causing fat storage! Without the proper carbohydrates, in the right amounts, the calories from those carbs could end up on your waist, not in your muscles.

Perfect Carb(TM) is the ultimate source for anyone wishing to add key muscle building glycogen while controlling insulin and fat storage. It is made up of three of the best known carbohydrate sources in the proper ratio to replenish muscle stores. First is pure pharmaceutical grade DEXTROSE, which immediately slams glycogen into your muscles when you need it most. Only enough dextrose is in the product to recharge muscle stores without overloading the endocrine system and causing fat gain. Second, MALTODEXTRIN is an intermediate glucose converting sugar that provides the second bump in available energy without spiking insulin, giving the second wave of glycogen raw materials. Finally, Perfect Carb contains WAXY MAIZE starch, which is a slower digesting carbohydrate that helps pull water and nutrients into the cell, making cell volume increase. It also partially converts to glucose at a slower rate, giving sustained energy.

Perfect Carb is unflavored, making it perfect to add to your post workout shake, or as an additional carb source for any application where additional glycogen is required."

Packaging:

Solid-looking container that looks pretty cool to say the least! (I caught members of my household having a gander at Perfect Carb more than once...). The scooper is a 30g standard whey scoop but the container lid is not particularly wide, those guys/gals with big hands might struggle a bit to get the last of the supplement out.

Mixability:

I used both a blender and shaker bottle for mixing the perfect carb, both methods work equally well. The powder mixes instantly in 500mls of water.

After resting (10 minutes), the product was still suspended in solution, so those guys who like to mix up their protein in advance shouldn't have any issues

Taste and Texture

Adding the Perfect Carb to my whey shake gave it a much 'silkier' texture, it didn't add any flavour to the shake and left no 'chalky' aftertaste once drunk.

I also tried Perfect Carb with my favourite EAA product 'Purple Wraath'. Normally the Wraath has quite a sharp taste to it, the addition of the Perfect Carb neutralises this sharpness making it, in my opinion even more pleasant to drink

Side Effects

None at all. As with any WMS product, always drink plenty of water with it and there shouldn't be any stomach issues. I personally like to drink ~1L with a 30g serving of WMS and seems to prevent any GI distress, I would definitely recommend others to do so.

Effects on Training

I used Perfect Carb in the following manner to fully assess how it affected my training through supplementing glycogen stores, augmenting intracellular water retention and maintaining blood glucose levels pre, during and after training:

1st Training Session: Post-workout Perfect Carb
    2nd Training Session: Pre-workout Perfect Carb
    3rd Training Session: Intra-Workout Perfect Carb
    4th Training Session: Pre and Post-Workout Perfect Carb
    5th Training Session: Intra and Post-Workout Perfect Carb
    6th Training Session: Pre and Intra-Workout Perfect Carb
    7th Training Session: Pre, Intra and Post-Workout Perfect Carb

Final Conclusion on Perfect Carb Timing

After trying all the various combinations so far for the log, my favourite protocol for using Perfect Carb during training would be:

Pre-training Meal (1.5-2 hours pre-training)
    |
    V
    Pre-workout stimulants (e.g. Caffeine) 30 mins before training.
    |
    V
    Intra-Workout 1 serving of Perfect Carb with fast-digesting protein (whey isolate/BCAAs/EAAs), in at least 1 litre of water.
    |
    V
    Post-Workout 1-2 servings of Perfect Carb with whey protein (concentrate or isolate), creatine or other post-training supplements.

I decided against a pre-workout serving of Perfect Carb. Personally I felt, even after a few combinations that it wasn't necessary for me.

However, we all have different training programs and some other guys may disagree, it's a great way of getting in some quality nutrition prior to training and could easily replace your pre-training meal if you were pushed for time.

Final Thoughts on Perfect Carb

Perfect Carb is an excellent product and if you personally enjoy using carbohydrates during training sessions it could easily take the place of your current dextrose or WMS supplementation. The taste is very mild and it mixes instantly in a shaker or blender.

I found that it improved my performance during training quite substantially, especially during very taxing sessions with large body parts such as: legs or back. I didn't get any feelings of hypoglycaemia and the pumps were wicked

Give it a shot, even if you only used one serving after training it's pretty economical and you get the benefit of the 3 different types of carbohydrates in there and beats the bloated feeling of many other carbohydrate sources.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the guys at LG Sciences for choosing me to log their product and I hope this helps some of the other trainees on the boards.

UK (Rick).

Similar Forum Threads

1. Sweet taste in mouth
    By oznerol in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-06-2010, 01:41 PM
  2. Log ~LG Sciences Perfect Carb~!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By Liftergym33 in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 06-24-2009, 07:51 AM
  3. LG Sciences Perfect Carb Promo!!!!!!!!
    By Liftergym33 in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-02-2009, 04:05 AM
  4. LG Sciences Perfect Carb
    By SwolenONE in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-25-2009, 07:19 PM