The Sweet Taste of Perfection...UKStrength Logs LG Sciences Perfect Carb (Sponsored)

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. UKStrength

Quote Originally Posted by IMMoose View Post
    And nice back routine also!
    Cheers mate

Makes a change from the GVT Deadlift routine of madness! (check out my other log and you'll see what I mean...)

Arms tomorrow! I'll be happy to receive criticism on the routine, anything to make these buggers grow!

2. Future

Love Perfect Carb. Glad you are liking it.
    •   

3. My perfect carb and bc+eaa grape are on the way now.. it's gains time baby!

4. Damn bro...great log so far! How did I miss this! Well I'm in now. Keep up the good work.

5. I'll be using Perfect Carb in the following manner to test its capabilities in supplementing glycogen stores, augmenting intracellular water retention and maintaining blood glucose levels pre, during and after training.

1st Training Session: Post-workout Perfect Carb
    2nd Training Session: Pre-workout Perfect Carb
    3rd Training Session: Intra-Workout Perfect Carb
    4th Training Session: Pre and Post-Workout Perfect Carb
    5th Training Session: Intra and Post-Workout Perfect Carb
    6th Training Session: Pre and Intra-Workout Perfect Carb
    7th Training Session: Pre, Intra and Post-Workout Perfect Carb

After completing the various combinations of the above I'll post up a review of my thoughts of the best combination for maximal performance during training.

I normally use one scoop of whey protein diluted in water during training and finish it after training with a banana (until I get my purple wraath... )

For the duration of this log, I'll drop the banana and continue to use just my one scoop of protein. If there are multiple drinks (as in session 7), I'll spread the protein out amongst the drinks.

Current Training Program:

Monday: Legs and Calves
    Tuesday: Chest
    Wednesday: HIIT Cardio
    Thursday: Shoulders and Traps.
    Friday: Back
    Saturday: Biceps, Triceps and Forearms.
    Sunday: OFF

Great plan my friend. I've never supplemented carbs before, so this is new to me. I like the way your changing your times around....pre, post, & intra. I've been using intra only as far as WOs. But I've also been adding it to my morning lipotropic shake with breakfast. What about rest days....been supplementing once on those days also. Should I keep it on WO days only?
    I've also added over 2lbs since starting Perfect Carb. That's the biggest weekly gain of my MMV2 cycle. My diet & WOs have been the same, only thing new is Perfect Carb, so hopefully it is clean weight.

Don't you love how well it mixes? No lumps.
  6. UKStrength

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Love Perfect Carb. Glad you are liking it.
    Yeah it's pretty awesome I used WMS for the first time last year and that was e****lent but this is a cut above WMS. I hate feeling 'full' during training (tend to leave 2-3 hours after a medium-sized meal before training), so Perfect Carb is ideal for me really.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigmatthew View Post
    My perfect carb and bc+eaa grape are on the way now.. it's gains time baby!
    I'm really looking forward to adding this to my Purple Wraath! My current 'watered down whey' still takes some digestion in my gut, so it'll be interesting to see how synergistic Perfect Carb will be with an EAA product that requires no digestion. Might have no effect, but we'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by Cfour View Post
    Damn bro...great log so far! How did I miss this! Well I'm in now. Keep up the good work.
    No worries mate, nice to have you here now.

...I've been using intra only as far as WOs. But I've also been adding it to my morning lipotropic shake with breakfast. What about rest days....been supplementing once on those days also. Should I keep it on WO days only?
    I've kept it to workout days only, for two reasons:

1) Carbohydrate formulas such as Perfect Carb are extremely ergogenic around the training period, I'd rather not waste a single serving when it could be helping me push more weight or recover faster!

2) I have no issues with reaching my target calorie intake every day, the only other area I could see Perfect Carb having a role in one's supplement arsenal. It'd be an easy way to add additional calories to shakes, juices, milk, soups etc. much in the same way I'd add 'Maxijul' (maltodextrin-based energy supplement) to sick patients' food and drink on the ward, without the burden of chewing and extra gut motility.

I've also added over 2lbs since starting Perfect Carb. That's the biggest weekly gain of my MMV2 cycle. My diet & WOs have been the same, only thing new is Perfect Carb, so hopefully it is clean weight.
    That's awesome mate! Could well be the Perfect Carb, I wouldn't rule it out

I'm not reporting weights or measurements as this isn't the point of my log, I'd rather use this as an opportunity to help other trainees work out when's best to use Perfect Carb around the training period, how it works with other supplements, mixes, tastes etc.

Don't you love how well it mixes? No lumps.
    It mixes really well! WMS has always mixed really badly in the past for me, so for this to mix instantly is awesome.

I'll be posting up that video either tomorrow or the day after, comparing how it mixes in a shaker against regular WMS.

7. Video review would be killer
  8. UKStrength

Video review would be killer
    It's coming...

9. Quote Originally Posted by UKStrength View Post
    It's coming...
    ahhh VERY good :P
  10. UKStrength

Day 5: Intra and Post Workout Perfect Carb

Training: Arms

Reverse EZ Bar Curl (8-12 reps): 12,8,8,8 (EZ+22.5kg)
    Parallel Bar Dips (6-8 reps): 6,6,6,6 (Bodyweight + 20kg)
    Incline DB Curl (8-12 reps): 10,7,6,4 (14kg DBs)
    Close Grip Bench Press (6-8 reps): 8,8,6,6 (70kg)
    Straight Bar 21s (21 reps): 21,21,21,21 (35kg)
    Cable Press-down (8-12 reps): 12,12,12,8 (35kg)
    Chin-ups to failure
    Bench Dips to failure

Thoughts on Training

Definitely my favourite combo so far Arms were absolutely swollen by the end of my session, vascularity was awesome and I maintained my strength all the way through the session, banging out 3 sets of chin-ups and dips even though I was sure I was through.

I wasn't really feeling the parallel bar dips I've always had this problem, whenever my hands are in a neutral grip position (hammer grip) I can never feel any strain in my triceps, but strangely enough whenever I do bench dips (pronated hand position) my triceps get a crazy pump!

I think I'll change bench dips to my primary tricep movement, it's just a pain loading plates onto your legs, I'll have to ask someone to help me.

I was pretty sure my arms couldn't get anymore pumped but after my postworkout shake it was virtually skin-bursting! Definitely take in at least a litre of water with the serving of Perfect Carb, I think this makes a big difference to the pump.

Day off tomorrow, so no perfect carb for me I'll post the next combination on monday, hopefully with a video.

Sweet Treat of The Day

•   

11. I really like the idea of timing PC around WOs only. Makes sense to do so if my carb intake from diet is sufficient. More about timing my intake than increasing my intake.
  12. UKStrength

I really like the idea of timing PC around WOs only. Makes sense to do so if my carb intake from diet is sufficient. More about timing my intake than increasing my intake.
    Definitely.

Most trainees I've worked with are eating enough carbohydrates if body composition changes are their main goal (~3g CHO/kg/LBM is plenty for most). The timing of them, like you say, just needs tweaking.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Craigmatthew View Post
    Video review would be killer
    Quote Originally Posted by UKStrength View Post
    It's coming...
    you just keep putting those treats of the day up! hahahaha ,
    Im seriously loving this carb mix, I add in Slin to mine with the bc+eaa's, "compiled by my good friend IBC" and my skin wants to rip. I cant compare it to WMS, ive never used it, but i will take your word UK..
  14. UKStrength

Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    you just keep putting those treats of the day up! hahahaha ,

Don't worry I will do mate They're a staple in my logs.

Im seriously loving this carb mix, I add in Slin to mine with the bc+eaa's, "compiled by my good friend IBC" and my skin wants to rip. I cant compare it to WMS, ive never used it, but i will take your word UK..
    I'm liking it so far too mate, I've never tried an insulin-mimicker like SLIN but I'd imagine the pumps would be insane!

WMS is good mate but a nightmare to mix at times (especially in a shaker), it clumps and tastes very chalky.

I'll put the two in the video so you can see what I mean. Cheers for the input mate and the reps.
  15. UKStrength

Day 6: Pre and Intra-Workout Perfect Carb

Training: Legs

Close Stance Back Squat: (6-8 reps) 6,6,6,6 (85kg)
    Romanian Deadlift: (6-8 reps) 6,6,6,6 (105kg)
    DB Lunges: (12-15 reps) 12,12,12,12 (24kg DBs)
    Leg Extension: (8-12 reps) 10,9,8,8 (30kg)
    Hamstring Curls: (8-12 reps) 12,12,9,8 (25kg)
    Seated Calf Raise: (up to 100 reps) 78 reps (60kg)

Thoughts on Training:

Monday is leg day for me (unlike 99% of the lifters in my gym where it's chest day ) and I always dread completing this session because it's so physically draining. Today was all about the form, so the numbers are pretty low. However, I've not got much overall size in my outer quads (possibly due to years of pointing my toes outward and taking a wider stance to squat deeper) so I kept it close, tight and nailed those wheels today!

Took my first serving of Perfect Carb ~1 hour before training, it slipped down nicely as always I'm really liking how there's no bloat, gas or general gastric discomfort whatsoever, but I didn't feel much different in terms of 'energy' from a regular shake/meal.

The intra-workout shake is where Perfect Carb really shone. Last week I went slightly 'light-headed' (possible low blood glucose) during my legs session with just my whey-based drink. Today I felt awesome fully focused and I even banged out a few sets of pullups at the end of training, I felt that good.

No pump once I took my regular whey and banana combo post training and I felt uncomfortably full with the extra food in my gut. Extra water didn't remove the feeling at all, I had to walk it off.

As a side note...my patients are always complaining that Maxijul (maltodextrin) gives them 'upset stomachs' maybe I should get Perfect Carb on the ward!

Looking forward to the final combo, Pre, Intra and Post-workout Perfect Carb!

Sweet Treat of the Day

16. Woah hot alert!
  17. UKStrength

Woah hot alert!
    I do try my friend

18. Quote Originally Posted by UKStrength View Post
    I do try my friend
    Very good :P My Bc+Eaa and Perfect Carb should be arrivng end of this week, very excited about how this will go with my new turn it up program.. haha
  19. UKStrength

Very good :P My Bc+Eaa and Perfect Carb should be arrivng end of this week, very excited about how this will go with my new turn it up program.. haha
    Nice mate I'm doing the same with my Purple Wraath (when it arrives) to see how much better EAAs/BCAAs are with Perfect Carb than just plain old whey during training.

I've asked some of the CL reps as well for some Glycergrow samples to see how synergistic it is with cell volumisers...should be pumpilicious!

20. If its one thing you can count on its Rick putting in 100% on logs. Great job buiddy.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  21. UKStrength

Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    If its one thing you can count on its Rick putting in 100% on logs. Great job buiddy.
    Cheers mate I can't currently compete with you for 'flashiness' though, I'll have to work on my IT skills!
  22. UKStrength

Day 7: Pre, Intra and Post-Workout Perfect Carb

Training: Chest

Highlights in green are all improvements on the previous weeks' performance.

Incline DB Press: (6-8 reps) 12,10,9,8 (30kg DBs)
    Incline DB Flies: (6-8 reps) 6,6,6,6 (22kg DBs)
    Flat DB Press: (6-8 reps) 10,8,7,6 (30kg DBs)
    Gironda Dips: (6-8 reps) 6,6,6,6 (Bodyweight)
    DB Pullovers: (8-12 reps) 12,12,11,11 (30kg DB)

Thoughts on Training:

Today was the triumvirate package for Perfect Carb and what better way to test it out than full-on chest session! (It's almost as if he planned it... ).

Taking my Perfect Carb again 1 hour pre-workout, it slipped down beautifully but I didn't feel any extra energy before training.

Intra-workout was another matter entirely...I absolutely annihilated the weights today! I felt strong during and between sets and full of energy even by the end of the session; I could have done more, but wisely decided to leave it at that (bring on those AAS...).

Pumps were superb, chest was full and vascularity crazy and downing my post-workout drink has convinced me to ditch my post-training banana for good now. There was no comparison with the immediate saturation of my muscles as I sunk that tasty drink from the bloated, drained feeling of trying to force-feed carbs in food.

Final Conclusion on Perfect Carb Timing:

After trying all the various combinations so far for the log, my favourite protocol for using Perfect Carb during training would be:

Pre-training Meal (1.5-2 hours pre-training)
    |
    V
    Pre-workout stimulants (e.g. Caffeine) 30 mins before training.
    |
    V
    Intra-Workout 1 serving of Perfect Carb with fast-digesting protein (whey isolate/BCAAs/EAAs), in at least 1 litre of water.
    |
    V
    Post-Workout 1-2 servings of Perfect Carb with whey protein (concentrate or isolate), creatine or other post-training supplements.

I decided against a pre-workout serving of Perfect Carb. Personally I felt, even after a few combinations that it wasn't necessary for me.

However, we all have different training programs and some other guys may disagree, it's a great way of getting in some quality nutrition prior to training and could easily replace your pre-training meal if you were pushed for time.

Hope this helps some guys plan how they'd use their Perfect Carb. I've still got some left and plan to test it out with EAAs and some other training supplements to see how it works with those.

Watch this space and stayed tuned guys!

Sweet Treat of The Day

23. Well I think you got it covered with those babes lol
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  24. UKStrength

Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    Well I think you got it covered with those babes lol
    Haha, I knew there was a reason you guys were sticking around...

25. Nice work bro. Intra is working great for me. I love the mix with the BC+EAAs! Nice combo. Tried to rep ya on this but it said I gotta spread the love...lol. I'll knock up some other unsuspecting victims and get back to you!
  26. UKStrength

Nice work bro. Intra is working great for me. I love the mix with the BC+EAAs! Nice combo. Tried to rep ya on this but it said I gotta spread the love...lol. I'll knock up some other unsuspecting victims and get back to you!
    Lol, just be gentle with them... I haven't been able to get any samples of insulin potentiators or cell volumisers, so I'll be posting up a full review with the video tonight.

27. Awesome log man! The different angles you chose to test this is so valuable to us!
  28. UKStrength

Awesome log man! The different angles you chose to test this is so valuable to us!
    No problem at all mate, cheers for the opportunity!
  29. UKStrength

Day 8

Apologies for the lack of an update yesterday guys (I hate to deprive you of your daily eye candy), I was at my Great Grandmother's 100th Birthday party So yesterday was certainly an OFF day (I had to do a 600mile round trip to London...).

Unfortunately my phone's decided to roll over and die, so no video up again Tomorrow it will be up without fail (I'll beg, borrow or steal a camera phone).

Anyways onto today's training!

Dosing Protocol for Perfect Carb: Intra and Postworkout.

Training: Shoulders and Traps

Barbell Clean and Press: (6-8 reps) 8,8,6,4 (65kg)
    Upright Rows: (8-12 reps) 8,8,8,8 (EZ + 40kg)
    Seated Incline Bench Lateral Raise: (8-12 reps) 9,9,7,7 (14kg DBs)
    Barbell Shrugs: (6-8 reps) 6,6,6,6 (140kg)
    Reverse DB Flies: (12-15 reps) 12,12,12,10 (14kg DBs)
    Haney Shrugs: (8-12 reps) 8,8,8,9 (100kg)
    Seated Neutral Press: (8-12 reps) 10,10,10,10 (20kg DBs)
    Lateral DB Holds: 50,45,45,45 (3.5kg DBs)

Thoughts on Training:

I decided to use the dosing protocol from the review of last session, since this seemed to produce the best results for me

I only did power cleans last session to ease myself back into the technique again, this week I was back to full cleans, love this exercise. I felt strong and explosive at every lift, I can't wait to start shifting some serious weight on this exercise.

Pumps were superb throughout training, even though the cleans were literally draining (quite high volume for this exercise) I blasted the rest of the session and finished strong. For some reason the pumps weren't as good post-training...not sure what to put this down to...

Shipment from the US is almost here! Time to combine the PURPLE WRAATH with the Perfect Carb!

Sweet Treat of The Day

30. UKStrength

Day 9 & 10

Training: Back

Deadlifts: (4-6 reps) 6,6,6,6 (140kg)
    Barbell Rows: (6-8 reps) 7,7,7,7 (70kg)
    1-arm DB Row: (8-12 reps) 12,12,11,10 (34kg DBs)
    Close Grip Pulldown: (8-12 reps) 12,12,11,11 (70kg)

Thoughts on Training:

Even after a very long and tiring day with not amazing eating, this session felt good today Every exercise I attacked with ferocity and managed some e****lent progression (reps and weight).

Pumps were full, but again the post workout pumps were a little 'deflated' although I can easily put that down to a lack of proper rest as my new job is gradually stealing hours from my evenings...

Sweet Treat of The Day

Apologies for the lack of update and video yesterday.

Just starting a new job at the moment (heading up nutrition at a childrens' weight management camp) and my phone is still not fixed. Poor excuse, but there's nothing else to video with in this house unfortunately.

Hope to have the video up next week with my thoughts on Perfect Carb with Purple Wraath and a final review

Similar Forum Threads

1. Sweet taste in mouth
    By oznerol in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-06-2010, 02:41 PM
  2. Log ~LG Sciences Perfect Carb~!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By Liftergym33 in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 06-24-2009, 08:51 AM
  3. LG Sciences Perfect Carb Promo!!!!!!!!
    By Liftergym33 in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-02-2009, 05:05 AM
  4. LG Sciences Perfect Carb
    By SwolenONE in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-25-2009, 08:19 PM