Alright so I'm already like two weeks into a vegetable soup of Controlled Labs products, but I really like their stuff and figured keeping a log with some thoughts might add a little extra motivation.
Supplements and some initial thoughts
I'll keep this short and sweet because, well, who really gives a crap about some long dissertation. As happens with CL products, I'm drinking enough water to dry out a small well.
1. White Flood: I have been taking WF directly before and partially into my workouts. Before hopping on the rest of my summer supplements, I used this for a week by itself to see what I'd notice.
Taste: My initial reaction was mild confusion because it tasted like goat urine. I was surprised because Green Mag was smackin good and this was not (I know, I know that's heretical because CL products always taste delicious). I do, however, enjoy the taste now, but it was rough the first two days. I'll chalk this up to the fact that I initially expected a flavor flav different than what I experienced. Whatever. 7/10
Experience: Good energy, good pump. On leg days I notice a little extra kick, a little more focus and that's always a great. My first few lifts with just WF, I experienced some mild tinglies, but I haven't used a pre-workout in foreever so that's normal. Worth the money as a standalone, but when coupled with , it's been absolutely fantastic. 7/10 by itself, 8-9/10 when used with GB.
2. Green Bulge: Pill form. Love it. Pop my five about 45 minutes before a workout and bam-o, energy/pump action. Today was a really swoll bicep workout. 8-9/10
3. : I can tell when I don't take OT. My knees get cranky and my back gets a little tight after squats/deads. I'm not saying this is some kind of miracle vitamin, but as far as the multi-vitamins I've taken it's easily the best. I got this back when they ran some real cheap-ass special for like 20 bucks so for the value this gets a solid 9/10.
4. : Because I don't feel like drinking 16 pounds of water a day, I'm cycling GG after 5-6 weeks of WF.
Taste: Tastes like salt. You either love it or you hate it. I throw it in, occasionally swish it around, maybe chew it, whatever, and then drown with water or WF. Listen, the crap works so you get over the taste quick. Still, 6/10. Find a way to make this taste/and or act like pop rocks and I'll spend like 50 bucks a can easy.
Experience: Pumps. Good ones 9/10. Not much else to say--it does what it says it should.
5. ON Whey: I'm too broke to buy Golden Gains or Finish or whatever protein Controlled Labs is rolling with so I went with ON.
Taste: Like watered down hot coco. Whatever, it's protein. 7/10
Experience: Nothing fancy. Satisfactory really. 8/10
Alright, that's the skinny on what I'm taking. I'm 6'2", 195 pounds and have been lifting for like 5-6 years. I kick for a collegiate footballl team, and I hate cardio. That about covers most of the bases. On to todays lift.
Went and kicked for 30 minutes. One-step 40 yarders for 10 minutes followed by 25 minutes of full motion. Grass was thick and the wind was in my face which is annoying as hell, but whatever.
Workout -- Legs/Bi's
360lbs (8 plates) + whatever the machine weighs; 2x8
450lbs (10 plates) 2x7
Did these really light and really low.
3x8 w/ 30 pound weight
Standing Cable Curls
3x8 25 lbs/side
Incline Curls plus grip clamps
The chinups were superset-ed with the Squats. Great quad and bicep pumps. My ass will properly hurt tomorrow, but it was a good day.