LAGear's Getting Shredded (Lean Fuel Extreme sponsored log)

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
First of all I want to thank IronMagLabs for the opportunity to test this product and provide my unbiased review. I will do my best to accurately describe my progress and provide all the information I would be looking for if I was researching this product.

Please feel free to chime in with any questions you have or suggestions for improving my results. I'm hoping people who are interested in this product will learn from my experience and I'm always trying to learn too.

Here is some info about the product from IML's website:

LEAN FUEL EXTREME™
Enhanced Thermogenic / Fat Burning Formula

Increases Energy
Increases Metabolism
Promotes Fat Loss
Lowers Cortisol Levels
Stimulates the Thyroid
Decreases Water Weight
Stabilizes Blood Sugar
Decreases Appetite

Lean Fuel Extreme™ is by far the most complete and advanced thermogenic formula on the market! Increases energy and metabolism without jitters. This product contains 13 powerful ingredients that will take you to the next level. Whether you are just trying to shed a few pounds, or get ripped for a bodybuilding competition, Lean Fuel Extreme™ can help you attain your goals faster. Burn the fat and preserve the muscle!

Relevant research articles - Lean Fuel Extreme&trade - Research Articles & Clinical Studies
I am 37yo, 5' 9" and weigh 165. I don't have a reliable way of measuring body fat. I have a scale that measures body fat and electronic calipers but I'm not confident in the accuracy of either one so we'll have to assess the efficacy of LFE by comparing pictures, my observations and how my pants fit.

I started taking LFE on 6/17 dosing at 2 caps ED. 6/17 was the start of week four of PCT from a five week h-drol cycle. If interested you can read up on my cycle and PCT at the link in my signature.

One of the benefits of doing this log now is that I've been logging for the last eight weeks so I've got a lot of pre-LFE data to use as a baseline.

6/17 is also the day I returned from a week-long vacation. While on vacation I did a pretty decent job of keeping my diet in check (thank you fitday.com) and did the best I could with the menial gym my hotel had. I don't feel like I've got to recover from the vacation and in fact feel like the time away was very beneficial.

My goal for LFE is of course to cut, but to do so with minimal loss of LBM.

My maintenance requirement is about 2,500 calories. I will be eating close to maintenance so that I can preserve LBM. My macros are very balanced; P,F,C will be 30-40% each on most days. I shoot for 40% protein but it doesn't always work out that way.

I've always lifted three days a week. However, during my cycle and PCT I was lifting 4-5 days a week and I think I pushed myself to the point of being mildly over trained. I am going to dial the lifting back down to three times a week and get my cardio back to normal. I had some mild knee soreness followed by back/sciatica pain for the last several weeks which hampered my cardio. I finally feel close to 100% so I'll be able to get cardio back on track which will help with the cut. I generally do HIIT runs when doing cardio. My lifting is based on New Rules of Lifting so my routines almost exclusively made up of compound movements with varied sets/reps each day.

I took before pictures the morning of Day 2 and will post them as soon as I get a chance, I'm still catching up from being on vacation. I plan to post progress pics about once every one or two weeks.

I can report that in the three days I've been taking LFE I have not noticed much of anything. But if I had noticed something so soon you'd have to chalk it up to placebo. I'm psychologically resistant to stimulants so even though I'm taking NO-Xplode (don't laugh) on lifting days and DTHC I've not noticed jitters, increased energy or other side effects from the stims in LFE.

I'm debating upping my dose to 3-4 caps ED. Not sure if I'll see better results with 2 caps ED on a longer cycle or with 3-4 caps ED and a shorter cycle. Anyone have input on this?

Day 1 was a travel day so I spent most of it on my butt and not doing much.

Day 2 was a lifting day. I did squats, tris, calves and abs. Plus running 11:00 and eliptical 18:00.

Day 3 was a lifting day. I did chest, back and abs. Plus Running 11:00 and eliptical 12:00.

Other relevant supplements I'm taking:
DTHC: ~5 more days
AI Life Support: ~4 more days
Formex: ~18 more days
AI PCS: ~18 more days
Lean Xtreme: ~18 more days
Creatine
NO-Xplode: 18 days or until I run out
CLA
EFA
Xtend BCAA
Whey protein
Casein protein

Here's to a successful log and cycle!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First in on this one. Looking forward to it LA

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Watching.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
I'm here dude! Good luck with the log and I hope you get the results you want!

caliphotog

Awards
I'm in. Hope this goes well! Looking forward to results.

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday was Day 4. It was an off day with no lifting or running.

For some reason I felt hungry all day yesterday. That's unusual for me because I do a pretty good job of spreading my food out through the day and yesterday was no exception. I guess that'll just happens sometimes, no need to over-analyze unless the hunger starts happening with regularity. No hunger issues yet today.

The hunger may explain why I went to a party last night and had a rare diet lapse. I probably went about 300 calories over maintenance. Not the end of the world but disappointing because I take pride in my self control but ate a lot of junk like jalapeno poppers and taquitos. Bleh!

Today is Father's Day so I'm going to have to be especially careful at dinner tonight since we're going to a restaurant. I'm going to try to get a run in before we head out.

If I'm not too tired when I get back home tonight I'll post the before pictures I took on Thursday.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
subbbbed brotha!

Pirate!

Pirate!

Awards
  • Established
Great detail! Looking forward to following this one...

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
Great detail! Looking forward to following this one...
Thanks bro.

Yesterday was Day 5. I got a light run in that was just under two miles. It wasn't long but it was the most intensely I've run since I tweaked my knee and then my back.

My goal is to get back to doing intervals. I think my back and knee can handle intervals but I didn't want to push it until I get a few steady runs under my belt.

No issues with hunger yesterday even though I didn't eat much before dinner because I was banking calories for our Father's Day outing. I'm not sure exactly where my diet landed but I think it was pretty close to maintenance.

My weight has been bouncing around rather erratically since I got back from my vacation which has nothing to do with LFE but everything to do with how much my diet and activity have changed since returning. So I'm going to wait a few more days until my weight stabilizes before I post any weight info. I'll post everything from Day 1 but until I get to some kind of equilibrium the data won't be a fair portrayal of how LFE is working.

I will get those pics posted as soon as I get a chance to pick the best ones out and resize them for AM.

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
Today is Day 7.

Yesterday I did 25 rep sets + 15:00 on the eliptical + 12:00 jog. Sweated my ass off.

I'm not lifting today but will do cardio if I have time for a session.

Starting today I'm upping my dose to 4 caps ED.

Weight is still bouncing around like crazy. I weigh myself first thing in the morning and use two scales to make sure that I'm not getting skewed results from a faulty scale.

The difference is probably water weight because my weight dips the morning after heavy workout or cardio days. I drink plenty and urinate all day long so there's not much I can do to drink my weight back up. This isn't all that unusual but lately the swings up and down are bigger than usual. Not sure if that's because of LFE but it might be.

Otherwise nothing new or noteworthy to report. I don't expect to feel any different with 4 caps vs 2 caps, as I mentioned previously I tend to be unaffected by stims so there shouldn't be any jitters, sleep problems, etc.

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
Today is Day 14 of my LFE log.

Diet and training have been fairly consistent throughout. Calories have averaged 2600 with slight day-to-day variation and I'm lifting three days a week. P/F/C are all between 30-40% of calories most days.

During my cycle and the portion of PCT prior to going on vacation I was eating about 2200 calories and lifting 4-5 days a week. My body was severly stressed. Since getting back from vacation and starting LFE I've raised my calories closer to maintenance and reduced lifting to 3 days per week and I feel much better.

Since my last update I lifted on Day 8, Day 10 and Day 13 and did HIIT cardio on the same days. Cardio has been on the eliptical. I've tried running twice and aborted both times because of knee soreness which I thought had healed. I'm going to avoid running for a couple of weeks to let my knee get better and will stick with the eliptical.

The back problems I had when I started this log are gone so I'm not holding back at all with the weights.

After starting LFE my weight had dipped to below 165 for the first time in two months but as of today I'm back up to 167.2. I was 167.4 when I started the cycle. According to my electronic calipers I was 6.3% BF on Day 3 and 6.7% BF on Day 10. But the increase could very easily be measurement error since we're talking about 0.4% difference which is minuscule. It could very easily have been the other way around. (EDIT: These calipers are just useful for monitoring progress, my BF isn't really that low.)

More telling are the changes in my body. These are changes between Day 3 and Day 10. All measurements made first thing in the morning.

Stomach -7/16"
Waist -5/8"
Hips -1/8"
Thigh +1/16"
Bicep - no change
Chest +3/8"
Weight +0.6lb
BF +0.4% (see above)

Changes to stomach and waist are rather dramatic for seven days, especially considering weight was up over that span. I have no explanation for this incongruity.

I'm going to upload pictures from Day 1 and Day 9 in my next post. Next set of pictures after that will most likely be taken on Day 17.

This is a chart of my daily weight from Day1 thorugh Day 14 (today):

Weight.JPG

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
great update LA, I like the use of the chart :)

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
Here are pictures taken on Day 1 of the cycle and Day 10 of the cycle.

Day 1 is first, followed by Day 10. There is not much difference to my eye. One change I have noticed is that before LFE the skin on my lower abs would start off tight in the morning and later in the day it would sag and look loose. Lately I'm not noticing this, the skin there seems to stay taut throughout the day.

AM Abs 58.jpg

AM Abs 66.jpg

AM Flex 58.jpg

AM Flex 66.jpg

AN Back 58.jpg

AM Back 66.jpg

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bro looking really lean! Whats after this a bulk?

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Looking lean LA! I see a good difference in the back shots! Great work so far!

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
I might just do the same PCT as you LA lol...but seriously

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
Bro looking really lean! Whats after this a bulk?
I don't know about doing a hardcore bulk. I've busted my ass for a solid year trying to cut while preserving LBM. The thought of going on a bulk and intentionally allowing myself to get flabby makes me cringe.

Not sure how effective of a bulk I can do (unless I start another cycle with something stronger than h-drol) without gaining fat. I've been in a calorie deficit (200-300 below maintenance) for most of the past year. I'm hoping if I bring the calories up to about maintenance I can slowly add muscle without adding any flab.

I know it seems counter-intuitive but I brought my calories up a bit when I started LFE. Even with maintenance level of calories I'm expecting to lean up a little bit more with LFE + lifting + HIIT. I'm eating the same calories everyday which puts me in a deficit on training days so it should work out.

I feel so much better and have a lot more energy in the gym just eating a few hundred calories more per day. I really fried my mind & body on the h-drol cycle I just finished. I went too hard and think I burned out by the end. I don't think I realized it at the time but I feel so much better now so it's obvious to me now.

Looking lean LA! I see a good difference in the back shots! Great work so far!
Thanks man! I'm doing my best to get great results for IML (and for myself of course).

We'll let the numbers and pictures tell the story at the end of the cycle.

I might just do the same PCT as you LA lol...but seriously
Are you being sarcastic?

My PCT was as thorough as I could make it. Some say it was overkill for a h-drol cycle but I say better safe than sorry.

IamSOFAking

IamSOFAking

Banned
Awards
not much love here?

excellent progress, this product seems to do the work. bigger arms, leaner waist.

your lower abs are getting flatter too.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well you could do a lean bulk :) unless your satisfied with where you are at

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
not much love here?

excellent progress, this product seems to do the work. bigger arms, leaner waist.

your lower abs are getting flatter too.
Thanks!

Well you could do a lean bulk :) unless your satisfied with where you are at
Lean bulk, is that a technical term? Is there a specific way to go about doing that? Lean bulk is what I'm hoping to do but it's easier said than done.

I'm never satisfied, I always want more muscle and less fat but it's hard to accomplish both at the same time. If there's a formula for accomplishing that I'm not aware of it so please point me in the right direction.

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday (Day 14) I did jump rope for 18:00 for my cardio. I was planning to do at least 20:00 but I aggravated my knee and stopped short of my goal.

Today was Day 15. I lifted, ran for 13:00 and did 10:00 on the eliptical. My run was really slow today, it was more of a test for my knee than true cardio. Fortunately, I didn't have any pain or discomfort but I'm going to keep running to a bare minimum and slowly work my way back up.

During today's lifting session there were times when I felt my energy and strength were a bit low. However, I was able to do more reps across the board than I did in the last week of my h-drol cycle and that's very encouraging! Feeling good!

Trying to bust my ass extra hard this week in case I end up somewhere with my shirt off or cave in to food/alcohol temptation 4th of July weekend.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
it seems the more I learn, the more I confuse myself :think:

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks!

Lean bulk, is that a technical term? Is there a specific way to go about doing that? Lean bulk is what I'm hoping to do but it's easier said than done.

I'm never satisfied, I always want more muscle and less fat but it's hard to accomplish both at the same time. If there's a formula for accomplishing that I'm not aware of it so please point me in the right direction.
it is much tougher to do and a slower process than straight up bulking but with a good diet its possible. You just wont grow as quick. I think I am going to do a 6 week bulk 2 week cut type deal from here on out where I can add some size yet maintain leanness.

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
it seems the more I learn, the more I confuse myself :think:
Oh man, do I know what you mean when it comes to PCT! My brain still hurts from all the research I did! lol

it is much tougher to do and a slower process than straight up bulking but with a good diet its possible. You just wont grow as quick. I think I am going to do a 6 week bulk 2 week cut type deal from here on out where I can add some size yet maintain leanness.
Yeah, that's what I've been doing for the last year. Religiously logging everything I eat with fitday.com (a real life saver), doing HIIT and busting my ass in the gym.

Curiosity got the best of me when doing the h-drol cycle I just completed. I thought it'd be a good shortcut but I didn't quite get the results I expected. I may step it up a notch and try something like 1-T over the winter but I'm very undecided about doing another cycle.

It's kinda funny, when I decided to do h-drol I was positive that would be the one and only time I'd do anything like that. Then somewhere in the middle of the cycle I was positive there would be future cycles -- as in multiple. But now that everything's back to normal and I'm feeling pretty good I don't know if I want to do it again. I'm not so sure that's my cup of tea but at least I got it out of my system now.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
HAHA, got bit by the bug huh?
fightingback-Ive heard about the 4 week bulk 2 week cut routine..

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HAHA, got bit by the bug huh?
fightingback-Ive heard about the 4 week bulk 2 week cut routine..
some people do 4, some 6. IMO 4 weeks just is not long enough.

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
Day 16 today.

Not doing anything but watching diet and playing softball today.

Will take new measurements and photos tomorrow and will post them as soon as I have time to edit and upload. And when I say "edit" I don't mean Photoshop, I just have to pick out the best ones and crop/resize them for AM.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd do 6 bulk, 4 cut...but Im an meso-endo morph so thats a no-no
A guy I look up to said that your body can pretty much go on a 2 week cut and not really notice it. Thats why I am sticking to two week cuts

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
A guy I look up to said that your body can pretty much go on a 2 week cut and not really notice it. Thats why I am sticking to two week cuts
this doesnt make any sense, if your body wont notice it then it will not change, right? :think:

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the delay in my updates. I've not been on AM for over a week due to life, but I will not allow that to happen again.

Please know that I've been keeping very accurate records of everything on a daily & weekly basis so even though I haven't posted updates I am able to catch you up in arrears. I'm going to catch you up with three posts. The first will have pictures and measurements from Day 17. The second will have pictures and measurements from Day 24. And the last will have some discussion of my progress through today which is Day 27.

These are changes from Day 3 to Day 17:
Stomach -1/8"
Waist -7/16"
Hips +1/8"
Thigh - no longer measuring due to inability to measure accurately
Bicep +1/8"
Chest - no change
Weight +1.0lb
BF +0.7%

While most measurements are down from Day 1 (good) they are up from Day 10 (bad).

Here are my pictures from Day 17:

AM Abs 73.jpg

AM Flex 73.jpg

AM Back 73.jpg

AM Bi 73.jpg

AM Curl 73.jpg

AM Side 73.jpg

Last edited:
LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
These are changes from Day 3 to Day 24:
Stomach - no change
Waist -3/8"
Hips +3/16"
Bicep -1/8"
Chest - forgot to measure
Weight +.8lb
BF - no change

These figures are not very encouraging. Not sure why I saw such dramatic & positive changes in body measurements back on Day 9 but they have not held up.

Here are my pictures from Day 24 (disregard the atrocious peeling due to sunburn):

AM Abs 80.jpg

AM Flex 80.jpg

AM Back 80.jpg

AM Flex 80.jpg

AM Side 80.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
Today is Day 27 which is officially the halfway point of my LFE cycle. This morning I took the last two caps of my first bottle and in the evening I took the first two caps of my second bottle.

Since starting LFE my weight has been erratically fluctuating between 164-169. It has gone up and down with little rhyme or reason except for one day where my weight dropped overnight from 168.6 to 164.6 after a night of drinking. Not crazy drinking but more than I've had in at least six months. That was back on Day 21. Today my weight inexplicably shot up to 170.0. This is especially weird because yesterday was my most intense cardio day since starting LFE -- I ran for 28+ minutes in 80+ degree heat. I expected a downward blip but instead my weight shot up 1.6lb to the highest level in 44 days; that was more than two weeks before I started LFE.

To this point my diet and training have been quite consistent. I've lifted three days a week and followed my lifting with 10-25 minutes of HIIT on the eliptical. This is in addition to about a six minute jog both before and after training. I've also done some sporadic cardio (jogging or jump rope) on off days.

On Day 22 I switched from a hypertrophy training emphasis to a fat loss emphasis (Hypertrophy II to Fat Loss I in The New Rules of Lifting). This means I'll be doing supersets with slightly higher reps (10 - 15 reps/set) with short rests between sets (45-75 seconds).

Here is a chart of my daily weight since starting LFE through today (Day 27). There is a gap a couple of days ago, this is because I was out of town and couldn't weigh myself. To ensure accuracy I use two scales and always weigh myself first thing in the morning, after peeing and before eating or drinking anything.

LFE Weight Graph Day 27.jpg

Feel free to share any thoughts about my progress or ask any questions you may have.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
great info but its hard to tell where the difference is, to me at least, but you look great!

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
great info but its hard to tell where the difference is, to me at least, but you look great!
Thanks. But yeah, hard to notice much difference from the photos or measurements.

I should point out that my weight normally fluctuates as it has while using LFE, this is not unusual or caused by LFE. Today my weight is back down to 167.2 so that 170.0 yesterday was really bizarre. If anything I would have expected the spike to happen a day earlier because on Saturday I was out of town and had a complete diet meltdown since I had little control over my diet. This meltdown included Dorritos, Cheetohs, Sun Chips, breakfast burrito and In-and-Out Burger. This wasn't by choice it was due to lack of choice. I tried to keep damage at a minimum and was happy that my weight wasn't out of whack on Sunday. I did extra cardio on Sunday and was pretty surprised to see my weight shoot up on Monday.

Also, people shouldn't read too much into the body measurements. Every reading has been within fractions of an inch. As hard as I try I can't guarantee that there isn't measurement error. I use one of these doodads to measure but it's frustratingly imperfect (although it's the best option for taking your own measurements) - Amazon.com: Used and New: MyoTape Body Tape Measure.

I take my measurements each week without looking at the previous measurements, just to avoid any subconscious bias or measurement error.

This might be most telling. In the last two weeks I've had two trainers at my gym tell me I was looking good or looking bigger. And I had a couple of friends ask if I've been "working out." This is notable because I've always worked out so it's a bit odd that people have been making these comments lately. Especially the trainers because they see me at the gym all the time so it'd be harder for them to notice slight changes.

I also have two pair of jeans that I bought online several months ago that were too small at the time. Since I've been cutting I kept them hoping that they would eventually fit. One pair now fits and is hanging in my closet and the other one almost fits. So there is progress.

I'm only halfway through the log and at this point can't give credit or blame to LFE. There are three weeks left. We'll see where things stand come August.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
as long as your making progress, thats good man, my weight has also been a lil crazy

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
DAY 29

Weight on Day 28 was down to 167 and today down to 166 so I don't know what the heck 170 was about. For better or worse I'm back down.

I didn't lift or do cardio on Day 28.

On Day 29 I lifted and determined that I'm going to hate Wednesdays on this new Fat Loss program I started last week. In addition to lifting I ran for 12:00 and did HIIT on the eliptical for 22:00.

This fat loss routine really gets my heart rate going. By the time I'm done lifting my shirt is drenched with sweat. Then I do at least 20 minutes of HIIT on the eliptical plus a light jog. Should work real well for the purposes of this log.

I met someone at a cafe tonight and she bought me ice cream before I got there. I had to respectfully turn it down to make sure diet stays on track! There are temptations almost everywhere but I must resist!

New pics and measurements will be taken on Day 31. I promise to get them posted along with an updated weight chart a lot faster this time.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad the weight is down. That 170 might have been an abberation.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
women will kill your physique! but keep that discipline

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
Glad the weight is down. That 170 might have been an abberation.
Day 30

Damn this is WEIRD.

I went from 170.0 on Monday (Day 27), which is the most I've weighed since I started LFE down to 164.4 today (Day 30), which is the lowest my weight has been since starting LFE.

I'm confused as all hell guys.

My diet has been pretty consistent throughout. I've been on a bit of a frozen yogurt "binge" lately trying out different yogurt joints that have opened up lately. But I only have one serving and I always get a small. I've been guessing at the calorie content but I doubt I'm off by over 100 calories in my Fitday log. If I'm actually eating 100 calories less than I think I am eating that would not result in this kind of weight loss.

As I mentioned, I've been sweating my ass off on lifting days with this new program but I drink a lot too so the weight loss might partially be due to water loss but six pounds in three days?

I'm at a loss to explain what the hell is going on. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next few days. I was going to try to squeeze a run in today but I'm afraid I'll get on the scale tomorrow and weigh 162.

women will kill your physique! but keep that discipline
Thanks man. Last weekend sucked, I was at the beach with a bunch of girls all day and kept my shirt on the whole time because my skin peeling from the sunburn didn't look so good (as you can tell from my last set of pictures). Totally sucked because many years ago I kept my shirt on because I was a self-conscious fat ass; so now I kind of look forward to the times when I can take my shirt off and not feel ashamed of the way I look.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man. Last weekend sucked, I was at the beach with a bunch of girls all day and kept my shirt on the whole time because my skin peeling from the sunburn didn't look so good (as you can tell from my last set of pictures). Totally sucked because many years ago I kept my shirt on because I was a self-conscious fat ass; so now I kind of look forward to the times when I can take my shirt off and not feel ashamed of the way I look.
all my girlfriends say all that matters is whats on the inside...
I say, 'yea, ME!!'
:147: :lol:

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
DAY 31

I ended up doing some cardio yesterday. Did a short 15 minute HIIT run but ran my intervals totally different. Normally when I run intervals I do 1:00/2:00 splits. On the eliptical sometimes I do 20s/10s splits. I thought that kind of split would be too intense for running but it was great. My overall pace was much faster than usual and I didn't feel burned out at the end like I thought I would. If I could do that for a full 5K I'd probably set a PR.

My weight this morning was back up to 166.0.

Today I did my normal Friday workout with a short 12:00 run; didn't have time to do any cardio on the eliptical today. Energy in the gym today was low today. I did mostly legs with only 60s rest between sets and I wasn't feeling it at all, I actually considered cutting my session short halfway through. Part of the reason for the low energy might be because I haven't been getting enough sleep lately.

I went to a scotch tasting event tonight but the tastings were very small. After we sampled each of the scotches it was "open bottle" where you could have as much as you want until it was all gone but I didn't drink any more. Hamburger dinner was included but I brought my own turkey breast to have grilled on the BBQ.

Took new measurements and pics today.

These are body changes from Day 3 to Day 31:
Stomach -1/4"
Waist -9/16"
Hips +1/8"
Bicep -3/16" (WTF?!?!?!?)
Chest +1/16"
Weight +1.4lb
BF +0.4% (questionable accuracy)

I don't know why my bicep measurement is down so much. I don't feel like there's that much measurement error and I don't feel like biceps strength is down.

Here is an updated chart showing my daily weight since starting LFE (there is a missing day when I was out of town), you can see where my weight shot through the roof on Day 27 and then quickly dropped to my lowest weight of the log:

Weight.JPG

Here are latest pics taken on Day 31 with same old poses and a couple of new ones. Still some ugly peeling from my sunburn but not as nasty as the last set of pics:

AM Abs 87.jpg

AM Flex 87.jpg

AM Back 87.jpg

AM Back2 87.jpg

AM Side 87.jpg

AM Bi 87.jpg

AM Curl 87.jpg

AM Thigh 87.jpg

AM Calf 87.jpg

I don't know if I look any leaner in these pictures but I feel like I'm a bit leaner right now. Not sure if that's fact or just in my head.

I think I should wait a little longer before my next set of photos. Not sure how productive weekly photos are. I'm thinking I'll do one more set of pics at 3/4 through and then a final set of pictures at the end of the log. Unless people think weekly photos are preferable. Seems like it's just KG and me lately.