The Journey Begins [Recoverpro & Maniac]

Santa89

Awards
I'm a 19 yr old who used to way a whomping 250lbs back my Freshman year of high school. Ending that year I knew I needed to lose weight, so I signed up for the gym and went all most of that summer entering Sophomore year. Got down a few 20lbs less. Throughout that year and entering my Junior year I got down to 180-185 area. More lean muscle that bulk (picture below)..since that I kept my work out a little less and got into football my last year of high school. Gained that weight back into muscle, so after the season I was weighing around 195. I also did MMA so that helped me with cardio. For some reason though I'm not as cut as I used to be or any where near it. I now weigh 205lbs (last I checked was 4 days ago) I don't really like it at all. I do have the strength in me, but I'd like to get back down to the 185 area and loose my body fat. I never had it tested out so I don't know my %.

(Never mind I cannot add the pictures)

I no longer do MMA because of the price and other issues. Last I ran 3 miles on the treadmill was 2 weeks ago and that was 1time for 3 days and then I biked 8miles on the 4th day. I still have the cardio, but the fat is a negative factor.

Ideal goal; Lose 10-15lbs and gain a good amount of that back in lean mass.

The supplements overall taken are;
Ultra vitaman (2 pills) - Before bed
Omega 3 Fish Oil 300mg - After meals 3x a day
Muscle Milk - 2Servings x 2 Every other day (ex. Monday, Wed, Fri)
RecoveryPro - Waiting in the mail (should be here later today but I'd already would of gone to the gym)
Maniac! - Same as RecoveryPro.

The day logs will begin as of well June 15th, 2009.
I have no desired date goal, but I will like to keep track till the end of August. I'll say September 15th so a good 3 months. Let's lock and load and see the progress. Once i hit the 50 posts I'll add the pictures.

June 15th 09

9:30A Breakfast 2 Eggs w/ 2servings muscle milk(water(preworkout)) , fish oil 1x300mg tablet

10:30-12:30 Gym 24min basketball 1v1 , 6min stair master @ lvl 10
Went on to do a full body workout, but I took it light as it's just the beginning.

1P Lunch 1/2 Banana w/2 servings muscle milk(water) & 3/4 cup corn flakes

5P Snack 2 Bars of Nature Valley Honey & Oat

8P Dinner 3 Steak tips, 5 slices of grilled chicken (not sure on the name, those used in chicken tacos? lol)

12:30 A1 Tablet of Ultra Vitamin w/ water

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Subbed, let us know how you the recovery pro tastes, and how much focus you get from Maniac, thanks.

Santa89

Awards
Ah, I appreciate it man! Thanks. :]

**Awaiting arrival for Recoverpro and Maniac - didn't come in today =[ **

Day 2 June 16th 2009

Stayed up last night talking on the phone, so I woke up a bit late today. None the less I stuck with the plan.

11A Breakfast 2 Eggs w/ 1 toast Oats & Barley bread - w/ nutra-slim tea (no sugar) & 1 cap fish oil 300mg

12:30-5P Landscaping work consisted of tree shrubs, wood, etc and moving bags. Good work out.

3:45P LunchTuna 3oz. (Healthy Selections by Chicken of the sea)

5P Snack 1 Apple

6-7:30P Gym - biceps, shoulders, back, and abs. w/ a 10min sauna trip

8P Hunger crave Snack 1 piece of boneless spare ribs

11P Dinner Pecan-crusted chicken salad from T.G.I. Friday's. 1 fish oil 300mg capsule taken after

Yeah, it was a busy day today so my times for meals got a bit stretched and same goes for my late dinner. Just got back not long ago and that's why I'm posting this. Tonight I will stay up again talking on the phone. -.- Man, girls! lol

I will take 1 Ultra Vitamin pill before bed or now and take a nap and wait till the lady calls.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sup man!. Your day 2 diet looks a little better than day 1. The more smaller frequent meals you eat the more you will keep your metaboism up. Think of it like putting wood on fire in a fire place. Too much wood will be bad, too little wood will make it go out but small amounts of wook frequently will keep it stoked :)

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Make sure you keep your protein up, around 200g minimum, prob 250-275 max. Your diet yesterday looks like 100g of protein maybe, only about 40g for breakfast and lunch. You should get 30-40 g of protein each meal, 5-6 times a day, spread as evenly as possible.
Do you know what your maintenance calories are? Do a search for BMI calculator, determine how many cals you need to maintain your body weight. Then start your plan at about 500 less than that. Divide that total by 5-6 to get how many cals per meal to shoot for. You can use fitday.com to track your food and calories. Just plug in what you ate, and it calculates calorie values and macros. Then you can plan a better meal plan and see what it totals out to be.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He will be fine around 200g protien.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Interesting diet, hope that those BCAA's taste as yummy as they look.

Santa89

Awards
So I have to work 6-1AM yay. I will be eating something at work. We'll see what I choose!

Day 3 June 17th 2009

8:30A 2 eggs - 1 fish oil 300mg capsule

8:45-10:30 30min basketball game (intense), 7 min stair master - chest,tri's, and biceps

10:45-12:30 Mowed my lawn and my neighbors. =[ Another good sweat

1:10P Lunch 1.5 oz tuna (Healthy Selections) and 1 300mg fish oil

5:30 Snack 2 Servings Muscle Milk w/ Skim Milk - 2 steak tips

9:00P Dinner Shrimp Key Lime w/ steamed broccoli - 1 fish oil 300mg capsule

12:15A 1/2 cup skim milk - 1 capsule Ultra Vitamin

2:30A 1 cup Chex Mix - I woke up like I always do around this time.

I appreciate the advice young, yeah I probably do, but I'm still getting used to the whole diet scene thing. Today was hard for me to get food, just ended up being a lot of running around and not enough intake. =[

I still need to go out to buy fruits and meals for myself. This is stuff I've come about within my house.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
You still need to work on getting better food. Until 530, you had about 300 calories and about 30-40 g of protein in what you listed. I realize you are working late and will be eating later, which is fine. Keep working on it and keep posting.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
If you have eggs and tuna at least at your house then eat more of it. If your parents are buying, then the faster you eat it, the more they buy, right? Eat 4 eggs and 2-3 egg whites. Eat at least the whole can of tuna at a sitting, a couple times a day.

Also, do you work at TGIF? You work late and your late meals are from there. I definitely wouldn't make that your largest meal of the day before bed. Just stick with grilled meat and veggies if that is the case.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Protein is going to be very important in ur quest to lose the weight and maintain and even gain lbm. Remember our bodies are compised of aminos and essential fats. Make sure u get thos in adequate amounts then vary ur carbs on activity level for the day. I suggest sipping the bcaas throughout the whole day!!! Start off easy with maniac and work the dose up to acess ur tolerance as some people are sensitive to stims even tho its 100mg per serving start slow

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think RecoverPro is being shipped to NP right now so you should have it soon Santa.

Santa89

Awards
Yeah the Recoverpro was going to take awhile now that I remember. It was mentioned on the NP site. Yeah, I buy the eggs. lol

I did try to eat earlier rather than later at work (yes I work at TGI) but my meal only consisted on 12 shrimp and broccoli. If I do have to work again that late, which will be tomorrow then I'll make my 5PM meal larger. I'll stop in at work and order a sirloin w/ veggies.

Young: Not 100% on this, is having to many eggs all the time bad for you? My mom mentioned that though I'm not sure.

Crazy: Will do once I get those supplements! I'll also stack up on more tuna.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Eggs aren't bad for you. They are full of protein and aminos. 3-4 whole eggs plus 2-3 egg whites are perfect. The bad stuff about it was because it has fat, which your body needs. When the low fat craze hit, eggs were at the top of the do not eat list.
If your family is genetically predisposed to have high cholesterol, then eat more whites than yolks, but 2-3 yolks a day won't hurt you.

Santa89

Awards
No they aren't. lol She wasn't sure about it, that's why I came and asked. She probably assumed they were because I said I was on a diet. I appreciate the information.

Will post my day later on tonight.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Telling your mom "I am on a diet" usually doesn't go over too well. Just tell her you are learning about getting proper nutrition to become healthier. It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change.

Also, if your mom doesn't understand your desire to change yourself physically, it's not a good idea to prepare your own special food and eat it at the huge thanksgiving dinner she prepared and tell her you can't eat it. Ask me how I know.

Santa89

Awards
Oh she does understand. Usually when I do them she knows I stick with them. She knows how far I've come since my freshman year. I just wish the post requirement wasn't at 50! lol So far I've kept my stomach satisfied.

I actually got the chance to go to the market and buy myself some food.

Santa89

Awards
Day 4 June 18th 2009

8:00A Breakfast 1 Cup Shake w/ blueberries, banana, and strawberries - Rolling Oats Oatmeal, 1 Oat & Barley Bread w/ 1 300mg fish oil capsule

10-10:30A Abs and push ups (I kept it light today)

11:30A Lunch Healthy Choice Beef Pot Roast 15oz - 1 300mg fish oil capsule

1:00P Snack 1 Apple

6:30P Snack 25 seedless grapes

10:30P Dinner Bowl of Spaghetti - 1 300mg fish oil

12:45A 1 cup skim milk

*Awaiting supplements Recoverpro and Maniac*

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
NEED MORE PROTEIN! The supplements you are waiting on won't help you as much as getting better food. You are on the right track, as far as trying to eat on a schedule, you just need protein every meal.

Prepackaged and frozen dinners aren't the greatest because they have tons of sodium and preservatives. They will do for now, just work on getting better food. Buy fresh meat first, eggs, then bulk frozen meat, low sodium deli meat as far as quality of foods go. Even the grilled meats at TGIF aren't the greatest, unless it is not frozen.

Go to fitday.com if you haven't already, it's free. Plug in everything you ate today, and look at what the total calories, fat, protein and carbs are. You should be eating more protein than carbs to reach your goal, not more carbs than protein. Not hammering you, I just don't want you to think you are doing ok, if you don't realize that your diet needs more work. The sooner you get that part right, the sooner you hit your goal.

Santa89

Awards
Yeah I wasn't sure I was looking at the nutrition facts all day. lol I did see the high sodium in the soups.

We do have frozen meats down stairs. My mother buys a 6 month supply of it, so I'll start using those.Yeah I rather be corrected and not led on my own thinking what I'm doing in correct. Thanks man! :]

I never really ate the meats at TGIF. I'll probably just bring some. What's best for the protein foods? Peanut butter, meats, chicken?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just try to do this throughout the day...Try to get more protein then any other macro in any of your meals. Start out doing that if you find it hard to get enough protein.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Eggs, chicken, lean beef, lean pork chops, tuna, turkey, salmon, tilapia. Whey powder.

And the meat at TGIF isn't terrible, it's just that was the only real meat/protein you were eating all day. And if you normally wake up int the middle of the night, then mix 1 scoop muscle milk or whatever with water and keep on side table. Drink that instead of chex mix in the middle of the night, or don't consume anything which would be better since you are trying to lean up

Santa89

Awards
Thanks for the information. I just looked up on more about the best proteins and the listings for the top 10. I'll start busting out the chicken and eggs tomorrow. :]

Would a yogurt (Activia) be bad before bed? 5G protein
Also my spaghetti had beef in it too.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Milk or Cottage cheese is preferred before bed.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
When you go to the store, look at the labels on the "healthy" yogurt. They might be fat free, but have a ton of sugar in them. The carbs are what to watch for in your situation.
Cottage cheese is good with some jello powder. Dump CC in a bowl and add jello poder and mix. It tastes like what ever flavor you use.

If you have a Kroger supermarket where you live, they sell a Kroger brand "carbmaster" yogurt that has 80 cals, 1.5g fat, 4 carbs, and 12 g protein.

From 5-6 pm on, try to limit your carbs to green veggies. Get you starchy carbs in before lunch or early afternoon, then green veggies at meals after that.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have used cool ade to flavor my CC before too. Tastes kinda funky lol but it was much tolderable then regular CC.

Santa89

Awards
Day 5 June 19th 2009

9:00A Breakfast 3 eggs - 1 cups w/banana and Florida's Natural O.J. - 1 300mg Fish Oil Capsule

11A-12:30P 2 scoops Muscle Milk, Bowl of Spaghetti, 1 300mg fish oil Capsule

4:45P Snack 1 Apple

10:15P Dinner 10oz Sirloin w/ 1 cup of broccoli - 1 300mg Fish Oil Capsule

3:50A 1 Scoop Muscle Milk w/ 1 Ultra Vitamin pill

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 5 June 19th 2009

9:00A Breakfast 3 eggs - 1 cups w/banana and Florida's Natural O.J. - 1 300mg Fish Oil Capsule

11A-12:30P 2 scoops Muscle Milk, Bowl of Spaghetti, 1 300mg fish oil Capsule

4:45P Snack 1 Apple

10:15P Dinner 10oz Sirloin w/ 1 cup of broccoli - 1 300mg Fish Oil Capsule

3:50A 1 Scoop Muscle Milk w/ 1 Ultra Vitamin pill

Damn bro I could not go 5.5 hours between a meal.:)

Santa89

Awards
Surprisingly Pembroke I wasn't really that hungry! By the time Dinner came I was feeling the crave and it worked out perfect. It's very hard for us to get breaks since we're told when to take them.

Well good news, I got my supplements in today! Hoorah! Also got my sweat belt yesterday. Too bad I already came back from the gym so I have to wait till tomorrow to take the supplements. :p (No break day for me. I have to lose the weight)

When it says to take one additional scoop per day on workout days, what time should I take it after my workout?

Santa89

Awards
Hm how much water should I mix with 2 scoops on my non-workout days? 32oz? And how much should I mix 3 scoops with water? Oh man I wasn't sure there was a scooper in the Recover Pro, but I sure found it with some digging around. It sure it small. lol

Day 6 June 20th 2009

12P Breakfast 3 Eggs w/ 1 cup Florida's Natural O.J - 1 300mg Fish Oil capsule
12:45P 1 Cup of Mamey fruit w/ 2% milk, evaporate milk & equal sugar
1-2:15P Abs, Lower back, and back work out
2:40P Lunch 1 bowl of Spaghetti, 1 scoop of Muscle Milk, 1 300mg Fish Oil Capsule
4:45P Snack 1 bowl of lettuce & tomatoes w/ 1.5oz Tuna, and 1/2 teaspoon lemon for flavor
11:30 Dinner Garlic Herb Chicken w/ potato pieces and broccoli - 1 300mg Fish Oil
3:30A Bowl of grapes

Well it's a non-workout day for me and I mixed 2 scoops with 24oz of water. The taste wasn't that great at the much water. I'll try 20oz next time. With the 24oz and 2 scoops the it left a little residue flakes on top and no lemon taste for me here. If this is happening I must be mixing it with the wrong amount of water for the 2 scoops.

KmuL

KmuL

Awards
  • Established
Hm how much water should I mix with 2 scoops on my non-workout days? 32oz? And how much should I mix 3 scoops with water? Oh man I wasn't sure there was a scooper in the Recover Pro, but I sure found it with some digging around. It sure it small. lol

Day 6 June 20th 2009

12P Breakfast 3 Eggs w/ 1 cup Florida's Natural O.J - 1 300mg Fish Oil capsule
12:45P 1 Cup of Mamey fruit w/ 2% milk, evaporate milk & equal sugar
1-2:15P Abs, Lower back, and back work out
2:40P Lunch 1 bowl of Spaghetti, 1 scoop of Muscle Milk, 1 300mg Fish Oil Capsule
4:45P Snack 1 bowl of lettuce & tomatoes w/ 1.5oz Tuna, and 1/2 teaspoon lemon for flavor
11:30 Dinner Garlic Herb Chicken w/ potato pieces and broccoli - 1 300mg Fish Oil
3:30A Bowl of grapes

Well it's a non-workout day for me and I mixed 2 scoops with 24oz of water. The taste wasn't that great at the much water. I'll try 20oz next time. With the 24oz and 2 scoops the it left a little residue flakes on top and no lemon taste for me here. If this is happening I must be mixing it with the wrong amount of water for the 2 scoops.
the amount of water doesn't matter too much....just whatever fits your taste buds. I find that I am sensitive to sweet flavor during my workout, so I dillute it more :)

Off days I will use less water.

Did you try my freezer trick on the label??

Just shake 5 or 6 times and throw it in the freezer for 5-15 minutes, then shake again....dissolves completely!

cheers!

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
I too am interested in seeing if you are using the freezer method for RecoveryPro.

Santa89

Awards
I'll try that freezer method! I used 16oz water today with 2 scoops, and it still was dilluted for my liking. I'll try less water like 12oz. for 2 scoops and then 16oz for 3 scoops. We'll see later.

Day 7 June 21st 2009

10-10:15A 2 Scoops Recover Pro w/ 24oz water

10:20A Breakfast Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal 45g packet w/ 1 300mg Fish Oil

11:50A Snack Activia Yogurt by Dannon

2:45P Snack 1 Apple

8:15P Snack 1 Chocolate Chip Granola Bar by Quaker

9:10P Treat 13 M&M Mini's

10:20P 3 Bread sticks w/ marinara sauce

10:50P Dinner Parmesan Crusted Chicken w/ pico de gallo - 1 300mg Fish Oil, 2 scoops Recover Pro w/ 16oz water.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll try that freezer method! I used 16oz water today with 2 scoops, and it still was dilluted for my liking. I'll try less water like 12oz. for 2 scoops and then 16oz for 3 scoops. We'll see later.

Day 7 June 21st 2009

10:50P Dinner Parmesan Crusted Chicken w/ pico de gallo - 1 300mg Fish Oil, 2 scoops Recover Pro w/ 16oz water.
Please let us know how the freezer method works out.:)

Santa89

Awards
Oh that reminds me, it sure does work! It dissolved the remaining residue, though I used 3 scoops with 16oz water and my taste buds sure don't like it. I'm trying to find the right amount of water for it so I can drink it with a smile. I drank it down either way at the gym, it was better than the 2 scoops in 16oz water. I'll try 12oz tomorrow with 3 scoops.

**FREEZER METHOD WORKS**

I'll probably mix the remaining 1 scoop today is 5oz of water and see how that goes.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established

Day 7 June 21st 2009

Protein???:dunno:

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yea man ya gotta clean up that diet a lot. Protein should be higher may not even be enough calories either.

KmuL

KmuL

Awards
  • Established

Day 7 June 21st 2009

from now on I would like you to track your calories.....this site has one, but I personally use this:

www.thedailyplate.com

not bashing this site's one, but I have always used this one and swear by it...have yet to try the one here.

You want to aim for 30-40% of your calories to come from protein and the diagrams on that site will help you achieve just that....it also has info on pretty much any product you put into it and gives advice according to your goal.....do yourself a favor and don't use their workout tracker there though.

Santa89

Awards
Yeah I understand, but Sunday was my day off. So I thought I'd eat a bit more than usual. I thought that was allowed. lol

Yeah I usually don't add up all my calories for the day either. =[ So if I were supposed to eat 2,000 calories a day, the deficit would be at 1,000 right? I would need to burn off 1,000 calories correct?

Judge today's meal for me guys.

Day 8 June 22nd 2009

8:05A 2 Scoops of Maniac w/ 8oz. water. Good taste overall. I'll add 2oz more tomorrow to make it a bit less tard?

8:40-9:30A Chest, and abs. (I'm going to start working 1 muscle group a day)

10:00A - Dannon Light & Fit Smoothie

10:50A 1 Scoop of Muscle Milk w/ 6oz Skim Milk

1:45P 1 Can - Chicken of the Sea tuna

2:30P 1 Slice watermelon

9:30P Dinner 4 potato slices, 4 steak tips, 3 pieces of oven roasted chicken, w/ 5oz Recover Pro and 1 300mg Fish Oil Capsule

Before bed, should I take another scoop of muscle milk or just a cup of warm skim milk?

Santa89

Awards
Interesting..

Cals Fat Cholest Sodium Carbs Sugars Fiber Protein
281 22g 160mg 877mg 45g 16g 3g 69g

Without the exercise it was at a almost 700 calorie range today.
It said to lose 2.5lbs a week I need to absorb 2,255 calories a day. lol

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Interesting..

Cals Fat Cholest Sodium Carbs Sugars Fiber Protein
281 22g 160mg 877mg 45g 16g 3g 69g

Without the exercise it was at a almost 700 calorie range today.
It said to lose 2.5lbs a week I need to absorb 2,255 calories a day. lol
Now you see what we have been saying. It just takes the time to put it down on paper to really get a good picture. you should try to get 1-1.5 g of protein per pound of bodyweight to start with, multiply that by 4 to get amount of calories from protein, then subtract that from your calorie total. Then divide the rest of those calories into the other macros accordingly.

Santa89

Awards
Well I did, 1.5 * 205(weight) = 307.5 * 4 = 1,230 should be protein calories?