Volcom's T-911 Log: Two Kings and a Dictator.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Physical morphology since 2008.

- Cut from 210lbs down to 195lbs.
- Hypertrophied from 195lbs up to 215lbs.
- Dirty Bulked from 215lbs up to 230lbs.
- Cut from 230lbs down to 186lbs.
- Currently sitting at 190lbs +(-) 2-3lbs.

I need to learn how to lift naked again.
By naked, I mean no belts and no wraps. For years, I relied too heavily on my weight belt and wraps. I got my dead lifts to the 500+ range, but one day, while I was dead lifting with some of my football athletes, I attempted 455lbs, which shouldn't have been that difficult, I could normally hit 455 for 6-10 reps (depending), but at this particular moment, I could not budge the weight to save my life, as I did not have my belt or wraps. I realized my natural core and grip strength was far, far behind the ability of my working muscles, which have grown far too reliant on belts and wraps assistants.

Furthermore, I haven't DL'd or done squats in about 2 years, as a result of a slip disc injury. Therefore, I'm re-starting from the bottom, in trying to slowly rebuild core strength and lumbar stability. Bottom line, my squats and deads are currently, quite pathetic.

Lifting Scheme
I've always inclined toward bodybuilding, meaning, hypertrophy was my prime concern, not strength. However, I'm in a particularly busy season of my life where the frequency of muscle stimulation required for maximal hypertrophy is not an option. I normally lift around 5-6 times a week and I'm currently forced to bring that number down 3 times, maybe 4 times. A very Dorian'esque lifting/resting scheduling.

Therefore, in conjunction with my previously stated desire to re-establish some grassroots, naked lifting, I've decided on a lifting scheme meant primarily for:

- Core strength
- General Strength and muscular upkeep
- Metabolic revving.
- General Testosterone Release Party.

I intend on performing a very limited amount of exercises in terms of variety, but major and incredibly compound in nature. I simply want to stimulate as much muscle as I possibly can in one setting, maximize my time and establish some RAW strength.

Two Kings and a Dictator.
I realize that the three kings are traditionally recognized as Squats, Deads and Flat Bench, but I have an acclamation toward Incline Bench (and a personal opinion toward incline bench being more effective then flat), therefore, the dictator and not the third king.

Single Session Workouts.

- Squats
- Dead Lift
- Incline Bench
- Standing Military

I'm not sure what to expect, but here goes.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What assistance lifts will you be doing, particularly core training.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 1

I have to start off light and make sure my core and questionable lumbar stability have some time to match the ability of my working muscles. My core is lame at this moment and the shock of compounding these compound lifts will be drastic in toward the beginning. Meaning, pooping out pre-maturely :684:

All Free Weight, No Wraps, No Belts.
This will take getting used to....

Squats (ATG)
135lbs x 10 reps
155lbs x 8 reps
175lbs x 6 reps
135lbs x 10 reps

Dead Lifts
135lbs x 10 reps
155lbs x 8 reps
175lbs x 6 reps
135lbs x 10 reps

Incline Bench
135lbs x 10 reps
185lbs x 8 reps
195lbs x 6 reps
135lbs x 10 reps

Is my incline bench really, currently stronger then my squat & deads? Yes, genuinely, and that goes to speak about how far behind my RAW core is.

Standing Military Press
90lbs x 10 reps
100lbs x 8 reps
110lbs x 6 reps
90lbs x 10 reps

I tell you what. My body felt pumped all around and this is a damn tiring workout.

The squats and deads don't feel heavy to my muscles. It's the lack of familiarity with the stabilization that's making things difficult. I could probably barbell hack squat double what I can squat now, but I want the firing of my stabilizers and the stressing of my core. Trust me, I look like a big guy with a little squat and it does feel lame, but I can't be worried about numbers right now. I realize I'm re-starting and re-establishing from the ground up.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What assistance lifts will you be doing, particularly core training.
I'm hitting all of those lifts in a single session, squats, deads, incline, standing military (others if I have left over energy; perhaps much less compound but still with some gain in axial loading, ie. BB Shrugs to stimulate Wolf's Law). At least for the time being, their compounded effect will be all I have in mind for core taxation.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
First :) Good luck
Thanks. I'm really doing this as a personal journal, not my usual hoopla. I quasi started to log my own sessions in Irish's logs, so I decided, what the hay. I might as well start one of my own.

Not that I thought IC minded.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm hitting all of those lifts in a single session, squats, deads, incline, standing military (others if I have left over energy). Perhaps much less compound but some gain in axial loading (BB Shrugs to stimulate Wolf's Law). At least for the time being, their compounded effect will be all I have in mind for core taxation.
I'd really focus on the hypers/reverse hypers at the end of a session and mix in front squats from time to time. I have a cranky lumbar as well and, for some reason, front squats don't irritate my back like back squats. It doesn't make any sense, but it helps my to focus on the quads while I alternate between those and DL/SLDL.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd really focus on the hypers/reverse hypers at the end of a session and mix in front squats from time to time. I have a cranky lumbar as well and, for some reason, front squats don't irritate my back like back squats. It doesn't make any sense, but it helps my to focus on the quads while I alternate between those and DL/SLDL.
Okay, I'll try that out. My only premise is that my main lifts be as compound as all get out, which front squats still are.

Hypers/revers hypers at the end seem like a good idea. By the time I finished the standing militaries, I was pretty wiped, but hypers/reverse hypers are reasonable and they coincide well with my general goals.

I'll most likely switch to flat on occasion as well or perform both flat and incline. I have tendency to get carried away once I get started.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, I'll try that out. My only premise is that my main lifts be as compound as all get out, which front squats still are.

Hypers/revers hypers at the end seem like a good idea. By the time I finished the standing militaries, I was pretty wiped, but hypers/reverse hypers are reasonable and they coincide well with my general goals.

I'll most likely switch to flat on occasion as well or perform both flat and incline. I have tendency to get carried away once I get started.
I agree on sticking with mainly compound lifts with great technique. Don't forget to keep the hams/glutes/hips nice and loose so the lumbar doesn't start to tighten up.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree on sticking with mainly compound lifts with great technique. Don't forget to keep the hams/glutes/hips nice and loose so the lumbar doesn't start to tighten up.
I know. Stabilizing weight on my back without my belt still feels awkward and I can feel my sciatica act up in the first set or so of my [light] deads, but that keeps me well aware of keeping my form especially tight.

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
Thanks! So good to be back.

Good luck, and keep your back safe. I found my back injury felt much safer without a belt, as there was no chance to relax my core at any point during the lift. I do have to go lighter and supplement with leg presses when it's feeling touchy, though. I'm back to square one with a fairly bad disk aggravation that occurred about 4-5 months ago. Can't even run right now, so I'm thankful to Precor for inventing the elliptical trainer hah!

I wrote up a quick comeback post on my old supp log, and will most likely be logging my cut (going somewhat hardcore with supplementation this time, and my diet is slowly getting dialed in. I do not want to spend this summer with a shirt on, lol)
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/101951-sokvichets-supplement-training-5.html#post1995510

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks. I'm really doing this as a personal journal, not my usual hoopla. I quasi started to log my own sessions in Irish's logs, so I decided, what the hay. I might as well start one of my own.

Not that I thought IC minded.
Not at all!

This looks interesting! I'd love to just do a routine involving these lifts a couple times a week. Maybe some Cleans and stuff thrown in. I actually think it will give you some great results. I may try it down the road...A couple months or so.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not at all!

This looks interesting! I'd love to just do a routine involving these lifts a couple times a week. Maybe some Cleans and stuff thrown in. I actually think it will give you some great results. I may try it down the road...A couple months or so.
Yeah, I'm not quite sure what to expect. I usually have a good idea on what to expect with attacking the same muscle group with 4, even 6 separate exercises, but I've never done a total body, compound consistently. The T-911 will be a nice added bonus to the inherent test releasing environment of these compound lifts.

MATTYO1977

Awards
  • Established
I'm in as well. Should be cool to see what happens with this compound program.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 3

The testosterone was definitely kicking in today. Whenever I get on test boosting supps, there always comes a point where I find myself having psychotically violent fantasies about some guy at the gym looking at me funny (and 99% of the time its unfounded). That's when I know my junk is kicking in, because I'm normally extremely mellow and pretty apathetic about the environment around me at the gym (it's usually me, my head phones, don't look at me and try not talking to me too much, I'm lifting.)

Again, the purpose of this log is to build up my core strength. My routine is not traditionally bodybuilding style and it's not the most efficient routine for hypertrophic purposes. However, it's new for my body and it's the best thing I can do for my current life schedule.

No Wraps, No Belts

Core Lifts

Squats (ATG)
135lbs x 10 reps
185lbs x 6 reps
185lbs x 5 reps
135lbs x 8 reps

Dead Lifts
135lbs x 10 reps
185lbs x 8 reps
205lbs x 6 reps
205lbs x 5 reps
135lbs x 8 reps

Incline Bench (BTC; Bar to Clavicle).
135lbs x 10 reps
185lbs x 10 reps
195lbs x 8 reps
205lbs x 7 reps
215lbs x 6 reps

Flat Bench
135lbs x 10 reps
185lbs x 8 reps
185lbs x 8 reps
205lbs x 6 reps

I felt slightly hypo throughout my flat bench and kind of nauseous, but I think that's natural. My body isn't used to compound, compound, compound. In a normal routine, I usually start off with some compound free weights, then move to machines or hammers, or something more isolated. All this is still a bit of a shock to my body and it's much more exhaustive then I'm used to.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
damn. this is awesome.

taking out belt and versa grips were the best thing for me as well. now, hitting 315 naked is no problem on deads. 365 i put the belt on tho.

one arm deads (suitcase deads i think they are called) have helped my grip and core immensely. also makes for painful sitting the next day.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
damn. this is awesome.

taking out belt and versa grips were the best thing for me as well. now, hitting 315 naked is no problem on deads. 365 i put the belt on tho.

one arm deads (suitcase deads i think they are called) have helped my grip and core immensely. also makes for painful sitting the next day.
Suit case deads? Do you grip the center of the bar and perform a normal dead lift? Or do you use a Db?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
damn. this is awesome.

Did you say you have a log running right now? I think I went looking for it but didn't find it. Also, I've got a ways before I can trust my lumber with 300+lbs.
I still feeling my sciatica acting up with 135lbs. Nice job, though!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It takes a lot of discipline to be able to set aside your pride and do what you know your body needs, rather than sticking with the belt and pandering to your ego.

Much respect, Sam!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It takes a lot of discipline to be able to set aside your pride and do what you know your body needs, rather than sticking with the belt and pandering to your ego.

Much respect, Sam!
Thanks, Garth. It is a bit off-putting ending my deads lighter then what I previously considered warm up weight, but all in due time. Thanks, though :wave2:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just did some TUT training today (wow, that's a lot of "T's") on my legs and it was humbling. I was only getting 270x5 on the leg press and 75x5 on leg curls. By that fifth rep my legs were screaaaaming with lactic acid buildup.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just did some TUT training today (wow, that's a lot of "T's") on my legs and it was humbling. I was only getting 270x5 on the leg press and 75x5 on leg curls. By that fifth rep my legs were screaaaaming with lactic acid buildup.
Hmmm... Really... I'm not much liking the "sets for time" that I've been doing for legs, I might give this a try. We'll see.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmmm... Really... I'm not much liking the "sets for time" that I've been doing for legs, I might give this a try. We'll see.
What exactly have you been doing?...I'll be doing this routine for my entire body this week and next.

Seriously bro, it's killer. Keep tension on the muscle the entire time. Say you're doing Barbell Curls; don't come to the very top or the very bottom...make sure their is tension on the muscle the entire time. Positive for a 4 count, hold for 2, and negative for a 4 count. Do each rep back to back without ANY pausing.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What exactly have you been doing?...I'll be doing this routine for my entire body this week and next.

Seriously bro, it's killer. Keep tension on the muscle the entire time. Say you're doing Barbell Curls; don't come to the very top or the very bottom...make sure their is tension on the muscle the entire time. Positive for a 4 count, hold for 2, and negative for a 4 count. Do each rep back to back without ANY pausing.
Well, just for my legs, so as to keep any substantial pressure off my hip, I've been doing one giant set of leg presses with 160lb. I've worked my way up to 5min and 30sec continuously doing reps. I follow this with several sets of leg extensions for 30rps. It's hell while you are doing it, but 1/2hr later, you'd never know you worked your legs. :(

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, just for my legs, so as to keep any substantial pressure off my hip, I've been doing one giant set of leg presses with 160lb. I've worked my way up to 5min and 30sec continuously doing reps. I follow this with several sets of leg extensions for 30rps. It's hell while you are doing it, but 1/2hr later, you'd never know you worked your legs. :(
Today I did 4 sets of Leg Press @ 270x4-6 (4-2-4 count) with 30 sec rests in between sets + Leg Curls @ 70-75lbsx4-6 for 3 sets.

Try to go slow and controlled. Focus on the squeeze and the movement and the form. Focus your mind on the muscle. Flex in between sets.

I don't know, man. I feel great. I think I will see some improvement over the next couple of weeks, and I hope my back heals in the process.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Did you say you have a log running right now? I think I went looking for it but didn't find it. Also, I've got a ways before I can trust my lumber with 300+lbs.
I still feeling my sciatica acting up with 135lbs. Nice job, though!
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/125683-ultimate-diet-2-a.html

and the suit case deads are with a db. although, i have experimented using a ez curl bar, gripping the center. much much harder simply because of the need to balance the bar. almost to the point of being annoying. i just wish i had access to heavier dbs. 24 only has up to 125.

i may be switching to kings gym this summer, and i have heard they have some heavier dbs. if not, i know there is a demand for them reading over their blog.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/125683-ultimate-diet-2-a.html

and the suit case deads are with a db. although, i have experimented using a ez curl bar, gripping the center. much much harder simply because of the need to balance the bar. almost to the point of being annoying. i just wish i had access to heavier dbs. 24 only has up to 125.

i may be switching to kings gym this summer, and i have heard they have some heavier dbs. if not, i know there is a demand for them reading over their blog.
I'd really like to pick up a heavy set of kettlebells. I want to start doing some beach workouts early in the morning.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Subbed my friend, btw i love dumbell deads too, great for lat and shoulder stability aswell as back power and size, great log, sorry im late but im in now.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
I'd really like to pick up a heavy set of kettlebells. I want to start doing some beach workouts early in the morning.
craigslist. definitely. or estate/garage sales. if you go retail, like elite fitness store, you will pay a GRIP. unless you have a source for retail stuff. and in that case, hook me up too :wave2:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed my friend, btw i love dumbell deads too, great for lat and shoulder stability aswell as back power and size, great log, sorry im late but im in now.
You're still early Russian :wave2:

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Sup buddy ;). Looking pretty jacked there bud. Count me in for dropping by and following along. :)

Cheers!:cheers:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck Sam! Routine looks killer man! I gotta try me some suitcase deads!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for dropping in all! :wave2:

To my pleasant surprise, I actually got some DOMS in my chest, that wasn't expected off performing only Incline and Flat, but I guess it's my lucky day.

More likely then not, on some of my "off" days, where I simply can't keep myself out of the gym and my schedule actually permits me the free time, I'll probably jump in their for some regular bodybuilding, but those days will be ambiguous. My main objective is still primarily the compound lifts.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Your routine looks similar to mine Sam, kill yourself properly 3x a week. It takes lot of time to realize less is better, not just weight-wise but volume-wise as well :)

I reckon these are a good core workout :eek:
YouTube - One Arm Barbell Snatch- 135x3

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Less is better is quite the foreign concept to me, but considering that's an option of force at the moment, I'll see what kind of fruit I reap from it.

I'm currently 195lbs, which kind of messes with my head. Historically, I'm a fast gainer (of weight, not necessarily muscle), so whenever I move up in scale, I have an initial worry that it's adipose. I suppose I'll see by Friday if it's just water weight.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Less is better is quite the foreign concept to me, but considering that's an option of force at the moment, I'll see what kind of fruit I reap from it.

I'm currently 195lbs, which kind of messes with my head. Historically, I'm a fast gainer (of weight, not necessarily muscle), so whenever I move up in scale, I have an initial worry that it's adipose. I suppose I'll see by Friday if it's just water weight.
It sounds like our entire clique is struggling with something in one way or another. For me it's my back, for you it's your core, for Resolve it's his hip, for Met...Met what are you dealing with these days? ...Dragonfly, well, getting used to not training 5x/day...

I know what you mean about jumping up on the scale. I have that problem ever since I cut my weight a bunch. Whenever I see an increase on the scale and my strength is about par, I start to worry.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My hips and scap are fukced up :(...Im workin hard to fix em tho

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It sounds like our entire clique is struggling with something in one way or another. For me it's my back, for you it's your core, for Resolve it's his hip, for Met...Met what are you dealing with these days? ...Dragonfly, well, getting used to not training 5x/day...

I know what you mean about jumping up on the scale. I have that problem ever since I cut my weight a bunch. Whenever I see an increase on the scale and my strength is about par, I start to worry.
My hips and scap are fukced up :(...Im workin hard to fix em tho
Aren't we all shining examples of fitness and health? Train hard, all you newbs reading this, and someday you too might earn yourself a similar injury for all your efforts! :D

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Aren't we all shining examples of fitness and health? Train hard, all you newbs reading this, and someday you too might earn yourself a similar injury for all your efforts! :D
My injury was church related (helping to set up for worship) :wave2:

and my ensuing "issues" followed as a result... "tribs happen" :lick:

Hey Irish, what do you recommended as a maximal dosing plan for this T-911 bird? I'm doing 3 a day right now, morning, mid-day, PM/pre workout. If a fourf would be mo effective, I have the stock to do so. :006:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My injury was church related (helping to set up for worship) :wave2:

and my ensuing "issues" followed as a result... "tribs happen" :lick:

Hey Irish, what do you recommended as a maximal dosing plan for this T-911 bird? I'm doing 3 a day right now, morning, mid-day, PM/pre workout. If a fourf would be mo effective, I have the stock to do so. :006:
I've never gone up to 4. You could do 1/1/1 on off days and 1/2 on workout days (the double dose preworkout, ldo :p).

Or do 1/1/2 on training days and 1/1/1 on off days.

I'm currently taking 2 caps Formadrol Extreme pre-bed and 1 cap in the morning. A couple of the ingredients in it are the same as T-911, but it doesn't have Resv; however, it has androstan-3-beta-ol-17-one AND the alpha, while T-911 has only the alpha.

This is my first try of the reformulated Formadrol. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've never gone up to 4. You could do 1/1/1 on off days and 1/2 on workout days (the double dose preworkout, ldo :p).

Or do 1/1/2 on training days and 1/1/1 on off days.

I'm currently taking 2 caps Formadrol Extreme pre-bed and 1 cap in the morning. A couple of the ingredients in it are the same as T-911, but it doesn't have Resv; however, it has androstan-3-beta-ol-17-one AND the alpha, while T-911 has only the alpha.

This is my first try of the reformulated Formadrol. I'll let everyone know how it goes.
I like that protocol. I'll give that a shot, gracias! :wave2:

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established

...TOTALLY foreign

:lol:

I think it will do you good Sam :)

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How sensitive to Y-HCl are you, V?
I handle Y-HCL quite well actually. I've never experienced any of the side effects that I've read people talk about. The ironic thing is, I do well with regular Y-HCL, while the more advanced form used in Leviathan Reloaded gives me all day headaches after the 3rd day, but regular Y-HCL works well with me.
Por que?