Volcom's T-911 Log: Two Kings and a Dictator.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78138
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Volcom's T-911 Log: Two Kings and a Dictator.


    Physical morphology since 2008.

    - Cut from 210lbs down to 195lbs.
    - Hypertrophied from 195lbs up to 215lbs.
    - Dirty Bulked from 215lbs up to 230lbs.
    - Cut from 230lbs down to 186lbs.
    - Currently sitting at 190lbs +(-) 2-3lbs.

    I need to learn how to lift naked again.
    By naked, I mean no belts and no wraps. For years, I relied too heavily on my weight belt and wraps. I got my dead lifts to the 500+ range, but one day, while I was dead lifting with some of my football athletes, I attempted 455lbs, which shouldn't have been that difficult, I could normally hit 455 for 6-10 reps (depending), but at this particular moment, I could not budge the weight to save my life, as I did not have my belt or wraps. I realized my natural core and grip strength was far, far behind the ability of my working muscles, which have grown far too reliant on belts and wraps assistants.

    Furthermore, I haven't DL'd or done squats in about 2 years, as a result of a slip disc injury. Therefore, I'm re-starting from the bottom, in trying to slowly rebuild core strength and lumbar stability. Bottom line, my squats and deads are currently, quite pathetic.

    Lifting Scheme
    I've always inclined toward bodybuilding, meaning, hypertrophy was my prime concern, not strength. However, I'm in a particularly busy season of my life where the frequency of muscle stimulation required for maximal hypertrophy is not an option. I normally lift around 5-6 times a week and I'm currently forced to bring that number down 3 times, maybe 4 times. A very Dorian'esque lifting/resting scheduling.

    Therefore, in conjunction with my previously stated desire to re-establish some grassroots, naked lifting, I've decided on a lifting scheme meant primarily for:

    - Core strength
    - General Strength and muscular upkeep
    - Metabolic revving.
    - General Testosterone Release Party.

    I intend on performing a very limited amount of exercises in terms of variety, but major and incredibly compound in nature. I simply want to stimulate as much muscle as I possibly can in one setting, maximize my time and establish some RAW strength.

    Two Kings and a Dictator.
    I realize that the three kings are traditionally recognized as Squats, Deads and Flat Bench, but I have an acclamation toward Incline Bench (and a personal opinion toward incline bench being more effective then flat), therefore, the dictator and not the third king.

    Single Session Workouts.

    - Squats
    - Dead Lift
    - Incline Bench
    - Standing Military

    I'm not sure what to expect, but here goes.
    NSCA - CSCS

  2. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,522
    Rep Power
    41252
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.39%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    First Good luck
  3. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,745
    Rep Power
    1317333
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    29.96%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    What assistance lifts will you be doing, particularly core training.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

    •   
       

  4. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78138
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Day 1


    I have to start off light and make sure my core and questionable lumbar stability have some time to match the ability of my working muscles. My core is lame at this moment and the shock of compounding these compound lifts will be drastic in toward the beginning. Meaning, pooping out pre-maturely

    All Free Weight, No Wraps, No Belts.
    This will take getting used to....

    Squats (ATG)
    135lbs x 10 reps
    155lbs x 8 reps
    175lbs x 6 reps
    135lbs x 10 reps

    Dead Lifts
    135lbs x 10 reps
    155lbs x 8 reps
    175lbs x 6 reps
    135lbs x 10 reps

    Incline Bench
    135lbs x 10 reps
    185lbs x 8 reps
    195lbs x 6 reps
    135lbs x 10 reps

    Is my incline bench really, currently stronger then my squat & deads? Yes, genuinely, and that goes to speak about how far behind my RAW core is.

    Standing Military Press
    90lbs x 10 reps
    100lbs x 8 reps
    110lbs x 6 reps
    90lbs x 10 reps

    I tell you what. My body felt pumped all around and this is a damn tiring workout.

    The squats and deads don't feel heavy to my muscles. It's the lack of familiarity with the stabilization that's making things difficult. I could probably barbell hack squat double what I can squat now, but I want the firing of my stabilizers and the stressing of my core. Trust me, I look like a big guy with a little squat and it does feel lame, but I can't be worried about numbers right now. I realize I'm re-starting and re-establishing from the ground up.
    NSCA - CSCS
  5. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78138
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    What assistance lifts will you be doing, particularly core training.
    I'm hitting all of those lifts in a single session, squats, deads, incline, standing military (others if I have left over energy; perhaps much less compound but still with some gain in axial loading, ie. BB Shrugs to stimulate Wolf's Law). At least for the time being, their compounded effect will be all I have in mind for core taxation.
    NSCA - CSCS
  6. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78138
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    First Good luck
    Thanks. I'm really doing this as a personal journal, not my usual hoopla. I quasi started to log my own sessions in Irish's logs, so I decided, what the hay. I might as well start one of my own.

    Not that I thought IC minded.
    NSCA - CSCS
  7. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,745
    Rep Power
    1317333
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    29.96%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I'm hitting all of those lifts in a single session, squats, deads, incline, standing military (others if I have left over energy). Perhaps much less compound but some gain in axial loading (BB Shrugs to stimulate Wolf's Law). At least for the time being, their compounded effect will be all I have in mind for core taxation.
    I'd really focus on the hypers/reverse hypers at the end of a session and mix in front squats from time to time. I have a cranky lumbar as well and, for some reason, front squats don't irritate my back like back squats. It doesn't make any sense, but it helps my to focus on the quads while I alternate between those and DL/SLDL.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  8. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78138
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I'd really focus on the hypers/reverse hypers at the end of a session and mix in front squats from time to time. I have a cranky lumbar as well and, for some reason, front squats don't irritate my back like back squats. It doesn't make any sense, but it helps my to focus on the quads while I alternate between those and DL/SLDL.
    Okay, I'll try that out. My only premise is that my main lifts be as compound as all get out, which front squats still are.

    Hypers/revers hypers at the end seem like a good idea. By the time I finished the standing militaries, I was pretty wiped, but hypers/reverse hypers are reasonable and they coincide well with my general goals.

    I'll most likely switch to flat on occasion as well or perform both flat and incline. I have tendency to get carried away once I get started.
    NSCA - CSCS
  9. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,745
    Rep Power
    1317333
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    29.96%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Okay, I'll try that out. My only premise is that my main lifts be as compound as all get out, which front squats still are.

    Hypers/revers hypers at the end seem like a good idea. By the time I finished the standing militaries, I was pretty wiped, but hypers/reverse hypers are reasonable and they coincide well with my general goals.

    I'll most likely switch to flat on occasion as well or perform both flat and incline. I have tendency to get carried away once I get started.
    I agree on sticking with mainly compound lifts with great technique. Don't forget to keep the hams/glutes/hips nice and loose so the lumbar doesn't start to tighten up.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  10. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78138
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I agree on sticking with mainly compound lifts with great technique. Don't forget to keep the hams/glutes/hips nice and loose so the lumbar doesn't start to tighten up.
    I know. Stabilizing weight on my back without my belt still feels awkward and I can feel my sciatica act up in the first set or so of my [light] deads, but that keeps me well aware of keeping my form especially tight.
    NSCA - CSCS
  11. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78138
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Oh yeah, and T-911, 3 times a day.

    NSCA - CSCS
  12. Advanced Member
    SokVichet's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    869
    Rep Power
    530
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    3.47%

    In for the learnin'
  13. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78138
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by SokVichet View Post
    In for the learnin'
    Long time no see! Good to have you, now please review your syllabus
    NSCA - CSCS
  14. Advanced Member
    SokVichet's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    869
    Rep Power
    530
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    3.47%

    Thanks! So good to be back.

    Good luck, and keep your back safe. I found my back injury felt much safer without a belt, as there was no chance to relax my core at any point during the lift. I do have to go lighter and supplement with leg presses when it's feeling touchy, though. I'm back to square one with a fairly bad disk aggravation that occurred about 4-5 months ago. Can't even run right now, so I'm thankful to Precor for inventing the elliptical trainer hah!

    I wrote up a quick comeback post on my old supp log, and will most likely be logging my cut (going somewhat hardcore with supplementation this time, and my diet is slowly getting dialed in. I do not want to spend this summer with a shirt on, lol)
    SokViChet's - Supplement/Training Log
  15. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74320
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.32%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Thanks. I'm really doing this as a personal journal, not my usual hoopla. I quasi started to log my own sessions in Irish's logs, so I decided, what the hay. I might as well start one of my own.

    Not that I thought IC minded.
    Not at all!

    This looks interesting! I'd love to just do a routine involving these lifts a couple times a week. Maybe some Cleans and stuff thrown in. I actually think it will give you some great results. I may try it down the road...A couple months or so.
  16. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78138
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Not at all!

    This looks interesting! I'd love to just do a routine involving these lifts a couple times a week. Maybe some Cleans and stuff thrown in. I actually think it will give you some great results. I may try it down the road...A couple months or so.
    Yeah, I'm not quite sure what to expect. I usually have a good idea on what to expect with attacking the same muscle group with 4, even 6 separate exercises, but I've never done a total body, compound consistently. The T-911 will be a nice added bonus to the inherent test releasing environment of these compound lifts.
    NSCA - CSCS
  17. yea!!!!!
    brk_nemesis's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  249 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,403
    Rep Power
    815
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    23.52%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    ...looks interesting, I'm in!
  18. Advanced Member
    MATTYO1977's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    671
    Rep Power
    413
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    35.88%

    I'm in as well. Should be cool to see what happens with this compound program.
  19. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78138
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Day 3


    The testosterone was definitely kicking in today. Whenever I get on test boosting supps, there always comes a point where I find myself having psychotically violent fantasies about some guy at the gym looking at me funny (and 99% of the time its unfounded). That's when I know my junk is kicking in, because I'm normally extremely mellow and pretty apathetic about the environment around me at the gym (it's usually me, my head phones, don't look at me and try not talking to me too much, I'm lifting.)

    Again, the purpose of this log is to build up my core strength. My routine is not traditionally bodybuilding style and it's not the most efficient routine for hypertrophic purposes. However, it's new for my body and it's the best thing I can do for my current life schedule.

    No Wraps, No Belts

    Core Lifts

    Squats (ATG)
    135lbs x 10 reps
    185lbs x 6 reps
    185lbs x 5 reps
    135lbs x 8 reps

    Dead Lifts
    135lbs x 10 reps
    185lbs x 8 reps
    205lbs x 6 reps
    205lbs x 5 reps
    135lbs x 8 reps

    Incline Bench (BTC; Bar to Clavicle).
    135lbs x 10 reps
    185lbs x 10 reps
    195lbs x 8 reps
    205lbs x 7 reps
    215lbs x 6 reps

    Flat Bench
    135lbs x 10 reps
    185lbs x 8 reps
    185lbs x 8 reps
    205lbs x 6 reps

    I felt slightly hypo throughout my flat bench and kind of nauseous, but I think that's natural. My body isn't used to compound, compound, compound. In a normal routine, I usually start off with some compound free weights, then move to machines or hammers, or something more isolated. All this is still a bit of a shock to my body and it's much more exhaustive then I'm used to.
    NSCA - CSCS
  20. Senior Member
    rolandajoint's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,545
    Rep Power
    857
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    19.68%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    damn. this is awesome.

    taking out belt and versa grips were the best thing for me as well. now, hitting 315 naked is no problem on deads. 365 i put the belt on tho.

    one arm deads (suitcase deads i think they are called) have helped my grip and core immensely. also makes for painful sitting the next day.
  21. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78138
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by rolandajoint View Post
    damn. this is awesome.

    taking out belt and versa grips were the best thing for me as well. now, hitting 315 naked is no problem on deads. 365 i put the belt on tho.

    one arm deads (suitcase deads i think they are called) have helped my grip and core immensely. also makes for painful sitting the next day.
    Suit case deads? Do you grip the center of the bar and perform a normal dead lift? Or do you use a Db?
    NSCA - CSCS
  22. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78138
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by rolandajoint View Post
    damn. this is awesome.

    taking out belt and versa grips were the best thing for me as well. now, hitting 315 naked is no problem on deads. 365 i put the belt on tho.

    one arm deads (suitcase deads i think they are called) have helped my grip and core immensely. also makes for painful sitting the next day.
    Did you say you have a log running right now? I think I went looking for it but didn't find it. Also, I've got a ways before I can trust my lumber with 300+lbs.
    I still feeling my sciatica acting up with 135lbs. Nice job, though!
    NSCA - CSCS
  23. The BPS Rep
    Resolve's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,062
    Rep Power
    350693
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    84.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    It takes a lot of discipline to be able to set aside your pride and do what you know your body needs, rather than sticking with the belt and pandering to your ego.

    Much respect, Sam!
  24. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78138
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    It takes a lot of discipline to be able to set aside your pride and do what you know your body needs, rather than sticking with the belt and pandering to your ego.

    Much respect, Sam!
    Thanks, Garth. It is a bit off-putting ending my deads lighter then what I previously considered warm up weight, but all in due time. Thanks, though
    NSCA - CSCS
  25. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74320
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.32%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I just did some TUT training today (wow, that's a lot of "T's") on my legs and it was humbling. I was only getting 270x5 on the leg press and 75x5 on leg curls. By that fifth rep my legs were screaaaaming with lactic acid buildup.
  26. The BPS Rep
    Resolve's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,062
    Rep Power
    350693
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    84.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    I just did some TUT training today (wow, that's a lot of "T's") on my legs and it was humbling. I was only getting 270x5 on the leg press and 75x5 on leg curls. By that fifth rep my legs were screaaaaming with lactic acid buildup.
    Hmmm... Really... I'm not much liking the "sets for time" that I've been doing for legs, I might give this a try. We'll see.
  27. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74320
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.32%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Hmmm... Really... I'm not much liking the "sets for time" that I've been doing for legs, I might give this a try. We'll see.
    What exactly have you been doing?...I'll be doing this routine for my entire body this week and next.

    Seriously bro, it's killer. Keep tension on the muscle the entire time. Say you're doing Barbell Curls; don't come to the very top or the very bottom...make sure their is tension on the muscle the entire time. Positive for a 4 count, hold for 2, and negative for a 4 count. Do each rep back to back without ANY pausing.
  28. The BPS Rep
    Resolve's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,062
    Rep Power
    350693
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    84.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    What exactly have you been doing?...I'll be doing this routine for my entire body this week and next.

    Seriously bro, it's killer. Keep tension on the muscle the entire time. Say you're doing Barbell Curls; don't come to the very top or the very bottom...make sure their is tension on the muscle the entire time. Positive for a 4 count, hold for 2, and negative for a 4 count. Do each rep back to back without ANY pausing.
    Well, just for my legs, so as to keep any substantial pressure off my hip, I've been doing one giant set of leg presses with 160lb. I've worked my way up to 5min and 30sec continuously doing reps. I follow this with several sets of leg extensions for 30rps. It's hell while you are doing it, but 1/2hr later, you'd never know you worked your legs.
  29. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74320
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.32%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Well, just for my legs, so as to keep any substantial pressure off my hip, I've been doing one giant set of leg presses with 160lb. I've worked my way up to 5min and 30sec continuously doing reps. I follow this with several sets of leg extensions for 30rps. It's hell while you are doing it, but 1/2hr later, you'd never know you worked your legs.
    Today I did 4 sets of Leg Press @ 270x4-6 (4-2-4 count) with 30 sec rests in between sets + Leg Curls @ 70-75lbsx4-6 for 3 sets.

    Try to go slow and controlled. Focus on the squeeze and the movement and the form. Focus your mind on the muscle. Flex in between sets.

    I don't know, man. I feel great. I think I will see some improvement over the next couple of weeks, and I hope my back heals in the process.
  30. Senior Member
    rolandajoint's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,545
    Rep Power
    857
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    19.68%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Did you say you have a log running right now? I think I went looking for it but didn't find it. Also, I've got a ways before I can trust my lumber with 300+lbs.
    I still feeling my sciatica acting up with 135lbs. Nice job, though!
    Ultimate Diet 2.0 - A Mini-Log (kinda)

    and the suit case deads are with a db. although, i have experimented using a ez curl bar, gripping the center. much much harder simply because of the need to balance the bar. almost to the point of being annoying. i just wish i had access to heavier dbs. 24 only has up to 125.

    i may be switching to kings gym this summer, and i have heard they have some heavier dbs. if not, i know there is a demand for them reading over their blog.
  31. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74320
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.32%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by rolandajoint View Post
    Ultimate Diet 2.0 - A Mini-Log (kinda)

    and the suit case deads are with a db. although, i have experimented using a ez curl bar, gripping the center. much much harder simply because of the need to balance the bar. almost to the point of being annoying. i just wish i had access to heavier dbs. 24 only has up to 125.

    i may be switching to kings gym this summer, and i have heard they have some heavier dbs. if not, i know there is a demand for them reading over their blog.
    I'd really like to pick up a heavy set of kettlebells. I want to start doing some beach workouts early in the morning.
  32. Senior Member
    russianstar's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,322
    Rep Power
    1267
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    41.28%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Subbed my friend, btw i love dumbell deads too, great for lat and shoulder stability aswell as back power and size, great log, sorry im late but im in now.
    Gause institute member

    Need2slin designer.Product designer/ **** admin.
  33. Senior Member
    rolandajoint's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,545
    Rep Power
    857
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    19.68%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    I'd really like to pick up a heavy set of kettlebells. I want to start doing some beach workouts early in the morning.
    craigslist. definitely. or estate/garage sales. if you go retail, like elite fitness store, you will pay a GRIP. unless you have a source for retail stuff. and in that case, hook me up too
  34. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78138
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by russianstar View Post
    Subbed my friend, btw i love dumbell deads too, great for lat and shoulder stability aswell as back power and size, great log, sorry im late but im in now.
    You're still early Russian
    NSCA - CSCS
  35. Professional Member
    delsolrob's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,135
    Rep Power
    11895
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    60.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    subbed to follow along!

    also, suit case deads are supposed to be isolateral:
    YouTube - Suitcase Deadlift
  36. Senior Member
    SamBoz19's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,691
    Rep Power
    35302
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    63.68%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Sup buddy . Looking pretty jacked there bud. Count me in for dropping by and following along.

    Cheers!
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.
  37. Board Supporter
    metroba's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,064
    Rep Power
    371118
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    94.5%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Good luck Sam! Routine looks killer man! I gotta try me some suitcase deads!
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions
  38. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78138
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Thanks for dropping in all!

    To my pleasant surprise, I actually got some DOMS in my chest, that wasn't expected off performing only Incline and Flat, but I guess it's my lucky day.

    More likely then not, on some of my "off" days, where I simply can't keep myself out of the gym and my schedule actually permits me the free time, I'll probably jump in their for some regular bodybuilding, but those days will be ambiguous. My main objective is still primarily the compound lifts.
    NSCA - CSCS
  39. Senior Member
    dragonfly's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  123 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,374
    Rep Power
    6039
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    88.87%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Your routine looks similar to mine Sam, kill yourself properly 3x a week. It takes lot of time to realize less is better, not just weight-wise but volume-wise as well

    I reckon these are a good core workout
    YouTube - One Arm Barbell Snatch- 135x3
  40. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78138
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Less is better is quite the foreign concept to me, but considering that's an option of force at the moment, I'll see what kind of fruit I reap from it.

    I'm currently 195lbs, which kind of messes with my head. Historically, I'm a fast gainer (of weight, not necessarily muscle), so whenever I move up in scale, I have an initial worry that it's adipose. I suppose I'll see by Friday if it's just water weight.
    NSCA - CSCS
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Volcom's Androlean & Androhard Log
    By VolcomX311 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 945
    Last Post: 09-03-2011, 05:23 PM
  2. Volcom's PRIME & T-911 Stack
    By VolcomX311 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 570
    Last Post: 08-19-2009, 11:07 PM
  3. Volcom's Optimus PRIME Log
    By VolcomX311 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1602
    Last Post: 02-13-2009, 02:04 AM
  4. Hugo Chavez officially a dictator now.
    By CNorris in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-18-2007, 04:52 PM
  5. Wtf - Bush Made Himself Dictator On May 9th ???
    By anabolicrhino in forum Politics
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 12:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in