Slingshot - Non Stim Pre Workout (Celc's first impressions)

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I downed my first Slingshot scoop today and was pleasantly surprised.

The highlight ingredients of Slingshot in my opinion are BCAA, Tyrosine, Beta Alanine, Cit Mal, and Waxy Maize. It's meant to be used as a non-stim preworkout pick me up, workout focus, and endurance blend.

Just as a disclaimer, I know my sig says "Axis" on the bottom, but I promise that doesn't change the way I give honest feedback on products.

I took Slingshot on an empty stomach about 20 minutes preworkout. My initial impression was that it had a pleasnantly mild bubble gum flavor. It mixed rediculously easy and the consistency was just fine to me.

I think the tyrosine absorbed quickly. I had a little mood improveement and felt awake after a bruiser of a work day. That effect occured within about 5-10 minutes.

After about 15-20 minutes, some mild beta alanine tingles kicked in. It usually takes at LEAST 1.5g beta alanine for me to tingle. We don't know exactly how much is in the prop blend, but I'd bet it's at least 1.5g since I got a little tingle.

About 15 minutes into my workout (maybe 30ish minutes after dosing), I was feeling good and saw significantly increased vascularity. We're not talking ON cycle vascularity, but it was some pretty good vasodilation. I'd say it was as noticable as any good preworkout mix that I've tried in that department.

I moved fast through a full body HST workout today. I was pretty impressed that I hadn't collapsed after about 14 working sets. Let me tell ya, that's not 14 sets of curls, we're talking deads, bench, rows, sh presses... I hit the wall after 14 sets and I'd say just about 60 minutes into the workout. I trudged through a few sets of shrugs and called it a day.

I'm a total ego maniac so I flexed in the mirror when I got home. There was a bit of extra muscle fullness going on, especially in the "pump" muscles like bis and traps. I'd like to think that the Waxy Maize played a role in that effect as well.

My overall first impression of Slingshot is that it's a nice preworkout mix. I'm a total stim wuss when it comes to evening workouts. And I've been searching for months for a pre workout pick me and usually end up disappointed. But I think this time I may have found a more reliable alternative to stims. IMO it's at least worth a shot for those of us who have no freakin choice but to workout in the evening.

Again, I have no intention to "product push." This is just my honest to goodness first impression.

Edit: I should also note that I have a terribly sensitive stomach. Fortunately, I had no bloat, no gas, and no GI discomfort whatsoever with Slingshot.

learn

learn

Awards
  • Established
very nice I am wait N for my tub :D

can't wait to try it

thanks for the feed back on SlingShot

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've used Slingshot 2 more times this week and I'm really liking the tyrosine effect. It feels like my eyes open wider and I can think more clearly. Plus for whatever reason, the same old mp3's in my player seem to sound better too :head:

Workout endurance has been nice each time I've used Slingshot. I've had no crash and no highs or lows. I work hard and fast for about 60-70 minutes with full body workouts.

I've taken Slingshot both on an empty stomach and after a light meal. I think the only difference that I've noticed is that it takes a little longer to kick in with the mood enhancement and the pumps if there's any food in me. Otherwise, with an empty stomach, there's relatively quick effect.

Thank freakin goodness for stim whimps like me that we have an alternative that seems to work pretty well. It's a relief to be able to fall asleep without stim crash jitters finally.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
subbed. Who makes slingshot? Axis? Never heard of it.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
good info celc ive been wanting to try slingshot i have had such great workouts with smash fully loaded i know slingshots gonna be great i train at night aswell and whenever i take a preworkout i end up not sleeping.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's a pretty new Axis product. It's marketed as a non stim preworkout endurance mix especially for athletes so that there's no question for testing and such. In my opinion so far with using it 3 times, it seems like the ingredients are pretty good quality too.

Here's the link on NP: http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/axis-labs/slingshot-1-91-lbs.html
Thanks man, so this is the non-stim brother to Smash?

EDIT

It appears that Slingshot has some added aminos. nice.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
good info celc ive been wanting to try slingshot i have had such great workouts with smash fully loaded i know slingshots gonna be great i train at night aswell and whenever i take a preworkout i end up not sleeping.
Night time stimming is anything after 4pm for me... it's almost embarrassing :run: I get to the gym about 4 times during the work week for evening workouts, 2 of which are cardio and abs. The other 2 are full body HST lifts so that's when I use Slingshot.

On the weekends, I usually get the chance to have a 3rd HST lift so that's my opportunity to stim. I haven't had a chance to try the new SMASH yet, but it's obviously on my to do list for the weekend morning lifts :head:

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks man, so this is the non-stim brother to Smash?

EDIT

It appears that Slingshot has some added aminos. nice.
You pretty much got it. I also see on the ingredient list that SMASH utilizes GMS whereas Slingshot utilizes waxy maize. I might be misunderstanding, but in my personal opinion... 6 in 1, 1/2 dozen in the other.

I tend to get hungry about 40 minutes into most workouts. Tonight I noticed that the little bit of carbs and waxy maize in Slingshot did seem to hold me over. I dunno if that's the case for everyone, but it was something that I noticed today.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You pretty much got it. I also see on the ingredient list that SMASH utilizes GMS whereas Slingshot utilizes waxy maize. I might be misunderstanding, but in my personal opinion... 6 in 1, 1/2 dozen in the other.

I tend to get hungry about 40 minutes into most workouts. Tonight I noticed that the of carbs in Slingshot along with the Waxy Maize did seem to hold me over. I dunno if that's the case for everyone, but it was something that I noticed today.
I have never tried any Axis products but these look good!

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have never tried any Axis products but these look good!
I'm just recently getting my feet wet with the new rep position. So far I've tried Axis Clutch protein, Axis Creatine EE, and obviously Slingshot.

The protein taste is just fine to me but I like the taste of anything and I'm not picky. What was important to me was that it didn't irritate my stomach.

Anyway, I'm no BS. I'm not a salesmen and I'm ANTI hype. Slingshot is not the miracle cure for little muscles and too much fat. But it IS a real nice preworkout boost considering that it's non stim. And you get a nice extra pump, mood enhancement (my favorite part of Slingshot is the tyrosine :D ), and endurance is pretty good too.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm just recently getting my feet wet with the new rep position. So far I've tried Axis Clutch protein, Axis Creatine EE, and obviously Slingshot.

The protein taste is just fine to me but I like the taste of anything and I'm not picky. What was important to me was that it didn't irritate my stomach.

Anyway, I'm no BS. I'm not a salesmen and I'm ANTI hype. Slingshot is not the miracle cure for little muscles and too much fat. But it IS a real nice preworkout boost considering that it's non stim. And you get a nice extra pump, mood enhancement (my favorite part of Slingshot is the tyrosine :D ), and endurance is pretty good too.
Well good. So your a new Axis Rep?

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well good. So your a new Axis Rep?
ya, I've been on board for maybe a month. I've been reluctant to rep in the past, but I've gotten over that now. I suppose I post enough to rep and lord knows I've tried so many freakin supps :laugh:

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ya, I've been on board for maybe a month. I've been reluctant to rep in the past, but I've gotten over that now. I suppose I post enough to rep and lord knows I've tried so many freakin supps :laugh:
lol well congrats big guy. I am hoping to maybe become a rep too in the near future :)

The log is looking good, and you have my interest on slingshot.

JennieP

Awards
Any specific reason why the "regular" person cannot take this prior a night time workout?

SLINGSHOT athletic performance and endurance maximizer was engineered with one goal in mind – MAXIMIZING ATHLETIC OUTPUT. SLINGSHOT is UNIQUE – this precision formula is intended STRICTLY FOR ATHLETES.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any specific reason why the "regular" person cannot take this prior a night time workout?

SLINGSHOT athletic performance and endurance maximizer was engineered with one goal in mind – MAXIMIZING ATHLETIC OUTPUT. SLINGSHOT is UNIQUE – this precision formula is intended STRICTLY FOR ATHLETES.
A regular person can. This formula is just for those who do not like stims and or workout at night and cant take stims that close to bed time. If stims dont effect you, you could still take Slingshot. or Try Smash.

JennieP

Awards
Thanks for the reply... Can you expain the differences between Slingshot vs Smash?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Celc could probably do a better job at this then me since I basically just learned but here:

Slingshot
http://store.anabolicminds.com/product/axis-labs/slingshot-1-91-lbs.html

Smash Fully Loaded
http://store.anabolicminds.com/product/axis-labs/smash-fully-loaded-600-g.html

The Slingshot seems to have added aminos and although Smash does, Slingshot has more of the BCAA approach. Slingshot is also a non-stimulant mix, providing jitter free energy that will last throughout your workout. Slingshot has the addition of WMS, Palatinoise, and Maltodextrin, adding in a carb boost for you. Really it appears Slingshot is meant to take, pre and intra whereas Smash would only be preworkout.

Both are very similar but have their differences. I am sure there are more differences to be noted by these are the obvious ones to me.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I appreciate the info, thanks so much!!!
No problem, check back later I am sure Celc can shed some better light on it.

learn

learn

Awards
  • Established
Sling shot does taste pretty darn good

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
JennieP,
Even though FightBack calls me "big guy," I assure you I'm just a regular person that likes to workout :laugh: The reason the product description says strictly for athletes, is because it's marketed toward athletes. The selling point is that there's absolutely NO controversial ingredients that might get a tested athlete in trouble.

Also, some athletes like creatine, some don't. Same goes for stims. So, Slingshot gives you the flexibility to leave those ingredients out if you don't necessarily want them.

Fightback,
you pretty much nailed the difference. Good post :cheers:

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
JennieP,
Even though FightBack calls me "big guy," I assure you I'm just a regular person that likes to workout :laugh: The reason the product description says strictly for athletes, is because it's marketed toward athletes. The selling point is that there's absolutely NO controversial ingredients that might get a tested athlete in trouble.

Also, some athletes like creatine, some don't. Same goes for stims. So, Slingshot gives you the flexibility to leave those ingredients out if you don't necessarily want them.

Fightback,
you pretty much nailed the difference. Good post :cheers:
haha thanks friend:wave2:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice review bud!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You still logging this Celc?

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
sorry bro, I've had bronchitis for the past few days and been slacking on my posting :doh: :D

Slingshot is still treating me well. I worked out yesterday, but with less sets than a typical workout. Pump and hardness were there along with my personal favorite part, the mood enhancement. I know sometimes opinions on tyrosine are sometimes split, but I seem to be a responder for sure!

Despite a bit of post illness lethargy, I had no problems making it through the workout and, quite frankly, I left the gym reluctantly thinking I should sort of take it easy for a few days.

No stomach issues with Slingshot and I'm still noticing that I don't get any hunger that sometimes interupts workouts. At the same time, post workout shake is going down easy so I'm not bogged down either.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been using a lot of pre-workout pump mixes lately including SMASH, vasocharge, and Trac Extreme. But this morning I woke up with a headache so I thought I needed to stay away from pump vasodilator blends today.

So preworkout I stimmed with 2 caps of Xforce, which is a super mild stim and one of my favorites. Then during my workout, I sipped on a scoop of Slingshot. Neither of these products has any vasodilating components, and neither aggravated the headache whatsoever.

Wow! I had a super intense workout, kept the rest between sets short, and worked to failure on about 8 sets for chest and 8 sets for tris. I breezed through 20 minutes of cardio post workout and still feel good right even as I drink my post workout shake.

I really like the Xforce/Slingshot combo. Highly recommend this combo for those of us who don't like aggressive stims but still want a little boost of energy, mood, focus, and endurance.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been using a lot of pre-workout pump mixes lately including SMASH, vasocharge, and Trac Extreme. But this morning I woke up with a headache so I thought I needed to stay away from pump vasodilator blends today.

So preworkout I stimmed with 2 caps of Xforce, which is a super mild stim and one of my favorites. Then during my workout, I sipped on a scoop of Slingshot. Neither of these products has any vasodilating components, and neither aggravated the headache whatsoever.

Wow! I had a super intense workout, kept the rest between sets short, and worked to failure on about 8 sets for chest and 8 sets for tris. I breezed through 20 minutes of cardio post workout and still feel good right even as I drink my post workout shake.

I really like the Xforce/Slingshot combo. Highly recommend this combo for those of us who don't like aggressive stims but still want a little boost of energy, mood, focus, and endurance.
X Force by?

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
X Force by?
Xforce is an IBE product. It's a real smooth stim and I like it a lot. Your stim tolerance sounds higher than mine though, so maybe you'd need 3-4 caps to get your jollies with it :laugh: