MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have had a bad pain in my chest / sternum, and a severe case of tendonitis in my left elbow for the past 6 months and am now at a point that I can "stop drop and roll." In order to keep myself from creating any further damage. This is my log of that journey back to full strength using USP Labs SuperCissusRx. Updates may not be as often as other logs because you can only report so much on recovery every day, however I will continue to post in this throughout my recovery which according to the doctor could be up to a year for some of my issues.

Last week I went to the doc to verify my elbow issue was tendonitis and not a bruised bone, it is tendonitis so that is good to know. I can work around it somewhat, and with the SuperCissusRx I should be able to do so without losing muscle in the effected areas.

While I was there, I also had them x-ray my chest where I thought I had a rib out of place throughout my prep. Well it turns out I tore my pec, or dislocated my rib and have damaged the soft connective tissue that holds the rib in the small socket of the sternum some time at the beginning of the contest prep. Doc said I could go do an MRI but it is definitely one of those two situations and the treatment is exactly the same. Go easy on it until it heals. Healing could take anywhere from 6-12 months.

So I have been taking a megadose of SuperCissusRx for almost a week now to get some healing going on before I start a bulking cycle. The joints are starting to feel better not just my elbow but my knees and other areas that were not the focus. The elbow feels great but I am giving it a few more weeks before I REALLY start pounding at it again. Right now everything is at a 15 rep weight. I am slowing down the reos to get more TUT so on second or third set I am even failing before 15 but never using enough weight to really stress the elbow joint. I think within the next week or two I should notice a good bit of difference in my elbow but I have to remember that SCRx has analgesic and antiinflamitory characteristics so it will mask pain and make me think I am healed before I am. So I have to stick with my plan of weight progression in order to avoid slowingmy recover by overloading the soft tissue before it has healed significantly. This is a very important part of the process or you may only maintain at your current level of joint/soft tissue health in stead of allowing yourself to totally heal. Remember that if you are just starting this stuff and get the Oh Wow It doesn't hurt anymore I am gonna tear it up at the gym mentality. You are delaying the actual healing process do not let initial the lack of pain fool you into damaging yourself further if you already have an issue you are trying to correct.

Now if you are using it as preventative maintenance then tear it up all day and all night! Your connective tissue should be like 10,000 lb airplane cables with this stuff.

I am taking my SCRx at the equivalent to 8 caps a day. My first dose is 2 grams of SCRx bulk powder this is first thing in the morning with my Anabolic Pump, Jack3d, and Recreate, then I go to the gym. I use the bulk powder to get it into my system a little faster before my workout being that there is no cap to dissolve. I finish my workout and immediately take my second dose of AP and 2 more caps of SCRx, then 2 SCRx at 4rth meal and finally 2 more with 6th meal.

It looks like this.

Daily doseage schedule:
Wake - 2 grams Bulk SCRx powder, 2 ReCreate, and 1 Anabolic Pump
Post workout 2 Caps SCRx, 1 Anabolic Pump 15 minutes later PWO meal.
Between Meals 2-3: 2 ReCreate
Meal 4: 15 minutes Prior 2 SCRx, and 1 AP
Meal 6: 15 minutes prior 2 SCRx caps

So far so good I will post back up in a few days as the SCRx has more time to do it's thing.

Great title!

Mega dose Cissus and take a 6 week rehab approach that focuses on blood flow and never lift to failure..If I was you.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great title!
Thanks! It isn't easy coming up with an original one. ;)

Mega dose Cissus and take a 6 week rehab approach that focuses on blood flow and never lift to failure..If I was you.
Definitely, I am really working on keeping it warm, high reps, lots of blood flow. Only principals I am using that may help with muscle growth are some minor pre-exhaustion of major muscle group. IE T-cups for shoulders, then lighter weight shoulder press, or cable crossovers then light dumbbell bench. Then I am also using varying tempos in an effort to increase my TUT, or Time Under Tension for anyone that doesn't know the acronym.

I stopped all of my drop sets! :-(... I how I love my drop sets. I am going to really be trying to push my legs through some new barriers during this time so they will be my focus as far as growth, strength, and recovery concerns. I have had the pleasure of experienceing the cissus pump, and hope that the anabolic effects will be kicking in in high gear at these higher doses so that may help me with some leg growth as well. I did not mention but I will be taking in 10 grams of glutamine daily outside of what is in all of the protien powders and what not. I am trying to set everything up to be the perfect combination for healing. High healthy fat content in my diet, immune system and catabolism under control. Speaking of, I am waiting for the VAT Attack to come in so I can use this as well to keep cortisol levels down. Cortisone keeps inflamation down as well but not once converted to cortisol which VAT Attack should stop that conversion. Less cellular destruction coupled with less inflamation should equate to quicker healing process.

I am also going to incorporate some NettleRoot and Anabolic Edge, to get the test boost, prostate health fron NR, as wel as test production, estrogen control and other health and anti-oxidant benefits of the ResV that is in it. That will segway into my next growth stack perfectly.

I am going on vacation July 2nd through the 12th. When I return I will be beginning my clean bulk cycle on the Asteroid Stack and with the gains I think I am going to see this time while I am eating to gain... Well, I am going to NEED to have my joints and tendons ready for that abuse. If you saw what the stack did for me when I was dieting down for my competition you would see why I am excited about how it will work when I am feeding myself to grow. You can look here if not already familiar with that log. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/117137-primed-ready-2-a.html

We have the technology, we can rebuild him... BETTER... FASTER... STRONGER!!!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Out of all USP products I have tried, super cissus is my favorite by far. You should start to feel much better at a mega dose.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Honestly Cissus is great stuff, hands down best natty cortisol suppressant.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here for this one ... good luck on your recovery.

Yah I think most of us are dealing with some kind of tendonitis but the chest thing sounds a little more serious. So you can do some work with it but not full out for a while I guess. I know that feeling. You just have to be more creative sometimes. Hope you can work around it.

Yep workaround ... the bodybuilders mantra... error on the side of caution. I have not been training to failure for quite a while and I still make good progress.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
We have the technology, we can rebuild him... BETTER... FASTER... STRONGER!!!
heyyyy..that's almost plagiarism there bud! :rasp:
BIGGER, FASTER, STRONGER was the name of one of my threads! :nono:

haha, it does get tough trying to come up with catchy titles doesn't it?
this one here of yours is a classic! ;)

best to ya on recovery man.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
heyyyy..that's almost plagiarism there bud! :rasp:
BIGGER, FASTER, STRONGER was the name of one of my threads! :nono:

haha, it does get tough trying to come up with catchy titles doesn't it?
this one here of yours is a classic! ;)

best to ya on recovery man.
How funny, you know I have probably even perused that not sure. I was actually going with the Million Dollar Man reference. Isn't that what they say at the beginning of the show? Something like that. Either way, like I have said a few times on our posts. GREAT MINDS.... ;)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It has been a week since my last update here. I have been doing well and the tendonitis in my elbow is really starting to feel better. However I am going to remain careful with it. Could just the the analgesic effect of the Cissus and not so much that it is repaired. I did way too much damage to it for it to be healed yet. However the improvement is great.

I have been working my legs harder and more frequently as of late and my knees were really starting to feel it but they seem to be loosening back up now as well.

My chest issue is still going to be an issue for the next 6-12 months and I can not really tell if it is getting any better or not. The way things are shifting in there leads me to believe it was the second option he gave me which was a subluxation of the rib from the socket in the sternum. (dislocation). My chiro said my back had seized up around the rib in back to hold it in place after the damage and he was able to get the knots to release but now the rib being free'd up is making the new movement in the socket break up scar tissue and pull and lengthen the damaged soft tissue which is a little painful at times. However I "think" it is improving. Either way my chest is basically on a maintenance workout for the next 6-12 months. While I am dealing with that, I plan to hit a big arm & shoulder centric phase as soon my arms have been pain free enough that I feel I can put some serious weight to them.

So far so good!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah I just hate being reminded I'm human!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well we can at least take some comfort in the fact that even if were not superhuman, we are indeed super humans! The fun is getting the obsticle put in your way and finding a way to go around over, or through it. For now legs and shoulders, then arms, and some day chest will be my focus and I will probably hit that workout you have planned for your new log. I also think the use of lots of dumbells when I work chest will be a good factor in maitaining my chest mass through this. We shall see.

Yah I just hate being reminded I'm human!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well I just thought I would hop on and update. I am really feeling great. My elbows are feeling much better especially the one I was having major issues with. I am stickin to my gunz here and not going to start going heavier yet.
I have 3 more weeks of megadosing SuperCissusRx then I should be good to go for some serious weight. I will more than likely keep my Cissus dose relatively high trhoughout the rest of the year because of my chest issue. It seems to be getting a little better but I am limiting range of motion in my lifts. The chest issue is expected to be a minimum of 6-12 months so if we get anything less than 6 months we can give credit to cissus for sure.
A few things of note. Since I am not really running a training log I haven't been putting any of my training up.
I am hitting everything for 3x15 on upper body right now and I stop about a rep or two before failure on the last set regardless of what rep it is. So pretty much when I start to really have to strain to get a rep that is the last rep. I have been following my basic full body workout Tues-Thurs- Sat with that rep scheme. I have also been adding in a little extra volume on my shoulder and legs. I am doing additional SHoulders and Legs 3-4 exercises each on Thursday evening and Sunday. I am trying to increase the size of my anterior delts so using slow negatives and what not, avoiding grips that put any extra tension on my elbow. Legs are getting pushed hard and shoulders are just getting more volume.
I had a little fun on Sunday, after some heavy leg press I went and hit dead lifts. 6 sets of fun. My weights are respectable but what makes them more respectable is that I did them with all 25lb plates to increase range of motion and basically be doing ass to ankles deadlifts. It was killer, I loved it. Will be doing them this way until I fill the bar across with 25's.
245x15, 295x15, 325x14, 345x11, 365x8, 385x 4

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I just thought I would hop on and update. I am really feeling great. My elbows are feeling much better especially the one I was having major issues with. I am stickin to my gunz here and not going to start going heavier yet.
I have 3 more weeks of megadosing SuperCissusRx then I should be good to go for some serious weight. I will more than likely keep my Cissus dose relatively high trhoughout the rest of the year because of my chest issue. It seems to be getting a little better but I am limiting range of motion in my lifts. The chest issue is expected to be a minimum of 6-12 months so if we get anything less than 6 months we can give credit to cissus for sure.
A few things of note. Since I am not really running a training log I haven't been putting any of my training up.
I am hitting everything for 3x15 on upper body right now and I stop about a rep or two before failure on the last set regardless of what rep it is. So pretty much when I start to really have to strain to get a rep that is the last rep. I have been following my basic full body workout Tues-Thurs- Sat with that rep scheme. I have also been adding in a little extra volume on my shoulder and legs. I am doing additional SHoulders and Legs 3-4 exercises each on Thursday evening and Sunday. I am trying to increase the size of my anterior delts so using slow negatives and what not, avoiding grips that put any extra tension on my elbow. Legs are getting pushed hard and shoulders are just getting more volume.
I had a little fun on Sunday, after some heavy leg press I went and hit dead lifts. 6 sets of fun. My weights are respectable but what makes them more respectable is that I did them with all 25lb plates to increase range of motion and basically be doing ass to ankles deadlifts. It was killer, I loved it. Will be doing them this way until I fill the bar across with 25's.
245x15, 295x15, 325x14, 345x11, 365x8, 385x 4
High rep deads .. I am getting out breath just thinking about it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know doesn't it sound awesome and sickening all at the same time. Of course it was. Such pleasure and torture... Almost deviant that it is enjoyable, I guess some days we are the S, and some days we are the M. LOL

High rep deads .. I am getting out breath just thinking about it.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well we can at least take some comfort in the fact that even if were not superhuman, we are indeed super humans!
speak for yourself! :p
I'm feeling pretty freaking invincible these days!
The fun is getting the obsticle put in your way and finding a way to go around over, or through it.
yessir..I know I've mentioned it to you before, but that's why my sig line is what it is!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
speak for yourself! :p
I'm feeling pretty freaking invincible these days!
I have to admit after the pounding I took the last couple months then blowing a wheel I was feeling pretty human, when I started my current routine I was wondering if I was going to hold up. As I get a couple workouts under my belt my confidence is slowly coming back though.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Update time has come and gone but my pain no longer carries on! Okay well at least for the tendonitis. My chest is obviously a long term deal.

I am so ready for the heavier weights but know I need to break in slowly. I will be doing an HST cycle when I return from vacation next week the progression of weight and reps will allow me to gradually increase my weight without having to modify a workout to fit my needs. This program has given me great success in the past and it the best workout plan for my current situation as it has an enforced break in period of submaximal weight graduating up over two weeks to the max weight at the rep range then on to the next lower rep range and heavier weight. Seems almost tailor made for my situation.

I will say that SuperCissusRx truly has never ceased to amaze me. I went from not being able to do an upward lateral movement holding so much as a bottled water without cringing in pain or dropping the bottle to being able to pull out 2-3 sets of 15 reps with 25 lb dumbells, pinky side high which puts more pressure on not only the Medial delt but also the tendon in question. My other joints are feeling better too. I will maintain a higher dose than normal of SuperCissusRx throughout my mass / recomp cycle to keep from backsliding and to assist in the healing of the chest issue. I may update this log once or twice more as I go but will be starting a new log upon my return from vacation.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am so ready for the heavier weights but know I need to break in slowly. I will be doing an HST cycle when I return from vacation next week the progression of weight and reps will allow me to gradually increase my weight without having to modify a workout to fit my needs.
That is key man! Slow and steady! Can't wait to see the 'second half' of this saga!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am in a recooperative stage myself in a way. Going to do slow concentrated reps for a couple months ..let things heal.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am in a recooperative stage myself in a way. Going to do slow concentrated reps for a couple months ..let things heal.
After your last workout plan, I don't blame you. Have you thought about possibly upping the dose a little on the 1-carboxy? Those slow concentric reps are huge stimulators of the GH release seems it would go hand in hand with the 1-C.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
After your last workout plan, I don't blame you. Have you thought about possibly upping the dose a little on the 1-carboxy? Those slow concentric reps are huge stimulators of the GH release seems it would go hand in hand with the 1-C.
I am dosing Powerfull now 5 on workout days 3 preworkout 2 before bed, they were out of carboxy on my last purchase. Have to put Carboxy and SuperSap on my list ... get the wife to cap it for me. :afro:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am dosing Powerfull now 5 on workout days 3 preworkout 2 before bed, they were out of carboxy on my last purchase. Have to put Carboxy and SuperSap on my list ... get the wife to cap it for me. :afro:
Lucky you... I have to do the capping for my wife to get her to take stuff. LOL

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah like I said I am very spoiled ... especially now the kids are grown and I am the only kid left to take care of. I like being spoiled...:147:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dreamweaver is fortunate indeed. I am also the resident "capper"! :D

ozc

Awards
I don't mean to bump a old thread but was just wondering, how the cissus helped with your chest?

I've had similar problems with my chest now for 11months and have started taking cissus this week to see if it helps.