Vat Attack First Impressions

krispykev

Awards
I just got my order of Vat Attack in the mail yesterday... A little unclear about dosage, from reading the article about it on nutra I decided to go with 3 grams before my workout.. Heres my pre workout supplement list...following with my thoughts on vat attack.

30 min before pre-wo meal.. 300mg Alpha lipoic Acid
20 min before pre-wo meal.. 400 mg Banaba
15 min before pre-wo meal.. 1.5 grams yellow gold

Pre Workout Meal/Shake... (1 - 1 1/2 Hours before Workout)
70 g Kwik Karb
22 g whey
10 g BCAA's
5 g L-leucine
1 whole Banana
1/2 cup walnuts

30 mins before workout
1 capsule geranium extract **note on this later
No Shotgun
3 Grams Vat Attack

Ok.. so I go to the gym.. and have my usual workout (about an hour and a half), intense, sweaty, pumped....usually feel drained toward the end..
**The geranium really helps me pump out that extra intensity to make my workout as efficient as possible with that extra intensity, sometimes feeling over exhausted at the end.. So im sure its making my cortisol levels raise dramatically from that extra stress Im putting my body through.

Ok, so heres what i noticed last night after my workout.. Instead of feeling totally out of it.. feeling like a zombie.. I felt great! This stuff really helped. And I was suprised as hell because I usually get tired of the geranium effect after I put my body through hell.. That "buzzed" feeling.. well everything changed last night.. I never really thought that it was really my cortisol making me feel the way i did.. Just thought it was the effect of geranium..Anyways, Guys... This product delivered on the first dose.. I cant wait to see the long term effects on this and what it can do for VAT.. Thank you USP for another outstanding product..
Customer for life...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow already made a difference... I didn't know this was something that could be felt right away.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow already made a difference... I didn't know this was something that could be felt right away.
No disrepect to the original poster, but giving the compound only 30 minutes to absorb PreWO, and having eaten a meal within 60 minutes beforehand would slow the gastric emptying to the point where I don't feel VAT Attack would have sufficiently entered your bloodstream and been distributed and uptaken by your cells. And the compound still needs to bind and inhibit the 11B-HSD1 enzyme. Try it a few more times and see if you feel similar results; some days are just better than others naturally. However this initial review sounds promising.

Kc2554

Awards
Sounds exciting...my package is on the Fedex truck for delivery!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I just got my order of Vat Attack in the mail yesterday... A little unclear about dosage, from reading the article about it on nutra I decided to go with 3 grams before my workout.....
I am not sure but I THINK it was 3 grams spread out evenly throughout the day. You would want one of the doses at night to prevent catabolism at night also. This should easily help with a recomposition effect. I assume at such a high dose at once I am pretty sure you could have thwarted some of the effects of the cortisol released. The difference you are mentioning feeling sounds lie the difference between being Pumped, or in a Anabolic state as opposed to a catabolic state.

As for the other gentlemans comments, I can not attest to anything for sure but I can not imagine having a meal an hour before taking a raw powder having much of a slowing effect on the powders absorbsion. Your stomach should be basically empty by that point so nothing should impede absorbsion. That being said if this gets to your blood before you begin to excrete excess cortisone it would still effect the body's ability to convert the cortisone into the catabolic, fat storing black sheep of the family cortisol.

Ok.. so I go to the gym.. and have my usual workout (about an hour and a half), intense, sweaty, pumped....usually feel drained toward the end..
**The geranium really helps me pump out that extra intensity to make my workout as efficient as possible with that extra intensity, sometimes feeling over exhausted at the end.. So im sure its making my cortisol levels raise dramatically from that extra stress Im putting my body through.
The geranium oil may cause a slight crash on the come down side but not by the end of the workout. With all of the blood sugar controlling supps in your stack and that huge rush of simple carbs from the KC you may normally be suffering from low blood sugar by the end of your workout. Even worse yet possibly during your workout. No blood sugar and the bodies need for ATP means only one thing to people who are not efficient with ketosis, CATABOLISM! The body says hey I need ATP Stat, looks in the blood for glycogen. Nope none there, but there is a buttload of it over there in that muscle in the form of glutamine. I need to make cortisol to break that down so i can make glycogen to run on for the rest of the workout. That being a decent possibility, can I recommend maybe just 25 grams from a complex carb source to help with consistent blood sugar levels throughout your workout?

Ok, so heres what i noticed last night after my workout.. Instead of feeling totally out of it.. feeling like a zombie.. I felt great! This stuff really helped. This product delivered on the first dose.. I cant wait to see the long term effects on this and what it can do for VAT.. Thank you USP for another outstanding product..
Customer for life...
AWESOME! I can't wait for mine to come in!

krispykev

Awards
some days are just better than others naturally. However this initial review sounds promising.
this could be true.. but that night felt totally different after my workout.. it was about an hour and a half after taking my pre-WO shake.. Maybe my glycogen stores werent as depleted as they usually were.. I just started taking Banaba as well.. so perhaps that had something to do with it.. I appreciate everyones input on this.. as i have much to learn.. so thanks. Nutraplanets got it going on. Major props!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am hoping this will not only assist in my composition, but in my recovery process from a few injuries. We will see how things go. Lower cortisol has to mean less tissue breakdown which has to equate to a faster healing process when taking something like cissus at a heavy dose. Well it would seem logical anyway.

SimplyDraven

SimplyDraven

Awards
may be a silly question but how do you get this into your body? Do you mix it in a drink or cap it?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am hoping this will not only assist in my composition, but in my recovery process from a few injuries. We will see how things go. Lower cortisol has to mean less tissue breakdown which has to equate to a faster healing process when taking something like cissus at a heavy dose. Well it would seem logical anyway.
I am interested in this asspect as well. I want to use it for intense workouts.

digitalducki

digitalducki

Awards
  • Established
for some reason, i thought that you werent supposed to usa ALA within an hour of AP/YG...? I thought I read that somewhere. NE1?

krispykev

Awards
for some reason, i thought that you werent supposed to usa ALA within an hour of AP/YG...? I thought I read that somewhere. NE1?
hmm, not sure if i had read that.. but would be good to know... usp, strategic, mullet?

bubble boy

Awards
I am not sure but I THINK it was 3 grams spread out evenly throughout the day. You would want one of the doses at night to prevent catabolism at night also. This should easily help with a recomposition effect. I assume at such a high dose at once I am pretty sure you could have thwarted some of the effects of the cortisol released. The difference you are mentioning feeling sounds lie the difference between being Pumped, or in a Anabolic state as opposed to a catabolic state.

It does say 3g spread out evenly. I've been taking my last dose at night with a Casean shake, is that acceptable for recomp or should I ditch the shake since Vat is suposed to prevent catabloism?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would never replace good nutrition strategy with supplementation. Having the casien there will actually be even better IMHO. YOu are providing the body with building blocks to use throughout the night in the form of slow digesting protien. While reventing any excess muscle being torn down by the catabolism so you still get more muscle. The only reason I would stop the shake or move it around would be if you were taking PowerFULL or bulk 1 Carboxy or some other growth hormone stimulating supplement. Then you would need to either time the casien shake 1 hour before that dose or 1 hour after. Best to keep all food 1 hour away on both ends with those supplements or the body doesn't want to kick in the GH as efficiently.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would never replace good nutrition strategy with supplementation. Having the casien there will actually be even better IMHO. YOu are providing the body with building blocks to use throughout the night in the form of slow digesting protien. While reventing any excess muscle being torn down by the catabolism so you still get more muscle. The only reason I would stop the shake or move it around would be if you were taking PowerFULL or bulk 1 Carboxy or some other growth hormone stimulating supplement. Then you would need to either time the casien shake 1 hour before that dose or 1 hour after. Best to keep all food 1 hour away on both ends with those supplements or the body doesn't want to kick in the GH as efficiently.
Right on.. nutrition first!! More and more I am getting evidence that reducing calories can often be detrimental to fat loss. If your not overeating and your exercising fat will come off. Feed the muscle it will help you burn fat. That's why I shy away from supplements thad reduce my appetite. I need my appetite to tell me when my muscles are hungry!!

bubble boy

Awards

Thanks for the input guys I appreciate it. I am taking bulk 1 carboxy so it looks like I should either try to take it earlier, like right after dinner, or push it out later. Timing gets difficult with training at night. You figure a post WO shake of casean & whey, dinner, and pre bed shake of Casean all in about 3-3 1/2 hours.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the input guys I appreciate it. I am taking bulk 1 carboxy so it looks like I should either try to take it earlier, like right after dinner, or push it out later. Timing gets difficult with training at night. You figure a post WO shake of casean & whey, dinner, and pre bed shake of Casean all in about 3-3 1/2 hours.
Just a suggestion if you are finding it hard to eat so soon after the postworkout shake try only having the whey protein as your protein source your meals are close together so no real reason to slow down digestion at that point. It will clear your digestive system faster and save you a little money since casein is more expensive. You can save the casein for the night shake.

Food / Supplement timing:
Best recomendation if possible is to have the 1-C 1 hour after your night time shake. If not then at least an hour after dinner and 30-45 before the night time shake. If I remember what I read correctly 1-C causes it's Peak GH release 30 minutes after taking it. So you would want it to keep secreting a little after that before putting food on the stomach. That is why the hour is recomended to get the full effect, but if not possible 30 minutes is the absolute minimum time I would wait to eat after.

The stuff that says to take it an hour before you want to go to sleep is because it takes about that long for it to make you drowsy. However taking it as you lay down does not change the efficacy of the product it just doesnt help you fall asleep any faster. If the muscle building and fat burning are your concerns and not the drowzy feeling to assist in falling asleep then dont worry about it being an hour before bed just time it around your food intake.

bubble boy

Awards
Great suggestions. I think I will drop the Casean post work out and I can work the carboxy into one of the scenarios you suggest. Thanks again for the help

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Out of curiousity, are you going to log your stack somewhere we can follow your progress? The logs really seem to help with accountability and ofcourse you get a little advice from a lot of great people.

Great suggestions. I think I will drop the Casean post work out and I can work the carboxy into one of the scenarios you suggest. Thanks again for the help

bubble boy

Awards
Out of curiousity, are you going to log your stack somewhere we can follow your progress? The logs really seem to help with accountability and ofcourse you get a little advice from a lot of great people.

Well, the issue with that is that I really started everything about 4 months ago at which time I was new to AM. I have to say I wish I did start a log because I feel I should be much leaner after 4 months of clean diet and adding the supps and cardio. I probably have about 3-4 weeks of supps left and was considering taking a month or so off everything.

I sent you a copy of my diet and supps a whle back.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well, the issue with that is that I really started everything about 4 months ago at which time I was new to AM. I have to say I wish I did start a log because I feel I should be much leaner after 4 months of clean diet and adding the supps and cardio. I probably have about 3-4 weeks of supps left and was considering taking a month or so off everything.

I sent you a copy of my diet and supps a whle back.
I remember, I sent you a program back didn't I? I was mostly interested because of the accountability it places on you when running a log. If I didn't ever shoot you that program let me know. Was during a hectic time so if I didn't my apologies.

bubble boy

Awards
I remember, I sent you a program back didn't I? I was mostly interested because of the accountability it places on you when running a log. If I didn't ever shoot you that program let me know. Was during a hectic time so if I didn't my apologies.
No, I never received it, I didn't want to bug you so I let it go.

I agree, it does keep you honest if you have a log. My gym is having a contest prep program that I may jump on. Not that I want to compete but I think I could learn something and maybe get my diet dialed in better. It is very clean but I'm not sure runnning the macros like I have them is doing the job.