Silver is getting Lipotropic with the help of LG's new protein.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
First I wanted to say thank you to LifterGym and LG for choosing me to be a tester of the new LG protein. I am very excited about this because one of the most important daily supplements is protein. Since I am watching my calorie intake I will sometimes not take in enough protein daily which is why I depend on 2 good protein shakes daily. I am also very picky with my tastes and have thrown protein away in the past because of flavor or more importantly mixability.

I am continuing with a recomp at this time so some of the potential benefits of the Lipotropic protein vs. whey has me very excited. I am finishing up my last 8 days of LG's T-911 and also using Glycobol for the last week. My weight has pretty much stayed between 195 - 197 the last 2 weeks wo hopefully the change from whey blend to Lipotropic protein will get me below that 195lb mark that I seem to be stuck at. :dunno:

I have tried varios different proteins in the past and will be testing this in both water and skim milk (my favorite). As stated above taste is important, but mixability is extremely important as well because I hate chewing my protein shakes. :sick: Luckily for me I was selected to test Banana which is one of my favorite flavors.

I was going to add a few pics, but I am getting an error during upload so I will try again later.

Exciting info from the LG Site:
Lipotropic Protein contains a new kind of protein that is the most advanced on the market, surpassing old whey concentrate blends in protein quality and effect on lean mass. Sativum protein is a high quality protein extract that has some serious benefits over standard whey protein extracts.

First it is extremely high in the prime muscle building components of protein, specifically the essential amino acids Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine, often called the branch chain amino acids. These anabolic muscle builders are the most important part of the protein for building muscle and Leucine is proven to be anabolic! Sativum protein is also rich in Glutamine and glutamine peptides, which are also very important for building muscle and increasing recovery.

BENEFITS OF Lipotropic PROTEIN:

* Polyphenols burn fat by increasing mitochondria energy production
* Higher BCAA and Glutamine levels per 100g
* Lower Fat and Zero Cholesterol
* Lower Carbohydrate
* Zero Lactose means ZERO BLOAT!
* Improved Nutrient Profile
* Mixes Instantly

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Like a kid in a candy store I had to have a shake as soon as it arrived. I have pretty much been a whey protein dinker in the past so there were some definite differences that are noted below:

* Consistencty is definitely different and the Lipotrpic protein is more powdery and sticks to everything.
* Due to the consistency it is a little messier. For example if your hand rubs the side of the container opening you will have a little protein on your hand. It also sticks to the scooper more than most wheys I have drank.
* Mixability is awesome. There were no clumps like I have experienced in other proteins.

Ratings:
Taste (8oz of Skim Milk) - 9

You can definitely tell that it is a natural banana flavoring and it has an excellent flavor profile. I wanted to try it first in skim milk because that is how I prefer my protein shakes, but I will be testing in water with my next shake to give that a good test. There is a little bit of an aftertaste with each dink, but it is not bad or something that would make me not want to drink it.

Mixability (8oz of Skim Milk)
This is one of the best mixing proteins I have used. Due to the texture of the protein it seems like it is just begging for moisture and when added to the milk and a few shakes in my shaker cup it was mixed up beautifully. I am only using one of the free NutraPlanet shaker cups so it is not one of the fancy ones with the ball so I was very impressed.

Consistency
As others have mentioned this protein is a little messier than some others. It is so fine that if you tap the side of the container protein dust will puff up. It is not a major problem, but so far I have had to whipe down the counter top after each use.

Initial Impressions

The thing that excited me most about this protein is the potential to aid in fat burning while still ensureing I am getting all the protein I need to build some lean, solid mass. Taste is great, but there is a little after taste to deal with. I am very picky and the aftertaste didn't bother me. I do wish that it was less messy, but I can deal with that with the other advantages of the Lipotropic Protein.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In:) Great start man..:thumbsup: are you doing anthing fancy with the protein? taste is a 9/10 huh? seems it just as good as the PB..

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
In:) Great start man..:thumbsup: are you doing anthing fancy with the protein? taste is a 9/10 huh? seems it just as good as the PB..
If it didn't have the aftertaste it would be a 10. I think you guys hit the nail on the head with the banana flavoring, but it seems like it is hard to cover up the taste of the natural protein.

I haven't done anything fancy with it yet. I might add some to my oatmeal on Monday morning to see how that tastes.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You forgot to mention you're trying the banana in your 1st two posts ;) Got some PB and Banana coming on Tuesday; keep us updated. Banana will be harder to mask than PB

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You forgot to mention you're trying the banana in your 1st two posts ;) Got some PB and Banana coming on Tuesday; keep us updated. Banana will be harder to mask than PB
your going to love the PB, BW said it tasted like butter finger and she loved it.. so that made me break into the tub, and I love this stuff. I cant wait to try the banana!

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If it didn't have the aftertaste it would be a 10. I think you guys hit the nail on the head with the banana flavoring, but it seems like it is hard to cover up the taste of the natural protein.

I haven't done anything fancy with it yet. I might add some to my oatmeal on Monday morning to see how that tastes.
cool, !, few guys over at BB.com used it in the oatmeal and are raving it! there using the PB though.. heck may even taste better with the banana:)

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
I did say it in my first post, but it was in the middle of my babbling. I made that portion bigger and will be sure it is stated more clearly in my next updates.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Cool, was kinda interested in this stuff!! I love banana as well, and I'll have to check back in when I have more time to read everything you posted. Thanks for reviewing it bud!! Man, I bet it would taste good with some chocolate protein!!

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
In for this one. :thumbsup:

Note: Next time you decide to throw away some protein, hit me up.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Today is Day 2 of using LG's new Lipotripic Banana Cream Protein.

Ratings:
Taste (10oz of Water) - 9

I actually think I liked the flavor better in water than I do in skim milk. I used 1 full scoop of Banana protein mixed with 10oz of water. The initial flavor is very good, but there is a little after taste that some might not like. Luckily it is not a lingering aftertaste like I have experienced with some workout drinks. The banana flavoring is very strong and tomorrow my plan is to add a half scoop to my instant cinnamon roll oatmeal to see how that flavor is.

Mixability (10oz of water)
In water this protein mixed better than it did in skim milk. I added my 10oz of water, a scoop of Lipotropic protein and then some crushed ice cubes. A few strong shakes in my shaker cup and it was completely mixed with no clumpiness.

Consistency
Nothing changed here. I still have not been able get my one scoop of protein without having some on my hand. Part of that is I am clumsy and I always made the buzzer go off in Operations and this is a similar concept. So I make sure to have the wet rag handy and start whiping down the protein container, contertop and shaker cup due to the extra.

Overall Thoughts on Day 2:
I am still excited about the profile of this protein and the benefits available. The flavor is different than I have had with whey protein especially with the aftertaste, but it is not a bad difference.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today is Day 2 of using LG's new Lipotripic Banana Cream Protein.

Ratings:

I actually think I liked the flavor better in water than I do in skim milk. I used 1 full scoop of Banana protein mixed with 10oz of water. The initial flavor is very good, but there is a little after taste that some might not like. Luckily it is not a lingering aftertaste like I have experienced with some workout drinks. The banana flavoring is very strong and tomorrow my plan is to add a half scoop to my instant cinnamon roll oatmeal to see how that flavor is.

In water this protein mixed better than it did in skim milk. I added my 10oz of water, a scoop of Lipotropic protein and then some crushed ice cubes. A few strong shakes in my shaker cup and it was completely mixed with no clumpiness.

Consistency
Nothing changed here. I still have not been able get my one scoop of protein without having some on my hand. Part of that is I am clumsy and I always made the buzzer go off in Operations and this is a similar concept. So I make sure to have the wet rag handy and start whiping down the protein container, contertop and shaker cup due to the extra.

Overall Thoughts on Day 2:
I am still excited about the profile of this protein and the benefits available. The flavor is different than I have had with whey protein especially with the aftertaste, but it is not a bad difference.
I agree man, this is the best tasting protein when just mixed with water, I'll be honest, i hate mixing protein with water, but this is not the case anymore.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Today I mixed a little over a half scoop of the Banana Lipotropic protein with my quaker instant oatmeal. I actually liked the flavor quite a bit and it mixed very well with no clumpiness. The only drawback to this is the smell. There is a distinct smell that this protein has. It is not unbearable and it doesn't take away from the flavor. In fact the cinnamon role oatmeal actually covered up the aftertaste.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Does this give you gas? Casein gives me crazy gas

M

MATTYO1977

Awards
  • Established
Does this give you gas? Casein gives me crazy gas
You are reading my mind. That was my exact question Silver. I read this entire thing and was expecting a comment on the gas subject. Casein is like agrenade in my belly. Makes me hate my own brand which I am usually particularly fond of.

Oh, by the way, I am in. I have been a huge fan of the ON stuff but change is a good thing.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
I have noticed an increase in gas, but didn't think it was related to the protein. I figured it was due to the mexican food at lunch on Saturday. LMAO

I will keep a better ear out for the additional gas and report back.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have noticed an increase in gas, but didn't think it was related to the protein. I figured it was due to the mexican food at lunch on Saturday. LMAO

I will keep a better ear out for the additional gas and report back.
priceless... :lol:

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Today is Day 3 of using LG's new Lipotripic Banana Cream Protein.

Ratings:

This flavor is actually growing on me more and more. I judge a protein powder by whether I actually look forward to my shakes or not. I looked forward to my ON Strawberry, my ATW Cinnabun and I actually look forward to the LG Banana Cream Lipotropic protein. I have gotten used to the aftertaste and it doesn't bother me at all anymore. Today I drank the shake after my chest/tri workout and felt very refreshed afterwards.

No complaints whatsoever on mixability. I still prefer the flavor and mixability in water over skim milk. Most proteins I prefer the flavor in skim milk so that is a definite plus. I am able to add the protein to the mixer and then add some bottled water/ice and have a very tasty shake.

Consistency
Still very fine powder and still have not been able to make a shake without making a mess on the counter.

Overall Thoughts on Day 3:
No complaints on the protein except for the mess. I haven't noticed any major difference by switching to the protein as of day 3. Also, no major gas today so it seems like it was the beans from the other day.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today is Day 3 of using LG's new Lipotripic Banana Cream Protein.

Ratings:

This flavor is actually growing on me more and more. I judge a protein powder by whether I actually look forward to my shakes or not. I looked forward to my ON Strawberry, my ATW Cinnabun and I actually look forward to the LG Banana Cream Lipotropic protein. I have gotten used to the aftertaste and it doesn't bother me at all anymore. Today I drank the shake after my chest/tri workout and felt very refreshed afterwards.

No complaints whatsoever on mixability. I still prefer the flavor and mixability in water over skim milk. Most proteins I prefer the flavor in skim milk so that is a definite plus. I am able to add the protein to the mixer and then add some bottled water/ice and have a very tasty shake.

Consistency
Still very fine powder and still have not been able to make a shake without making a mess on the counter.

Overall Thoughts on Day 3:
No complaints on the protein except for the mess. I haven't noticed any major difference by switching to the protein as of day 3. Also, no major gas today so it seems like it was the beans from the other day.
Very nice feedback Silver..Glad your enjoying it.:)

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Day 4 & 5s review of LG's new Lipotripic Banana Cream Protein.

Ratings:

I am trying to figure out ways to describe the protein that has not been said before. I think a good word for the Banana protein is refreshing. I like my shakes COLD and typically mix it with water and crushed ice for a yummy post workout treat.

Mixability (10oz of water) - 10
After reading some other reviews about their experience with mixability I had to try the basic cup with water, protein and a fork. I have not been able to find a whey protein that I was able to successfully mix without some clumpiness. That was not the case with this Lipotropic protein. It mixed completely with absolutely NO clumps at the bottom.

Consistency - 8
Still a tad messy, but I am getting better about leaving less of a mess behind.

Overall Thoughts on Day 5:
I really like this and feel like this is an added benefit to Glycobol in my quest to lean out. The mirror is being more kind to me every day and I am getting the protein needed with low calories and no bloating. I think I will be trying the peanut butter version next.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 4 & 5s review of LG's new Lipotripic Banana Cream Protein.

Ratings:

I am trying to figure out ways to describe the protein that has not been said before. I think a good word for the Banana protein is refreshing. I like my shakes COLD and typically mix it with water and crushed ice for a yummy post workout treat.

Mixability (10oz of water) - 10
After reading some other reviews about their experience with mixability I had to try the basic cup with water, protein and a fork. I have not been able to find a whey protein that I was able to successfully mix without some clumpiness. That was not the case with this Lipotropic protein. It mixed completely with absolutely NO clumps at the bottom.

Consistency - 8
Still a tad messy, but I am getting better about leaving less of a mess behind.

Overall Thoughts on Day 5:
I really like this and feel like this is an added benefit to Glycobol in my quest to lean out. The mirror is being more kind to me every day and I am getting the protein needed with low calories and no bloating. I think I will be trying the peanut butter version next.

i love the PB flavor:).. glad this is working out so well for you..

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
I apologize for the lack of updates. Friday was hell at work and spent all day yesterday at the Byron Nelson golf tournament and then watched UFC. I will post a better update later, but yesterday I made a banana smoothie with the LG Lipotropic protein, water, ice and a whole banana. I will say Taste = 10, mixability = 10.

That was an enjoyable smoothie with no aftertaste and goodness with every drink.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I apologize for the lack of updates. Friday was hell at work and spent all day yesterday at the Byron Nelson golf tournament and then watched UFC. I will post a better update later, but yesterday I made a banana smoothie with the LG Lipotropic protein, water, ice and a whole banana. I will say Taste = 10, mixability = 10.

That was an enjoyable smoothie with no aftertaste and goodness with every drink.

dude, its all good...its protein:) group them together if you have to.

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
hey silver, glad this thread caught my eye. that zero lactose is going to be a winner with me because my body may be intolerant, but i dont listen to it in that respect very well.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
hey silver, glad this thread caught my eye. that zero lactose is going to be a winner with me because my body may be intolerant, but i dont listen to it in that respect very well.
Luckily I grew out of being lactose intolerant as a kid. I still remember eating fruity pebbles with kool-aid because I couldn't drink milk. Luckily these days there are lots more options.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
I am getting close to the bottom of the container and I am running out of ways to test this protein out that will be new. If anyone has any other recommendations let me know and I will be glad to give it a shot.

So far my thoughts are LG's Lipotropic Protein mixes better than any other protein that I have tried.
I prefer the flavor in water over skim milk which is what I prefer most other flavors in.
This has a good banana taste with a little after taste that I could seee some people not liking. It reminds me a little of when I started drinking diet drinks. At first I couldn't stand the aftertaste, but now I don't notice it.
I will definately buy more, but I think I want to try peanut butter with the next round. That is not because I dislike banana, but if it comes close to butterfinger I am there!

I will stick with my taste rating of a 9 and mixability as a 10. You barely even have to rinse out the mixer cup to get rid of the remaining protein. Great job on bringing something different to the market that has some added benefits over traditional whey protein.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Final Review - As you can see I tore through the protein in about 15 days.

I really tore through this protein like a mad man. I honestly didn't count my scoops and tried it in several different configurations. I typically went a scoop and a half for my post workout shake. I felt the protein helped nourish my body extremely well after my workouts. I am going to miss the Banana Cream flavor because it was damn near right on to actual banana (except a little aftertaste).

Ratings:

Taste

Mixed with Skim milk - 8
I initially gave this a 9, but after drinking it with water I felt the flavor was better with water than with skim milk.

Mixed with water - 9
The only thing that had me count off on the flavoring was the aftertaste. The initial flavor that hits your tongue is excellent, but there is a little bitter aftertaste present. Luckily it doesn't linger and disappates very quickly.

Mixed with oatmeal - 7
Maybe it was due to the Cinnamon Roll oatmeal that I have or the fact that I am very picky with my oatmeal flavors. It wasn't terrible, but I like my protein shakes seperate from my oatmeal.

Mixability - 10
This protein has the perfect mixability. I have tried other proteins that mix pretty well, but there is still some clumpiness. This is absolutely not the case with LG's Lipotropic Protein. It mixes 99% and when I finish my shake I add another splash of water and it basically cleans out the shaker.

I also mixed it in a cup with a fork and it mixed extremely well in it as well with minor clumps. It was still way better than any other protein that I have tried to mix with a fork.

Consistency - 7

It is hard to brag about wonderful mixability and then complain about consistency when I am sure they go hand in hand. This protein powder is very fine and you will get residue on your hand, counter, protein container, etc. It wipes up easily, but it is the only drawback I see with this protein.

Final Thoughts

I really appreciate the opportunity LifterGym and LG gave me to test out the new and improve Lipotropic protein. It is one of the few that I actually looked forward to drinking daily. I have had others that I dreaded and due to that was not as adamant about drinking my 2-3 shakes per day. Also, the profile of the protein is excellent and a definate plus for those that have issues with lactose or don't want any bloat that can be associated with whey protein.

The key question is now that I had my free sample would I buy more. The answer is absolutley YES once I finish up my 10lbs of protein I purchased from the recent NP sale.

Feel free to ask any questions and I will be more than willing to share.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great final review SIlver!, This Is one truly unique protein as far as taste goes, especially with it being so natural in taste. Really appreciate you taking the time to log this man , you did an exceptional job!:thumbsup”

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for reviewing this bud, appreciate it!!

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Dang sonic! Awesome review, wish I would have threw in my name to test this bad boy out.

R

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Awesome review..As always, everything you do is quality silver.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Great review Silver,.. you have really upped your game!!