Flawed's Run-In with LG Sciences BC+EAA! (Sponsored)

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys! First I'd like to thank LG Sciences and Craigmatthew for giving me this awesome opportunity!

They have given me the to chance to log their BC+EAA Grape product. Which I am super pumped about trying as I have used BCAA products in the past but never one with EAA's and to top it all off I am pretty much a grape whore... you give me grape anything and I'm bound to love it! I think my addiction began somewhere around 4-5 with those damn grape flinstones vitamins! Hahahah

Flawed's Run-In with LG Sciences BC+EAA GRAPE!

Branched Chain Amino Acid Blend 4 g
L-Leucine
L-Isoleucine
L-Valine
Hydrolyzed Essential Amino Acids 4 g
Recovery Agent
L-Glutamine 2 g

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Stats:
Age - 24
Ht - 6'
Wt - 201 lbs
Bf - 18-22% (Last checked I weighed 213 lbs on 04/06/2009)
Stomach at widest point - 38.5" (Im down from 42" from the end of Feb. I measure this way because my love handles are my worst aspect)

Current Goals:
1 - Cut Weight
2 - Maintain muscle

Workout Plan:

I will be utilizing a modified Pendulum plan but it with go Week 1: High Reps 3 sets of 15 reps, Week 2: 4 Sets of 10 reps, and Week 3: 5 sets of 5 reps. And then Repeat

Cardio:
Mon/Wed/Fri - HIIT after my workout
Some Tue/Thur's - Mixed Martial Arts Class

My monday, wednesday and friday workouts are fasted except BC+EAA

HIIT is on the eliptical: 5min warmup, 4-8min 30sec jog/30sec sprint, 5min decreasing cool down. What I mean by decreasing cool down is that on the last sprint instead of slowing down to a jog i will drop the rpms to about 210, hold it there for 30 seconds, then go to 200 for 30 seconds, then down to 190 for 30 seconds and so on until my 5 min cool down is complete. Also even though the calorie counters are not accurate I will be keeping track of the calories being burned as I will use that to mark my progress to make sure im working harder than last time

Supplements:
Jack3d preworkout mon/wed/fri
ON Double Chocolate Protein
Multi Vitamin
Mega Dosing NP Omega 3's

Diet:
I am working on my diet in the next week... Will get back to you on this one!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am extremely excited to get this log going... However as most of you know I have to restrain myself from lifting for about a week due to a hand injury but I will be doing cardio still.

Thanks again LG Sciences and CraigMatthew!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
RESERVED FOR FINAL REVIEW AND PICTURES

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
Damn you got picked up for this too! All my Blue bros are in this deal but me, lol. I'm watching this and continuing to watch your progress.. Been looking at this for a while, but it always says out of stock.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
here to support grunt!

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
im along for the ride, i love this stuff

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
where's grunt?

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
BBB Bump.. What up flawed! Looking forward to your review!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Damn you got picked up for this too! All my Blue bros are in this deal but me, lol. I'm watching this and continuing to watch your progress.. Been looking at this for a while, but it always says out of stock.
Yeah bro im excited as hell to try this stuff! Hopefully it will help me take it to the next level is my current journey :)

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established

UKStrength

Damn mate, you're one lucky sod getting all these sponsored logs! :D In for the ride, have a great run with the supp.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys! Thanks for tuning in! My 10 days doctor forced light duty from mashing up my finger (you guys mighta seen it in the original tester thread) is up Saturday and then its on homies!
Ah nice one man :)

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys! Thanks for tuning in! My 10 days doctor forced light duty from mashing up my finger (you guys mighta seen it in the original tester thread) is up Saturday and then its on homies!
yea man , that was some nasty ****! glad its getting better, now its game time!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Almost time broskis! We'll see how my finger holds up tomorrow!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
INITIAL IMPRESSION

Initial impression is... MMMMMMMMMMMMM Boy do I love anything flavored grape!

TASTE: The taste I would say is yummy yet very subtle, its by no means a STRONG grape flavor.
MIX ABILITY: Seems to mix very well on the first two mixed bottles in a diet mt dew bottle. Noticed a few small clumps at the bottle of the bottle and a get a little foamy near the top for a shot period of time
EFFECTS: See Below

Notes: I took the first dose on Tuesday and did not go to the gym because I knew it was going to be a long day of running around at work (landscaping and tuesday I was doing string trimming among other things around a huuuuuge property so I was running around on foot alot). Anyways usually halfway through the day I feel like of exhausted like my body is giving up... I didn't really feel that tuesday... not sure if I should relate that to the BC+EAA or not but we will say it was from it! :)

Stay Tuned!

EDIT: I should mention I dosed after lunch

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Day 2

Dose: Pre-workout mixed w/ JACK3D

Well Im not sure what to call today... experimentation? Its been almost two weeks since Ive been in the gym due to my sweet finger injury and when I left the gym I was in the middle of the pyramid program so I decided to just give my body a little refresher course today with a few of the more important ones to me

workout felt great, dosed my BC+EAA with my JACK3D and to be honest the taste was very pleasant, different but pleasant

I did a little bit of supersetting today and skipped out on cardio since I knew once again I'd be working hard today!

Wednesday - 05/27/2009

A2G Squats (A)
135 x 5 reps
155 x 5 reps
165 x 5 reps
175 x 5 reps
185 x 5 reps

Bench Press (B)
135 x 5 reps
185 x 5 reps
195 x 5 reps
205 x 5 reps
215 x 5 reps

Pull Ups (A)
Body weight x 5 reps
Body weight x 3 reps
Body weight x 3 reps

DB Curls (B)
30 x 8 reps
30 x 8 reps
30 x 8 reps

I put (A) and (B) to symbolize where I did supersets.

Note: I will report back on DOMS tomorrow!

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome updates man!, I know when Im working outside in this heat, I'll have a water slushy with some Bc+Eaa's and Im totally refreshed!

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, I'm dosing this quite high and recovery is going awesome! Still get DOMS now and then, but certainly with my calorie low diet, this is helping greatly, also I love the GRAPE flavor!!!

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm gonna have to give this a try when my XTEND is gone!

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bro , seriously drop the Xtend and get your some of LG's Bc+eaa's, I will never go back to Xtend after having these..seriously:)

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 2

Dose: Pre-workout mixed w/ JACK3D
Glad it went so well!, Ive mixed it in with my AS and to be honest i enjoyed it:), it seems that the flavoring is light or how you dose it it goes well with so much, which is a plus!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Day 3

Dose: Intra-Work

I was pleasantly surprised today to have little in the DOMS area... for not having lifted in about two weeks to going back to lifting about what I was at for max effort I am would expect to be more sore today. A little bit in the legs but thats it.

I took my dose about an hour into work today, I really think this is helping me get through work. We are really behind this week with memorial day so we've been putting in 11-12 hour days every day... put in 34 hours in the last 3 days. Tomorrow should be another long one and then next week im gonna start up some cardio again when im not already dead tired from work lol

Note: I've also been dosing this a tad higher than recommended, about 4 scoops

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Bro , seriously drop the Xtend and get your some of LG's Bc+eaa's, I will never go back to Xtend after having these..seriously:)
I'm definitely excited to see how this compared to Xtend, I was never a BCAA user up until about 6 months ago and thats when I got my first container of Xtend and as long as I have the money I'll never workout without BCAA's ever again. The benefits just seem endless!

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm definitely excited to see how this compared to Xtend, I was never a BCAA user up until about 6 months ago and thats when I got my first container of Xtend and as long as I have the money I'll never workout without BCAA's ever again. The benefits just seem endless!
looking forward to the comparison ive heard a handful of users already tell me they highly prefer this to xtend for recovery and recomp purposes (im assuming due to the solid dosed of eaa's). perhaps, the lighter flavor plays a factor in these ppl's decision as well.

i do agree on the many benefits of supplementing with free form aminos, particularly leucine.

when on a cut is when they become a miracle supplement rather than just a very good supplement. i use them yr round, but will never forget how big of a difference they made when i was leaning up a bit a few yrs back

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
looking forward to the comparison ive heard a handful of users already tell me they highly prefer this to xtend for recovery and recomp purposes (im assuming due to the solid dosed of eaa's). perhaps, the lighter flavor plays a factor in these ppl's decision as well.

i do agree on the many benefits of supplementing with free form aminos, particularly leucine.

when on a cut is when they become a miracle supplement rather than just a very good supplement. i use them yr round, but will never forget how big of a difference they made when i was leaning up a bit a few yrs back

agreed, on a strict diet these are really a god send!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys! Sorry dont mean to be MIA! This last week has been brutal... last week because of memorial day I ended up working 47.5 hours in 4 days, almost 12 hour days everyday. So I still continued to dose on work days which seemed to help with endurance to an extent

I was planning on starting the gym again this morning but some stupid fxck decided to make a ton of noise last night resulting in me only getting 3 hours of sleep... so here it goes... going to bed right now and getting up for the gym tomorrow morning! Stay tuned!

UKStrength

Hey guys! Sorry dont mean to be MIA! This last week has been brutal... last week because of memorial day I ended up working 47.5 hours in 4 days, almost 12 hour days everyday. So I still continued to dose on work days which seemed to help with endurance to an extent

I was planning on starting the gym again this morning but some stupid fxck decided to make a ton of noise last night resulting in me only getting 3 hours of sleep... so here it goes... going to bed right now and getting up for the gym tomorrow morning! Stay tuned!
No worries mate, life happens ;) Get some decent rest.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
thanks bro!

I'm up, lets go, its time to motherfxckin rock and roll! hahaha im semi hyper for it being 5am
Word! Can't wait man! ready to see you smash some weights and some aminos!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Day 8

Dose: 4 scoops Pre-workout mixed w/ JACK3D

Another good workout, felt great to get up early and get going. Had a great energy boost all day! I cant wait to see how my body feels tomorrow!

Wednesday - 06/03/2009

A2G Squats (A)
135 x 5 reps
155 x 5 reps
175 x 5 reps

Reverse Pull Ups (B)
25lb Plate on Chest x 8 reps

BB Curls(A)
45 x 8 reps
55 x 8 reps
65 x 8 reps

Overhead DB Tri Extensions(B)
70 x 8 reps
70 x 8 reps
70 x 8 reps

DB Swing (DB Version of Kettlebell Swing)(C)
35 x 8 reps
35 x 8 reps
35 x 8 reps

HIIT Cardio
2 Min Warm Up
30 Sec Jog / 30 Sec Sprint
30 Sec Jog / 30 Sec Sprint
30 Sec Job / 30 Sec Sprint
5 Min Cool Down

Burned: 165 Calories

You may wonder why I keep track of the calories burnt... while I know they aren't always accurate on the machines, I always put the weight and resistance the same... that way as long as my calories burnt is always higher... I've always worked harder than last time! I started with only 3 min of jog/sprint because its been awhile

I put (A) and (B) to symbolize where I did supersets.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Day 9

Dose: 4 scoops Pre-work

Thursday - 06/04/2009

I woke up today and felt great! I didn't have any soreness at all which surprised me for doing legs!

However i ran around alot at work today and started chaffing really bad. It sucked!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Day 10

Workout:
Honestly... Today was a fricken great workout! When I first got there i was feeling a little sluggish, might have something to do with getting up at 4:50 AM to go to the gym before work lol but anyways as I got into the lifts I noticed I felt very strong. A few weeks ago I was starting to feel fatigued benching 225 for 5 reps... given I took almost 2 weeks off lifting because of my finger I thought I would come back much weaker... Which I kinda felt last week. But today I pushed 225 five times and felt like I still had 1 or 2 more in the tank!

The other part that made me extremely happy was my chin ups. Ive been week on chin ups and pull ups for quite a few years ever since I got out of the Marines, and back in Feb/Mar it would be difficult for my to do 2-3 chins and about 2 weeks ago I was stuck on getting 4.5 - 5 reps. Now I got 6 yesterday like it was nothing.

Work:
Work Today was fricken BRUTAL. I probably didn't even need to go the gym lol. We did shrub removal all day so I was pretty much swinging a pick axe as hard as I could all day. Im sure it was some hardcore cardio thats for sure.

Friday - 06/05/2009

BB Bench
Warm Up Sets (135 x 10, 155 x 6, 175 x 3, 185 x 1)
205 x 5 reps
215 x 5 reps
225 x 5 reps

Front Squat (A)
115 x 5 reps
135 x 5 reps
155 x 5 reps

Upright Rows (B)
40 x 8 reps
50 x 8 reps
60 x 8 reps

Chin Ups (C)
6 reps
4 reps
4 reps

I put (A) and (B) to symbolize where I did supersets and (A) (B) (C) to show where I did a triple set (i guess you would call it)

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 9

Dose: 4 scoops Pre-work

Thursday - 06/04/2009

I woke up today and felt great! I didn't have any soreness at all which surprised me for doing legs!

I love the recovery when I'm taking BCAA...I bet it's much better when you add in the EAA's too!

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Day 11

Dose: 3 scoops OFF DAY

Saturday - 06/06/2009

Chest was a little sore from the prior workout but definitely not bad at all!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Day 12

Workout:
Great workout! Really feeling strong lately! Especially on those DB Curls... Like a few weeks ago 30 lbs was feeling like i was running out of steam and this week I made 8 full reps on each arm of 40 lbs... thats fricken awesome!

Monday - 06/08/2009

Incline DB Bench
65 x 5 reps
70 x 5 reps
75 x 5 reps

BB Shrugs (A)
185 x 5 reps
205 x 5 reps
225 x 5 reps

DB Curls (B)
30 x 8 reps
35 x 8 reps
40 x 8 reps

Skull Crushers (A)
60 x 8 reps
70 x 8 reps
80 x 8 reps

Pull Ups (B)
3 reps
3 reps
3 reps

I put (A) and (B) to symbolize where I did supersets and (A) (B) (C) to show where I did a triple set (i guess you would call it)

Cardio: HIIT
5 Min Warm Up
30 Sec Jog
30 Sec Sprint
30 Sec Jog
30 Sec Sprint
30 Sec Jog
30 Sec Sprint
30 Sec Jog
30 Sec Sprint
5 Min Cool Down

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Day 13

Dose: 4 scoops Intra Work

Tuesday - 06/09/2009

Feelin great today! Arms feel bigger than ever and my tri's were a little sore... Which is a feeling I haven't felt in years!

I cant wait to hit the gym tomorrow!

And im getting a body comp done tomorrow!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How are them BCAA's+EAA's? :)

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Day 14

Dose: 4 scoops consumed before, during and after workout

Workout:
Another great fricken workout! Apparently taking 2 weeks off and starting up on the BC+EAA was a godsend to my strength!

I changed up the dosage today, Im still experiencing a bit of DOMS which I normally dont on Xtend so Im dosing it just like I did xtend. A little before the workout, a little during, and chug it at the end

Oh and i got my body comp ;) Im Happy

Wednesday - 06/10/2009

A2G Squats
115 x 8 reps (Warm Up)
155 x 5 reps
185 x 5 reps
195 x 5 reps

Standing Military Press
115 x 5 reps
125 x 5 reps
125 x 5 reps

Good Mornings (A)
125 x 8 reps
125 x 8 reps
125 x 8 reps

Leg Raises (B)
15 reps
15 reps
15 reps

I put (A) and (B) to symbolize where I did supersets

Cardio: HIIT
5 Min Warm Up
30 Sec Jog
30 Sec Sprint
30 Sec Jog
30 Sec Sprint
30 Sec Jog
30 Sec Sprint
30 Sec Jog
30 Sec Sprint
5 Min Cool Down

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
In case you guys are curious, this is what im at since Feb of this year!

I finally got my bodyfat tested! And I'm very happy!

Bodyfat Results

03/06/2009 Measurement: 22.65%
04/06/2009 Measurement: 20.92%
06/10/2009 Measurement: 16.36%

Bodyfat Lost: 6.29%!

Weight and Measurement Update Since The Beginning:

02/24/2009 Weight: 228 lbs
03/02/2009 Weight: 222 lbs (-6 lbs)
03/09/2009 Weight: 216 lbs (-6 lbs)
03/16/2009 Weight: 215 lbs (-1 lbs)
04/06/2009 Weight: 213 lbs (-2 lbs)
04/20/2009 Weight: 207 lbs (-6 lbs)
05/09/2009 Weight: 201 lbs (-6 lbs)

Total lb loss so far: 27 lbs!

02/24/2009 measurement at widest point: I'd be afraid to find out
03/02/2009 measurement at widest point: 42"
03/09/2009 measurement at widest point: 41 1/2" (-1/2")
03/16/2009 measurement at widest point: 41" (-1/2")
04/06/2009 measurement at widest point: 40 1/2" (-1/2")
04/20/2009 measurement at widest point: 39 1/2" (-1")
05/09/2009 measurement at widest point: 38 1/2" (-1")
06/10/2009 measurement at widest point: 38 1/4" (-1/4")

Total inch loss so far: 3 3/4"!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Well guys i think i found my sweet spot. Since dosing before, during and after my workout I havent felt much for DOMS at all. Hopefully this stays this way

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Well guys i think i found my sweet spot. Since dosing before, during and after my workout I havent felt much for DOMS at all. Hopefully this stays this way
Ah nice man, I have to order me some sweet sweet grape again :)