Not open for further replies.
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I finished my bottle of Activate Xtreme on Wednesday. Thank you to Matt for letting me try it.

Please note that the circumstances under which I used Activate Xtreme were a little different than normal (and results were due to my particular experience): I broke my left scaphoid on 5 February, and was casted until 23 March (i.e. 6.5 weeks), during which time I could NOT do ANY resistance training. Because of the extreme pain in my left wrist I didn't start back in the gym until 30 March. I then gave myself 2 weeks to get 'reused' to lifting before I began using Activate Xtreme.

What is it?

Activate Xtreme

* Increases Lean Mass
* Boosts Sex Drive
* Amplifies Testosterone
* Promotes Strength and Performance

For more information see: Drive Sports Activate Xtreme.

Formula: 9/10. I have wanted to use Activate Xtreme for some time now, to do as I did: Stack with Drive and IGF-2, since the formula complements them perfectly re goals of increasing muscle mass and strength.

Taste: 9/10. There was no taste, per se. However, the first week using Activate Xtreme I noticed the aftertaste that I get when using products with Icariin in, and it was slightly stronger than usual (probably because I was using THREE products (Activate Xtreme, Drive, and RPM) with Icariin in).

Lean Mass: 9/10. Pre-injury I was 51kg (i.e. 112.2lb) at 10% BF; the first day I started taking Activate Xtreme I was 50kg (i.e. 110lb) at 11.3% BF. In the 9.5 weeks from injury to beginning Activate Xtreme I lost 1.55kg (i.e. 3.4lb) of LBM and gained 0.55kg (i.e. 1.21lb) of BF. After 30 days of Activate Xtreme I was 53kg (i.e. 116.6lb) at 10.5% BF; that means a total overall gain of 3.085kg (i.e. 6.787lb) in LBM and a LOSS of 0.085 (i.e. 0.187lb) of BF. This means that I actually have MORE LBM (and more BF) NOW than I did pre-injury, with an extra 1.53kg (i.e. 3.366lb) of LBM and 0.465kg (i.e. 1.023) BF. The extra 3kg (i.e. 6.6lb) LBM gain (although NOT ALL of it will be muscle mass) is noticeable, especially in my arms and legs. From the day I started taking Activate Xtreme to the end of the bottle, re girths: Arms (relaxed) - +2cm, arms (flexed) - +2.5cm, shoulders - +1cm, thighs (1cm below gluteal fold) - +2cm, calves (relaxed) - +0.7cm, calves (flexed) - +0.5cm (note that girths for chest, waist, and hips remained UNchanged).

Strength: 8/10. When I started back in the gym I had lost considerable strength on most exercises from pre-injury levels. Over the weeks my strength slowly progressed, until it was almost at pre-injury levels. On some exercises it SURPASSED pre-injury strength, and others it did not (primarily because of left wrist pain). Just to give an example of strength increases from the first week back in the gym (i.e. week 1), to the week starting Activate Xtreme (i.e. week 3), to the last week/finishing Activate Xtreme (i.e. weeks 5-6):
* Close-Grip Pull-Ups (all to fully extended elbows, no cheating): Week 1 - 6, 5, 3, 2; week 3 - 6, 5, 5, 4; weeks 5-6 - 12, 8, 6, 5.
* Barbell Deadlifts: Week 1 - 4x6 @ 100.32lb; week 3 - 4x8 @ 100.32lb; weeks 5-6 - 4x6 @ 132.44lb.
* Barbell Bench Press (BB BP): Week 1 - I could not even do BB BP even with a 44lb BB, due to the pain in my left wrist; Week 6 - From weeks 1-5 I did variations and progression of push-ups; in week 6 I attempted BB BP for the first time since my initial attempt in week 1, and managed to progress over 4 sets to using 99.22lb (although a little off pre-injury strength, still not bad for having NOT done the exercise in 6 weeks).
* Barbell Clean and Press: Week 3 - Started doing this exercise for the first time (since doing dummbell shoulder press still caused extreme pain in left wrist), and was only using the 50.6lb BB for 4x12; weeks 5-6 - I had progressed to doing 4x12-15 @ 64.24lb.
* Dips: Week 1 - Unable to do Dips, due to the excessive pain in my left wrist; week 3 - 3x12 @ b/w, but relying heavily on right side (i.e. left side contributing nothing to the movement whatsoever), and left hand 'fisted'; weeks 5-6 - 6-8x8-12 @ 114% b/w, and, although still in quite some pain, using left side more, no longer just using right side.

Performance: 7.5/10. Strength - Increased rather well, although I cannot say whether it was just natural progression and determination or the Activate Xtreme (and other supplements' help). Endurance - N/A, since endurance is pretty high already. Speed Endurance - N/A, since speed endurance is very high already. Speed - Got faster on the runs that I did do; but runs done WERE HIIT Runs, and speed hard to assess. Fitness - Resting Heart Rate (RHR) first day of using Activate Xtreme was 40 bpm, and is now 38 bpm; so a small increase in fitness (but this could also be because I am a highly conditioned athlete, and due to being able to train properly again).

Testosterone Levels: N/A. Although I would have liked to see the changes in my hormone levels from pre to post-Activate Xtreme, I was not able to get bloods done this time.

Sex Drive: N/A. My sex drive is NOT dependent upon a supplement, no matter WHAT I use. Period.

Overall: 8.5/10. Although I made some incredible progress over the 30 days of using Activate Xtreme, I stacked it with Drive and IGF-2, and I believe that my gains were a result of using all three products.

Would I use it again? Yes, because I want to see what Activate Xtreme can do when I am in my regular pattern of exercise/fitness, and not having just returned from 7.5 weeks of NOT being able to train because of a broken wrist. Next time I would take Activate Xtreme as either a standalone for one bottle; or use 2 bottles (i.e. 60 days), with 30 of those days stacked with other products, and 30 days used as a standalone, to compare results.

Would I recommend? Yes. Especially for females who are looking to gain muscle mass and strength and stay relatively lean at the same time. This is a much safer option that using hormonal products; and as long as they are not too concerned with birth control, then Activate Xtreme is an excellent choice. Stack it with products like Drive and IGF-2, and you'll see results.

This review is also available in my log (post #358) in the Supplement Reviews/Logs subsection of the Supplements Forum: The Female Terminator Chronicles.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I've used ACT X several times, is my favorite test booster. I usually stack it with pcs,.. but have been giving serious thought to stacking it with DRIVE. IGF-2 wasn't on my mind, but sounds like it would make a fine addition.
Great review of the product by the way!!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've used the old formula. Really want to try this one.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great review, I'm happy you liked it I've heard great things about this product.
Yeah, I loved it. More happy about gaining the LBM and strength back pretty quickly (I was expecting it to take longer; then again, with my diet, I can do it fast :D)

I've used ACT X several times, is my favorite test booster. I usually stack it with pcs,.. but have been giving serious thought to stacking it with DRIVE. IGF-2 wasn't on my mind, but sounds like it would make a fine addition.
Great review of the product by the way!!
Yes, it was a great stack (note that I was ALSO using the full AN range, aside from Osteobolin-C and Lipotrophin-AM). Sean actually initially suggested it to me. I WAS going to use Lean Xtreme with it as well, but it didn't get through Customs this time :28:

Cheers! :cheers:

I've used the old formula. Really want to try this one.
I haven't used the old formula (obviously). I've used the old Lean Xtreme formula (and was looking forward to trying the NEW one!) Since I have had such great results and been pretty pleased with everything from the Designer Supplements/Driven Sports (i.e. Matt Cahill) line, I am keen to use Adrenalean sometime in the future.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I believe the new version is even more effective,.. for me at least. Could be placebo, but I doubt it. I used the old version on an epi pct, the new on the "one" pct. Definitely feels more effective after the one, but the one is probably milder.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe the new version is even more effective,.. for me at least. Could be placebo, but I doubt it. I used the old version on an epi pct, the new on the "one" pct. Definitely feels more effective after the one, but the one is probably milder.
The new formula is supposed to be much better.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Well I would say no placebo effect then,.. which is a good thing!!

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
what dosage did you use???

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what dosage did you use???
Are you asking bonscott or me?

I dosed Activate Xtreme at 2 caps first thing in the morning and 2 caps last thing at night.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Are you asking bonscott or me?

I dosed Activate Xtreme at 2 caps first thing in the morning and 2 caps last thing at night.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
Same dosage.

Umberto

Umberto

Awards
Hormonal supplements can indeed have an impact on libido. In fact hormones are the major determining factor in desire and libido. Your mind may control libido but cannot do so without the right hormones in place.
Supplements can affect hormone levels. What makes you different?

(Im just commenting on your comments on libido)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hormonal supplements can indeed have an impact on libido. In fact hormones are the major determining factor in desire and libido. Your mind may control libido but cannot do so without the right hormones in place.
Supplements can affect hormone levels. What makes you different?

(Im just commenting on your comments on libido)
My libido (and desire) is dependent on my mood and emotions, not by any product that I take. Don't tell me otherwise, because I know my body and I know myself.

Besides, Activate Xtreme is not hormonal.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

Umberto

Umberto

Awards
My libido (and desire) is dependent on my mood and emotions, not by any product that I take. Don't tell me otherwise, because I know my body and I know myself.

Besides, Activate Xtreme is not hormonal.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

Maybe I didnt phrase my comment right.

Im just saying that, at least for men, flucuations in hormone levels (caused by products) affects their desire. If this is through emotions and mood, or just through other factors, who knows. Most users report higher libido from AX, probably due to higher test levels. ED or the opposite is common when guys start messing with the delicate HTPA. I assumed women also had physiological effects from stuff like that too. My comment was scientific curiousity and maybe I should have phrased it in a question.

Do you think any product could cause a rise or drop in desire for women (not nessesarily you)?
Just as Testosterone injections has such a strong impact in men's desire. And how human desire is so intrensically linked to hormones. I would assume hormone flucuations in women would cause the same effect. Am I wrong?
Even if its indirect by affecting their mood and emotions.

AX it may not be "hormonal", but all of its products works to affect hormones levels in your body.

Anyway, sorry if the comment upset you.
BTW I also enjoyed AX. And Im looking very much forward to starting my TheOne/2ndGear cycle!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe I didnt phrase my comment right.

Im just saying that, at least for men, flucuations in hormone levels (caused by products) affects their desire. If this is through emotions and mood, or just through other factors, who knows. Most users report higher libido from AX, probably due to higher test levels. ED or the opposite is common when guys start messing with the delicate HTPA. I assumed women also had physiological effects from stuff like that too. My comment was scientific curiousity and maybe I should have phrased it in a question.

Do you think any product could cause a rise or drop in desire for women (not nessesarily you)?
Just as Testosterone injections has such a strong impact in men's desire. And how human desire is so intrensically linked to hormones. I would assume hormone flucuations in women would cause the same effect. Am I wrong?
Even if its indirect by affecting their mood and emotions.

AX it may not be "hormonal", but all of its products works to affect hormones levels in your body.

Anyway, sorry if the comment upset you.
BTW I also enjoyed AX. And Im looking very much forward to starting my TheOne/2ndGear cycle!
For males products can and will affect libido (although not necessarily desire; since to me libido is one's sex instinct/drive, but one does not have to (nor always will) desire the object of their sexual attentions). For males it IS a hormonal effect, since testosterone very much affects their libido.

I know what affects me and how I am and no product or hormone fluctuations affect my libido. As for other women I cannot answer for them, but maybe some products could affect their libido.

It is a dangerous thing to "assume" things. Increasing testosterone levels does NOT affect females the same way that it does males.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

Umberto

Umberto

Awards
hmm interesting, never really thought about it that way.

Point taken, I agree, it is dangerous to assume things. I should know that in my line of work.

Got some studying to do.....

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hmm interesting, never really thought about it that way.

Point taken, I agree, it is dangerous to assume things. I should know that in my line of work.

Got some studying to do.....
All good.

I have done a lot of study in this area for the reason that many people believe what you do (and more about females and training and testosterone etc.).

However, even I can (and want to) learn more; and if anyone has any evidence to the contrary of what has been discussed, then by all means, lay it out.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

cdub21

Awards
Actually, you were right dude. For some reason you seem a bit touchy about this subject, rosie. But it is a FACT that hormones affect sex drive, regardless if you're a man or a women. In fact one of the only major differences between male and female behavior is hormonal balance, males having more testosterone. HIgher testosterone does me high sex drive for women as well. Actually Some men who take products like Novedex experience a decline in sex drive because they have supressed their estrogen levels too much. They need SOME estrogen to maintain a healthy sex drive just as women need testosterone.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually, you were right dude. For some reason you seem a bit touchy about this subject, rosie. But it is a FACT that hormones affect sex drive, regardless if you're a man or a women. In fact one of the only major differences between male and female behavior is hormonal balance, males having more testosterone. HIgher testosterone does me high sex drive for women as well. Actually Some men who take products like Novedex experience a decline in sex drive because they have supressed their estrogen levels too much. They need SOME estrogen to maintain a healthy sex drive just as women need testosterone.
As I said:
I know what affects me and how I am and no product or hormone fluctuations affect my libido. As for other women I cannot answer for them, but maybe some products could affect their libido.
I know for a fact that I have normal estrogen levels and slightly higher testosterone levels, and my libido is NOT affected either way when I use or do not use supplements, whatever they may be. Once you've been around here a while you will realize that I do NOT react the same as most other people to many supplements and training methods, and I do things my way, and in this respect MY libido is dependent on other things entirely.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

Status
Not open for further replies.