*LG's PEANUT BUTTER!!! Lipotropic Protein Log*

PhysiqueFreak

PhysiqueFreak

Awards
  • Established

So, I got my Peanut Butter Lipotropic Protein in the mail today and as you can see LG threw me a little bonus (Blue Ras BC + EAA) which was very generous of them. Sorry that my pics are kind of small, I had to take them on my phone because I don't know where the cord for my camera is. The new designes for the lipotropic protein bottles have the same style as Andraulic State. Here is the chart that you see in the second picture depicting the advantages of Lipotropic protein over Whey Protein:

At first I was just going to post the first pics up and go to the gym, but I wanted to smell the protein. Anyway it smelled pretty good (nutty smell), but noticed that there wasn't much powder in there compared to how big the container was. My roommate said that he thought it looked like it had been tampered with because some of the protein was caked on the side of the bottle and there wasn't a lot in there, but it could just be the consistency of the powder as I have yet to play with it. I did weigh the bottle on my rather unreliable scaled, but it did say that it was over 2.2 lbs, so all is good there. I will keep track of how many scoops I get out of the bottle. Anyway, my first serving will be after I get out of the gym, so I'm gonna head there shortly and report back.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I noted the same thing about my PB protein. Not much volume inside. I do not anticipate getting anything more than 15 scoops total out of a tub. I'll be curious to hear what you think of the taste compared to my thoughts.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Awesome, one of the first PB logs! Look forward to the review man!!

PhysiqueFreak

PhysiqueFreak

Awards
  • Established
Scoop 1! PB-licious; Day 1 thoughts

OK, so I am just now drinking my first serving of PB lipotropic protein. One of the things I noticed as I was trying to figure out the consistency and taste that I wanted is that the bottle doesn't have a recommended amount of water to mix with one scoop. Being that the protein is pretty dense and thick, I decided to go with 8 oz of water instead of the 4-5 that I usually use for regular whey protein. Here are my thoughts (BTW, I won't use a number scale because everyone grades things differents):

Taste (8 oz water): I feel that it is a rather strong taste, even in 8 oz of water. I think that LG did a decent job on the PB taste, although I haven't tried any pb protein, just put pb in my protein. Also, keep in mind that I'm not a very picky person at all when it comes to taste. I'm interested in seeing how this tastes in milk and with chocolate protein, which I will probably try tomorrow. After taking a few more sips, I'm starting to realize that the taste is actually pretty strong and rich (to me) and that I will probably need it watered down a little more to not get sick of it right away. The flavor is a bit nuttier tasting than actual peanut butter.

Mixibility (8 oz water): The mixibility is pretty darn good I'd say. I have been using a weight gainer lately instead of whey, being clumpy and maybe skewing my thoughts on the mixibility a little bit, but I got no clumps at all and you don't have to shake it over and over. (I am using shaker with blender ball)

Consistency: OK, before I mixed up my first scoop, I was checking out the consistency of the dry powder. It kind of reminds me of waxy maize starch (Vitargo CGL namely) in that it puffs out of the container with a little bit of movement of the bottle. It is pretty thick looking and is very sticky; My scoop has protein caked on the outside of it and the bottle has it caked on the inside. It is also pretty messy being that it is so sticky. Now the consistency while drinking isn't to bad, just a little chalky, but not as chalky tasting as the Vitargo CGL. The biggest downfall I'd have to say so far, is the messiness of he protein as it collects on the outside of the bottle if you take the lid of after the protein has shifted a little bit in the bottle.

Initial Impressions:

What I like- The profile. The profile is pretty solid. 26 g of protein/ scoop and 1g of carbs and 1g fats / serving. I also like the mixibility. It mixes pretty fantastically with no clumps whatsoever. I have also been taking a look at the chart that compares this to whey. Although some of those facts are opinions (such as the lipotropic being great tasting, while whey is sometimes great tasting), the things that catch my eye is that is says the glutamine content is highest, it's fast digesting, complete protein source, has fat burning polyphenols, and of course anything that comments on its profile.

Neutral- So far I am neutral on the taste. I think that it tastes pretty good, but it is a little strong and rich, which can probably be adjusted by the amount of water I use. The front of the bottle says 32 servings and the supplement facts say 31 (not a big deal which is why this is neutral, just saying).

Dislikes- First and biggest dislike is the messiness. Because it is so sticky and somewhat moist, it sticks to a lot of stuff and is somewhat a pain in the ass. Another one, that isn't that big of a deal, is the volume in the bottle. You open the bottle expecting powder filled up to about 3/4 of the bottle and when you look in, only about a third of the bottle is used for the protein, while the rest of the container is wasted material (although the container is cool looking and I see why they need to do this to keep all flavors' bottles consistent). The consistency is also a minor inconvenience, being that it has a bit of a chalky texture.

^^^These are my Day 1 thoughts and impressions on the new Peanut Butter Lipotropic Protein. I will have some more thoughts and comments tomorrow as I experiment a little bit with it and see if I notice any effects and differences between it and whey protein. If there are any other points that you would like me to hit and describe about the protein just let me know because my brain is semi- shut off at the moment being that I finished up with my last day of finals today and I'm fried. Anyway, off to celebrate a little bit, leave some comments and questions, so that I have more to do in this log, it will be appreciated.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Awesome initial review man!! Great detail! Keep up the good work! I'm a rep and havn't even tried this yet :(

PhysiqueFreak

PhysiqueFreak

Awards
  • Established
Awesome, one of the first PB logs! Look forward to the review man!!
Yeahyuh, I was pretty stoked when I saw the package this morning. Let me know if you have any questions or anything else you would like me to touch on or do..

PhysiqueFreak

PhysiqueFreak

Awards
  • Established
Awesome initial review man!! Great detail! Keep up the good work! I'm a rep and havn't even tried this yet :(
Thanks man, I will. oh well that sucks, want me to send you some?? :D

EDIT: jk, u live in Australia, forgot about that minor detail

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man, I will. oh well that sucks, want me to send you some?? :D

EDIT: jk, u live in Australia, forgot about that minor detail
haha thanks man, but it would cost you like 1000000US to send it to me :p

PhysiqueFreak

PhysiqueFreak

Awards
  • Established
haha thanks man, but it would cost you like 1000000US to send it to me :p
Yeah, that sucks, well I hope you get to try it soon. I think that it definitely has some benefits over whey and the price point seems to be good from what I saw in the old choc and vanilla. I will see if I notice any differences in performance

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
sub'd since the chocolate flavor will be a some weeks out... I wonder it other flavors will be as condensed or this is PB specific! :think:

BTW, nice review PhysiqueFreak, well thought out!

Last edited:
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interested on your take of the flavour (I love peanut butter, and it would make a change from chcocolate flavoured protein; although I DO love the vanilla Lipotropic Protein, and usually I HATE vanilla flavoured things). Lipotropic Protein does have a sweet ingredient profile for sure; one of my top 2 protein products!

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
in for this, ive got some pb on the way myself and im very intrigued as gemma and a nutty wholesome flavor really go hand in hand.

PhysiqueFreak

PhysiqueFreak

Awards
  • Established
sub'd since the chocolate flavor will be a some weeks out... I wonder it other flavors will be as condensed or this is PB specific! :think:

BTW, nice review PhysiqueFreak, well thought out!
Thanks man! Yeah I don't know about all the other flavors, but I guess we will find out soon enough

Interested on your take of the flavour (I love peanut butter, and it would make a change from chcocolate flavoured protein; although I DO love the vanilla Lipotropic Protein, and usually I HATE vanilla flavoured things). Lipotropic Protein does have a sweet ingredient profile for sure; one of my top 2 protein products!
I like the taste so far, but last night I felt that it was pretty strong and rich. I'm about to take another scoop in water before I hit the store to get some milk so that I can try it in that. I'm really looking forward to this serving I'm about to put down the hatch because I'm starving. Also excited for all these flavors to be at NP because I never got to try the old choc and vanilla.

in for this, ive got some pb on the way myself and im very intrigued as gemma and a nutty wholesome flavor really go hand in hand.
Well then, let us know how you like it so we can compare our opinions.

More review coming later after I go to the store to get some stuff to mix it in and experiment with :thumbsup:

smgebg

Awards
Nice review. The only peanut butter flavored protein I have tried in the past is the PVL gourmet whey protein (fairly decent taste), but the LG lipotropic protein appears to have a superior nutrient profile. Since I am a peanut butteraholic I might have to give this a try.

ctAL

Awards
LG Sciences? I never even heaerd of this company. Will look into this protein, seems expensive.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LG Sciences? I never even heaerd of this company. Will look into this protein, seems expensive.
You just missed their sale. 2.2lbs of the new PB and Banana flavors 10 bucks a tub.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I like your detail! Will be trying this flavor in a moment, just got PB Powder in the mail!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LG Sciences is a company with a great line of products.

The protein is no more expensive than most. And it's one of the best formulations out there, IMO.

PhysiqueFreak

PhysiqueFreak

Awards
  • Established
Nice review. The only peanut butter flavored protein I have tried in the past is the PVL gourmet whey protein (fairly decent taste), but the LG lipotropic protein appears to have a superior nutrient profile. Since I am a peanut butteraholic I might have to give this a try.
Thanks. It's pretty good. strong flavor IMO

Legal Gear posted that for these trial flavors etc they were shipped in the 5lbs tubs just for the sake of getting them shipped out and that later these will be packaged in a more appropriate container for 2.2 lbs. Nice review so far. I've posted one as well...

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/lg-sciences/126249-copycat-tries-out.html#post1971655
Ahhh, that makes more sense, I didn't catch that. Thanks. I'll check yours out.

You just missed their sale. 2.2lbs of the new PB and Banana flavors 10 bucks a tub.
Damn, I missed it to. was it at NP or on LG's site?

I like your detail! Will be trying this flavor in a moment, just got PB Powder in the mail!
Well thank you, I'll be trying it in milk here in a few. Hope you like yours

PhysiqueFreak

PhysiqueFreak

Awards
  • Established
Three Scoops In...

For my third scoop of the PB Lipotropic Protein, I mixed it with skim milk.

Thoughts: I like it a bit better with milk. Not that is tastes that much different, but I think the milk helps quell the richness of the protein. Another reason I like it in milk is because the texture is better. In water it's like a thin consistency (if you use enough water), but still feels thick, or chalky going down and it's kind of a mixed feeling. In milk, the thick, chalky texture kind of blends in.

Other Observations: As I was scooping out some protein, I held the scooper up for a moment and looked at the protein that was caked on the outside of the scooper. The protein looked crystallized and looked like those metal filings that all come and stick together when you draw them together with a magnet (I hope you know what I'm talking about cuz it's hard to describe). I also notice that the protein was jumping off the scooper. It was almost as if it was attracted to the fabric my shirt is made out of (static electricity?). I held the scooper above the container for a few moments, decently steady, and watched little specs of protein jump off of the scooper and fly off different places, but mostly my shirt. Somebody please try this and see if you notice anything; I found it interesting.

Anyway, tomorrow I think I am going to mix it with my chocolate weight gainer or maybe make a smoothie with some bananas and ice cream or something. Suggestions are welcome

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For my third scoop of the PB Lipotropic Protein, I mixed it with skim milk.

Thoughts: I like it a bit better with milk. Not that is tastes that much different, but I think the milk helps quell the richness of the protein. Another reason I like it in milk is because the texture is better. In water it's like a thin consistency (if you use enough water), but still feels thick, or chalky going down and it's kind of a mixed feeling. In milk, the thick, chalky texture kind of blends in.

Other Observations: As I was scooping out some protein, I held the scooper up for a moment and looked at the protein that was caked on the outside of the scooper. The protein looked crystallized and looked like those metal filings that all come and stick together when you draw them together with a magnet (I hope you know what I'm talking about cuz it's hard to describe). I also notice that the protein was jumping off the scooper. It was almost as if it was attracted to the fabric my shirt is made out of (static electricity?). I held the scooper above the container for a few moments, decently steady, and watched little specs of protein jump off of the scooper and fly off different places, but mostly my shirt. Somebody please try this and see if you notice anything; I found it interesting.

Anyway, tomorrow I think I am going to mix it with my chocolate weight gainer or maybe make a smoothie with some bananas and ice cream or something. Suggestions are welcome
Oh, I'm off to try this right now.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Totally true about it "jumping" off.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I mixed the protein powder in part water, part milk and it tasted great.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1c. Oatbran, 4c. Water. Microwave that to a boil and let it sit, then add in frozen berries, 2tbsp of cocoa powder and PB protein... delicious :)

There will be a new discount code for the protein next week for those of you that missed out.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Word PF, im glad you liked the bonus:)... awesome log, Ive been using this stuff around 11oz water 2 scoops of PB, and im in there!..

PhysiqueFreak

PhysiqueFreak

Awards
  • Established
Totally true about it "jumping" off.
Awesome! I'm not the only one who noticed this. Cool, but messy lol

I mixed the protein powder in part water, part milk and it tasted great.
Hmm, I'll give it a try, I've done that with other protein before. How much water and milk?

1c. Oatbran, 4c. Water. Microwave that to a boil and let it sit, then add in frozen berries, 2tbsp of cocoa powder and PB protein... delicious :)

There will be a new discount code for the protein next week for those of you that missed out.
That does sound good. Wish you would have told me that before I dropped half my paycheck at the store yesterday :( :). Maybe I will have to substitute banana for berries and hot choco mix for cocoa powder.

And sweet on the discount code, hopefully around thur, fri?

Word PF, im glad you liked the bonus:)... awesome log, Ive been using this stuff around 11oz water 2 scoops of PB, and im in there!..
Yes, very generous thank you. and thanks for choosing me, I'm glad the log is good so far. 11 oz for two scoops would be too strong for me I think, but maybe it's because I'm pretty sensitive to sweet tasting things right now. I usually mix one scoop with 8- 10 oz! I'm gonna try to whip up a pb banana smoothie later tonight depending on how long I have to entertain the gf tonight.

ctAL

Awards
i usually order my supplements from prosource.net and i checked for lipotropic protein, which they do carry only choc and vanilla though. the reviews are TERRIBLE as far as taste is concerned. so ill def try and find this peanut butter flavor.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, very generous thank you. and thanks for choosing me, I'm glad the log is good so far. 11 oz for two scoops would be too strong for me I think, but maybe it's because I'm pretty sensitive to sweet tasting things right now. I usually mix one scoop with 8- 10 oz! I'm gonna try to whip up a pb banana smoothie later tonight depending on how long I have to entertain the gf tonight.
All good man:thumbsup:

PhysiqueFreak

PhysiqueFreak

Awards
  • Established
6 scoops/servings in..

What's up guys
Last night for my 5th scoop I decided to make a smoothie. Here were the contents:

2 cups milk
1 banana
1 scoop LG PB Lipotropic Protein
1 scoop MRI Vanilla Pro Nos

I whipped this up in the blender yesterday and it was pretty good. I added the vanilla protein in there to quell the richness of the pb protein and it worked pretty well. It was definitely a good pb and banana smoothie except the aftertaste was kind of weird, but I think it was my bananas weren't completely ripe.

This morning I had my 6th scoop with a handful of oats. When I got home from running some errands, I came back to a peanut butter smelling room and realized that I left the lid off of the protein. Oh well, it was a nice smell.

Anyway, I don't have much else to describe nor have I changed any of my initial thoughts on the PB Lipotropic protein yet, but I will keep everyone updated on my thoughts. I'll try some more concoctions today and see what I can whip up.

PhysiqueFreak

PhysiqueFreak

Awards
  • Established
7 scoops update

Today I decided to mix a scoop of PB lipotropic with 2 scoops of choco GAIN Max and about 3 cups of skim milk for a choc/pb shake. It mixed up pretty well. Even with 1 scoop of pb among the 2 of gain max the pb flavor was still pretty apparent and even stronger than the chocolate flavor. It was a pretty delicious shake though I must say. I sipped on it throughout the day while I ran errands, but at one point I left it in my car and it got pretty hot in the son. needless to say I drank it anyway.

If anyone has any questions about the protein, ask away because I'm not sure what else to say other than to try new concoctions and post my experiences.

PhysiqueFreak

PhysiqueFreak

Awards
  • Established
I also wanted to add that while sometimes I find the pb protein really strong tasting and am unable to down it all at once, sometimes I wake up in the morning craving that strong, rich flavor.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dislikes- First and biggest dislike is the messiness. Because it is so sticky and somewhat moist, it sticks to a lot of stuff and is somewhat a pain in the ass. Another one, that isn't that big of a deal, is the volume in the bottle. You open the bottle expecting powder filled up to about 3/4 of the bottle and when you look in, only about a third of the bottle is used for the protein, while the rest of the container is wasted material (although the container is cool looking and I see why they need to do this to keep all flavors' bottles consistent). The consistency is also a minor inconvenience, being that it has a bit of a chalky texture.
they could probably cut costs and savings by saving all that plastic and moving it to a smaller size container. unless they use that size bottle for most of their supplements and just get a quantity discount. either way its consumer psychology when people see things half empty they tend to wonder about quality and if they are getting taken.

PhysiqueFreak

PhysiqueFreak

Awards
  • Established
they could probably cut costs and savings by saving all that plastic and moving it to a smaller size container. unless they use that size bottle for most of their supplements and just get a quantity discount. either way its consumer psychology when people see things half empty they tend to wonder about quality and if they are getting taken.
Yeah, but someone mentioned in my log that LG said they used the 5 lb containers for the 2 lb protein just for these logs because they didn't have the 2 lb tubs or something like that. So, I'm assuming that when these 2 lb tubs get to the consumer they will be in 2 lb tubs and look more full

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, but someone mentioned in my log that LG said they used the 5 lb containers for the 2 lb protein just for these logs because they didn't have the 2 lb tubs or something like that. So, I'm assuming that when these 2 lb tubs get to the consumer they will be in 2 lb tubs and look more full
ahh good deal. thanks for the reply! and the log!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well i guess the only question i have is probably more for LG

however

Isnt gemma suppose to be cheaper than whey? I undestand the flavoring systems you guys are putting into this protein is supose to be awesome however thats what makes gemma attrative as well. great profile, great mixability great price. are you guys gonna do anything to keep price more competitive with whey/????

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I also wanted to add that while sometimes I find the pb protein really strong tasting and am unable to down it all at once, sometimes I wake up in the morning craving that strong, rich flavor.
Hahaha Its funny how this flavor will call your name..Log is looking great buddy..

PhysiqueFreak

PhysiqueFreak

Awards
  • Established
well i guess the only question i have is probably more for LG

however

Isnt gemma suppose to be cheaper than whey? I undestand the flavoring systems you guys are putting into this protein is supose to be awesome however thats what makes gemma attrative as well. great profile, great mixability great price. are you guys gonna do anything to keep price more competitive with whey/????
I think LG was selling the 2 lbers on their site for $10 each the other day. And their old 5 lbers of the choc and vanilla sold somewhere around 29.99 for 5 lbs, which compared to ATW is about the same, but pretty good compared to others.

Hahaha Its funny how this flavor will call your name..Log is looking great buddy..
Yeah it does, I find myself craving it sometimes. Perfect for those who get a sweet tooth while dieting; tastes like its filled with cals, but come to find out its not. And thanks on the log, I'll see what I can whip up today with the pb

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
their 5 lbers on NP are 33.99

PhysiqueFreak

PhysiqueFreak

Awards
  • Established
their 5 lbers on NP are 33.99
Ah, 29.99 on bb dot com.

Quick Update:
8 scoops in today. Mixed one scoop of pb lipotropic with one scoop of some sh*tty protein from Wal-Mart (sixstar i think) and some creatine mono. At first the pb taste was pretty apparent, but after a while it wasn't as noticeable. I think the crappy protein I mixed with it really brought down the shake... I shoulda had a pure pb shake. I'm thinking some kind of smoothie tomorrow (well today) morning, we'll see what I can find to mix with it

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
That's correct, remember these flavors are all trial, and the 2lb tubs still have to be made. This was a very limited run basically to help us get the flavors right.

PhysiqueFreak

PhysiqueFreak

Awards
  • Established
im 8 or 9 scoops in... just a reminder to myself. I'll have an update coming tomorrow

PhysiqueFreak

PhysiqueFreak

Awards
  • Established
OK, I took a scoop today with me to my gf's work where she is the gm of this restaurant (wasn't open today for memorial day) and I decided to make a concoction. I used a little more than 1 cup of milk, 1 scoop of pb lipotropic protein, and half of a fudge brownie from the walk-in! Needless to say it was pretty amazing. It was very chocolately and very peanut butt..ery? The protein mixed well as always and (in blender btw) the brownie not so much, but I kind of liked the brownie chunks in there, it was def. something different. I may have to come back to the restaurant later today with some more protein and make some more shakes because there is a lot of stuff to work with, such as ghirardelli (sp?) squares, different flavored syrups, etc. Anyway, just wanted to shoot up a quick update, btw 9 scoops in

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OK, I took a scoop today with me to my gf's work where she is the gm of this restaurant (wasn't open today for memorial day) and I decided to make a concoction. I used a little more than 1 cup of milk, 1 scoop of pb lipotropic protein, and half of a fudge brownie from the walk-in! Needless to say it was pretty amazing. It was very chocolately and very peanut butt..ery? The protein mixed well as always and (in blender btw) the brownie not so much, but I kind of liked the brownie chunks in there, it was def. something different. I may have to come back to the restaurant later today with some more protein and make some more shakes because there is a lot of stuff to work with, such as ghirardelli (sp?) squares, different flavored syrups, etc. Anyway, just wanted to shoot up a quick update, btw 9 scoops in

That makes me want to go out and get the stuff to try one:)

PhysiqueFreak

PhysiqueFreak

Awards
  • Established
That makes me want to go out and get the stuff to try one:)
haha, i had sooo many options today and decided to go with the brownie... not the best choice diet wise, but it had to be tried. I guess you could find a nice healthy brownie mix and be set.