LG's PB Lipotropic Protein

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. dang i wish i could tried this stuff. LGS website always charged me huge shipping prices and i didnt get picked to log :/
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

2. very good feedback joebo, especially on the taste which ive heard extremes of amazing to your thought of it not tasting like pb, but being god nonetheless
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by joebo View Post
    Mixability with this new formula and the original I thought was top notch. No clumps whatsoever. Are you using a shaker or just a fork/spoon? I used to just use a fork and it would mix virutually perfectly
    funny... for the first time today, I used a spoon to mix it in a glass and was shocked to how well it mixed i had 0 clumps, only used one scoop though

4. Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    funny... for the first time today, I used a spoon to mix it in a glass and was shocked to how well it mixed i had 0 clumps, only used one scoop though
    I hate having to dirty so many shakers throughout the day. This is why I love this lipotropic protein so much. Just pour some water or milk in a cup and a few stirs with a fork and its mixed. I find a fork tends to "blend" it up a bit better than a spoon does though. Try that with whey and you will always have a clumpy mess.... My main complaint with this new stuff is its overly sweet. I'm gonna order a tub of the chocolate when it comes to NP and hopefully its not too much different from the previous versions.

5. Quote Originally Posted by joebo View Post
    I hate having to dirty so many shakers throughout the day. This is why I love this lipotropic protein so much. Just pour some water or milk in a cup and a few stirs with a fork and its mixed. I find a fork tends to "blend" it up a bit better than a spoon does though. Try that with whey and you will always have a clumpy mess.... My main complaint with this new stuff is its overly sweet. I'm gonna order a tub of the chocolate when it comes to NP and hopefully its not too much different from the previous versions.
    It is sweet, its a hit for some, and not a hit for others, and thats great to hear what you dont like about it, and value what you have to say
    Our New Chocolate should be in at the end of the month also..
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Gator Alum 03 View Post
    Gotta agree with Joebo here. This tastes nothing like PB to me either.
    Keep the feedback coming guys, this was released early to get feedback on this and make the changes that are needed.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Craigmatthew View Post
    Keep the feedback coming guys, this was released early to get feedback on this and make the changes that are needed.

Thats why we call it testing

8. Well..any update?

9. Well, I got a total of ~21 scoops out of the tub and to be completely honest the last couple servings made me feel almost sick from how sweet and funky tasting this stuff is. I think it seems so odd that some seem to think this tastes like pb and yet mine tastes nothing like it. I would HIGHLY recommend this goes back to the development stage to perfect the flavor and leave out some of the sweetners. I'm interested in trying the chocolate again, and really hope it didn't get overly sweet.

To sum it up:

Taste: I would not recommend this flavor really to anyone. Their chocolate is 200% better tasting in my eyes. I'm not sure if some settling occured, but the bottom half of the container tasted even sweeter and I had to actually choke it down. I give it about a 3 out of 10 on taste

Mixibility: Can't beat this stuff for mixibility. Mixes great, not clumps. 10 out of 10

Overall: I will give the chocolate a shot in hopes that didn't get grossly re-flavored. I'm pretty stocked up on ATW protein right now from the crazy sales, but if NP runs a super sale on this stuff, i'll pick up chocolate to try. I would recommend you steer clear of the PB flavor. Also, I got 10 less servings than listed on the container. Even at a great price, this would have me concerned.

10. Quote Originally Posted by joebo View Post
    Well, I got a total of ~21 scoops out of the tub and to be completely honest the last couple servings made me feel almost sick from how sweet and funky tasting this stuff is. I think it seems so odd that some seem to think this tastes like pb and yet mine tastes nothing like it. I would HIGHLY recommend this goes back to the development stage to perfect the flavor and leave out some of the sweetners. I'm interested in trying the chocolate again, and really hope it didn't get overly sweet.

To sum it up:

Taste: I would not recommend this flavor really to anyone. Their chocolate is 200% better tasting in my eyes. I'm not sure if some settling occured, but the bottom half of the container tasted even sweeter and I had to actually choke it down. I give it about a 3 out of 10 on taste

Mixibility: Can't beat this stuff for mixibility. Mixes great, not clumps. 10 out of 10

Overall: I will give the chocolate a shot in hopes that didn't get grossly re-flavored. I'm pretty stocked up on ATW protein right now from the crazy sales, but if NP runs a super sale on this stuff, i'll pick up chocolate to try. I would recommend you steer clear of the PB flavor. Also, I got 10 less servings than listed on the container. Even at a great price, this would have me concerned.
    Between me getting only 20 scoops out of mine and this protein tasting pretty much like dirt, I was pretty disappointed. Hopefully they do go back to perfect the flavor because I like the profile of this protein a lot.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Gator Alum 03 View Post
    Between me getting only 20 scoops out of mine and this protein tasting pretty much like dirt, I was pretty disappointed. Hopefully they do go back to perfect the flavor because I like the profile of this protein a lot.
    You really do never know the truth on these boards, but I find it very hard to believe that people are enjoying this stuff and not just brown-nosing since they got chosen as a tester. I pride myself in giving honest reviews, good or bad, and how people are comparing this to a butterfinger is simply astonishing to me. Other than the smell, I see no way to relate this to PB. Don't get me wrong though. I loved the original chocolate and vanilla. Not quite sure why those needed to get reformulated.

12. Thanks for giving us your honest feed back bro.. Sorry the taste was not a go with you.. It could be like anything else some people really like something some hate it.. Im that way to with a few things, I really think it does taste like butter finger , seriously , thanks for taking the time to log this

13. Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    Thanks for giving us your honest feed back bro.. Sorry the taste was not a go with you.. It could be like anything else some people really like something some hate it.. Im that way to with a few things, I really think it does taste like butter finger , seriously , thanks for taking the time to log this
    Any comment on the containers only containing roughly half of the labeled servings? Just curious about this and what will be done to remedy it.

14. Quote Originally Posted by joebo View Post
    Any comment on the containers only containing roughly half of the labeled servings? Just curious about this and what will be done to remedy it.
    I will try and find out...

15. Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    I will try and find out...
    Not that it is important to me since I received the product free, but I would imagine people who paid for it could possibly have reason to b1tch.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    Thanks for giving us your honest feed back bro.. Sorry the taste was not a go with you.. It could be like anything else some people really like something some hate it.. Im that way to with a few things, I really think it does taste like butter finger , seriously , thanks for taking the time to log this
    agreed, thanks for feedback man

17. yikes..........i want to try this protein but....

this doesnt sound too good LG...

18. Quote Originally Posted by ctAL View Post
    yikes..........i want to try this protein but....

this doesnt sound too good LG...
    People have different tastes man, some love it, some don't.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Craigmatthew View Post
    People have different tastes man, some love it, some don't.
    True. I loved the original vanilla when many didn't. Each to their own...
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

20. I'll open one up and test it out to see why the serving is off...maybe settling? I will check it out. I really like the taste but read the post about the protein, it isn't entirely hard to believe that different tubs taste different. We had to dump two companies because of inconsistent taste with their proteins. The new version is going to be a blend of Genus, Whey Concentrate, Whey Isolate, Egg and Micellar Casein...

21. Quote Originally Posted by LegalGear View Post
    I'll open one up and test it out to see why the serving is off...maybe settling? I will check it out. I really like the taste but read the post about the protein, it isn't entirely hard to believe that different tubs taste different. We had to dump two companies because of inconsistent taste with their proteins. The new version is going to be a blend of Genus, Whey Concentrate, Whey Isolate, Egg and Micellar Casein...
    Interesting Eric, keep us updated!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lipotropic protein....no more
    By justiceTX in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-06-2011, 05:43 PM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-23-2010, 12:19 AM
  3. LG Lipotropic Protein
    By p5sky in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 2