My First Log: Blue Gene/Blue Up

Agent Orange

Agent Orange

Awards
This is going to be my first official log ever. I’ve been a lurker on AM for a long time and have found a lot of inspiration and information by following other people’s logs. I will be logging Blue Gene, Blue Up with Purple Wraath and White Flood for 2 months! I’ve only previously used white flood and purple wraath and LOVED them both. I’m very excited about trying Blue Gene and Blue Up. I know there are a lot of other Blue Gene/Blue Up logs on here already and they were all very nicely done and informative. This log is more selfish because I think that logging online will be a great motivator to help me stick to it. I usually get going pretty well and stray off eventually. I’d like to have a strict diet and exercise regiment for a few months. So this log will not only have information on the supplements and their effects but also on the mental aspect of running a log. Hopefully this will be a big step in the right direction for me personally and maybe if I can show how productive a log is, after months of lurking, then other lurkers will decide to start their own logs.

Here’s a brief summary of the diet and workouts

Diet: 5-6 meals a day (high protein always, low –moderate carbs) Calories: Play by ear
Supplements first month: Blue Gene, PW, WF, Fish Oil, Multi-V and ON protein pwdr
Beverages: Coffee(always), 1-1.5 gallons of water every day!, Orange Juice and that’s it!

Workouts: 5 days a week lifting hitting different muscles, Cardio 5-6 days a week. Mostly HIIT Cardio either on the treadmill or elliptical. I might sprinkle fasted cardio throughout.

Stats: 5’9 158 right now BF% unknown at the moment
My goal is to target a few areas such as my stomach and around my love handles. I’d like to tone those areas up and lose the fat for summer. I’d also like to slightly increase strength but for right now my main concern is to not lose any strength since I’m not bulking.

The only other thing I can add right now is that a placebo affect happening will not be an issue with me. I’m so jaded by supplements that I have the attitude that their guilty until proven innocent. Everything I’ve used from Controlled Labs in the past has been great and they are one of the few companies I trust. I promise I’ll give you a very honest assessment about the products.

Alright wish me luck and I welcome all criticisms, ideas, information and support!

Agent Orange

Agent Orange

Awards

This is what I had for supps yesterday. Blue Up and White Flood should be arriving today hopefully. Did 20 Minutes fasted HIIT Cardio on the treadmill in the morning with 2 scoops of Purple Wraath. Afterwards I was sweating like a madman. PW is by far my favorite supplement to date. Great stuff and endurance is through the roof. I've been using it for the last month taking 1-2 scoops before every workout.

After work I hit the gym again to work on the arms. To my surprise the gym was completely empty which IMO is awesome. I think it has to do with the fear of getting swine flu. I know that sounds crazy but people around Texas are really starting to flip out about it. Alright here’s the skinny. Took 5 Blue Genes and scoop of PW before.

Exercises:
Hammer Curls 3 sets of 10, EZ Bar Curls 3 sets of 10, Closed Grip EZ Bar Curls, Concentration Curls 4 sets of 10

Pretty good work out especially considering it was after work. I’m usually most tired after work which is why I try to lift during my lunch break. I only got 5 meals in today because work was busy. I usually try to get one in between lunch and when I get off work.

Morning: 2 scrambled eggs with cheese and whole grain toast
Mid morning: ½ cup of oats with 1 tsp of natural peanut butter and protein powder
Lunch: chicken breast salad with a piece of whole grain bread
After workout: Protein Shake with milk/bananas
Before Bed: 1 cup of cottage cheese FTW!
Back and Leg Day tmrw

Soundtrack for the gym:

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Good to see you starting a log, it helps motivate. Lets see some results! Controleld Labs has some solit products, I thinks your gona be quite happy.

Agent Orange

Agent Orange

Awards
Thanks Bro! So far so good with the purple wraath. I can't wait to add White Flood into the mix.

Agent Orange

Agent Orange

Awards
Day 3

Day 2 was yesterday and it was greatness. Still had the gym all to myself! Took 5 blue gene and 2 scoops of PW. Blue Up came in later that evening. Still no sign of White Flood:raincloud:. Well I did back and shoulders and afterwards 40 minutes of cardio. Back and shoulders went great and the cardio took every ounce of strength I had left to finish. It was allsome!

When I first started with the PW I was sweating like crazy afterwards and had the tingles. These effects lasted the first month or so but I've gotten used to it by now. Man yesterday I was really sweating a lot! I am not complaining because I like the feeling. Anyways here's a picture about 15 minutes afterwards. My undershirt was completely soaked! The only drawback to this sweating is when I work out on my lunch break because I still sweat when I'm back at work. Besides that it's great.

On a side note I'll have before and after pics at the end. I also learned that erin andrews will be in the new NCAA 2010 which I'm really looking forward to. So for moral purposes.

Sound Track: Boston's Finest!

Agent Orange

Agent Orange

Awards
good tunes
Thank you sir. Comeback Kid is especially good for the gym.

Yesterday was leg day and I also did a few ab exercises such as weighted situps and the plank. Took 5 blue gene and 2 blue up, and 2 scoops of PW. I did the usual and even squats(which I hate to do). I did about 30 minutes of HIIT cardio afterwards and hobbled back home. Today I feel like I should be using crutches at work. Good workout and it's too early to tell about the blue up/gene.

Today is an off day. I got my white flood in today so everything is in place now. I can't wait to throw white flood into the mix. I've already had a ton of energy and focus with PW and now with Blue up. It's going to be great. So far my diet has been clean and fairly consistent. I've been getting 5-6 meals a day spaced out at about 3 hour intervals. The meal spacing and control is especially hard to do over the weekend when there are countless temptations from junk food to alcohol! So far the log is looking to be a very usefull tool in regards to motivation!

Today: American Nightmare a.k.a. give up the ghost

Agent Orange

Agent Orange

Awards

Now it is complete. This Optimum Nutrition Chocolate Mint is the best tasting protein powder I've ever had by the way!

Agent Orange

Agent Orange

Awards
Day 5!

My first workout with all of the above supps was today at lunch and I was very impressed. I forgot how much I missed white flood and how good it taste when mixing it with PW! It kind of got me missing Green M a little too! Anyways today I worked arms bc the bench press was taken. I had a good but short arm workout because I got a pump really early today. My arms were as stiff as a board really quick into the workout. Oh weel it still felt great. I have been taking blue gene about 45 minutes before my workout and blue up about 30 minutes before my workout. Today I forgot to bring them to work to take them early before I left for lunch so I took them about 10 minutes before my workout. After my lifting I did some HIIT on the treadmill and it was allsome! I felt great and endurance and focus were spectacular.

As far as mental toughness goes the real test will be the upcoming weekend. I'm going to hang out with family and friends. We'll probably be eating some really good italian food so I'll have to be on my best behavior.:worried: So far the log has inspired me to stick to the regiment. I've been tempted with cheating a few times but didn't want to have to log it. I can see why you guys on here have been so successful with your diets. Of course it's early and the real judgement will be in the end.
Soundtrack to the Gym:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
You must be from Boston? DBD are my boys.

Good stack and nice log though.

Agent Orange

Agent Orange

Awards
You must be from Boston? DBD are my boys.

Good stack and nice log though.

Believe it or not I'm from Oklahoma but the boston hardcore scene is the best IMO. I got to see DBD when they came to Dallas last year and they were great. Thanks and this stack is great so far. I have feeling the blue gene and blue up will really kick in this week.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Believe it or not I'm from Oklahoma but the boston hardcore scene is the best IMO. I got to see DBD when they came to Dallas last year and they were great. Thanks and this stack is great so far. I have feeling the blue gene and blue up will really kick in this week.
Sweet to hear bro. I bet it will too, the other guys who logged the blue stack felt amazing...!

Agent Orange

Agent Orange

Awards
Day 6

Alright today was day 6 and I can definitely feel the blue stack kicking in. This morning I woke up and did 30 minutes cardio with 1 1/2 scoops of PW/WF. That went really well and I was dragging this morning at work afterwards. When lunch time rolled around I didn't have any energy to go to the gym or so I thought. Around 10:30 I took two blue up and at 11:20 I took 5 blue gene. I drank 2 scoops of White Flood and arrived at the gym at 12:00 for chest day and it went great! What was so noticeably different about it was the extra reps I could get in today that I wouldn't have had the energy to do before. There was a little extra in the tank today for sure. After Chest I ran a mile on the tread mill with an incline for kicks. I proceded to drink my PWO shake and now I'm sitting at work. I still feel great.

So far no side effects to report except the extra boost in the gym. The diet is still on track. I'm keeping calories around 1400-1800 at most. I'm cycling up and down with carbs and carbs always come from whole grains and mainly oats. Hopefully strength can continue to increase on such few calories. If strength continues to increase I'm definitely going to try and do a clean bulk with this blue stack when winter rolls around. Deuces

Soundtrack Today:

Agent Orange

Agent Orange

Awards
Day 7

Well yesterday I got up and did the usual morning cardio with 1.5 scoops of WF/PW. I was planning on that being it and doing back and legs today but I had too much energy when I got off work. I also had a tad bit of aggression throughout the day which was kinda nice actually. It was really nice when I got into the gym after work because I had a very intense and focused workout. I alternated between back exercises(pulldowns, Barbell rows, shoulder press) and leg exercises(squats, leg extensions, etc...). It was great. I did have a problem sleeping last night though. The past two nights I haven't went to sleep as easily as I would have liked to. I think I might take a few days off of the blue up, at least over this weekend. We'll see if that does the trick or not. Besides the sleep I'm loving this stack so far.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
In for this. You know I'm local if you need anything brotha!

Agent Orange

Agent Orange

Awards
In for this. You know I'm local if you need anything brotha!
I appreciate it bro! Just throw me a few of those ladies that are in your log and that should do! :lol5:

Today was another great workout! I ended up taking one blue up before along with the usual 5 blue gene and 2 scoops of white flood. I'm loving this stuff! I'm going out of town this weekend to visit family and friends so Saturday and Sunday will be off days. You guys try to stay out of trouble while I'm gone.

:wizard:

love2hateme

Awards
I appreciate it bro! Just throw me a few of those ladies that are in your log and that should do! :lol5:

Today was another great workout! I ended up taking one blue up before along with the usual 5 blue gene and 2 scoops of white flood. I'm loving this stuff! I'm going out of town this weekend to visit family and friends so Saturday and Sunday will be off days. You guys try to stay out of trouble while I'm gone.

:wizard:
Ya i got this thread bookmarked also, and really looking forward to updates. I actually just ordered BlueUp Stim Free and Blue Gene.. The only other supps I'll be using are Xtend(30mins pre workout), ON Whey(post workout).

Agent Orange

Agent Orange

Awards
Ya i got this thread bookmarked also, and really looking forward to updates. I actually just ordered BlueUp Stim Free and Blue Gene.. The only other supps I'll be using are Xtend(30mins pre workout), ON Whey(post workout).
Welcome aboard and I'm sure you're going to like the Blue stack. I also have the stim free version of blue up even though I meant to order the stimmed kind. Oh well its been working great.:wave2:

Agent Orange

Agent Orange

Awards
Day 8&9

Alright so the diet took a turn into really dangerously high carb territory this weekend!(went to favorite italian restaurant) But I'm back on track Monday and I'm kind of messing with the doses now. I posted that I had a fantastic workout Friday! That morning I actually took 5 blue gene and 1 blue up in the morning after my cardio workout. I went to work and on my lunch break 4 hours later I took a blue up and drank some WF. Not only did I have a ton of energy at work but my workout was great on my lunch break. Yesterday (monday) I took the blue stack 30 minutes before my workout on my lunch break and had a so/so workout but nothing like Friday. So today (tuesday) I woke up and did 35 minutes of cardio with 1 scoop of PW and 2 scoops of WF. Afterwards I drank a protein shake and took 5 blue gene and 1 blue up. I'm at work and feel great so far! In about 2 hours I'll hit the gym and I'll report back tomorrow how it goes. All I'm going to take preworkout today is 2 WF and 1 blue up since it worked so well the last time.

Soundtrack today!

love2hateme

Awards
Alright so the diet took a turn into really dangerously high carb territory this weekend!(went to favorite italian restaurant) But I'm back on track Monday and I'm kind of messing with the doses now. I posted that I had a fantastic workout Friday! That morning I actually took 5 blue gene and 1 blue up in the morning after my cardio workout. I went to work and on my lunch break 4 hours later I took a blue up and drank some WF. Not only did I have a ton of energy at work but my workout was great on my lunch break. Yesterday (monday) I took the blue stack 30 minutes before my workout on my lunch break and had a so/so workout but nothing like Friday. So today (tuesday) I woke up and did 35 minutes of cardio with 1 scoop of PW and 2 scoops of WF. Afterwards I drank a protein shake and took 5 blue gene and 1 blue up. I'm at work and feel great so far! In about 2 hours I'll hit the gym and I'll report back tomorrow how it goes. All I'm going to take preworkout today is 2 WF and 1 blue up since it worked so well the last time.
Sounds good, def keep us updated. Ya my Blue Stack order should be at my door step later this week hopefully. Also, I know its too early to ask if you've felt a difference, but are u feeling anything? And when you say you felt "great" what do you mean by that lol energy?

Im hopin Blue Up will give me some muscle growth a little quicker then, when working out without it.

Agent Orange

Agent Orange

Awards
Sounds good, def keep us updated. Ya my Blue Stack order should be at my door step later this week hopefully. Also, I know its too early to ask if you've felt a difference, but are u feeling anything? And when you say you felt "great" what do you mean by that lol energy?

Im hopin Blue Up will give me some muscle growth a little quicker then, when working out without it.
I think when you start the blue stack in about a week you'll see what I mean by feeling great. Lately when I've been lifting I've noticed a little bit extra in the tank. Where I'd normally stop at 8 reps I'll give it 10. It's an energy/aggression kind of thing. I definitely dig it and it defintiely is because of the blue stack.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
SUBB'D!

Good luck with the stack bro! I just got done logging this one myself and I loved it... so much Ill probably be buying more Blue Up... this stack leaned me out alot! Go check out the after pics in my log!

btw... first comeback kid kicks ass and 2nd reps for being an Okie! I was born in Tulsa

Keep up the good work!

Agent Orange

Agent Orange

Awards
SUBB'D!

Good luck with the stack bro! I just got done logging this one myself and I loved it... so much Ill probably be buying more Blue Up... this stack leaned me out alot! Go check out the after pics in my log!

btw... first comeback kid kicks ass and 2nd reps for being an Okie! I was born in Tulsa

Keep up the good work!
I just looked at your progress pics and just got more motivated/excited about this stack. You're right about the first comeback kid-turn it around! That cd is one of my all time favorites. I noticed you had a war of ages video on your log too. That's a fantastic band bro!

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
log looks good bro, i also am from oklahoma, my gf will be goin to osu next year, i unfortunately will be attending ou lol but its all good, i know a guy who lifts up at osu i think, his name is louis if im not mistake, u may know him but im sure there are a lot of louis's up there lol

Agent Orange

Agent Orange

Awards
log looks good bro, i also am from oklahoma, my gf will be goin to osu next year, i unfortunately will be attending ou lol but its all good, i know a guy who lifts up at osu i think, his name is louis if im not mistake, u may know him but im sure there are a lot of louis's up there lol
I guess your gf is the smart one then!:joke: I'm starting at OSU this summer. It's good to have some Oklahomans join along. Welcome aboard!

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
haha she pry is, osu def has the better parties lol but good luck with the log

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
I just looked at your progress pics and just got more motivated/excited about this stack. You're right about the first comeback kid-turn it around! That cd is one of my all time favorites. I noticed you had a war of ages video on your log too. That's a fantastic band bro!
Thanks bro, yeah i was very happy with my results! Id promote it any day... i lost 12 lbs with consistent exercise and a not to structured diet (didnt eat bad **** really though) and i would say i kept most if not all my muscle... trying to get a body comp this weekend if i can get ahold of the personal trainer who does it for me

good luck bro ill be watching your log

Agent Orange

Agent Orange

Awards
Back in the Game

Alright back to the log. You guys are definitely right about leaning out on this supp. According to my mirror I've lost a little BF% especially around my stomach. I have been going up in my calories actually and not intentionally. I've been hungry all the time but for the most part I've kept my diet clean. Yesterday I did legs and had a nice little run afterwards. When I got back to work I felt like I could barely walk. The intensity of my workouts has been great but what I'm most suprised at is my endurance. The endurance has really shot up since starting this stack.

Also on the supplement front I'm running low on PW and WF now. After these tubs I'm going to take a month off. After a month I'm planning on doing the PW and Green Mag again. Delicious!

I'm about to hit the gym today to do arms and will post tmrw!
Have a good Friday everyone!

These cd is greatness!

Agent Orange

Agent Orange

Awards
Alright

alright I have really slipped on keeping up with the log. However my workouts are still going good. My diet sucked over this last weekend but I picked it right back up. Right now I'm debating on rather to get some more blue gene for 2 months in a row. I still got about a weeks worth left. I'm completely out of white flood and PW! I was going to take a month off of the PW and just go all natural for the next month and then do another blue stack pw run. Any suggestions?

On another note did anyone else using this stack experience a rise(no pun intended) in libido? I have experienced this but I don't know whether to give the +1 to the stack or spring time. It's pretty normal to get a boost during spring time in my experience.

Well it's memorial day which means a lot of BBQ & Beer tempations out there. I better be on my best behavior! Good luck to everyone else as well

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I would go for another month of Blue GENE, as it's almost summer... hit it hard and buckle down fo rthe month. i would also pick up some PW. just me tho

Agent Orange

Agent Orange

Awards
Thanks Renegade you've twisted my arm! lol Everything has been going great. I resisted temptation at a few memorial day bbq's so it's all good. I've got about a few days left on the blue stack and I'll post a final review.

Renegade brought up a good point and since it is summer I'll probably do another month of this. Since it has been good at dropping some weight. I had a few soft spots especially around the love handles when I started. Those are hardening up! I still have a little fat in the stomach that I'm going to try and knock out in the next month or so but I've definitely lost a little fat there too.