My GAINS will be GOLDEN (Sponsered Log)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. tattoopierced1
    tattoopierced1's Avatar

    My GAINS will be GOLDEN (Sponsered Log)


    Want to give a big thank you to Controlled Labs for letting me log this new product Golden Gains.

    I'll be using this as the label directs for PWO, which will be replacing my current PWO shake of: 1% chocolate milk, 1 scoop whey protein, 1 scoop WMS.

    I've had great success with the above mentioned shake so I cant wait to compare Golden Gains to it.

    I'm very impressed with the macronutrient breakdown and ingredients in CL's new product, specifically the fruits and veggie complex.

    I will be starting this log on Thursday (4/30) as I received the Golden Gains yesterday in the mail, and had already mixed up a batch of my current PWO shake.

    First initial impression of the product is that it smells FANTASTIC. I enjoyed the flavor of Golden Finish, and the new flavor of Golden Gains is supposed to trump the GF flavor, so I cant wait.

    I will be giving feedback on recovery, taste, mixability, digestability (bloat etc..) on a 1-10 scale.

  2. tattoopierced1
    tattoopierced1's Avatar

    Final Review:

    Well, what can I say. Golden Gains is superb at totally wiping DOMS completely off the grid. As far as gains go, I stayed the same weight with the diet I had, which I am simply maintaining now to let my body adjust to weight I've put on this year, before going back to bulking.

    Taste of GGS is great, it is very easily mixed, and the profile looks nothing short of stellar. I'm digging the fruits and veggies in it, since I really dont get much of those in anyways.

    This stuff is top notch if you are looking at maximizing your training, because you can train more throughout the week (just be careful of overtraining) since you have literally no DOMS at all.

    I applaud Controlled Labs for coming out with a standout product and think more people need to take a good hard look at this product to add into their supplement arsenal. You wont be disappointed.

    Now off to NP to order up some more GGS!
    •   
       


  3. it is a solid supp, been using it since friday, soley as a post workout. Taste might take some time to get used to
    Mr. Supps Board Rep
  4. tattoopierced1
    tattoopierced1's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    it is a solid supp, been using it since friday, soley as a post workout. Taste might take some time to get used to
    it smells great, i cant imagine it tasting bad compared to the great smell it has, but I guess we'll see on Thursday. Cant wait to try this out, like I said, it has a great ingredient profile and I'm uber excited about it.

  5. Sub'd and excited
    I know you loved GFH -- I think youll love this even more
    •   
       


  6. most people on the other board are loving the taste, so I bet you will like it too

  7. less water is best-for me 12oz per 2 scoops worked real well. getting a nice boost after drinking.
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!
  8. tattoopierced1
    tattoopierced1's Avatar

    I will be doing an upper body routine today since it is a short week for me. I will do 2 exercises per upper body part consisting of chest, delts, tris, bis, and back

    Weight today is 240lbs

    I have 2 scoops of GG ready to go in my Blender Bottle which I will consume immediately post workout, mixed with water.
  9. UKStrength
    UKStrength's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    less water is best-for me 12oz per 2 scoops worked real well. getting a nice boost after drinking.
    Even with the WMS? I find I need more water to make it mix...maybe GG is special

  10. I have enjoyed my time thus far, just been finding some stomach discomfort
    Mr. Supps Board Rep
  11. tattoopierced1
    tattoopierced1's Avatar

    So yesterday was the first day of Golden Gains PWO. I need to drink more water as I was cramping up really bad during my workouts. My chest would cramp, back etc.. I think it is due to it being very humid now and sweating tons more. Other than that, the workout went well.

    Mixed in about 14oz of water into my 2 scoops of GG. It mixes very well with a few shakes in the blender bottle.

    Recovery: too soon to grade
    Taste: 8/10 The taste is very good, tastes like pie crust with a hint of apple
    Mixability: 8/10 It mixes very well, no clumping, but my ultimate comparison on mixability is EAS's protein, it mixes up better than anything, hence the 8/10 score.
    Digestability: 9/10 so far. Had no bloat or gas issues, will continue to monitor.

  12. So far, so good!
    Reminds me of apple pies from macdonalds if you've had those as a kid
    albeit much healthier
  13. tattoopierced1
    tattoopierced1's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    So far, so good!
    Reminds me of apple pies from macdonalds if you've had those as a kid
    albeit much healthier
    you know, it really does now that I think about it. I'm a big fan of the new flavor though, nothing is as good as pie crust with hints of the apple filling on it.

  14. Im in.....
    Gause institute member

    Need2slin designer.Product designer/ N2BM admin.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by UKStrength View Post
    Even with the WMS? I find I need more water to make it mix...maybe GG is special
    put the gg in my mixer cup, put 12oz water in and shake. there is a lot of chunky residue left on sides after drinking, but i add a little more water and chug. i like it much better with less water than more, just me.
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!
  16. tattoopierced1
    tattoopierced1's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    put the gg in my mixer cup, put 12oz water in and shake. there is a lot of chunky residue left on sides after drinking, but i add a little more water and chug. i like it much better with less water than more, just me.
    do you use a blender bottle? I put just a bit more water into mine and mine came out perfect.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by tattoopierced1 View Post
    do you use a blender bottle? I put just a bit more water into mine and mine came out perfect.
    yeah, a freebie from nutra,lol. i am not complaining, i like it just fine like that. you get any kind of boost/lift, after drinking?
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!
  18. tattoopierced1
    tattoopierced1's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    yeah, a freebie from nutra,lol. i am not complaining, i like it just fine like that. you get any kind of boost/lift, after drinking?
    havent noticed anything yet in regards to that.

    I bet if you'd switch over to the blender bottle, the clumps would go away, but I understand using the freebie stuff, I'd do the same thing

  19. Quote Originally Posted by tattoopierced1 View Post
    havent noticed anything yet in regards to that.

    I bet if you'd switch over to the blender bottle, the clumps would go away, but I understand using the freebie stuff, I'd do the same thing
    haha, yeah. nutra planet has been good to me. i have been getting a nice lift from gg since first dose. using it as a meal replacement at work, 8 hours into a 12 i drink the gg. last 4 go real nice. best meal replacement ive tried.
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!
  20. tattoopierced1
    tattoopierced1's Avatar

    Hit up legs yesterday, really killed it on every exercise. Smith Machine Squats, Hack Squats, Glute Ham Raises, Leg Curls (with a twist, had my friend pull against me the entire time so I had a constant strain against me), calf raises, and occlusive leg extensions.

    After the workout I drank the GG and I feel no DOMS today. That is very very odd because normally I have pretty significant DOMS after a day like that. So far, this is really shown to be a really good product. I've only taken 2 shakes so far, but the taste is excellent (it keeps growing on me) and after today waking up and not feeling DOMS it gets 2 thumbs up so far!

  21. Quote Originally Posted by tattoopierced1 View Post
    Hit up legs yesterday, really killed it on every exercise. Smith Machine Squats, Hack Squats, Glute Ham Raises, Leg Curls (with a twist, had my friend pull against me the entire time so I had a constant strain against me), calf raises, and occlusive leg extensions.

    After the workout I drank the GG and I feel no DOMS today. That is very very odd because normally I have pretty significant DOMS after a day like that. So far, this is really shown to be a really good product. I've only taken 2 shakes so far, but the taste is excellent (it keeps growing on me) and after today waking up and not feeling DOMS it gets 2 thumbs up so far!
    i feel the same way about the taste, it seems the more times i drink it the more i like it.
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!
  22. tattoopierced1
    tattoopierced1's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    i feel the same way about the taste, it seems the more times i drink it the more i like it.
    I enjoyed it right away, but it seems it just keeps getting better with each passing. Will be hitting back today so I'll update today's lift tomorrow so I can assess DOMS.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by tattoopierced1 View Post
    I enjoyed it right away, but it seems it just keeps getting better with each passing. Will be hitting back today so I'll update today's lift tomorrow so I can assess DOMS.
    good luck with the lift.
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

  24. Quote Originally Posted by tattoopierced1 View Post
    I enjoyed it right away, but it seems it just keeps getting better with each passing. Will be hitting back today so I'll update today's lift tomorrow so I can assess DOMS.
    for real!

  25. im in
    Gause institute member

    Need2slin designer.Product designer/ N2BM admin.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. My gains will stand the TREST of time!
    By mike33511 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 06-11-2017, 02:30 PM
  2. My gaining weight while looking good log
    By Inchamery in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 05:56 AM
  3. This will be my diet log..
    By Thaiclinch in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 05:38 PM
  4. Finally my cycle will be .. need some advices plz
    By MickeyMouse in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 10:23 AM
  5. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-15-2004, 01:25 AM
Log in
Log in