My GAINS will be GOLDEN (Sponsered Log)

tattoopierced1

Want to give a big thank you to Controlled Labs for letting me log this new product Golden Gains.

I'll be using this as the label directs for PWO, which will be replacing my current PWO shake of: 1% chocolate milk, 1 scoop whey protein, 1 scoop WMS.

I've had great success with the above mentioned shake so I cant wait to compare Golden Gains to it.

I'm very impressed with the macronutrient breakdown and ingredients in CL's new product, specifically the fruits and veggie complex.

I will be starting this log on Thursday (4/30) as I received the Golden Gains yesterday in the mail, and had already mixed up a batch of my current PWO shake.

First initial impression of the product is that it smells FANTASTIC. I enjoyed the flavor of Golden Finish, and the new flavor of Golden Gains is supposed to trump the GF flavor, so I cant wait.

I will be giving feedback on recovery, taste, mixability, digestability (bloat etc..) on a 1-10 scale.

tattoopierced1

Final Review:

Well, what can I say. Golden Gains is superb at totally wiping DOMS completely off the grid. As far as gains go, I stayed the same weight with the diet I had, which I am simply maintaining now to let my body adjust to weight I've put on this year, before going back to bulking.

Taste of GGS is great, it is very easily mixed, and the profile looks nothing short of stellar. I'm digging the fruits and veggies in it, since I really dont get much of those in anyways.

This stuff is top notch if you are looking at maximizing your training, because you can train more throughout the week (just be careful of overtraining) since you have literally no DOMS at all.

I applaud Controlled Labs for coming out with a standout product and think more people need to take a good hard look at this product to add into their supplement arsenal. You wont be disappointed.

Now off to NP to order up some more GGS!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it is a solid supp, been using it since friday, soley as a post workout. Taste might take some time to get used to

tattoopierced1

it is a solid supp, been using it since friday, soley as a post workout. Taste might take some time to get used to
it smells great, i cant imagine it tasting bad compared to the great smell it has, but I guess we'll see on Thursday. Cant wait to try this out, like I said, it has a great ingredient profile and I'm uber excited about it.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Sub'd and excited :D
I know you loved GFH -- I think youll love this even more :D

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
less water is best-for me 12oz per 2 scoops worked real well. getting a nice boost after drinking.

tattoopierced1

I will be doing an upper body routine today since it is a short week for me. I will do 2 exercises per upper body part consisting of chest, delts, tris, bis, and back

Weight today is 240lbs

I have 2 scoops of GG ready to go in my Blender Bottle which I will consume immediately post workout, mixed with water.

UKStrength

less water is best-for me 12oz per 2 scoops worked real well. getting a nice boost after drinking.
Even with the WMS? I find I need more water to make it mix...maybe GG is special :)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have enjoyed my time thus far, just been finding some stomach discomfort

tattoopierced1

So yesterday was the first day of Golden Gains PWO. I need to drink more water as I was cramping up really bad during my workouts. My chest would cramp, back etc.. I think it is due to it being very humid now and sweating tons more. Other than that, the workout went well.

Mixed in about 14oz of water into my 2 scoops of GG. It mixes very well with a few shakes in the blender bottle.

Recovery: too soon to grade
Taste: 8/10 The taste is very good, tastes like pie crust with a hint of apple
Mixability: 8/10 It mixes very well, no clumping, but my ultimate comparison on mixability is EAS's protein, it mixes up better than anything, hence the 8/10 score.
Digestability: 9/10 so far. Had no bloat or gas issues, will continue to monitor.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
So far, so good!
Reminds me of apple pies from macdonalds if you've had those as a kid
albeit much healthier

tattoopierced1

So far, so good!
Reminds me of apple pies from macdonalds if you've had those as a kid
albeit much healthier
you know, it really does now that I think about it. I'm a big fan of the new flavor though, nothing is as good as pie crust with hints of the apple filling on it.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Im in.....

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Even with the WMS? I find I need more water to make it mix...maybe GG is special :)
put the gg in my mixer cup, put 12oz water in and shake. there is a lot of chunky residue left on sides after drinking, but i add a little more water and chug. i like it much better with less water than more, just me.

tattoopierced1

put the gg in my mixer cup, put 12oz water in and shake. there is a lot of chunky residue left on sides after drinking, but i add a little more water and chug. i like it much better with less water than more, just me.
do you use a blender bottle? I put just a bit more water into mine and mine came out perfect.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
do you use a blender bottle? I put just a bit more water into mine and mine came out perfect.
yeah, a freebie from nutra,lol. i am not complaining, i like it just fine like that. you get any kind of boost/lift, after drinking?

tattoopierced1

yeah, a freebie from nutra,lol. i am not complaining, i like it just fine like that. you get any kind of boost/lift, after drinking?
havent noticed anything yet in regards to that.

I bet if you'd switch over to the blender bottle, the clumps would go away, but I understand using the freebie stuff, I'd do the same thing ;)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
havent noticed anything yet in regards to that.

I bet if you'd switch over to the blender bottle, the clumps would go away, but I understand using the freebie stuff, I'd do the same thing ;)
haha, yeah. nutra planet has been good to me. i have been getting a nice lift from gg since first dose. using it as a meal replacement at work, 8 hours into a 12 i drink the gg. last 4 go real nice. best meal replacement ive tried.

tattoopierced1

Hit up legs yesterday, really killed it on every exercise. Smith Machine Squats, Hack Squats, Glute Ham Raises, Leg Curls (with a twist, had my friend pull against me the entire time so I had a constant strain against me), calf raises, and occlusive leg extensions.

After the workout I drank the GG and I feel no DOMS today. That is very very odd because normally I have pretty significant DOMS after a day like that. So far, this is really shown to be a really good product. I've only taken 2 shakes so far, but the taste is excellent (it keeps growing on me) and after today waking up and not feeling DOMS it gets 2 thumbs up so far!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hit up legs yesterday, really killed it on every exercise. Smith Machine Squats, Hack Squats, Glute Ham Raises, Leg Curls (with a twist, had my friend pull against me the entire time so I had a constant strain against me), calf raises, and occlusive leg extensions.

After the workout I drank the GG and I feel no DOMS today. That is very very odd because normally I have pretty significant DOMS after a day like that. So far, this is really shown to be a really good product. I've only taken 2 shakes so far, but the taste is excellent (it keeps growing on me) and after today waking up and not feeling DOMS it gets 2 thumbs up so far!
i feel the same way about the taste, it seems the more times i drink it the more i like it.

tattoopierced1

i feel the same way about the taste, it seems the more times i drink it the more i like it.
I enjoyed it right away, but it seems it just keeps getting better with each passing. Will be hitting back today so I'll update today's lift tomorrow so I can assess DOMS.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I enjoyed it right away, but it seems it just keeps getting better with each passing. Will be hitting back today so I'll update today's lift tomorrow so I can assess DOMS.
good luck with the lift.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
for real! :hitit:

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
im in

tattoopierced1

Did back yesterday, felt great and the big news is the 475lb deadlift. After the workout I pounded down the GG and then went outside to help critique my workout partner form on flipping the tire. He was having trouble getting it, so I step in to show him how, but forget to put my lifting belt on (big mistake) halfway through lifting it up, I tweak my spinal erector on my right side in my back. I drop to the ground and know I screwed up really bad. Today my back is sore as hell, not from working out, but from pulling something in my lower back. It is hard to even sit, and sleeping was almost non existant last night. I am taking some darvocet and percoset pain pills just to get me through work, but they are not doing much. Today is an off day (Thank God) and I'm hoping by tomorrow my back will be better, however at this point, it is painful to even sit here and type. What was the lessen learned here.. dont flip a 900lb tire without a lifting belt. I've done it once before without a belt, but it isnt something I do regularly for fear of an incident like this.. This will not happen again I know that much.

tattoopierced1

Hit the gym yesterday even though I could barely put my shoes on because of my pulled back muscle. Did chest because I figure I wouldnt be putting any weight directly on my back and it would probably be the safest muscle group to work. I went a bit lighter than normal just in case, but overall everything went very well.

3 sets decline barbell
3 sets incline barbell
3 sets incline db flyes
1 set pushups
1 90 second db static hold

Downed the GGS and my chest feels great today, as all other body parts (shy the pulled back muscle). This is the one consistent thing I've noticed, is DOMS are virtually non existent with this stuff!

tattoopierced1

Friday's workout was very good considering my back still giving me fits. Hit bi/tri's hard and had some hellacious pumps going on. Didnt notice any soreness the next day which I can attribute to GGS, as this seems to be an ongoing thing, it pretty much eliminating DOMS. Saturday and Sunday was off days except for helping a buddy of mine pour a 18x20 concrete pad for his son to have a basketball court to play on, got major sunburn, but we got it done so his son would be surprised when he got back from North Carolina.

Today is legs, the back is still kinda sore, so we shall see how squats go.

tattoopierced1

Hit up legs yesterday, but stayed away from hamstring exercises as my back is bothering me still.. it actually wasnt too smart of me to do squats, but hey, i have crap for legs and they gotta grow, so i have to do what i have to do..right? lol

I used some 25lb plates to put my heels on when doing squats, moves everything to focus more on your quads. Worked up to 315lbs and boy is my lower back feeling it today, and here it was getting better. Its not as bad as last week, but a step back for sure. Moved on to hack squats, calf raises, seated calf raises, and occlusive leg extensions. My workout partner was about ready to throw up after this, so it was a good workout.

Took the GGS right after the workout, and there is little to no soreness at all in my legs.. its odd, almost like you didnt even workout because there is no DOMS like normal. I'm really digging this stuff.

tattoopierced1

Yesterday was back/shoulders and threw in a rest pause set of quads on the leg extension.

Strength was good on all exercises, standouts were the 100lb db shoulder presses and lat pulldown with the stack. Still battling my lower back injury, but I'm pushing onward while being careful.

GGS is amazing so far, I can kill myself in the gym, and not have to worry about DOMS, this is a huge plus on leg day as I havent been hobbling the days after since the beginning of this log (yay!)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hit up legs yesterday, but stayed away from hamstring exercises as my back is bothering me still.. it actually wasnt too smart of me to do squats, but hey, i have crap for legs and they gotta grow, so i have to do what i have to do..right? lol

I used some 25lb plates to put my heels on when doing squats, moves everything to focus more on your quads. Worked up to 315lbs and boy is my lower back feeling it today, and here it was getting better. Its not as bad as last week, but a step back for sure. Moved on to hack squats, calf raises, seated calf raises, and occlusive leg extensions. My workout partner was about ready to throw up after this, so it was a good workout.

Took the GGS right after the workout, and there is little to no soreness at all in my legs.. its odd, almost like you didnt even workout because there is no DOMS like normal. I'm really digging this stuff.
the recovery is unreal on this stuff, i am on 2nd jug. it keeps getting better.

tattoopierced1

the recovery is unreal on this stuff, i am on 2nd jug. it keeps getting better.
its going to be interesting to see how DOMS are once the bottle is gone... Might feel like the first couple of weeks I ever started working out again lol!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
its going to be interesting to see how DOMS are once the bottle is gone... Might feel like the first couple of weeks I ever started working out again lol!
ONE SOLUTION DOES COME TO MIND...:dunno:

tattoopierced1

ONE SOLUTION DOES COME TO MIND...:dunno:
Oh, I plan on continuing GGS, but I want to see what it is like without it for a few weeks because it really is unreal when you really kill yourself in the gym and are not sore the next day.. freaky!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh, I plan on continuing GGS, but I want to see what it is like without it for a few weeks because it really is unreal when you really kill yourself in the gym and are not sore the next day.. freaky!
that's a thrill i am willing to do without ,lol. i like ggs too much to quit now. i feel long term benefit's will be well worth it.

tattoopierced1

yesterday was my last day of GGS, hit up legs extremely hard. Stayed away from hamstring exercises as my back is still jacked up from 2 weeks ago, so I focused on calves and quads. Squats with heels on 25lb plates (focuses more on the quads when doing this), reverse hack squats, 4 minute calf raises (hellacious), and did rest pause leg extensions. Still not sore today, needless to say, Golden Gains is simply amazing at annihilating DOMS completely.