Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i am on a xtren/formestane cycle and working a lot of 12 hour shifts in a box factory-very hot/physical work. don't get a lot of time for meals so i drink a ton of protein shakes in my 64oz cots mug. i know cl recommends golden gains as a post-workout but i am using it as a meal replacement, i like the added fruits and veggies. i will continue to drink the protein, and at 3 am i will add 3 scoops of golden gains. what i hope to get is more energy, endurance, recomp and strength. i am current on day 13 of cycle and up 7-8 pounds. i hope to see/feel a significant difference after 1 jug-this stuff ain't cheap. if it lives up to my expectations i plan to use this all summer.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
first impressions- i admit to being disappointed in taste, was looking for it to be more sweet tasting and flavorful, also i put the powder in a shaker cup and mixed it up then added it to my 64oz mug. mixability wasn't very good and it was very gritty. now for the good part, after i started drinking i felt less hungry and drained. after i finished i felt a natural energy different than stims, fatique just wasn't there as much. i finished out the last 4 hours in a good mood and feeling full and satisfied. this is good for something with just 300 cals. i feel like my nutrition is going to be much improved with golden gains, the somewhat lack of taste,imo + the grittyness is due to all the stuff they pack in this complete meal replacement. to me the taste is like unsweetned fruit juice, not bad just not what i had expected. now to see what the next couple of weeks will bring on golden gains.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
3 scoops ??? The serving size is two just so you know!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
3 scoops ??? The serving size is two just so you know!
i think 2 scoops will be good enough, i didn't pack any other food to eat but my protein shakes. first time out i just wanted to be sure i wasn't caught feeling like i was starving. i burn a lot of cals in a12 hour shift, i drank the golden gains at 8 hours in with 4 to go and felt very good after drinking. my first time impression is good. a lot of good nutrition in just 300 cals. i can see this curbing my urge for a quick fix of empty calorie carbs. i have the feeling i am going to see/feel some nice improvements on this jug.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2 scoops is more than sufficient

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i agree 2 scoops will do, but protein shakes and golden gains is all i packed for a 12 hour shift in a hot factory. don't blame me for trying to cover the bases. the good news is it seems to be very effective, got a real decent boost after drinking the golden gains. i think this is going to work out real well for me. question-how many servings of fruit and veggies is in 2 scoops? i like the idea of getting the essentials in a convenient drink. i am not bothered by the mixability and bland taste, quick complete nutrition is my goal.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
sorry didn't mean to go against the program. i just thought that 3 scoops drank over a hours time, after 8 hours in a hot factory with 4 more hours to go sounded reasonable. anyways i went with 2 scoops last night and added less water, it tasted much better with less water. still felt that boost or lift after drinking, but didn't feel as full or satisfied as with 3 scoops. btw it was hot as hell at work and dropped 4 pounds-while on cycle. mostly water and i will gain it back when hydrated, but you can see why i am interested in this product.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
a serving (2 scoops) is 3 veggie/fruits worth of nutrients approx.

also, did you add 64 ounces of water? (if so, that is why it wasnt sweet, as you should be using around 24 ounces)
i think i got off to bad start, i really like the boost of energy i get from this plus it blunts my cravings for empty cal junk like snickers bars,lol. and yes i tried it with less water last night and liked it a lot better. what do you recommend as a protocal for my situation? i am using the golden gains along with syntha-6 as my source of cals/nutrition for the entire shift. i volunteered to log this because i am interested in this long term, even if i have to use 2 servings per shift this would still be cost effective for me. i am getting a definitive boost after drinking, good stuff so far.

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

PROnom 23.... NOM NOM NOM
Awards
  • Established
i think i got off to bad start, i really like the boost of energy i get from this plus it blunts my cravings for empty cal junk like snickers bars,lol. and yes i tried it with less water last night and liked it a lot better. what do you recommend as a protocal for my situation? i am using the golden gains along with syntha-6 as my source of cals/nutrition for the entire shift. i volunteered to log this because i am interested in this long term, even if i have to use 2 servings per shift this would still be cost effective for me. i am getting a definitive boost after drinking, good stuff so far.
for the log it should be used postworkout. how much water did you use each time?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
for the log it should be used postworkout. how much water did you use each time?
i am using 12 oz and it is much better. i was using too much water. i was expecting to be able to use this as a meal replacement. the write up said postworkout or meal replacement. i am liking it, so far.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i continue to get a nice boost after drinking this, i feel my nutrition has been improved a lot over just protein bars or shakes at work. felt good for last part of my shift after drinking. btw-i will be going to gym sometime this weekend probably tomorrow, and will use it for postworkout. been a long week going to catch up on sleep/rest today.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use about 24oz and that has helped. Any more IMO it becomes too watered down

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I use about 24oz and that has helped. Any more IMO it becomes too watered down
i think everyone will have to adjust to their taste, for me 12oz is best. i feel my diet regimine at work has been vastly improved since starting this, i get some real pep after drinking and rest of shift goes better. this might just be best meal replacement that i have tried.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
had a great workout and drank 2 scoops of golden gains in 12oz of water post workout. felt real good. made it home and had my post workout meal without feeling like i was starving. sitting around watching 24 on dvd and feeling very relaxed and muscles are swole.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear bigt.

Seems like you've found the 'sweet spot'!!! :D

You like the taste?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Good to hear bigt.

Seems like you've found the 'sweet spot'!!! :D

You like the taste?
yes, ive grown to really like it. didn't care for it too much at first- had too much water in it. 2 scoops + 12 oz of water is how i like it. i am enjoying this and i am going to buy another jug on fri. i found it to be good as a post workout drink, but it is the best meal replacement ive tried, and for me this is where golden gains really shines. i feel better/healthier since ive been using it for meal replacement at work, something in this stuff really agrees with me.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
same here. i seem to be craving it with meals even too.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
same here. i seem to be craving it with meals even too.
i know that controlled labs was a little upset with me using golden gains as a meal replacement, but i was looking for something to boost my nutrition on long 12 hour shifts-i was using protein shakes and bars before. this stuff has given me a boost in energy and well being just in the short time i have been using it. i plan on using as a a staple in my diet, must be the 3 servings of fruit/veggies in it. i am very happy with golden gains, and have told some of my co-workers about it. btw it also curbs my craving for empty carbs and fats.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
i know that controlled labs was a little upset with me using golden gains as a meal replacement, but i was looking for something to boost my nutrition on long 12 hour shifts-i was using protein shakes and bars before. this stuff has given me a boost in energy and well being just in the short time i have been using it. i plan on using as a a staple in my diet, must be the 3 servings of fruit/veggies in it. i am very happy with golden gains, and have told some of my co-workers about it. btw it also curbs my craving for empty carbs and fats.
Not upset at all. :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Not upset at all. :)
that is good news, once i read the write up i was convinced to try this. i realize the price isn't cheap but for the benefit's i have received i feel it's worth it. i highly recommend this-another quality product from a quality company. like i said i am buying more!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
another thing i have found with golden gains is how well it curbs my cravings for junk, i have really cleaned up my diet since starting this. replacing a meal with golden gains is not only healthy but i really feel full. i know golden gains was designed to be a post workout drink but imo, it would be great on a cut. i am finding golden gains to be much more versatile than merely a post workout drink. with 3 servings of fruits/veggies it is proving to be GOLDEN.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
another thing i have found with golden gains is how well it curbs my cravings for junk, i have really cleaned up my diet since starting this. replacing a meal with golden gains is not only healthy but i really feel full. i know golden gains was designed to be a post workout drink but imo, it would be great on a cut. i am finding golden gains to be much more versatile than merely a post workout drink. with 3 servings of fruits/veggies it is proving to be GOLDEN.
Same here. Sometimes I'll blend some up with some more fruit, and a scoop of sherbert... fills me up quite nicely :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Same here. Sometimes I'll blend some up with some more fruit, and a scoop of sherbert... fills me up quite nicely :)
even on reduced cals, you could be assured of meeting nutritional needs. i can't think of a better use of 300 cals. everyone worry's about losing muscle mass when cutting, i really believe golden gains could play a big role in this. i which i would have had this during my knee rehab. just calling golden gains a post workout drink is really limiting a very versatile supplement, imo. not to say it isn't a great post workout,lol.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
final review of controlled labs golden gains-well my jug is getting close to empty so i ordered another one. enough said, i like it enough that i spent my own money to stay on it. i will stay on this until someone makes something better-so far no one has. imo, the nutritional profile is unsurpassed at supplying a complete meal replacement. if you are ever in a hurry and don't have time for a complete meal, i recommend you try the golden gains. 3 servings of fruit/veggies, you aren't going to get that from a protein shake or bar.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
final review of controlled labs golden gains-well my jug is getting close to empty so i ordered another one. enough said, i like it enough that i spent my own money to stay on it. i will stay on this until someone makes something better-so far no one has. imo, the nutritional profile is unsurpassed at supplying a complete meal replacement. if you are ever in a hurry and don't have time for a complete meal, i recommend you try the golden gains. 3 servings of fruit/veggies, you aren't going to get that from a protein shake or bar.
I'm really glad you liked it so much. We struck 'gold' with this one I believe... I'm noticing really good fullness and recovery as well as enjoying my post workout shake (rare!)