An Overdue Review of Universal Intra-Aid

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Intra-Workout Nutrition.

Often times it's something that's overlooked by your fair weather gym goer. Your gym rats will tell you of their 'go juice' concoction which usually consists of something as simple as a Gatorade or a complex mix of BCAAs, Carbs, and perhaps creatine to help them through their workouts. Some people will tell you that since they're in and out in under an hour they don't need to waste time drinking anything while their in the gym, and that's fine. But if you're in their for more than an hour, and you don't want to do more harm than good, you may want to look towards intra-workout supplementation. They can help to increase endurance, keep you anabolic during a workout, and help to have the latter half of your workout as explosive as the first half.

Recently the market for intra-workout supplementation has really gotten competitive. One stands out against the rest, Intra-Aid from Universal.

I was given the opportunity to try Intra-Aid out while I was doing a 9 week power lifting routine. This routine required me to be in the gym 3 days a week for 2-3 hours a day. I don't mind telling you that this would have been a very detrimental 2 and a half months were it not for Intra-Aid.

Intra-Aid has 10g carbs, coming from Maltodextrin, D-Glucose, Waxy Maize. All of those are carbs that your body can use to support your muscles, instead of your body sending them to your liver to keep him charged up. Because of the duration of my workouts, I added between 30 and 60g of additional Waxy Maize to the product depending on if it was a Squat day or a dreaded Deadlift day. Can you imagine, over an hour of Deadlifting?

Intra-Aid also provides 10g of amino acids. The top 5 being Beta-Alanine, Taurine, and BCAAs. These suckers keep the endurance high and keep the lactic acid low.

With Intra-Aid, and a dedicated powerlifting routine, I was able to increase my 1RM bench press from 250lb to 300lb in just 9 weeks.

Oh yeah, and blue raspberry is the greatest bit of flavoring that any company has ever developed. If you want SilentBob to like the way something tastes, make it blue raspberry.

9/10

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Very nice and solid review. Glad to see this! That's a BIG increase. The results of hard work paying off my man.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Solid review brother and congrats on the PR...