Trinitine the new creatine (Unsponsored Log)

TSB4me

TSB4me

Awards
  • Established
OK , it's been awhile since I've done a log and I haven't seen much feedback on this new creatine. Time to give something back to the forum.

Background :
If any of you checked out my supercissus log from a few years back you will know that I have been lifting since I was 19yrs old.Spent a few years powerlifting and over the years have tried many different supplements.

Goals:
I've always got great results from good old creatine monohydrate. Nice strength increases,slight increase in body weight and usually an increase in endurance.This is what I'll be looking for from the Trinitine.

Diet:
Diet is usually very clean and about 3500-4000cal a day.6 meals a day consisting of 40% protein,30% carbs, 30% good fats & oils.Weekends I sometimes fall off the wagon diet wise but generally not to bad.For this log my diet will remain the same.

Current Stats:
Weight:220
Height:5'8"
Chest:48"
Shoulders:55"
L Arm:17.5"
R Arm:17"
Stomach:36.5"
L leg:25"
R Leg:26"
Calves:16" both.

These are measurements were done tonight.

Training:
Mon: chest & bicep
Wed: Legs & calves
Fri: back & tricep
Sat: shoulders

Currently in the 3rd week of a GVT program. Good old 10 sets of 10 reps.
Most importantly no injuries at this stage.

Supplements being used:
Omega 3 fish oil at 8g/d
Co-Q10 150mg/d
CLA 4.8g/d
Chromium 400ug/d
Vit C 1g/d
Magnesium 400mg/d
Red Yeast Rice 1200mg/d
Niacin 500mg/d
Vit D3 1000iu/d
Bulk Super cissus 3g/non training days , 4.5g training days
Whey Protein

Tomorrow will be my first day of the Trinitine.
Cheers

TSB4me

TSB4me

Awards
  • Established
Thanks UKStrength.

I've tried most of the different creatines and can honestly say that for me the most effective one has always been the creatine monohydrate.

UKStrength

Thanks UKStrength.

I've tried most of the different creatines and can honestly say that for me the most effective one has always been the creatine monohydrate.
I agree mate. CEE or any other creatine did nothing for me so I'll be interested to see how these compare...

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck man! I have a bottle of this and Ultima that I will log in May.

TSB4me

TSB4me

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Steveo & Bolt

Today was my first dose. Took 3 caps about 45mins before I trained.
Not expecting much in the first week.
Anyway today was shoulders & cardio and had a fairly good workout considering I haven't trained shoulders for about 10days.(Easter holiday)

Seated BB presses : 120 x 8 x 2 , 140 x 6 x 2
Side DB raises : 28 x 10 , 36 x 10 , 44 x 8 (form not to flash on this set)
Rear delt Mac : 105 x 10 , 120 x 10 , 135 x 10

Even though I'm training GVT I'm only doing the 10 sets of 10 on Bench , Squat and Bent rows. I'm finding that my body is so sore I think it would be counter productive to hit the smaller body parts the same way.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have never done the 10x10 scheme before...it seems tough to me! Ha I will probably get around to trying it one day or another...thats the great thing about lifting there are so many different workout schemes to try! :)

TSB4me

TSB4me

Awards
  • Established
I find the 10 sets of squats the hardest. First 2 weeks I felt like puking and had to finish the workouts early. :puke:

Only managed 7 sets first week and also had to drop the weights right back.

Even today my legs are still sore from Wednesdays squat workout.

UKStrength

GVT is brutal. Try it for arms, you'll enjoy a new meaning of soreness ;)

TSB4me

TSB4me

Awards
  • Established
Day 3

Firstly had a good weekend, ate clean meals. Amazing what a log can do to motivate you along.

Tonight Monday: Chest & Biceps

Bench : 220 x 10 for 7 sets , 220 x 8 , 220 x 7 , 220 x 6
Decline DB : 102lb x 8 , 102lb x 6 , 88lb x 8
Incline flys: 35lb x 10 x 2 SS with chest dips BWT x 8 x2

Hammer curls : 52lb x 10 , 62lb x 10 , 66lb x 8
Preacher Mac : 22lb x 10 , 26lb x 6 , 22lb x 8 , 18lb x 12

Had a real good workout tonight.Always get a great pump with GVT. Did seem to have more endurance but that may just be the body adapting to the GVT. Last week I only managed 6 sets of 10 reps on bench at 220.

Only small concern tonight was some pain in my right elbow. Not surprising considering I smashed the radius of this same elbow 3 years ago in a big motocross crash and it still gives me some grief (remember the faster you go the bigger the crash :slomo:).

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Onboard TSB! Where abouts are you training these days?

TSB4me

TSB4me

Awards
  • Established
Onboard TSB! Where abouts are you training these days?
Still down at City Fitness. A lot of eye candy and not many old school trainers. But I'm doing OK.

You coming back over anytime soon?

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Still down at City Fitness. A lot of eye candy and not many old school trainers. But I'm doing OK.

You coming back over anytime soon?
Ahh, City Fitness . . I remember 'Panda Eyes' there :lol:

I should be home about August/September time for a visit. Will let you know closer to the time bro :thumbsup:

TSB4me

TSB4me

Awards
  • Established
Ahh, City Fitness . . I remember 'Panda Eyes' there :lol:

I should be home about August/September time for a visit. Will let you know closer to the time bro :thumbsup:

You may not see me if you come over in August. The wife and I are off to the UK for 5 weeks.

Hope I get time to check out a few gyms....I mean sites while I'm there. :no:

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You may not see me if you come over in August. The wife and I are off to the UK for 5 weeks.

Hope I get time to check out a few gyms....I mean sites while I'm there. :no:
Gee, that means Im stuck hanging out with b unit instead :684:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subscribed.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I heard from him the other day - doing a fair bit of work "offline"

Both B Unit and TSB live in my hometown back in NZ
Good deal; tell him that we all wish that he would drop in time to time.
:D

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What is your history with Creatine usage? (Gains/Loses/ETC)

UndiluteD

UndiluteD

Awards
Looking forward to your review, will be getting some if its any good :)

TSB4me

TSB4me

Awards
  • Established
What is your history with Creatine usage? (Gains/Loses/ETC)
I've used it off and on ever since EAS brought it to the market. Always had great success with monohydrate and mixed results with all the others I've tried.

I usually cycle it 2 months on and anything up to 4 months off. I find the longer the break between the more dramatic the results. Typical results being a weight increase of between 3-5 pounds and a very noticeable strength increase. Also an increase in endurance.
A week after stopping creatine I usually feel what seems like a horrible lactic burn during training. And generally lose half the strength and weight gained in the weeks following.

Regular creatine - always good results , sometimes get bloated also.
Creatine Ethyl Easter - nothing at all.
Kre- Alkalyn - Good strength increase but no weight change.
Di Creatine Malate - About the same as monohydrate
Kreacaps - no noticeable results.
Neovar - old formula with CEE , no noticeable results

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I usually use 2 months on (5:5g), one off (for mono). Strength increases for sure, but never really gained much noticable weight.

Some people just use it constantly - what's your view on this?

Good summary though - hopefully the theory behind Trinitine will pay dividends :thumbsup:

TSB4me

TSB4me

Awards
  • Established
I usually use 2 months on (5:5g), one off (for mono). Strength increases for sure, but never really gained much noticable weight.

Some people just use it constantly - what's your view on this?

Good summary though - hopefully the theory behind Trinitine will pay dividends :thumbsup:
I find the longer I have off the better the results I get. It's almost as though my body desensitizes to the creatine if used to often. Don't know if other long term using see this but this is how my body reacts to it.

TSB4me

TSB4me

Awards
  • Established
Day 5

Tonight was the dreaded legs workout.

10 sets of 286lbs for 10 reps. Yes I completed all 10 sets and yes I felt like cr*p once I had finished.

But I have certainly improved from the first few weeks and once again I experienced a dramatic quad pump which almost prevented me from finishing.
Endurance has increased nicely, which is pleasing considering that's an area of weakness for me.

So can any of this be put down to the Trinitine? Don't know.
But next week our training will change back to a regular program for 3 weeks and it's in this period that I should be able to confirm any real effects from the Trinitine.

TSB4me

TSB4me

Awards
  • Established
Day 7

Last night was Back & Triceps.

BB Rows - 240lb x 10 x 10
Lat pulldowns - 220lb x 10 x 3
DB pullovers - 110lb x 10 x 2
Skull crushers - 90lb x 10 , 110lb x 10 , 132lb x 8 , 132lb x 6
Tricep kick backs - 35lb x 10 x 2

I'm starting to see an improvement in strength and endurance.Once again I had a real nice back pump.

Today I'm off to train shoulder and also do some cardio. Feeling a bit tired as we had an xbox session last night and I didn't sleep very well.
Still playing Call of Duty in my dreams. :AR15firing:

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today I'm off to train shoulder and also do some cardio. Feeling a bit tired as we had an xbox session last night and I didn't sleep very well.
Still playing Call of Duty in my dreams. :AR15firing:
Haha I really need to play some Xbox again. Which COD did you play? I will probably hop back on Modern Warfare to prepare for the sequel this fall.

TSB4me

TSB4me

Awards
  • Established
Haha I really need to play some Xbox again. Which COD did you play? I will probably hop back on Modern Warfare to prepare for the sequel this fall.
Started the night playing World at war and then when back to COD 4.
Spent quite some time playing the small map around the containers where it was absolute carnage.
No wonder I couldn't sleep when I got home.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day 5

Tonight was the dreaded legs workout.

10 sets of 286lbs for 10 reps. Yes I completed all 10 sets and yes I felt like cr*p once I had finished.

But I have certainly improved from the first few weeks and once again I experienced a dramatic quad pump which almost prevented me from finishing.
Endurance has increased nicely, which is pleasing considering that's an area of weakness for me.

So can any of this be put down to the Trinitine? Don't know.
But next week our training will change back to a regular program for 3 weeks and it's in this period that I should be able to confirm any real effects from the Trinitine.
What is it with Leg Workouts and feeling physically i'll??? :dunno:

ANZAC Day: Lest We Forget

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Started the night playing World at war and then when back to COD 4.
Spent quite some time playing the small map around the containers where it was absolute carnage.
No wonder I couldn't sleep when I got home.
Ha that map is crazy. Its intense. Shipment I think its called...ha good memories I really can't wait to start playing again in a couple weeks when school is done :eek:

TSB4me

TSB4me

Awards
  • Established
What is it with Leg Workouts and feeling physically i'll??? :dunno:

ANZAC Day: Lest We Forget
Good call.
The wife and kids got up at 4.30am and went to the dawn parade. I was still sleeping. :sleeping:

The problem with the 10 sets of 10 when doing squats is that I don't recover fast enough between sets and it taxes the whole body. I need to improve my cardio fitness.
I think it also has something to do with the fact that I have been training for years in the low rep range.

TSB4me

TSB4me

Awards
  • Established
Ha that map is crazy. Its intense. Shipment I think its called...ha good memories I really can't wait to start playing again in a couple weeks when school is done :eek:
I play online a little bit in the weekends and once a month my old school mates and I get together for a session at someone house. Good fun and nothing like having a frag fest.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Good call.
The wife and kids got up at 4.30am and went to the dawn parade. I was still sleeping. :sleeping:

The problem with the 10 sets of 10 when doing squats is that I don't recover fast enough between sets and it taxes the whole body. I need to improve my cardio fitness.
I think it also has something to do with the fact that I have been training for years in the low rep range.
How much rest between sets TSB? :borladuck:

TSB4me

TSB4me

Awards
  • Established
Day 8

Today was Shoulders & Cardio.

Seated BB press: 130lb x 10 , 155lb x 8 , 165lb x 6 , 176 x 4
Seated laterals: 35lb x 10 x 3
Smith high pulls : 176lb x 8 x 2 , 200lb x 6 , 200lb x 4
Rear delt mac: 135lb x 10 x 2 . 150lb x 8

Considering I spent most of the workout walking around yawning my head off I was fairly happy with the continued improvement in strength.
Triceps & back are very sore from the night before and I felt this throughout the workout.
Cardio was fairly flat but I put this down to a lack of sleep.

1st week on Trinitine review:

Ok it's probably a bit early to say too much but I have been pleased with the strength increases and the improvement in endurance.
Is this a result of the GVT progam ? Not sure. But with returning to standard training in the next couple of weeks this will give me a better chance to truly gauge any effects.
I've noted no negative effects from the Trinitine.

TSB4me

TSB4me

Awards
  • Established
Day 10

Tonight's workout was Chest & Biceps.

Incline DB : 98lb x 12 , 110lb x 10 , 110lb x 8
Decline DB : 110lb x 6 , 102lb x 8 , 102lb x 8
Flat DB Flys : 55lb x 12 , 72lb x 10 , 80lb x 8
Chest Mac : 200lb x 6 , 170lb x 8 , 135lb x 12 , 100lb x 15
Seated DB Curls: 40lb x 10 , 45lb x 10 , 50lb x 8 , 50lb x 6
Reverse Curls : 55lb x 12 , 68lb x 10 x 2
Preacher Mac : 25lb x 8 , 20lb x 10 x 2

I can certainly say that my joints feel a bit hammered after the 4 weeks of GVT. Right elbow is giving me some grief and also feeling some minor pain and discomfort in the left shoulder.
Still managed to have a good workout though. Had real good endurance and strength was fairly good.
Had a good pump and even though it's autumn over here in NZ tonight it was very warm at the gym and I was drenched by the time I had finished.

TSB4me

TSB4me

Awards
  • Established
Hope this Swine flu isn't as bad as it looks.
We already have a case report here in New Plymouth.

Let alone the two NZ school trips that have just come back from Mexico.
10 from one class have tested positive already.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

I hope its devastating potential is not underestimated by the health authorities.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established

That's not good news TSB. Stay safe :thumbsup:

TSB4me

TSB4me

Awards
  • Established
That's not good news TSB. Stay safe :thumbsup:
Only started thinking about it whilst training last night. Cause I was sweating like a pig all over the benches and equipment (yes I do wipe down after I'm finished) that I wondered if this outbreak was really that bad you could kiss good bye to training at the commercial gyms.
Breeding ground for germs. :sick:

Selfish thinking by me really when considering the overall picture.

zwimox

zwimox

Awards
I wonder if the flu vaccine we've taken here in the states is enough resistance. Generally speaking I never get sick.

On topic of your new routine, I'll be watching!

TSB4me

TSB4me

Awards
  • Established
Day 13

Well I was supposed to train last night but worked late and it didn't happen.

Today I somehow managed to tweak my left knee walking through the warehouse at work.
Bloody things been sore all afternoon. :worried:
Anyway I still went to the gym tonight and tried to train legs :

Leg press : 5 plates x 10 , 6 plates x 10 , 7 plates x 8 x 2 (found these fairly uncomfortable)
Hack squats : 4 plates x 12 , 5 plates x 10 , 6 plates x 8 x 2 (strangely these were OK)
Leg curls : 100lb x 8 ( these hurt like hell)
Seated calf raises : 90lb x 15 , 120lb x 12 x 4 (L knee didn't enjoy these much)

So all in all not a great workout but hey it's only legs.

Didn't have a chance to gauge any strength or endurance increases tonight.
Roll on tomorrow's workout back & triceps.....oh yeah.