Spiderduncan's trial of Prime (unsponsored)

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
This log was born out of skepticism for USP Lab's Prime. During my last PCT (6 weeks Hdrol and Furazadrol) I incorporated Prime with many other supplements. To make a long story short, I made such good gains during my PCT, that I decided to utilized Prime in a singular fashion in order to evaluate its effectiveness.

Training: Hypertrophy Specific Training (HST)
If you are unfamiliar with HST, you need to find your repetition maximums for 15, 10 and 5. In short, I used repetition calculator for my maximums. I used 65% for 15s, 80% for 10s and 95% for 5s. Also, due to my schedule I life predominantly in the morning.

HST trains the whole body 3 times per week. I decided to take a somewhat aggressive approach and minimize off days by workout 1 on/1 off. Therefore repetition cycles shrank from 14 days to 12. As you will see below, I started working out 6 days a week during my 5 rep stage.

My 15 rep workouts (12 days) took 30-40 minutes. 1 working set per exercise. 10 rep workouts (12 days) took 50-70 minutes. Rest between sets and work sets (now approximately 2) have increased at this point. At this point I decided to split my workload over two days and add an extra day of rest. This would mean that my 5 rep cycles would resume 14 day cycles instead of 12. Lastly, as that I work out alone, I did not complete the negatives cycles. Rather, I simply repeated my 5 rep cycle with slight increase in load.

Diet: 40% Protein, 40% Carbohydrates and 20% Fats
I have a fairly fast metabolism and therefore rely on my own version of weight gain shakes during the day (whey, milk, almonds and steel cut oats). In the evening, I would eat whatever my wife put before me (then of course, chase it with a scoop of whey isolate). ;)

On the days that I lifted (AM workouts) I consumed 50 grams or protein (whey isolate) combined with 30-60 grams of carbohydrates (waxy maize starch). Then upon completion of my workout I would consume 50 grams of protein (whey isolate) and 100-120 grams of carbohydrates (a cup of grape juice and 2 servings of waxy maize starch).

Supplements: Prime 10 caps each day.
I still took my daily multi-vitamin, vitamin-C, fish oil and digestive aid. Regarding Prime dosing, I choose 3 caps pre-workout (AM workout), 3 post workout and 4 with an evening meal.

The following results were obtained over the period of 52 days.

Lean Body Mass Results:
Pre cycle - 199lbs, 10.83%BF, 21.55lbs Fat Weight, 177.45lbs LBM.
Post cycle - 205.6lbs, 10.93%BF, 22.48lbs Fat Weight, 183.12lbs LBM.

Strength Results:
I choose the following lifts because they were used in the last cycle and therefore would NOT show apparently dramatic strength increases due to neurological adaption.
leg extension (pre) 210x5 --------> (post) 235x5
machine dip (pre) 240x5 ----------> (post) 285x5
machine wide row (pre) 285x5 ---> (post) 315x5

Summary:
I am thrilled with my results from this HST cycle. Diet, working out and supplementation have paid big dividends. While Prime is not solely responsible for my results, I would definitely encourage others to give it a try as a natural anabolic.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Nice review. Some great gains in there. Keep it up!

This log was born out of skepticism for USP Lab's Prime. During my last PCT (6 weeks Hdrol and Furazadrol) I incorporated Prime with many other supplements. To make a long story short, I made such good gains during my PCT, that I decided to utilized Prime in a singular fashion in order to evaluate its effectiveness.

Training: Hypertrophy Specific Training (HST)
If you are unfamiliar with HST, you need to find your repetition maximums for 15, 10 and 5. In short, I used repetition calculator for my maximums. I used 65% for 15s, 80% for 10s and 95% for 5s. Also, due to my schedule I life predominantly in the morning.

HST trains the whole body 3 times per week. I decided to take a somewhat aggressive approach and minimize off days by workout 1 on/1 off. Therefore repetition cycles shrank from 14 days to 12. As you will see below, I started working out 6 days a week during my 5 rep stage.

My 15 rep workouts (12 days) took 30-40 minutes. 1 working set per exercise. 10 rep workouts (12 days) took 50-70 minutes. Rest between sets and work sets (now approximately 2) have increased at this point. At this point I decided to split my workload over two days and add an extra day of rest. This would mean that my 5 rep cycles would resume 14 day cycles instead of 12. Lastly, as that I work out alone, I did not complete the negatives cycles. Rather, I simply repeated my 5 rep cycle with slight increase in load.

Diet: 40% Protein, 40% Carbohydrates and 20% Fats
I have a fairly fast metabolism and therefore rely on my own version of weight gain shakes during the day (whey, milk, almonds and steel cut oats). In the evening, I would eat whatever my wife put before me (then of course, chase it with a scoop of whey isolate). ;)

On the days that I lifted (AM workouts) I consumed 50 grams or protein (whey isolate) combined with 30-60 grams of carbohydrates (waxy maize starch). Then upon completion of my workout I would consume 50 grams of protein (whey isolate) and 100-120 grams of carbohydrates (a cup of grape juice and 2 servings of waxy maize starch).

Supplements: Prime 10 caps each day.
I still took my daily multi-vitamin, vitamin-C, fish oil and digestive aid. Regarding Prime dosing, I choose 3 caps pre-workout (AM workout), 3 post workout and 4 with an evening meal.

The following results were obtained over the period of 52 days.

Lean Body Mass Results:
Pre cycle - 199lbs, 10.83%BF, 21.55lbs Fat Weight, 177.45lbs LBM.
Post cycle - 205.6lbs, 10.93%BF, 22.48lbs Fat Weight, 183.12lbs LBM.

Strength Results:
I choose the following lifts because they were used in the last cycle and therefore would NOT show apparently dramatic strength increases due to neurological adaption.
leg extension (pre) 210x5 --------> (post) 235x5
machine dip (pre) 240x5 ----------> (post) 285x5
machine wide row (pre) 285x5 ---> (post) 315x5

Summary:
I am thrilled with my results from this HST cycle. Diet, working out and supplementation have paid big dividends. While Prime is not solely responsible for my results, I would definitely encourage others to give it a try as a natural anabolic.
What did your 6 week Designer cycle yield and how would you compare the two?

During PRIME and your aggressive approach to HST, How would you rank recovery?

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
What did your 6 week Designer cycle yield and how would you compare the two?

During PRIME and your aggressive approach to HST, How would you rank recovery?
My cycle of Hdrol/Furazadrol was more of a recomposition. Keep in mind that I utilized a different lifting protocol. But, I would say that my recent cycle of HST/Prime produces the most in terms of strength. I believe that I gained similar LBM on this cycle as my cycle of Hdrol/Furazadrol, but then one has to take into account PCT. Taking it a step further, I would say this past cycle reminded me of an HST cycle years ago, while using Ergopharm's 1AD (600mg ED for 30 days). I gained so much strength on that cycle that I strained ligaments surrounding my collar bone.

Recovery? I would say that I always felt ready for the next work out. Again, that is while I was training 6 days a week. There were no signs of overtraining CNS or local. Also, the majority of my weight gain came during the toward the end of my first week of 5s. Up till that point, I had gained a pound or so. So, during the 5s, I started upping my calories.

With that said, I believe that I started to overtrain. The only reason I say that is that I came down with Bronchitis!!! I actually went to the gym sick to get my final lifts in (which I got!!!!). As that hindsight is 20/20, I think that I was not resting enough. 10-11 hour work days were taking a toll on my body. At the time however, I keep gaining in the gym, so I didn't think much about it.

Whatever the case, I am more than pleased with the results!

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Nice review. Some great gains in there. Keep it up!
Bonscott, thanks for stopping by. :)

Yeah, I am happy with the gains, now if we could just another sale on Prime!? (I have 3 bottles, but need 1 more for my next cycle)

Any thoughts Jacob??

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Nice review spider and some good gains for sure. I had high skepticism for Prime as well but found it to be great for pct. Definitely a solid natural anabolic, which are rare these days.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Summary:
Glad to hear unbiased, real results backed by numbers.
Looks great!

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Nice review spider and some good gains for sure. I had high skepticism for Prime as well but found it to be great for pct. Definitely a solid natural anabolic, which are rare these days.
I would entirely agree, with the fact that it is rare and natural!

I distinctly remember my first run of Jungle Warfare. After 3 weeks I had leaned out decently (not my intention) and put on some muscle (4 lbs), so it did not surprise me when people came out with threads protesting that ALR's Jungle Warfare was "tainted".

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Good review Spiderduncan.

This mega-dosing Prime regime has certainly got my attention.

I'll be looking at running similar doses later in the year.

With your pre- and post- WO doses so close together, might it be an idea to run a 3/3/2/2 dosing protocol instead of the 3/3/4?

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
In the write-up, I don't know if i read that wrong, but did you say that you did 52 days of prime at 10 caps a day? That was a step venture ... I ran 2 bottles with great success, but couldn't imagine running more than two and a 6 week cycle.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Good review Spiderduncan.

This mega-dosing Prime regime has certainly got my attention.

I'll be looking at running similar doses later in the year.

With your pre- and post- WO doses so close together, might it be an idea to run a 3/3/2/2 dosing protocol instead of the 3/3/4?
I am not on the forums that much, so I might be in error, but it appears Prime is one of those products that is "idiot proof." In short, no dosing protocol is in error. What anecdotal evidence have you seen thus far, that is, regarding dosing protocols?

BTW-Thanks for stopping by!

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
In the write-up, I don't know if i read that wrong, but did you say that you did 52 days of prime at 10 caps a day? That was a step venture ... I ran 2 bottles with great success, but couldn't imagine running more than two and a 6 week cycle.
Yes and no...my original plan was for 48 days straight @ 10 caps ED (4 bottles), but I altered my training during weeks 5-8. So extend my cycle, I took off a day each week from then on.

Steep venture? Perhaps, but I was able to get in on the inner circle release and NP's deal. :thumbsup:

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am not on the forums that much, so I might be in error, but it appears Prime is one of those products that is "idiot proof." In short, no dosing protocol is in error. What anecdotal evidence have you seen thus far, that is, regarding dosing protocols?

BTW-Thanks for stopping by!
I would say that any supplement is not idiot proof haha!

Prime has been quite a contraversial product IMO, however on closer examination those that have cried foul maybe havent got their diet or training in check either.

Then there are those defunct reviews designed to discredit the product - who could forget "ScamWatch"? Doesn't require much scrutiny to uncover what a bogus-fkg poster that was - unless you're Norwegian :dunno:

It appears that the best results come with a minimum 2 bottle run at a slightly higher dosage (3/3/3)?

I think it is a very versitile product as a stand-alone or with other supplements. But that's my opinion. Some would say Im biased. Well, yes if the products deliver results - duh! :borladuck:

hardknock

Awards
  • Established

Prime has been quite a contraversial product IMO, however on closer examination those that have cried foul maybe havent got their diet or training in check either.

Then there are those defunct reviews designed to discredit the product - who could forget "ScamWatch"? Doesn't require much scrutiny to uncover what a bogus-fkg poster that was - unless you're Norwegian :dunno:

It appears that the best results come with a minimum 2 bottle run at a slightly higher dosage (3/3/3)?

I think it is a very versitile product as a stand-alone or with other supplements. But that's my opinion. Some would say Im biased. Well, yes if the products deliver results - duh! :borladuck:
I think my run was 6ed for 5 days, then 8ed for 6days for a total of 2 months, or 6 weeks; I can't remember how long exactly.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Lol. I know that most supplements have suggestion/optimal dosing protocols. From what I was reading people seem to be suggesting that as long as you took enough Prime, results would follow regardless of the the dosing pattern. For example, wasn't Jacob dosing all his Prime right before bed?

I entirely agree.

USP labs have gathered large gathering of followers AND haters. I vaguely remember the episode with Norwegian...some wasn't it some sort of blow-up/got banned/start new account from same IP address and post again episode???:think:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey Spider, wanted to thank you for stopping by on my log. I finally had a chance to make it over to your log and I have to say 5 lbs of lean mass off of a solo PRIME run is pretty impressive. I am going to follow HST also on my next run. I love the program and it will allow me to raise my weight gradually to test out the tendons.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for stopping by Mr.Kleen!

As long as I consume enough quality calories, HST delivers strength and lbm. Right now, I am toward the end of my HST cycle. In short, I decided on 12s, 9s, 6s and finally 3s. Normally I don't go that low, but I thought it would be a great change. Thus far, tendons are holding strong!

How is your cycle progressing?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I will do my first workout on 15's Tuesday, I am in the initial Strategic Deconditioning phase right now. I have done HST before and love it. I really respond well to it. I may go with 15,10,8, and 5 rep scheme and then repeat m,y 5s for an extra 2 weeks with heavier weight then add a strip set for another 2 weeks if tendons are feeling good. I had that bad case of tendonitis before and am finally pretty much over it so this is my growth / recovery all at the same time.

Thanks for stopping by Mr.Kleen!

As long as I consume enough quality calories, HST delivers strength and lbm. Right now, I am toward the end of my HST cycle. In short, I decided on 12s, 9s, 6s and finally 3s. Normally I don't go that low, but I thought it would be a great change. Thus far, tendons are holding strong!

How is your cycle progressing?