Metroba tests out new Glycobol!!!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Metroba tests out new Glycobol!!! (sponsored)

Anabolic Innovations Presents:

Glycobol™

* Promotes muscle mass, strength and endurance.
* Encourages fat loss and prevents fat accumulation.
* Improves recovery time by rapid glycogen resynthesis.
* Provides lasting “pump”, hardness and vascularity.
* Drives amino acid and creatine uptake in muscle.
* Increases muscle protein synthesis and inhibits breakdown.
* Controls blood sugar and maximizes nutrient utilization.
* Potent synergism with endogenous endocrine hormones.
* Strong anti-oxidant protects liver, lipid and cardio health.

Glycobol works, not like typical muscle gainers, but primarily by it’s ability to mimic and boost insulin. On it’s own, insulin is a powerful growth peptide, but it also plays a critical role in the action of androgens. Just like insulin, androgens are another fundamental class of endocrine hormones. Studies show that androgens fail to sustain a positive muscle nitrogen balance in the absence of insulin, emphasizing the critical role of insulin as a potential limiting factor to the anabolic capacity of androgens. Therefore, Glycobol could be combined with any of the commercially available androgens to optimize and exaggerate gains by it’s essential synergistic contribution.

Insulin also interacts synergistically with GH, IGF and thyroid hormones to compound growth effects, even when these endocrine co-factors are only present at average physiological levels. Therefore, Glycobol can be used to achieve impressive natural muscle gains and body recomposition as an effective stand-alone agent too.

You asked for something Innovative, now you’ve got it!

Glycobol Blend:

Sodium R-Lipoate (Na-r-ALA)
ALA is naturally produced in the body as a mitochondrial enzyme cofactor. It is important to aerobic metabolism. ALA has been shown to increase cellular uptake of glucose to cell membranes by recruiting the glucose transporter GLUT4. ALA improves skeletal muscle glucose transport, resulting in desirable blood glucose disposal and increased muscle glycogen concentrations. (1) Studies also indicate that in muscle, ALA is a potent anti-oxidant which protects cells from oxidative stress-induced insulin resistance. (2) The ALA used in this formula is chemically stabilized and of the highest quality. It’s the most active isomer and the highest potency salt commercially available. ALA is an invaluable addition that offers a multitude of benefits plus countless extras for any serious athlete.

Bottom Line: Best way to describe this effect is that it almost adds a filter to the muscle fibers; Taking in what it needs to prepare for growth.

Trigonella Seed isolate (standardized to 10% 4-hydroxyisoleucine)
Fenugreek has been successfully applied for thousands of years to improve health. It corrects blood sugar problems and improves cholesterol scores. Modern research also shows that it improves endurance and lowers blood lactate concentrations dramatically. Treatment with fenugreek seed can also significantly decreases fat accumulation. These results suggest that this improvement in endurance and reduction in body fat is caused by an increase in the utilization of fatty acids as an energy source. (3) Fenugreek supplements high in 4-HIL have also been demonstrated to increase post-exercise glycogen resynthesis in athletes, which promotes rapid recovery and helps prevent training fatigue. (4) The visible results of this glycogenic effect are big, pumped muscles that look extremely full and vascular.

Bottom Line: Helps you use fatty acids as an energy source, rather than store them as Fat!

Phellodendron extract (standardized to 90% berberine)
Phellodendron is one of the highly valued traditional Chinese herbs, used medicinally to treat a variety of health conditions. It is reported that some subjects show improved strength, lower blood pressure, and lower blood sugar in response to Phellodendron isolates. Laboratory studies suggest that one of these alkaloidal isolates called berberine may accomplish these benefits by enhancing insulin production. (5) There are also many studies that suggest berberine can reduce total serum cholesterol, dangerous LDL-cholesterol, and unhealthy triglycerides, which would obviously contribute greatly to increased athletic performance and good over-all health. (6) Improved health and increased physical performance translates into greater strength and muscle gains in the gym.

Bottom Line: Increased performance translates into greater strength and muscle gains.

Cinnamon Bark 20:1 extract (standardized for 16% flavonoids)
Cinnamon is a common spice used all over the world, but it’s not commonly known that the spice has significant therapeutic value. Cinnamon contains the element chromium, which is needed for proper glucose metabolism, and also compounds called flavonoids. Flavinoids are potent anti-oxidants which are known to provide protection against cancer and heart disease. The specific flavonoids found in cinnamon bark are shown to stimulate glucose uptake and glycogen synthesis similar to insulin. These flavonoids may activate receptors by direct insulin mimicking action, or indirect insulin potentiation, or both. (7) Studies also show that cinnamon improves lipid profiles for some subjects. (8) If you train consistently and have a healthy diet, your big muscular improvements from this powerful little cinnamon extract might surprise you.

Bottom Line: Insulin is very anabolic, so the insulin boosting action of cinnamon extract will be bigger, stronger muscles.

Bis(Maltolato)Oxovanadium (BMOV)
BMOV is an organic form of the mineral vanadium. Although elemental vanadium and inorganic salts of vanadium show significant biological potential, it has a poor therapeutic index due to low gastrointestinal absorbance. BMOV is recognized as safer, more absorbable, and able to deliver a therapeutic effect up to 50% greater than the inorganic forms. (9) Vanadium is one of the rare microelements that can promote a profound boost in endurance and strongly support anabolism. BMOV can give muscles a hardness like you have never experience before. The form of vanadium used in this formula is one of the very best you can find, if not the best.

*Bottom Line: Makes your Muscle harder than ever, increases vascularity!

(1) The antihyperglycemic drug alpha-lipoic acid stimulates glucose uptake via both GLUT4 translocation and GLUT4 activation: potential role of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase in GLUT4 activation.; Konrad D, Somwar R, Sweeney G, Yaworsky K, Hayashi M, Ramlal T, Klip A.; Diabetes. 2001 Jun;50(6):1464-71.

(2) Protection against oxidative stress-induced insulin resistance in rat L6 muscle cells by mircomolar concentrations of alpha-lipoic acid.; Maddux BA, See W, Lawrence JC Jr, Goldfine AL, Goldfine ID, Evans JL.; Diabetes. 2001 Feb;50(2):404-10.

(3) Effects of Fenugreek Seeds (Trigonella foenum greaecum) Extract on Endurance Capacity in Mice.; Mayumi Ikeuchi, et al; Journal of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology; Vol. 52 (2006), No.4 pp.287-292.

(4) The addition of fenugreek extract (Trigonella foenum-graecum) to glucose feeding increases muscle glycogen resynthesis after exercise.; Ruby BC, Gaskill SE, Slivka D, Harger SG.; Amino Acids. 2005 Feb;28(1):71-6.

(5) Therapeutic effect of berberine on 60 patients with non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus and experimental research; Ni Yanxia, et al.; Chinese Journal of Integrated Traditional and Western Medicine 1995; 1(2); 91-95.

(6) Berberine is a novel cholesterol-lowering drug working through a unique mechanism distinct from statins; Kong Weijia, et al.; Nature Medicine 2004; 10(12): 1344-1351.

(7) Isolation and characterization of polyphenol type-A polymers from cinnamon with insulin-like biological activity.; Anderson RA, Broadhurst CL, Polansky MM, Schmidt WF, Khan A, Flanagan VP, Schoene NW, Graves DJ.;
J Agric Food Chem. 2004 Jan 14;52(1):65-70.

(8) Cinnamon extract and polyphenols affect the expression of tristetraprolin, insulin receptor, and glucose transporter 4 in mouse 3T3-L1 adipocytes.; Cao H, Polansky MM, Anderson RA.; Arch Biochem Biophys. 2007 Mar 15;459(2):214-22. Epub 2007 Jan 25.

(9) Trace elements in nutrition.; Dreosti IE.; Med J Aust., 1980 August 9;2(3):117-23.
Anabolic Innovations was nice enough to hook me up with a bottle of the new Glycobol! Has a nice little ingredient profile! Stuff definitely looks promising! As some of you know I just came off of "The One" from AN. I am about in the 2nd week of PCT. I have maintained my strength with Prime and even gone up a little bit.
Supps I am using now:

Prime at 6 caps/day
Adam at 2 caps/day
2nd gear at 1 cap pre bed
Poseidon with 1 scoop intra aid intra w/o

I have been using these supps for a while and will notice any new changes in my body comp, strength, endurance, health or mood. Those of you who know me know I am honest with my feedback and dont BS my logs. So if you are interested in seeing what Glycobol can do, sit back and enjoy the ride! Hopefully this log will help you decide whether Glycobol is for you!

My goal at the moment is to "recomp". I'm not particularly interested in gaining strength at the moment but cutting fat while, at the least, maintaining strength. But, of course, any strength gains are welcomed!:D I just spent the last 3 months bulking and added on 16lbs. I accumulated some bf in the process and now its time to shed it off. When it comes to cutting for me, I like slow and steady. Glycobol has some insulin mimicking effects. So I will be taking it 30 mins pre meals (2x/day). I do work out first thing in the morning. So I will be getting some WMS to throw in my intra w/o drink.

So my plan of action:

1. Wake up and take 2 Glycobol
2. Make my intra drink
3. Wait 30 mins and start sipping on my drink, while heading to the gym.
4. Take my other 2 Glycobol for my 3rd or 4th meal.

The Glycobol has been mailed already and will be here shortly. I will have pics taken and put up the first day of the log.

Let the party begin!!
:djparty:

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
deff interested in this ill be watchin this as well brosef :D

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sub'd...good luck I want to try this stuff in the near future

Posted from my Ipod.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subscribed.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
happy easter. in to watch this happen

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like an interesting (and promising) product. In. And watching :)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dang, Metroba is going to try Glycobol before me, lol.

I believe mine is in the mail too though :twisted:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
gl Metroba. Interested to see how this works.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd be interested to try some samples of this stuff. It looks like somewhat of a hybrid between AP and SLIN, although I don't believe I've ever heard of trigonella.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is going to be a fun ride!!!

Posted from my mobile device.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I would love to see someone who does not usually respond to the AP, Pslin, nutrient repartioning supplements to give this a try.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Happy Easter!! I'm in for the ride. Can't wait 'til mine gets here the 14th!!

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
I'd be interested to try some samples of this stuff. It looks like somewhat of a hybrid between AP and SLIN, although I don't believe I've ever heard of trigonella.
The most common trigonella is fenugreek.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In to see your results. GL, metroba!

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Good luck Metroba. I know this will be an awesome log. I have never tried PSlin or AP, but believed the hype on this product and hopefully it will ship today. I could use all the help I can get so hopefully it is a rock solid product!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow! This place filled up fast!! Glad to have you all here!

Any other previous glucose disposal agent experience other than Neovar?

Good luck :cheers:
Prime does have some Nutrient repartitioning effect but I've used it before and know what it is capable of.
happy easter. in to watch this happen
Happy Easter Monday all!!
Dang, Metroba is going to try Glycobol before me, lol.

I believe mine is in the mail too though :twisted:
haha glad to see ya here man! Long time no see!

I had it shipped to my office. So Im hoping it will be there when I get in today! Today Im hitting back/tris. My routine will be changing shortly to one I used recently. Just need to get it written out.

back with my update! :burnout:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back and tris

1. Wide pulldowns - 150x10, 160x10, 175x8 (up 2 reps on first 2 sets)
2. Seated db overhead ext. - 65x12, 85x12, 95x9 (no change)
3. P/L t-bar rows - (just plate #s) 55x10, 100x10, 125x7
4. Unilateral db shrugs - 60x20, 80x20, 90x20
5. Lying db skullercrushers - 20x15 (wasnt paying attention), 25x12, 30x12, 35x7
6. Hyperextensions - bwx20 (slow), 20 (explosive)
7. ss w/ hanging leg/hip raises - 12, 11
8. Kickbacks - 35x12, 30x15, 30x12

I was sooooo exhaused by the time I got to the hypers. I wanted to just quit but I pushed through and Im glad I did. Got a nice lil pump goin. :bb:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ugh, you're making me jealous. I want to workout! I've got so much schoolwork to do. I don't think I'll be able to hit the gym until Wednesday.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I feel ya man. I have a project to do and I have to study for exams all week! :frustrate

Thats actually why Im looking back into the old routine you set me up with. I need more time to do other things besides work my bulging pecs :bb3:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hahah fishsticks!?

I do but I am allergic to them...why do you ask? lol

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Inarius was nice enough to tell me what the hell you were talking about lol...man I miss me some South Park!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I sense a joke coming

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Copy and pasted from workout log
Weight is still 176! :woohoo: I was soooo amped up in the gym today! I put new music on my mp3 player and that always alone guarantees a better workout! Hit up some shoulders today with some sprints on the tredmill at the end. And I left with gas still in the tank. Hit weights for 45 mins and cardio for 10. I love love love when I can have productive workouts in less than an hr. Makes my day :D.

Today pre w/o
3 prime, 3 rpm (2 - 45 mins pre w/o and 1 more 10 mins pre)

Intra-
1 scoop intra aid, 1 scoop vassive, 2 scoop poseidon

W/o-
1. Seated db press - 40x10, 50x10, 60x4 - 55x3 (no rest); I went up 2 reps on first 2 sets and down 2 on the last. This seems to be the trend here. I dropped down 5 lbs immediately with no rest and pumped out 3 more.
2. Standing 1 arm laterals - 35x16, 40x16, 45x12-4; I managed to not rest-pause at all until I hit the 45's! Very happy about this one. I also moved up 5lbs on the first 2 sets! My shoulders are def my strong point! :D
3. High incline front hammer raises - 35x10-6, 35x10-6; First set I was fatiguing faster but 2nd went a lot more smoothly.
4. Seated bentover lateral raises - 15x10-10, 15x20, 15x12-5-3; Same here. I ended up rest pausing on the first set but then did another 20 reps without any rest pausing.

Sprints on treadmill for 10 mins

Here are some pics taken today. Most noticeably improvements I think are in back

Attachments

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Obviously Ive put a little padding on and I am working on shedding it off.

Major goal this cut is to get rid of that nasty lower back fat. I've always held fat in my lower back. Genetics:irked:. If any of you have any ideas on how to really tone up the lower back, please feel free to post em here. Ive never had a nice toned lower back and I really want that perfect taper.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
In......good luck and I hope you really get some good benefits from it.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
My Glycobol arrived this AM. It will be in storage for the next few weeks until I finish off my MMV2.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I love that movie.

My GF says Im stupid. I just laugh....... that pic is awesome.

That movie is great.