Stoked/Activate Xtreme Log

Lusus Naturae

Awards
Alright, this is my first official log, which will be straight to the point. I am doing an 8 week bulk (Yes, I know summer is just around the corner :p) . I am 19 years old, 6'1" and weigh 202 as of Monday, 4/06. Both my workouts and nutrition plan can be found in the April 2009 issue of FLEX called Splitting Fibers. It is a program that changes up your routine every 2 weeks. I think this will be beneficial because I have been doing the same workouts for a while now. The diet on workout days calls for roughly 4,000 calories, 360g of protein, 415g of carbs, and 100-110g of fat. I have recently gotten off of a
good cut and look forward to getting stronger. Now, for my list of supplements. I believe that I have covered just about every aspect for bulking.

Stoked
Activate Xtreme
Multivitamin
Fish Oil
Uni-Liver
Dymatize Xpand
Whey Protein Isolate
Casein Protein
ON 100% Whey Gold Standard
Kre-Alkalyn
Caffeine
ZMA
Lots of food and heavy lifting :)

I actually started this yesterday, so now I will post how I did yesterday and today.

Monday - Chest and Abs
I was ready to lift all day and couldn't wait to get in the gym. I powered on my MP3 player and started. I had a dang good workout. My chest was pumped. I am not going to post all of my exercises, but I will report improvements in lifts. Anyway, I didn't hit any PR's since I just finished cutting and not at my peak in strength. However, I did do better than I thought I would.

Tuesday - Legs
Good ol' leg day. It's hard as hell but I love it. It is an area I really need to work on. I have been feeling good all day and was ready to hit the weights. This was the best leg workout I had in a long time. Halfway through I was walking around the gym like a retard because so much blood was in my quads. It felt great though. I don't know if these last two days were placebo or not but something is working. I'm ready to go again tomorrow :)

elliotuk

elliotuk

Awards
ive got a bottle of stoked sat around and pondering getting some activate xtreme to run with it next month so interested to see how it goes for you...

Lusus Naturae

Awards
Day 3

Alright, today was back, which is my favorite part to work. Instead of Xpand before my workout, I used a sample of GAKIC Hardcore to see how it worked. This workout was shorter than what I am used to, but definitely more intense. I'm not sure if the GAKIC was the source of my strength, or the AX/Stoked combo is starting to kick in. I lifted heavier than usual and hit a PR in bent over barbell rows. I went up about 30 pounds in that. I had a great pump in my back. My forearms usually get a good pump in them due to back exercises requiring a lot of grip. Today it felt like they were going to explode. All I know is that something I am doing is working and I'm going to stick to the program.

Side note: This is the first time ever that I have consistently eaten vegetables, since I strongly dislike the taste. I have found BBQ sauce to be a good cure for that. My digestion has become very good. Maybe almost too good, but that could be my body adjusting to the change in food intake. Looking forward to tomorrow :)

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed....What dosing of Stoked/ActX do you take e/d?

Lusus Naturae

Awards
I'm taking 2 of each when I wake up 15 min before I eat and then 2 more of each about 30 minutes before my pre-bed meal.

Edit: I don't think it matters if they are taken with or without food, it is just my preference :)

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can't speak for the Stoked but, I was dosing the ActX at 6 e/d, usually morn, mid, and evening. Keeps a constant supply in the system.

Lusus Naturae

Awards
Yeah the cost of 2 bottles of AX plus food and all of the other stuff I am taking really strained the budget. I'm hoping to get good results from 4/day.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would take the 4 doses spread out in the day. That way you have it continually in your system.

Lusus Naturae

Awards
Hm that's a good idea, I think I will give that a go. Thanks :)

Lusus Naturae

Awards
Thursday 3/9

Today was shoulders and traps. After walking a quarter of a mile to the gym, I found out that it was closed for Easter break. Fortunately a friend of mine had a members card to another gym so I borrowed that. The bad thing about this gym was that it only had those barbells that have a set weight on them and they only went up to 110. I switched it up and did standing shoulder presses rather than sitting down like I normally do. I could definitely feel the difference with that. Other than the barbells, everything else was smooth. My shoulders were really burning throughout. I did not increase in weight, but I had more of a pump than I usually get in my shoulders. My shoulders are my most stubborn body part, so I really need to start hitting them hard to get them to grow. Since barbell shoulder shrugs were out of the picture, I opted for doing 6 sets of dumbbell shrugs with the 100s, which were the heaviest at the gym. The program called for 3 sets of barbell and 3 sets of dumbbell. I just finished about an hour ago and my traps are already getting sore. I used a sample of Universal Shock Therapy today and I must say that is the most ineffective pre-workout supplement I have ever used, next to their Animal Pump. I got no energy and relied on my own willpower to lift hard. I credit the increased pumps solely to the change up in my program. I still had a good workout given the circumstances. Tomorrow is arms and I'm ready to make them explode!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used a sample of Shock Therapy once and thought I was on meth. Not the good kind of stim for a w/o. Do you use stims alot?

Lusus Naturae

Awards
I took a 3 week break to get them out of my system, and just started again on Monday. I guess it just doesn't work for me. What does make me go insane with energy is Altered State by MAP. The max dose is intense, just it is fairly expensive stuff.

Lusus Naturae

Awards
Friday 3/10

Today was triceps, biceps, and forearms. I drove home for Easter break today and noticed that my aggression was up because I was getting angrier than usual at all of the stupid drivers on the road. Some people just shouldn't have a license. Despite the trip, I was still able to stick to my meal plan. Today I took a sample of White Flood in tablet form. Then I went to the small gym that I used to go before I went off to college. I got in contact with a guy I used to lift with there, and we dug right in. By the second exercise for triceps I already had a great pump that kept getting better as we continued. I usually get a good amount of blood in my triceps but this was more than usual. By the time we started biceps they were pretty much dead, but it felt good. Something great happened during my biceps workout. I got the greatest pump in them since I first started lifting two years ago. It felt amazing to experience it again, especially since I have plateaued with my biceps for a long time. There are four possiblilities for this: 1. Stoked/Activate Xtreme 2. White Flood 3. Change in routine 4. Combination of the first 3 options. Whatever it was it worked. Something is starting to click in my body. Tomorrow and Sunday are rest days and I need them. I am just now recovered from my chest and leg workouts. Today my shoulders, traps, and lats are sore and I have a feeling tomorrow my arms will be the same way. I may or may not post how I am tomorrow depending on if I finish all of my errands. If not, I start up again on Monday, so I will post then regardless :)

Lusus Naturae

Awards
Not sure why that posted twice but it is not letting me delete it. I have dial up at home, so that could be the source of my problems...

Lusus Naturae

Awards
I'm Back

Wow, some changes have been made to the forum since I was here :) I had a good two days off, got plenty of rest. I weighed myself this morning and I was 207, which is an increase of 5 pounds in one week. If I did gain fat, there was not much. I can't visually see a difference. I did chest today and went up in all of my lifts. Not by much, 5 or 10 pounds in everything. Although that's really good if I can keep that progress up :p I took a sample of MyoShock HSP pre-workout and the only thing I got from it was energy due to the 400 mg of caffeine in it. I had a great pump, but I feel the MyoShock did not help. I just busted *** (not sure if we are allowed to say bad words lol). Great workout, I am definitely feeling some aggressiveness coming on, but I like that. My results are coming, I just hope they continue.

Lusus Naturae

Awards
Today was leg day and it was probably my best leg workout ever. I went up in everything. Squats up 40 pounds. Hack squats went up 50 then 70 pounds for my last set (no joke). The leg press at our gym is one of those where you put the pin in the weight stack. I maxed out the weight stack easy, and then added some of those additional weights to it and still did it without too much effort. Ended up increasing about 20 pounds. Extensions I also maxed out on my last set, which is an increase of about 20-30 pounds. Romanian deadlifts increased by 20 pounds. Leg curls up 10 pounds. Calf raises went up about 30 pounds. Overall it was an intense workout, and as I mentioned earlier, it was probably the best leg blasting I have ever done. I had a second sample of Shock Therapy and I mentioned in an earlier post how it didn't work. This time I got more focus from it. I'm not sure what caused it to not work last week. It is still not the greatest, but not the worst pre-workout. I have been doing my AX 1/1/1/1 now to keep it active in my body. I am feeling great, and it looks like it can only get better from here :)

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rolling now Lusus...keep that dosing protocol and you should be good to go. Lifts look great. Make sure the food and rest are in order to make use of this new weight you are pushing.

NutriSci

Awards
I wish I had this many posters when I logged this stack :(

Anyways, I had sick strength gains on this stack, and I gained about 11 pounds. Kept BF the same. Good stuff. Good luck man :D

Lusus Naturae

Awards
Today was back and I had a good workout. I had a tough time sleeping last night because they turned the heat back on in the dorms, making it too hot for comfort. I opened a window and then it got too cold. I think I got about 6 and a half hours. I do not have anything significant to report, but I increased all of my lifts a little bit. I guess I can't expect too much since I had such a huge leap in weight last week. I used GAKIC Hardcore again, and it seemed to work fairly well. I had good focus and I got a strong pump. I am definitely getting bigger. I went to the bathroom after doing a set and I surprised myself when I looked in the mirror. I have a little bit of leg and chest soreness going on but that's alright with me :) It tells me I'm doing something right.

Lusus Naturae

Awards
I didn't get a chance to post yesterday so sorry about that. Yesterday was shoulders and traps. I had a better workout than last week. I went up in everything by a fairly good amount. Standing BB shoulder presses were much easier went up 20 pounds there, as were the upright rows up 20 also. DB presses only went up 5 pounds, but in my book that's still progress. DB laterals up 5 pounds. Overall I had a productive workout. I used a sample of naNOx9 Hardcore along with a plain caffeine pill. It seemed to do alright, I had a great pump throughout. I would like to try the stuff for an extended period, but it's a little on the expensive side to do the full dosing.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some nice increases Lusus. Looks great!!

Lusus Naturae

Awards
Today, or yesterday now I guess, I did arms. Right from the start I added on weight. Skullcrushers up 20 pounds on my last set. Close grip bench went up 10. Pushdowns up 10. One arm extensions up 5. For biceps, BB curls went up 10. Preacher curls went up 10. Incline DB curls went up 5, and concentration curls went up 5. I felt very strong today, even when I wasn't lifting. I had great pumps and focus during the entire workout. Having some women definitely helps the drive to move heavy weight :p I used my last sample of White Flood. I think that stuff is great. I will more than likely pick some up once I finish my Xpand. I have a few more samples that I will use up before using the Xpand however. Anyway, Saturday and Sunday is rest, and on Monday my lifting routine changes as the program calls for a switch every two weeks. I had great results this week and I'm hoping it continues for the duration of my bulk.

Lusus Naturae

Awards
Program Change!

Alight, so today was weigh in day. I am now up to 211, which is a 4 pound increase over the last week. That makes brings my total up to 9 pounds in two weeks. These are good numbers. It is impossible for it to be all muscle of course. Today started my first program change. I do this every two weeks, per what the plan FLEX Magazine laid out. What I did the last two weeks took 5 days to hit everything. These next two weeks, I will only be lifting 4 days a week, and cram a little more in per workout. Today I paired chest and triceps. All around for chest, I had an increase on my lifts. Nothing drastic however. When I got to triceps though, I had to drop weight like crazy. They were already burned out from the pressing motions of my chest exercises. Having to decrease weight was frustrating, but I got a great pump and they were pretty much dead when I finished. 99% chance they will be sore later on. Also, I had to work out earlier because I was volunteering for an event. I managed to time my meals right so nothing got out of order. Overall, it was a great workout.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks great Lusus...unbelievable gains for 2 weeks!! Keep it going.

Lusus Naturae

Awards
I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, but I did my legs. For some stupid reason, I walked out of the door without taking a preworkout supplement. Fortunately, I have some stims in my gym bag so I took one of those. I had another great workout. My leg days have become much better lately, both because I am lifting heavier weight and I seem more focused than I used to. I went up in everything. I managed to not lose my last weeks log so I had something to go off of. Even though my training split changed, I am doing many of the same exercises. Using that, I added about 10 pounds on all of my lifts. I maxed out both the leg press and leg extension machines. They are the kind with the premade weight stacks. For some reason the school tends to cater to the mainstream sissies than bodybuilders. I don't know why they didn't get the kind that you can put on the plates yourself. /rant. I had a good workout. Today is actually a rest day. This is probably my first weekday rest in at least a year so I'm not sure if I will know what to do :p

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eat and rest all day....GROW!!

Lusus Naturae

Awards
Today was shoulders and traps. Throughout the entire workout I had a great pump. I went up slightly in everything. I did not have a big increase. My shoulders are my most stubborn body part so I will take everything I can get :) Traps workout was really good. I added about 40 pounds on BB shrugs, but I did a few less reps. The dumbbells at the gym only go up to 85 so I just used those for more reps than what the program called for. I used Nutrex Ignite and Xpand pre-workout today. The Ignite really seemed to get me focused. For my first time trying it, I think it worked very well, just needs a nitric oxide booster to go along with it. Still feeling stronger, and I'm liking it :p

Lusus Naturae

Awards
I closed out this week with back and biceps. Overall for back I went up a little bit in every lift for back. I had a belt this week so I was able to add weight on bent over BB rows. I was able to do a couple more pullups than last week. I ended up using the entire weight stack with sitting cable rows. I had a great pump in my lats. They kind of felt like I had some new muscles there, if that makes sense. The program only called for 3 biceps exercises, which is far less than I normally do. Doing back first pre-exhausted my biceps so I was definitely feeling the exercises. Because of this, I did not go up in weight with my biceps. Both my back and biceps have a little bit of soreness. I used Ignite and Axis Labs Hemodraulix for this workout. Seems like a great combo. I definitely had a strong pump during my entire workout.

Lusus Naturae

Awards
I weighed myself today, but it was during my workout rather than in the morning after breakfast because I forgot to do it :p I ended up being 212 pounds, up 1 pound. I wonder if the difference in weigh time skewed my results at all? Today was chest and triceps. I hit a speed bump with chest. I didn't really go up in anything. The bench is just a stubborn plateau for me. Strange thing is, my chest still seems to be developing. People have told me I look like I can bench about 150 pounds more than I really can lol. Triceps I went up a fairly good amount. Did much better on skullcrushers. I used Animal Pump even though I think it is not the greatest. I had a good pump but I normally get a good pump in my triceps. Minimal results from it once again. Still had a good workout.

Lusus Naturae

Awards
Sorry I wasn't able to post I never got a chance to have time to get on the computer. Tuesday I did legs. I had another great workout there. I went up in weight a little again. I have been having the best leg workouts of my life and I think it is starting to show. It just hurts so good :p I had a great pump the entire time. Wednesday was rest, and I did plenty of that. Today I did shoulders a traps. I went up 5 pounds in BB shoulder presses. Not much but I'll take it. On the other exercises I really surprised myself. 10 pound increase in upright rows. 5 in lateral raises, and 10 in reverse pec deck. With BB shrugs, I used the same weight, but got more reps with better quality than last week. DB shrugs were the same weight because the dumbbells only go up to 85. I did a few more reps with them though. I felt really strong today, and I could feel eyes on me lol. It's amazing how much the presence of good looking women can affect your motivation :) Anyway, tomorrow is back, and I'm ready to kill it.

Lusus Naturae

Awards
Today was back and biceps. Back was alright, I went up a little in a couple of things. I think last week I was possessed by some powerful force while doing bent over BB rows. I tried the same weight this time and had to cheat pretty badly to get it up. Overall had a good back workout. Biceps were very frustrating today. I did not go up in anything. It is strange because I am seeing and feeling a difference in my biceps, and I always get a good pump, but I just can't get them stronger. I sat there in between sets thinking about what I was doing wrong and I came to the conclusion that it is my right forearm that is holding me back from making strength gains. I had denied this for a while but now I realize that it is the truth. It always gives out before anything else, not just on biceps exercises. So, in order to bring it up, I will be using my hand grips a little bit every day with just my right arm to try to bring balance. Saturday and Sunday are off days so they will be good days to start.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had you injured the right forearm Lusus? Grip is so important in everything....sounds like a good plan to bring it up.

Lusus Naturae

Awards
Had you injured the right forearm Lusus? Grip is so important in everything....sounds like a good plan to bring it up.
Never had an injury, it's just that my left arm is far more dominant than my right arm. I'm not sure why, but I'm going to be using my hand grips a little bit every day to even them out.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Try tugging it more with the right...j/k bubba!! Throw in an extra set of hammers or pinwheels for the right arm and keep working it a little more until it catches up.

Lusus Naturae

Awards
Try tugging it more with the right...j/k bubba!! Throw in an extra set of hammers or pinwheels for the right arm and keep working it a little more until it catches up.
Good idea it can't hurt to switch thing up lol. I started a different routine on Monday, which is a three-day split. I did chest, shoulders, and triceps. That seems like a lot for one workout but it was only three exercises each since I will be doing them again on Thursday. I didn't have anyone to spot me on chest, so I did not attempt to move up in weight. I tried more to get of a feeling from the movements. Same with shoulders and triceps. The strange thing is that it is Wednesday and my chest is still sore so I did something right. Good workout. Tuesday was legs. Instead of adding weight to my squats, I decided to drop weight and use better form and go down further. My legs burned from doing this. When I was done with quads and hamstrings I thought I was going to throw up. I guess that means I pushed myself yesterday :) I think that my legs are coming along better than any of my other bodyparts.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like you did some damage Lusus! Nice job...

Lusus Naturae

Awards
Today my legs are sore just I thought they would be. I did back, biceps, and forearms today. Again, I did not move up in weight, but focused more on the movements to get more feeling. I got a good pump in every body part. I really felt it in my biceps even though I only did two exercises for them. On forearms I tried to put more emphasis on my right arm. I had a hard time flexing it when I was through :) Good workout today.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It will take some time to get it even but, keep at it.

Lusus Naturae

Awards
Today I did chest, shoulders, and triceps. First I did DB bench presses. I always use the heaviest in the gym (85s) but today I could only find one of the two DBs. This was somewhat frustrating, so I used the 80s and tried to get better quality reps. Incline flyes and cable crossovers went well though I did not add weight. Got a good pump in my shoulders. They seem to be filling out a little. Do you think DB or BB shoulder presses are better when standing or sitting? The program doesn't specify so I was wondering what you all thought is better. I did standing today. Triceps were great. I only did 2 exercises for them but still got a strong pump. It was very warm in the gym today and I had a good sweat going on. I would much rather sweat than be cold though :)

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love sweating like mad when working out. Your question on standing or sitting military presses really has no one answer being better than the other. The standing press will not be as heavy as the sitting just because of having to stabalize yourself in order to perform it. I rotate back and forth with sitting one week and clean and presses the other. Keep pounding bubba!!

Lusus Naturae

Awards
Yesterday was legs. The program called for front squats. I haven't done those for a while so I really felt it working. I didn't use more weight than I used to, but I was going down lower. All of my other exercises went good. Once again I had a great workout for my legs. Today I did back, biceps and forearms. I think using lighter weight with better form is working very well. I only did three exercises for back, but it did the job and I got a strong pump. For some reason my biceps were sore today before I even started to lift. I have no idea what caused it since I did legs yesterday. I only did two exercises for biceps, but they felt like they were going to explode. I'm still holding a pump in them. Once again on forearms, I tried to pump more emphasis on my right arm. It seemed to work well. Good workout today.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you think your biceps were being used at all holding the bar on your shoulders for the front squats? If not that then the back workout hits them pretty good as well. As far as form...never get sloppy for heavier weight. Stick to the good form and the weights will come. Have a great weekend Lusus!

Lusus Naturae

Awards
I try to rest the bar on my shoulders as much as I can and stick my elbows straight out so it is on a level surface. I didn't use too much biceps effort on squats. They were sore even before I started my workout. It is weird :)

Lusus Naturae

Awards
Alright I started the new week off well. I weighed myself in the middle of my workout and I was 215, so I went up four pounds I believe. Good progress there. Today was chest, shoulders, and triceps. I felt strong all day. I went up a little with incline presses, decline, and flyes. Shoulders didn't change too much but I still felt them. Triceps went good. I added a little more weight on close grip presses and grinded out a few more reps with one-armed extensions. Overall a solid workout.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats on the 4 pounds bubba! That is awesome. I would love to get a 4 pound gain. Keep it going Lusus.

Lusus Naturae

Awards
Yesterday was legs. Once again I did not add weight but focused on quality. I think I went down a little further on squats. I bent down lower on Romanian deadlifts and got a crazy burn in my hamstrings. Today was back, traps, biceps, and forearms. I did not add any weight again but my lats felt like they were going to pop haha. Once again for traps I was restricted to the max DB weight of 85. I still felt it because I took very little rest in between to make it harder. Biceps were alright. I can't seem to go up in weight but I can tell they are developing which is strange. Good pump in my forearms once again I tried to focus on my right arm. I had somewhat of a pump all day today. I'm not sure what determines if I have one of those all day pumps. It usually goes in small cycles. I don't know what it is I do since I pretty much do the same thing every day.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe the type of carbs you eat or the amount influences the pump. Love feeling pumped all day!

Lusus Naturae

Awards
Yesterday was chest, shoulders, and triceps. I had to go to another gym because the one at school was closed. Nothing significant to report. Sorry for being so blunt but I am moving out of the dorm today so I don't have much time.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You do what you can bubba. Have a great weekend!

lutherblsstt

Rolling now Lusus...keep that dosing protocol and you should be good to go. Lifts look great. Make sure the food and rest are in order to make use of this new weight you are pushing.
Wow! who is that in your avatar?