Continuing My Fat-Loss Journey With...

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

I recently won REDuction in a Controlled Labs promo, and decided that I would log my progress! :) Keeping a log on AM is just so much fun, and the accountability is great. Please feel free to join in!

Controlled Labs makes some great products that have become staples in my supplementation. I rarely hit the gym without my Purple Wraath and Glycergrow. I've heard that REDuction is a very effective fat burner, and very much look forward to seeing what results it provides me. :biglaugh:

Statistics:

BF: ~17%
Height: 5'9
Weight: 158 lb
Body type: Mesomorph

Goal:

Get down to 15-16% BF while gaining muscle and strength.

Supplementation:

Purple Wraath
Glycergrow
AI Essentials
Vitamin C
Dextrose and Maltodextrin (Intra-workout)
Assault
Whey Protein

Current PRs:

Deadlifts: 230lb for 3 reps
Squat: 175 lb for 6 reps
DB Bench Press: 55 lb DBs for 3

I will begin taking REDuction on Monday, when my first workout of the week is.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Fantastic! sub'd! cant wait to see how REDuction works for you.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
In. I'm interested how this works for you. CL is a great company, so I have high hopes. I wanted to stack this with a few other things.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
I bought a bottle during the incredible New Years sale. I have not cracked it open yet though so I am interested in your progress with it. Good luck!

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Consider these my before pictures for REDuction:

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Haha. I didn't even pay attention to the user name. Now after seeing the pics I am definately in. j/k

On a serious note...you are starting out pretty trim so this should be a good run for you. I plan on adding DCP to my Reduction when I start it. I was planning to start REDuction/DCP next week, but I will be doing a sponsored log in the near future and hate to cut short the weight loss stack when I run that.

Best of luck to you and do you have goals setup for what you are expecting?

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Haha. I didn't even pay attention to the user name. Now after seeing the pics I am definately in. j/k

On a serious note...you are starting out pretty trim so this should be a good run for you. I plan on adding DCP to my Reduction when I start it. I was planning to start REDuction/DCP next week, but I will be doing a sponsored log in the near future and hate to cut short the weight loss stack when I run that.

I'm just hoping to lose 1-2% BF while maintaining weight. From experience I can say that this is a very realistic goal for me. :) I'd like to gain strength as well. There is nothing better than to set a PR when cutting.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Tomorrow I will be hitting up the gym, as well as Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Right now I am doing 2 or 3 difficult full body movements in every workout, with other supporting movements included. Mondays and Tuesdays are usually low reps, high sets, while it is the opposite on Thur/Fri.

I've been fighting a cold for 3 weeks, and while my performance hasn't particularly suffered, my stamina has been very low. I've actually set PRs this past week which shows that my strength hasn't gone down. I'm hoping that working out will not hinder my recuperation.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established

I've been waiting to see a REDuction + DCP log. Hope you can post your experiences in some form or another :)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I've been fighting a cold for 3 weeks, and while my performance hasn't particularly suffered, my stamina has been very low. I've actually set PRs this past week which shows that my strength hasn't gone down. I'm hoping that working out will not hinder my recuperation.
I bet the PW will help in fighting off that cold!

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Things are looking good BW! Keep it up!

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Good luck; however, I question the use of Dextrose and Maltodextrin (Intra-workout), if your objective is fat loss.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Good luck; however, I question the use of Dextrose and Maltodextrin (Intra-workout), if your objective is fat loss.

I've only been using 25g of Carbs within every workout. I've found that it has helped fuel my muscles intra workout, and helped me maintain my strength as well. Thus far it hasn't impeded my fat loss at all. In 5 1/2 months I've recomped from 23% BF to 17% and pretty much maintained weight. I went from 160 to 158 lb. All of this I did with Dextrose and Malto. :) I'm keeping that amazing muscle fuel in my workout because I believe it has helped me recomp.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I bet the PW will help in fighting off that cold!
Funny thing is, every time I have gone into the gym sick these past weeks, I've left feeling somewhat better. Last Tuesday I went in having decided that I would "take it easy" because I felt so bad. Yeah right! :31: I ended up setting a Deadlift PR! Hmmm... I think my supps had some influence there.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I've only been using 25g of Carbs within every workout. I've found that it has helped fuel my muscles intra workout, and helped me maintain my strength as well. Thus far it hasn't impeded my fat loss at all. In 5 1/2 months I've recomped from 23% BF to 17% and pretty much maintained weight. I went from 160 to 158 lb. All of this I did with Dextrose and Malto. :) I'm keeping that amazing muscle fuel in my workout because I believe it has helped me recomp.
Well, before I can credit your 23%-17% I would need to know what the diet and training was like. Any sudden change can equal some great results. But if you feel it is workout for you go for it.

I do not prefer carbs peri-workout, since it will blunt the release of growth hormone; in addition, studies have shown that 80% of glucose your body uses for training is via gluconeogenesis. I prefer BCAA's peri workout, such as Xtned, CORE ABC, or IntraBolic.

So, if you start to plateau you might want to revisit your Dextrose and Malto approach.

Good luck, just sharing my POV.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Growth Hormone is primarily released during a state of unconsciousness, i.e, when you're asleep. Intra-workout GH release is not going to be enough to impact you in the way that you are hoping, especially with the inclusion of BCAA or a similar intra-workout product. Why?

Because BCAAs are insulinotropic - they cause an increase in serum levels of insulin, which in and of itself is going to "blunt" GH release.

Furthermore, Insulin is the most anabolic hormone and using it properly is an invaluable tool. Intra-workout release reduces cortisol expression, increases stamina and protein synthesis and decreases recovery time. Dex and Malto are good choices for intra-workout insulin release because they are fast-digesting and provide a variety of polymer lengths, which results in greater glycolysis.

Dex and Malto on a recomp, used properly, are great. Leave GH release to when it's going to actually do something, and use insulin your benefit.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Growth Hormone is primarily released during a state of unconsciousness, i.e, when you're asleep. Intra-workout GH release is not going to be enough to impact you in the way that you are hoping, especially with the inclusion of BCAA or a similar intra-workout product. Why?

Because BCAAs are insulinotropic - they cause an increase in serum levels of insulin, which in and of itself is going to "blunt" GH release.

Furthermore, Insulin is the most anabolic hormone and using it properly is an invaluable tool. Intra-workout release reduces cortisol expression, increases stamina and protein synthesis and decreases recovery time. Dex and Malto are good choices for intra-workout insulin release because they are fast-digesting and provide a variety of polymer lengths, which results in greater glycolysis.

Dex and Malto on a recomp, used properly, are great. Leave GH release to when it's going to actually do something, and use insulin your benefit.
I agree with some of what you are saying, but since this is babywifey's log, it isn't the place for debate IMO; nonetheless, great post.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ha, Thanks for the explanation, R.

xjsynx: I attribute most of my fat loss progress to my diet and workout. The supps I take are only the icing on the cake. My diet is quite good. I stick with lean meats, TONS of veggies, and healthy fat (avocado, olive oil, natty PB, coconut). For breakfast I'll usually have more carbs than any other meal of the day. Usually I'll eat berries with groats and barley or something similar. All my meals are home cooked. I consume between 1900-2200 Calories a day, depending on my activity level.

I will actually be posting up my workout today after I lift. :) I have several other logs that note my fat loss progress these past 5 months, if want to look at the kind of lifting routine I was on, you will find them in these logs

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/104032-x-forcing-my.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/111464-bending-spoon-enter.html

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Because of this post, I think I may start adding 30g of WMS to my intra-wo drink, and take it out of my PWO drink. :)

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Because of this post, I think I may start adding 30g of WMS to my intra-wo drink, and take it out of my PWO drink. :)
I haven't been using any carbs in my post workout drink for a month now, and it has helped me lean out a lot. I've also gained a significant amount of strength! - This month I've been dipping body weight for 12 reps, 4 sets no problem, as well as 8x3 with 25 lb added to my body weight. You've been following all of my logs, so you know what kind of progress this is for me! ;)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I haven't been using any carbs in my post workout drink for a month now, and it has helped me lean out a lot. I've also gained a significant amount of strength! - This month I've been dipping body weight for 12 reps, 4 sets no problem, as well as 8x3 with 25 lb added to my body weight. You've been following all of my logs, so you know what kind of progress this is for me! ;)
Cooool. I'll give it a go, I guess...although, now that I think about...I'm getting about 20g of carbs, from both the Dextrose and WMS in my Anadraulic State...Maybe I don't need additional.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Geez, AS has 20g CHO in it? You could probably do another 25-30g intra, but's it's your call.

The more I've messed around with my peri-workout nutrition, the more I've found that Intra makes the biggest difference, performance wise.

I do, however, still take Essentials+Joint, 15g EAA and Combustion pre-workout; but I consider those the "primer" for the goodness to come while I'm lifting.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's got 13g/scoop, and I take in 1.5 scoops intra-wo.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok - well, if you're taking it Intra-workout, just adding another 5-10g WMS and maybe 10-15g BCAAs would be how I'd do it. But I'm a slut for extra BCAAs intra-workout. :D

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok - well, if you're taking it Intra-workout, just adding another 5-10g WMS and maybe 10-15g BCAAs would be how I'd do it. But I'm a slut for extra BCAAs intra-workout. :D
This is exactly what I've been doing, less the additional CHO intake. Seems to be working well...I rarely finish the whole thing intra-wo, though. I down about 1/3rd of it during the workout, and usually finish the jug by about 3pm, sipping it in between meals.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm feeling pretty bad today. :( this sickness is like a cold and flu combined. I think I will do some light weight lifting, and then sit in the sauna for a while. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow.

I took 2 AM REDuction pills this morning and until about 11:45 I had a nice flow of energy. I think being up and about all morning wore me out a little due to this cold, so I took a 45 minute nap. I haven't got much of an appetite, but I am now eating a bowl of home made turkey/beef soup. I slow cooked some turkey bones in a crock pot for 2 days and it has made a very delicious, rich broth. Added some veggies to that and some extra meat, this stuff is good! :)

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
I agree with some of what you are saying, but since this is babywifey's log, it isn't the place for debate IMO; nonetheless, great post.
I would imagine that if the subject is pertaining to her workouts/supplements/program, that it is a perfect place for debate, especially since you are debating with her and her workout partner/husband.

I tend to agree with Resolve and BW on the issue. Intra-workout carbs have NEVER impeded my progress in growth or BF% loss, in fact I tend to swear by them. Night-time carbs are my arch-enemy.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Day 1: REDuction

I took 2 AM pills 30 minutes before breakfast this morning. I had some steady energy for about 3 hours, but, unfortunately, my cold caught up to me and I began to feel very tired. After laying down for 45 minutes I felt much better and left for the gym. My workout was intense and exhausting.

8x3

Squats
Set 1: 135
Set 2-4: 155
Set 5-6: 165
Final Set: 170 (5-10 lb overall increase since last week)

Clean and Press

Set 1-3: 85 lb BB
Set 4-8: 90 lb BB (5 lb decrease since last week)

8x8
External Rotations: 10 lb DB

8x3
Hammer Curls

Set 1-5: 30 lb DBs
Set 6-8: 32.5 lb DBs

I did pretty well for how bad I am feeling. :/

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Clean and Press?

I'm impressed.
Thanks. :) I was doing 95 lbs for 7 sets last week. :/

I forgot to mention that I walked at 4 mph, 7 incline for 15 minutes after lifting.

I pushed myself too hard today. :( I'm going to take a break from lifting tomorrow, not only do I have to work, but I am just not feeling up to heavy deadlifts. :p Hopefully I'll be back in the gym on Thursday.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
So far so good. it can only get better from here. hope you feel better!

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys. :) I was resting all last evening, and I am feeling somewhat better this morning. REDuction seems to help keep my nose clear and taking a pain killer makes me feel almost better.

I dosed 2 PM pills 30 minutes before bed last night. I had a difficult time going to sleep, unfortunately. My body couldn't decide whether it was hot or cold, so I ended up tossing and turning a lot. I don't know if this was due to REDuction or if I just had a fever. Either way I fell asleep later than I had wanted. Hopefully tonight will be better.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I had a difficult time going to sleep, unfortunately. My body couldn't decide whether it was hot or cold, so I ended up tossing and turning a lot. .
I hate when this happens... and it happens often to me! Give it some time, or try to take the PM's earlier in the night, if this persists.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I hate when this happens... and it happens often to me! Give it some time, or try to take the PM's earlier in the night, if this persists.
Okay. Yeah, it happens to me even when I am not sick, thankfully not very often. I really think that it was this sickness. My whole neck is soo stiff and my head feels huge. :18::ugh1::burnout:

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys. :) I was resting all last evening, and I am feeling somewhat better this morning. REDuction seems to help keep my nose clear and taking a pain killer makes me feel almost better.

I dosed 2 PM pills 30 minutes before bed last night. I had a difficult time going to sleep, unfortunately. My body couldn't decide whether it was hot or cold, so I ended up tossing and turning a lot. I don't know if this was due to REDuction or if I just had a fever. Either way I fell asleep later than I had wanted. Hopefully tonight will be better.
Hope you feel better! SSCV always makes my colds seem to pass through my system faster. I don't push myself hard, but just work up a little sweat and get my blood flowing. Seems like my body "wakes up" and takes care of itself faster.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm feeling a little bit better. I am sooo tired. I haven't been this sick for a long time. :( Tomorrow is another relaxed day, so I should be recovering quickly here.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Today I felt much better than yesterday and Monday. :) I haven't been quite as tired and reduction has provided a steady flow of energy. I am debating with myself as to whether I should workout tomorrow though. I don't want to relapse. I think I shall play it by ear.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Today I felt much better than yesterday and Monday. :) I haven't been quite as tired and reduction has provided a steady flow of energy. I am debating with myself as to whether I should workout tomorrow though. I don't want to relapse. I think I shall play it by ear.
Good idea ... although I would workout ... :dl::18:

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
:p I am actually leaving for the gym right now. :) updates later this evening!

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
REDuction: Day 4

Last night I slept soo well. This past week I haven't had as much sleep as would like, and I think that could be why I have remained so sick.

My workout was much lighter and easier than usual, but it still wore me out! :yawn: I am just very sleepy.

4x12

Leg Press: 180, 230 lb
supersetted w/ supinated narrow grip pull downs: 105 lb

DB Shoulder Press: 30 lb dbs

2x12

Cable Tricep extensions: 70 lb
w/ Cable Reverse Curls: 40 lb

Bleh. My strength and energy are not back to normal yet. I'm having a hard time figuring out how much energy REDuction is providing me because I am not feeling quite myself. I look forward to being better.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
REDuction: Day 5

I am feeling almost 100% better! :D I'm very happy.

This morning I took REDuction at 7:30 and crawled back into bed for a half hour until I could actually eat breakfast. Exactly 30 minutes after I dosed the two pills, my whole body seemed to heat up and my stomach burned somewhat. It was a weird feeling! - I'm assuming that this was caused by the cayenne.

I will be working out this afternoon. Since I skipped Tuesday's workout I may do that one. It would be 8x3 for Deadlifts and Dips. My other option is 4x12 for Romanian Deads w/ Incline Press or Cable Press. Hmmmm... decisions, decisions.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
8x3 deadlifts and dips? damn, your not messing around. :D

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Workout:

8x3

BB Deadlifts: 185, 195, 205, 210, 215 lb

Dips: Body Weight8 + 15, 25, 30 lb

4x3

Chin Ups: Body Weight

BB Bicep Curls: 50 lb

4x8

Lat Raise: 15, 20 lb

This workout was amazing! I was surprised that my strength was up so high. I set a PR for my dips as well as my Deads. :D

All day my energy has been very high and I haven't crashed from RED at all. :)< This makes me happy.