Nimbus Nutrition's Poseidon - 10 Day Trial (Sponsored)

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sun Feb 15: Day 1

Dosing: Took 2 scoops on an empty stomach after picking it up. Bad idea lol; got this huge flush, red spots on random parts of my face, neck etc. Definitely need to slow down my dosing :)

Mon Feb 16

Dosing: 1 Scoop pre-breakfast (Mild flush)
2 Scoops mixed in 1L of water, taken throughout the day.

Comments:
Nothing jumping out at me yet. I trained Thurs & Fri; taking 3 days off as I came home, going back to university of Tuesday, and will resume training on Wednesday. This is a 4-day recovery period. (Also took almost a week off before training those 2 days due to exams). R Finger still not 100%, don't think I can do any pulling motions for another few days atleast.:dead:

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established

Dosing: Took 2 scoops on an empty stomach after picking it up. Bad idea lol; got this huge flush, red spots on random parts of my face, neck etc. Definitely need to slow down my dosing :)
Got to slow down there sparky! Haha.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established

Mon Feb 16

Dosing: 1 Scoop pre-breakfast (Mild flush)
2 Scoops mixed in 1L of water, taken throughout the day.

Comments:
Nothing jumping out at me yet. I trained Thurs & Fri; taking 3 days off as I came home, going back to university of Tuesday, and will resume training on Wednesday. This is a 4-day recovery period. (Also took almost a week off before training those 2 days due to exams). R Finger still not 100%, don't think I can do any pulling motions for another few days atleast.:dead:
LOL, i did 1.25 scoops and had a horrible flush. I could only imagine 2 scoops on an empty stomach. You had to be tingling and burning up!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the flush can be powerful. I would suggest upping your water intake, and it should help to minimize it

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
The flush normally kicks my ass in the mornings or if i haven't eaten. Sometimes i won't get one at all if i dose after eating :)

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
the flush can be powerful. I would suggest upping your water intake, and it should help to minimize it
The flush doesn't bother me that much; it's just that I was out in the mall and people probably thought I was dying from severe allergic reaction. I found it all quite amusing :)

Took a 2nd scoop right before falling asleep for a nap along with 1L water, and woke up very thirsty. Just had 750 mL water and a 3rd scoop. Definitely the faster I drink it, the more I tingle. A bit of red at the knuckles.

I'm still undecided as to what I should dose per day. I think I'll do 4-5/day. I'm not sure if the 440gm containers are normally this empty, but mine was only about 35% full I'd guesstimate (Scale is back at university, will have it tomorrow night I believe).

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
I still haven't gotten mine yet . . hmm

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
in for this...good luck

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I'm still undecided as to what I should dose per day. I think I'll do 4-5/day. I'm not sure if the 440gm containers are normally this empty, but mine was only about 35% full I'd guesstimate (Scale is back at university, will have it tomorrow night I believe).
I think they used that container, but its not actually 440g. There is no way I'm going to get 90 scoops out of what is in it. I think they just put about 10 days worth in the 440g container.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think they used that container, but its not actually 440g. There is no way I'm going to get 90 scoops out of what is in it. I think they just put about 10 days worth in the 440g container.
Yup, just threw that out there incase I run short. I'll weight it tomorrow night, but I think I'll stick with 4-5 servings/day and see how it goes. So far all I've noticed is extra thirst; I'm heading to bed in 30 minutes and I feel like downing a liter of water.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tues Feb 17- Day 3
Dosing: 4 Scoops. 1 Pre Breakfast, 2 mid day, 1 in the evening.

Comments:
Well I've been off these last 4 days, went home and tried to recover/relax. I caught a cold somewhere along the way, and it is feeling deep in my chest. This is definitely bringing down my energy, hopefully I can shake this while still on Poseidon and can see some increased energy. Still too early to notice any effects.

Wed Feb 18- Day 4
Dosing: 1.5 upon waking (Good Flush), 2 MidDay (Chugged and no flush). 1 more later on

Comments:
Did legs today at the gym; my cold has really moved into my lungs, as I was coughing up some phlegm. Then I think I coughed it all up and my lungs started hurting; workout went so-so because I kept it short, only 5 minutes elliptical cooldown. I am liking the science behind it; getting all the magnesium and zinc would be very important if I was doing some serious cardio/sweating it all out. I can see how Poseidon would be a staple for an endurance athlete.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thurs Feb 19: Day 5
Dosing: 1.5 upon waking, 2 mid-day, 1.5 before dinner

Comments: Definitely can feel a cold coming on, it was there the last few days but I ignored it. I did chest / back today anyways. Used some lifting straps to do some rows and it went well considering hadn't worked it in 7 weeks. Definitely noticing less flushing; energy is low and I am taking naps. This is definitely due to the cold, feels like a bad one.

Fri Feb 20: Day 6
Dosing: 2 Upon Waking, 1 Mid-Day, 1 Later On

Comments:
Did deadlifts today, first time in 7 weeks w/ the help of lifting straps. Pushed hard and got 8x8 out, but in the evening I could feel my body saying NO.

I don't know if I should stop taking Poseidon or not, this is quite the bad cold. I can't evaluate any benefit on my sleep because it has been terrible with my sinuses all clogged up. I can't do any cardio, 5 minutes cooldown and my lungs were burning; all the coughing has really weakened them. Haven't been this sick in ages.

Sat Feb 21 Day 7
Dosing: 2 Morning, 1 Mid-Day
Comments: Rest day, might take Sunday of as well. I reduced my dosing down to 3 since I'm not active right now. Today was brutal; I couldn't bend due to the DOMS from deadlifts. I'm hoping I can recover enough to do legs tomorrow... although if I'm still really sore I'll stay in and rest.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Get better i am really sorry for you getting sick :(

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn, thanks for this thread Steveoph! I was planning my next cycle and I almost forgot Poseidon! That would of been a shame :(

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn, thanks for this thread Steveoph! I was planning my next cycle and I almost forgot Poseidon! That would of been a shame :(
Yes it really would have :eek: :D

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Hmm .. I still haven't received mine.

Glad to see you're liking it.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Are you going out of your way to do anything different to try get rid of the cold?

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How ya feeling?

Hopefully all is better now.
Almost, got 10 hours of sleep last night (Was last for my first class today lol); the cough is almost out of the chest, sinuses clearing up, not all-clear yet.

Are you going out of your way to do anything different to try get rid of the cold?
I upped my Vit C for 5g/day, including the Poseidon dosing in there. I made sure I got 9-10hrs of sleep and cut all cardio out, and limited my gym sessions to 45mins max, with more rest days in there. I didn't want to add any natural remedies like Echinacea, Garlic, Panax Ginseng, etc. which may have affected me. Ideally I wouldn't have got sick :( I ran out of Poseidon on my Monday morning dose. I am mid-final update, started it last night before I fell asleep.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sun Feb 22nd: Legs Day 8
Well my back was too sore from deadlifts on Friday to do real squats, so I had to settle for Leg Press. My cold was pretty terrible, got dizzying headaches, but managed to push out 10x10 on the leg press with a nice slow tempo. Took 2 upon waking, 1 intra-WO and 1 mid-evening. I could barely notice the different taste in the Purple Wrath, the colour just blended in :)

As for energy/mood, today is slightly better than yesterday in terms of recovering from the cold, just barely. Low energy, didn't even attempt cardio.

Mon Feb 23rd: had the end of the container, just shy of 1.5 scoops with breakfast. Very light niacin flush. Unfortunately didn't last the full 10 days.

Final Thoughts/Comments

Taste was neutral, no issue here. Mixability was simple. The profile of Poseidon is brilliant, especially for people who train endurance and lose alot of electrolytes during their workouts. I think Poseidon would be a perfect addition to an intra-WO drink like BCAA's.

As for results/effects, I'm rather disappointed in my inability to rate this product due to my flu. If I had any idea it was going to be such a bad cold, I would have simply waited a week, but foresight isn't my gift. I will be picking up a tub when Poseidon goes on sale at NutraPlanet (I'm sure it eventually will :D ) , and I will be making a longer/more thorough assesment, but from this run I wasn't able to assess energy; I was very fatigued. As for improved complexion, I oddly experienced dryer than normal skin... I think this is just due to the cold-spell that hit at the same time, but that is what I observed. I also noticed slight increase in thirst the first day, but not after that. Obviously I couldn't assess the improved immune system, CNS recovery, sleep (nasal congestion ruined this) or mood elevation.

Sorry for the lack-lustre review. But I will make this up with a longer run. Any further questions , let me know. However I am still impressed with the formula in Poseidon, and feel it has some great potential.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I use 3 scoops in 32oz of water first thing in the morning with my egg whites/oatmeal. The flush is a good thing, for me; I love it!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use 3 scoops in 32oz of water first thing in the morning with my egg whites/oatmeal. The flush is a good thing, for me; I love it!
From what I read, you're supposed to build up a tolerance to Niacin. Or maybe that guy was just pushing his product which he claimed would always give you a flush :lol: But I love the flush feeling, it's just the funny looks I get when my face goes all splotchy that gets people looking. I love the flush as well.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha nice! I usually still only do 1-1.5 in the morning...but dang i still get hit pretty hard from time to time...warms me up tho on cold mornings :biglaugh:

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
From what I read, you're supposed to build up a tolerance to Niacin. Or maybe that guy was just pushing his product which he claimed would always give you a flush :lol: But I love the flush feeling, it's just the funny looks I get when my face goes all splotchy that gets people looking. I love the flush as well.
1 scoop isn't enough for, never has been. 3 on an empty stomach is the best!
I also use 3 more with my BCAA/EAA cocktail before bed. My skin has never been as healthy as it is now (over a year of use). Sometimes I'll add 3g of BA with it for shits and giggles. :D