Voodoo74's Generic Labz X-Mass log (Sponsored)

Voodoo74

Awards
Voodoo74’s Generic Labz sponsored X-MASS log

This is my first foray into more extensive supplements so advice is defiantly appreciated. (As I’ve not done this before so I’m blatantly copying MgoBlue’s format.)

Personal Info:

34 years old
5’7” 154
BF% 28.7

i.e. A definite beginner in all of this.

PH Experience:
None

Training Regiment:

Getting to the gym about 5 day a week currently

Day 1: Cardio/Chest/Tricep
Day 2: Cardio/Back/Bicep
Day 3: Cardio/Legs/Shoulders
+Stomach exercises on any day I have time

I know lots of cardio might be counterproductive to some of my goals but I find it keeps my mental health on an even keel so its staying.

After getting to the gym fairly regularly last year with some results, more fitness more than muscle growth, I hadn’t been much since October (holiday/ill/xmas). Got back to 2/week from Jan and now up to 5/week again.

I have a program review at the gym soon so this might all change then.

I’ve been upping my calories and splitting it into 6 meals/day which is going ok so far. I’ve also making sure I’m getting lots of water in the daytime.

Other supplements currently using;
Creatine
L-Glutamine
L-Arginine
BCAA
ZMA
HMB
Multivitamin +Vit C + Garlic
369 Omega Oil

Not sorted out what I’m going to be doing PCT yet, I figured that I should see how the X-Mass is affecting me and once I’ve got through half the cycle see what needs to be done. I’m a student so I have definite budget limits though.

I should be able to post nearly every day, but I’ll defiantly post for each day, even if it’s a day late. I’ll be commenting on weight, strength, mood, libido, sleep and appearance in the mirror. I’ve not taken measurements before so I’ll skip that as I don’t think it’ll be very accurate

I’ll get a start picture up soon and post more pictures if I think there are noticeable results.

As I said comments and advice are appreciated but don’t get too technical – I might be pretty smart when it comes to Uni but this is all new to me.

Thanks to Generic Labz.

Voodoo74

Awards
The X-mass arrived today, I'm away tomorrow so I'll start on Friday and first log post should be up Saturday.

Voodoo74

Awards
Day 1 – Feb 13th
Strength: New program so hard to judge
Mood: Good, coping with stress well
Libido: Same
Sleep: Slept well for the first half of the night but after I woke in the night I never really got back to sleep properly – not unusual for me.
Mirror: Nothing to note

First day of new program as well – instructor has me on a Matrix program and I have to say its hard going but feels like its doing good. Chest and shoulders today. Following advice I’m taking 40mg with both pre and post shake.

Voodoo74

Awards
Day 2 – Feb 14th
Weight: 158lbs (after work out)
Strength: Sill only second day of new program
Mood: Excellent, but then again it was valentines day.
Libido: Ditto
Sleep: Slept well
Mirror: nothing to note

Don’t ache as much as I thought I would this morning after yesterdays work out.

Voodoo74

Awards
Day 3 – Feb 15th
Strength: Now been once through program so can start to compare
Mood: Excellent
Libido: High, getting more ‘twitches’ than usual
Sleep: Seemed to sleep ok but little energy first thing
Mirror: nothing to note

Remarkably little soreness from the new program workouts that are really pushing me.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This being your first cycle; I'd expect to see some nice solid steady gains.. lift on:usa2:

Voodoo74

Awards
Day 4 – Feb 16th
Strength: Tough going at the gym today, little energy
Mood: Good
Libido: Normal
Sleep: Seemed to sleep ok but little energy for the gym and didn’t want to get up

Chest and shoulders in the gym today – hard going with the lack of energy.

From now on I’ll comment on sleep from the night before.

Voodoo74

Awards
Day 5 – Feb 17th
Mood: Pissed and Sh*tty
Libido: Meh
Sleep: Good

University to day so no gym. Everything that could go wrong this morning did leaving me in a bad mood all day. Looking forward to the gym tomorrow.

Voodoo74

Awards
Day 6 – Feb 18th
Strength: Certainly up from last week
Libido: Good

Good workout, on arms today;
Swim (moderate lane swimming) 45 mins
Hammer Curl – 4 Matrix sets
Preacher Curl – 4 Matrix sets
Standing Bicep Dumbbell Curl – 2 sets @ 10 reps
Triceps Pushdowns – 4 Matrix sets
Overhead Triceps Extensions – 4 Matrix sets
Kickbacks – 4 Matrix sets
Cable Crunches - 2 sets @ 25 reps

Chatting to one of the personal trainers in the gym I got some advice about keeping my feet parallel when standing and pelvis level when sitting to help condition my abs better.

Voodoo74

Awards
Day 7 – Feb 19th
Strength: Good
Libido: Great
Mirror: Took another photo fro 2 weeks in – once I can post photos I’ll put up a progression.

Swam for about 30 mins then chest and shoulders workout. I was with my mate so we did a standard 3 sets workout as opposed to matrix sets as that’s not ideal when you’re not alone.

Lat Raises – 3 sets @ 10 reps
Shoulder Press – 3 sets @ 10 reps
Shrugs – 3 sets @ 10 reps
Flat bench press – 3 sets @ 10 reps
Pec Dec – 3 sets @ 10 reps
Cable flys – 3 sets @ 10 reps
Side Bends - 2 sets @ 17 reps

Still not getting much soreness which does make me wonder if I’m doing something wrong or just doing something right.

Voodoo74

Awards
Day 8 – Feb 20th
Weight: 160.5lbs (after work out)
Mood: A little low
Libido: OK
Sleep: Good but massively overslept

45 mins swim went well with only 1 rest break. After that in the gym;
Leg Press – 4 Matrix sets
Rotary calf – 3 sets @ 30 reps
Leg Curl – 4 Matrix sets
One arm dumbbell Row – 4 Matrix sets
Lat Pulldown – 4 Matrix sets
Underarm Lat Pulldown – 4 Matrix sets
Leg raises – 2 sets @ 20 reps

Any advice on the best course of action to target excess belly fat would be appreciated – though I’m defiantly putting on weight I’d like to feel more certain it isn’t fat.

Voodoo74

Awards
Day 9 – Feb 21st

Gym was good, was with my mate so I didn’t do any matrix sets.
Swimming 30 mins
Preacher Curls – 3 sets @ 10 reps
Hammer Curls – 3 sets @ 10 reps
Wrist Curls – 3 sets @ 25/25/20 reps
Err… a bicep curl on the cables that my mate showed me that I don’t know what its called – 3 sets @ 20 reps
Tricep Rope Pulldown – 3 sets @ 10 reps
Cable L-flys – 3 sets @ 15 reps
Kickbacks – 3 sets @ 10 reps
Side Bends - 2 sets @ 18 reps

I was in a rush after the gym to eat and get out so forgot to take my second X-mass pill after workout. I ended up getting a bit trashed and it was gone 4am by the time I finally got to go to sleep – though it was fun it’s thrown me off schedule.

Day 10 - Feb 22nd
Mood: Good then Low then Good again
Sleep: OK till I woke with hangover

Feeling rough and tried today so only went for a 30 min swim at the gym. Even then felt quite shaky and light-headed for a while. Feeling a bit narked that so far I haven’t received an invite to an old mates wedding – but its probably just Royal Mail.

Should get to the gym tomorrow but with Uni on tues and parents about wed-thurs I don’t think I’ll get much done this week.

Voodoo74

Awards
Day 11 - Feb 23nd
Strength: Poor
Mood: Low
Sleep: OK but overslept

No energy at the gym today and left feeling low. Impending doom of parental visit beginning to grate as well.

Voodoo74

Awards
Day 12 – Feb 24th
Mood: Mixed
Libido: Very High
Mirror: Nothing to note when stationary in from of the mirror but I think when I see my arms moving there is more there than before – perhaps is my body fat % was lower I’d be able to see more of what’s going on.

No Gym today since was at Uni.

Voodoo74

Awards
Stuff happens - not able to get to the gym on a regular basis for now - hence suspending log

FOOFAC

FOOFAC

Awards
  • Established
If you are going to do all that cardio I would suggest doing cardio or weights earlier in the day and the other later in the day. If that is not possible do your cardio after the weights. This will leave you stronger for your weight training sessions and you will burn more fat during cardio because of lower blood glucose levels post workout.

Voodoo74

Awards
With luck I'll be able to pick things up again next Monday (6th)