Lock, Stock, and Barrel LilPsych Gets Bulletproof (sponsored)

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Ok folks, here it is. My virgin sponsored log, and who better to do it with than Muscle Pharm. First and foremost, I would like to thank Muscle Pharm and Pmiller for giving me the chance to log their product.

Here is the run down, and a little about me:

Product: Bulletproof
Duration: I am going to go with the 5 on two off option until the supply is gone. This will allow me to compare the effects of the supplement to nights without it.
Goals: I am obviously interested in the sleep and recovery aspects of this product. I will compare it to other similar products that I have used in the past. I will also be looking for enhanced effects of GH secretion, by unscientific means. In other words, I will be looking for enhanced complection, decrease in adipose tissue, and faster recovery.
Diet: I eat clean six days a week with a cheat day on the weekend. Here is a sample of my daily food intake:

Macros: 3000-3500cal 35/45/20 P/C/F, roughly.

9a: bowl of rolled oats with protein and fruit
11a: One whole egg and 5 whites with a banana
1p: peanut butter and sugar free jelly on whole wheat, glass of milk
3p: can of tuna with sweet potato
5p: chicken breast with small serving of rice and veggies
7p: hand full of almonds with an apple
9p: one whole egg, six whites
12a: cottage cheese with flax and protein

post work out: two special k bars with a whey shake

This is generally how it goes, and I will not be running a play by play log. I just wanted to give you an idea.

Training: I have been training for most of my life, seriously for 10 years. Have been dieting consistently for about 4 years. My training style is a high rep protocol that is focused on intensity. I employ many super sets, ascending sets, and some times circuit sets. This fast pace method keeps my body fat low, and strength high. I work out each muscle group weekly: Chest, Back, Legs, Arms, and Shoulders. I've been trying to do arms twice a week to bring them up a little. I usually shoot for twenty sets, and mix it up regularly. Again, I will not be giving a play by play, my updates will more or less focus on the product.

I just recieved my Muscle Pharm samples in the mail today, and have just ingested a test dose. I expect the rest of it to get here on Monday. I wanted to include the test dose in the log because I was eager to get started.

First impressions: The taste is not bad, but it smelled kind of strange. I will give a full update in the morning.:rocketwhore:

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Well, I must say that I am impressed. About 15 minutes after taking the first dose, I started to feel it. I felt a warm sensation, with a bit of a body buzz. After reading for about a half of an hour, I was ready to drift off into the darkness of night. Saturday nights are hard for me, because I work 12 hour night shifts on friday, so sleep is usually minimal and interupted. Last night, I slept solid and had many intense dreams. I actually woke up during one of the dreams at about 3 am, and felt a tingling sensation about my face, almost like a marijuana buzz. I soon went back to sleep, and awoke to my 7 month old playing in her crib at about 7am. I must say, I feel very refreshed and well rested. This was a very good first dose response. Now I cannot wait until the rest of the shipment gets here. Until then, ~LP

Sleep onset:45 min
Sleep duration: 7 hours
Adverse/hangover effects: None

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
I have nothing to report today on bulletproof, but I did try my Assault sample yesterday. Again, I was pretty impressed. I got a good clean stim effect from it, as well as an incredible pump. I looked freakin' huge in the mirror! It did make me a little anxious at first, but once that effect faded, I was able to power through one hell of a work out. I can't wait to try my battle fuel and shred samples. Hopefully my Bulletproof will get here later today.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In!

Good luck, brother. I'm answering PM now. :)

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Good Luck Man, Let me know if you have any questions

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
I got my Bulletproof in the mail today, and just took tonights dose. :cheers: I took it on a completely empty stomach because I haven't eaten in about three hours, and am feeling sort of buzzed already. It hit me within minutes. Just a quick note about taking this product: mix it and consume immediately. I did that today, and it tasted much better. On the first test dose of Bulletproof, I mixed it and then let it sit for about 15 minutes before consumption. After sitting, the powder seperated from the water and it smelled really foul. This did not happen when I consumed it immediately upon mixing. Anyways, I look forward to getting a great nights sleep tonight. Today I did a quick back workout with a bit of cardio, and tomarrow I will be hitting arms. I will update rest and recovery status in the morning, along with any other noteworthy effects. Thanks again Muscle Pharm, thus far I am very impressed with the product line.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
What flavor BP did you get?
Only reason I ask is because I have tried both and found that the grape taste better with less water and the Orange Rasp taste better when its got some extra water. Either way make sure you are using really cold water to get the best taste out of it.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Only reason I ask is because I have tried both and found that the grape taste better with less water and the Orange Rasp taste better when its got some extra water. Either way make sure you are using really cold water to get the best taste out of it.
I got the orange raspberry, I mix it with about 4-6 oz of cold water. The taste is fine so long that I drink it right away.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Ok, here is my update for today. I fell short of my planned sleep allocation for today. After having a little trouble falling asleep, I slept like a rock the rest of the night. Deep REM sleep for most of the night, with vivid dreams. I did however wake up a little groggy this morning with a bit of a headache, that went away after a few hours. I only got about 6 hours last night, so I'm trying to get to bed a bit earlier. As far as recovery goes, I didn't really notice any change. My back got about as sore as it usually does, as the day wore on. Tonight I had a good arm workout, and had some good intensity for a late night workout. I really don't have a set time to go to the gym, as my wife's work schedule fluxuates. Anyways, here is the take home message:

Sleep Onset: 1.5 hours
Sleep Duration: 6 hours
Adverse/hangover effects: A bit groggy

One thing I must ad: My lack of sleep was brought on my outside circumstances, not the product per se. I think that if I got a full eight hours, I would have felt much better.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Here is todays update: Sleep was longer in duration last night, and I feel well rested. I did not have a headache, or any marked drowsiness. I fell asleep fast, even though some things that would have normally kept me awake happened (I forgot my cell phone at the gym last night, and I got a personal email containing information about my new job). I fully credit Bulletproof for allowing me to relax and fall into a deep sleep. Anyhow, here is the meat and potatoes:

Sleep Onset: 45 Min
Sleep Duration: 7 hours
Adverse/hangover effects: None

Also, I worked arms last night, and have virtually no soreness. Here is what I did:
Close Grips:135x10, 185x10, 205x10, 225x10-> 135x20
Skull Crushers: 70x10, 80x10, 90x10, 100x10
Cable Push Downs (double ascending):60x10-> 100x10, 60x10->110x10, (60x10->120x10)x2
Preachers:60x10, 70x10, (80x10)x2
Barbell Curls (triple ascending): (40x10->50x10->60x10)x3
Drag Curls: 35x10, 40x10, (45x10)x2

Then various core excersies and cardio

I think I am starting to get some of the recovery benefits of the deep, relaxing, GH releasing sleep, because this workout would have had me at least a little sore in the biceps. I am not working out tonight, but I'm hitting legs tomarrow. I'll update in the morning.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established

First off I would like to say that I love bulletproof. I have tried both flavors and I too find that less water for grape makes it taste better I used it first with 12oz of water and it was nasty, that was without letting sit or anything. The orange tastes much better than the grape with any amount of water but I prefer it at about 10oz. Also I would like to say that this sh1t makes me feel GREAT!! Both as I am about to go to sleep and when I wake up (as long as I get at least 7 hours of sleep). Also the first time I took it, I had not eaten for 3 hours, as I was laying down to sleep I closed my eyes and had instant dream visuals before I even fell asleep!! Great euphoria before you fall asleep and dreams are fascinating to say the least. I cant wait to get some more of this stuff I will def have to do a log on it sometime, if only I had some extra cash right now I would buy some more today.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
I took today's dose about 1/2 hour ago. I did not work out today, but decided to use BP anyways. I thinkI am still going to follow the 5 on two off protocol, with friday and saturday being my off days. We will see how it goes, I am definately enjoying the effects of better sleep.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Last night I got about 9 hours of sleep, and feel incredible. I slept great throughout the night, this is the most sleep that I got in a while. Usually I max out at about 7 hours and then wake up no matter what, feeling tired and groggy all day. Today I really feel great, thanks to Bullet Proof.

Sleep Onset: 1 hour
Sleep Duration: 9 hours
Adverse/Hangover Effects: None

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Well, last night was my last dose before taking a 2 day break. I think this will be good, as I am developing a tolerance to the sleep inducing ingredients. It just isn't hitting me as hard as it did initially, which makes sense given the ingredient profile. I've been trying to allow myself a full 8-9 hours to sleep, and I feel pretty good. Yesterday I hit legs pretty hard, and I am feeling sore. I will report on Sunday to compare a night without BP. Here is the breakdown:

Sleep onset: 1.5 hours
Sleep Duration: 8.5 hrs
Adverse/Hangover effects: None

One thing to note: I have been waking up extremely hungry lately, more than usual. Usually I fire down a cup of coffee before breakfast, but I've had to eat first. I think the BP may be having a positive effect on my metabolism.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
The past two nights, I have not used BP and the sleep hasn't been as good. I think it is nessesary for me to take days off, however, to limit tolerance building effects. Can't wait to get back in the saddle tonight.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah you and me both, its been a few days since the last time i hit up the Bulletproof. Ive been getting some crazy tingles/flush feeling lately when i take it.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
At least take two consecutive nights off each week, i personally am using BP M-F and taking off the weekends.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
I just dosed for the first time since Thursday, and I am feeling a bit relaxed. I look forward to getting a good nights sleep, and will update in the morning.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Took me a while to fall asleep, but I did sleep good. Intense dreaams throughout the night, and I awoke well rested. Woke up a bit sore from a heavey chest workout yesterday. Tonight i will be hitting back. Here is todays info:

Sleep Onset: 1.5 hours
Adverse/Hangover Effects: None.

I probrably will need a nap at some point today, as I did not get a full 8 hours.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Last nights sleep was good. About 7 solid hours with crazy dreams. I took tonights dose about 20 minutes ago, and must have gotten a big chunk of beta alanine because I notice a beta tingle that I haven't experienced with the product thus far. I still haven't noticed much in the way of recovery, but was told that it improves with continued use. Yesterday I had an intense back workout, and am tremendously sore. I hit a few excersises that I have not used in a while. Here is what I did:

Hammer Strength Pull Downs: 90x10, 180x10, 270x10, 270x10->180x20
One Arm Rows: 65x10, 80x10, 90x10, 100x10, 110x8
T-bar: 45x10, 90x10, 135x10, 180x10->135x10->90x10
Reverse Grip Pull Downs:100x10,120x10,140x10,160x10
Superset Dumbell Pull Overs with Bent Over Cable Pulls x3
Extentions 25x5 sets

Sleep Duration: 7 Hours
Hangover Effects: None

Tonight I am going to bed early, I've had a very busy day. No work out today, but will try to at least hit bi's at home tomarrow. It's the Mrs. Birthday, so going to the gym is out of the question. :fest30:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
good stuff. i think the GABA can cause flushing too, i get it alot lately, trippy feeling.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
good stuff. i think the GABA can cause flushing too, i get it alot lately, trippy feeling.
I agree with PP, you most likely got a little GABA flush. Shake the container up a couple hours before your next dose and that should help disperse any hot spots of GABA.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Did an at home arm and ab workout yesterday with some dumbells that I have. Wasn't the greatest, but got the job done. Last night, we had a severe windstorm in SW PA, and I woke up several times throughout the night. Went to bed reasonably early, and feel pretty good today. Today is leg day, and am looking forward to it. Here is last nights info:

Sleep duration: 8 hours, disturbed

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Tonight marks the end of my second week, with approximately two more to go. So far I am impressed with the product. I have been better rested, and quicker recovery and improvements in my complexion are starting to become apparent, which means that my natural GH levels are elevated. I will give an update on tonights sleep in the morning.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Back in the saddle tonight, after a two day break. I have about 10 days left on BP, and I've gotta tell you I'm digging it so far. The sleep has been excellent, and I'm starting to get some of the recovery benefits. I just took tonight's dose, and am ready to drift off to sleep here shortly. I'll update in the morning.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Excellent log so far, I might have to try bulletproof in the future as I am a fan of GH type products and have tried at least 4 others.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Again, a great night of sleep. Intense dreams as usual. I had a bit of a headache as I got up, but it dissipated quickly. I have very little soreness with regards to my chest workout yesterday, which is surprising because I really pushed it yesterday. Today is back day, which is one of my favorites. Here is the breakdown:

Adverse/Hangover Effects: Slight headache upon waking, but disappeared within 10 minutes.

Notes: I had no trouble falling asleep last night, which is surprising because I had a treacherous drive home due to some late night snow. I worked until midnight, and skidded off the road half a dozen times on my commute home. Usually, I have trouble falling asleep right after work on a usual night, not to mention the excitement of last night. That adrenaline would keep me up for hours under usual circumstances. Instead, I dosed as soon as I got home, played around on the internet for about 40 min., and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. Taking Bullet Proof on a completely empty stomach, and taking some "off" days consecutively during the week seem to be the key to this products effectiveness. When taking BP, I make sure not to eat for two hours prior to the dose, and then I wait about 1/2 before my last meal of the day. This method seems to be working quite well for me, and does not seem to interfere with the absorptionof the active ingredients.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Excellent log so far, I might have to try bulletproof in the future as I am a fan of GH type products and have tried at least 4 others.
Yeah, I think you'll like BP. My use of GH boosters is limited to Powerfull, and bulk 1-carboxy. BP is certainly superior in terms of rest and relaxation effects, but the only drawback is you cannot take it in the morning, or before a work out, where as you can with PF.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff man, looking strong. Keep up the great work... I think we have a great product to try out here.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice log man, you diggin the BP?

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, so far so good. I'm into my third week, and definately noticing some recovery effects. Sleep has been great. How about you?

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the lack of an update this morning, I had some business to attend to. No ill effects, pretty much the same update as the previous day. I noticed very little soreness this morning, and I worked my back hard on Monday, in fact I was really pumped after working out. Moreso than from just creatine alone, although this product doesn't have any contributions to "pump" that I'm aware of. I just felt really full . I'm looking forward to legs tomarrow. All that I did today were some abs, in the comfort of my home. Will give a detailed report on Thursday (after leg day).

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
It took a while for me to fall asleep last night. I don't know if it was related to the BP, or if my mind was just running on overdrive. When I work out later in the evening, I seem to have some trouble falling asleep. I still woke up pretty well rested. Today is leg day :head: I will give a detailed workout log, to really see what kind of recovery benefits I get. The recovery really seems to be picking up in this third week, so I will try to hit it really hard tonight.

Sleep Onset: 2 hours

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, so far so good. I'm into my third week, and definately noticing some recovery effects. Sleep has been great. How about you?
its been nice!

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Alright, leg day was yesterday. The workout wasn't as good as I had hoped, but it was decent. My eating schedule got kind of skewed under the constraints of time, so strength and energy were a bit off. However, upon waking I notice very little soreness. Here is my workout:

Warm up with 3 sets each leg extensions and hamsrting curls
Free Squats: 135x10, 185x10, (225x10)x3, 275x8, 275x8->225x10->135x12
Straight Legged Deads: 135x10, 185x10, 225x10, 225x10->135x10
Traveling Lunges (dumbells):30x20, 35x20, 40x20
Standing Calf Raises (ascending double) super setted with Seated Calf Raises x 4 sets

I dosed BP at about 930pm, but didn't go to bed until about 11pm. I was finishing up a few things that took me longer than I anticipated. I slept ok, but woke up several times throughout the night. I did however get some solid sleep with vivid dreams. I felt pretty good this morning, after about 9 total hours of rest. I am noticing a bit of a tolerence this week to the supp. I think I am going to take tonight off, since I am not working out today, and resume on Saturday.

Sleep Onset:1.5 hours
Sleep Duration: 9 hours, interupted

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Tonight marks the first day of my last week with Bullet Proof. This will be the fourth week, which will finish off the tub by the end of the week.:sad2: I had a killer chest workout today, and I am interested to see how I feel tomarrow in terms of recovery. I will give a full update in the morning.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I always start to get a little sad when I am about to run out of Bullet Proof lol...

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
its a solid product.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Todays update. I was really impressed with the recovery effects of this product. I can say without hesitation that it has significantly improved. Sundays chest workout was quite intense, you know one of those workouts that you can actually feel the muscle fibers tearing, yeah one of those. When I woke up today, I felt great. Bearly sore at all. This has been a significant improvement. Prior to Bullet Proof, I was really feeling that my body was starting to lag in the recovery aspect of my program. My diet and training are always reasonably dialed in, but the past year I have really felt a slow down in recovery time. When I was in my early twenties, recovery was always a breeze, I would be sore for a day and that was it. Over the coarse of the past year, I was really feeling sore for days on end. I swear sometimes after doing legs, I would be sore for two or three days sometimes longer, with no dramatic changes in diet or training. Now that I am approaching thirty, I don't recover from the grueling workouts like I used to. Bullet Proof has certainly had a positive effect for me in this area. Although I am noticing a tolerance to the supplement itself, it seems that the recovery effects are building. So far, this product gets a thumbs up in my book, and I'm not just pimping it because the log is sponsored. If it didn't do anything for me, I wouldn't say that it did. Today was back day, and it was a great workout. I felt strong and looked full, without taking any creatine as I usually do. I decided to cycle off of it to really judge Bullet Proof alone for my last week. Here are the stats:

Sleep Onset:1 hour
Sleep Duration: 8 hours

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
solid product, solid log bro! glad to see its helping you recover, i just like it for the sleep, i think i recover fast. I have been getting some zits in some odd places, not sure if its cuz the BP or what haha.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Today's update. Again, recovery was good. Barely sore from my back workout yesterday. I only got about 6 hours of sleep (not by choice, but circumstances), but I feel great. Well rested, well recovered.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
solid product, solid log bro! glad to see its helping you recover, i just like it for the sleep, i think i recover fast. I have been getting some zits in some odd places, not sure if its cuz the BP or what haha.
Yeah, I didn't nootice the recovery effects much until my third week. It has improved steadily since then.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
only on my second week so maybe I have much to look forward to!

ndawson89

ndawson89

Awards
Bulletproof sounds pretty good. I'll probably pick up some once I get my next couple of paychecks! Wahhh I'm poor wahhh

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Bulletproof sounds pretty good. I'll probably pick up some once I get my next couple of paychecks! Wahhh I'm poor wahhh
Yeah, I think I may take a two week break and then pick up some. MP had some half price discounts a few weeks ago. I'm sure they will have something similar soon. I'd like to pick up some assault as well, I really liked the samples that I tried.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
I just realized that their products are not available through NP. Thats odd, being that they are board sponsors. Maybe a rep could set me straight.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 0
General Chat 6
Anabolics 11
musclemaker Company Promotions 2
Anabolics 6