The Toco-8 Experiment

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Since I found little to no user feedback on this product, I figured I'll update this post with anything I notice from the product. As of now I plan to run it for 6 months at one scoop per day. I will be looking for improvement in skin and moreso hair regrowth/thickening. I'll update semi-regularly, but with this type of product there will be no immediate changes that I can imagine.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Nope, just running toco-8 solo in this department.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to hear, joebo! Toco-8 offers a wide variety of benefits ranging from cardiovascular health, cholesterol mitigation, and regrowth of hair. I'm looking forward to following along in your review. If you have any questions, just let me know. :)

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear, joebo! Toco-8 offers a wide variety of benefits ranging from cardiovascular health, cholesterol mitigation, and regrowth of hair. I'm looking forward to following along in your review. If you have any questions, just let me know. :)
How long before results in the hair department to start showing? I know in the study, it said a 43% increase in hair growth after a 6 month period I believe.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Just to keep this up to date. After about 1 week there is no noticeable improvements, but I would not expect any at this time. The product is pretty much tasteless and just mix it with a bit of juice. Nothing more to report at this time. I"ll check back in a week or so.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How long before results in the hair department to start showing? I know in the study, it said a 43% increase in hair growth after a 6 month period I believe.
Based on the study results, yes.

Here's a few postings eric has made in this regard previously:

I’d like to present our Tocotreinol product – .Toco-8 Tocotrienols have been proven to prevent hair loss, and promote hair regrowth, while supporting hormone production

Please see a quote directly from the human study for the hair growth benefits –

"At the end of the supplementation period, all volunteers in the tocotrienol formulation group had positive results, recording an increase in the number of hairs in the evaluation area. Seven volunteers (64%) showed regrowth of between 10-35% while 3 volunteers (27%) had 50% or greater regrowth. One volunteer had regrowth of more than 100%. The mean percentage of increase in the number of hairs is 42.4.+-.40.9% (mean.+-)."

To read the full patent, please visit here -
Hair growth formulation - Google Patents

Toco-8 can also help increase testosterone production by increasing testicular sensitivity to LH, thus increasing the testosterone response. This is a critical benefit for PCT, when testicular sensitivity is important for returning natural testosterone levels.

Get more info - Toco-8

Id like to link you guys up with the a couple radio interviews on the Tocotrienols product Toco-8. This is Carl Lanore’s show over at Super Human Radio - The World's First Broadcast Radio Show Dedicated to Human Performance

In the first interview, Carl Lanore interviews Eric Potratz about the history of tocotrienols & tocopherols, and presents the patented hair loss study and benefits of the tocotrienols [Toco-8] -

Quicktime - :: Super Human Radio ::
MP3 download - http://www.superhumanradio.com/media/pr/press/TOCO8.mp3

In the second interview Eric Potratz & Carl Lanore discuss the more specific properties of tocotrienols [Toco-8] and their benefits for hair growth, hormone production, heart health, ect -

Quicktime - :: Super Human Radio ::
MP3 download - http://www.superhumanradio.com/rss/2008/SHR_Show_184.mp3

Enjoy.

-Pp
Make sure to check out the radio interviews here as well. They display good info on the toco-8 product, as well as tocotrienols in general.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just to keep this up to date. After about 1 week there is no noticeable improvements, but I would not expect any at this time. The product is pretty much tasteless and just mix it with a bit of juice. Nothing more to report at this time. I"ll check back in a week or so.
The overall results are definitely more evident with continued use. Tocotrienols have so many amazing benefits, however many of these cumulative benefits aren't necessarily evinced by visual changes that you can physically see. Improvements to skin health and hair regrowth will be some of the more noteable visual demonstrations.

The truly amazing benefits they provide for cardiovascular/microvasculature health alone is profound. Improved health of systemic vasculature provides potent attenuation aspects on the development of heart disease, hyperlipidemia, atherosclerosis, and many other disease processes that can result from similar pathological process in general.

I'm going to make a consolidated thread in our section that demonstrates the benefits and studies of tocotrienols, and our Toco-8 product.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Awesome great thread guys, and great info Trauma. I have been looking into this product and virile mane as I have just noticed my hair slightly thinning and both my older brothers are going bald. I did not even know about tocotrienols until I stumbled upon this product on the boards. This is why I love anabolicminds, so much good information.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome great thread guys, and great info Trauma. I have been looking into this product and virile mane as I have just noticed my hair slightly thinning and both my older brothers are going bald. I did not even know about tocotrienols until I stumbled upon this product on the boards. This is why I love anabolicminds, so much good information.
Glad to be of assistance. :)

I'm working to put together a thread here in our subforum with a good amount of info on this subject, so stay tuned in the coming month.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Just an update:

I have seen no real improvement with hair regrowth yet, but its still very early. Can't say I notice much skin improvement, although i'm currently on accutane which has improved my skin since being on it. I will note that since I am required to get monthly bloodwork on accutane, my cholesterol values are actually improved even with being on accutane since my baseline values were taken 1 month ago. I did drink a MuscleMilk shake a bit before I began my fasting. I didn't fast as long as I should have, so that too could have affected baseline. We'll see next month if my cholesterol drops lower.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fasting for cholesterol bloodwork is no fun :( Thanks for the update, glad to hear the cholesterol is going down. After you finish the Toco-8, perhaps consider trying some Niacin (b-3) and seeing if that lowers your cholesterol more significantly (if it is causing you any concern).

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Fasting for cholesterol bloodwork is no fun :( Thanks for the update, glad to hear the cholesterol is going down. After you finish the Toco-8, perhaps consider trying some Niacin (b-3) and seeing if that lowers your cholesterol more significantly (if it is causing you any concern).

Niacin hammers cholesterol. Read the "All New 8 Week Cholsterol Cure"; it is a great book on this.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Cholesterol is of no issue to me as I'm in a completely healthy range. Its just better than before. I was running the 10 day trial of Poseidon prior to my bloodwork which may have impacted my bloodwork in a positive way as well. Guess I could have hit cholesterol hard between the two supplements.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just an update:

I have seen no real improvement with hair regrowth yet, but its still very early. Can't say I notice much skin improvement, although i'm currently on accutane which has improved my skin since being on it. I will note that since I am required to get monthly bloodwork on accutane, my cholesterol values are actually improved even with being on accutane since my baseline values were taken 1 month ago. I did drink a MuscleMilk shake a bit before I began my fasting. I didn't fast as long as I should have, so that too could have affected baseline. We'll see next month if my cholesterol drops lower.
Great to hear, and thanks for the feedback. You'll definitely notice the benefits more and more from this product the longer you are on it. Thanks for running the log. :)

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Niacin is effective in reducing cholesterol. Very effective.
Oh sorry I agree with you. I thought you were saying the opposite when you said "hammering". Just a misinterpretation. My experience with it has done wonders specifically for HDL levels.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Oh sorry I agree with you. I thought you were saying the opposite when you said "hammering". Just a misinterpretation. My experience with it has done wonders specifically for HDL levels.
Agreed. By "hammering" I meant "knocks the crap out of", not "makes it worse".

And the book I referred to, IMO, is a "must read". Its that good.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Just to update this thread...

Its been about 1.5 months on the toco-8 and have not seen any noticeable improvements. No additional hair growth. Is this best taken with a meal or on an empty stomach? The directions really don't say one way or another.

I really do not have much hair loss at all and possibly none... It might all be in my head. I have started to take saw palmetto at 320mg per day and just began using Revita Shampoo. I could be crazy, but my hair line looks slightly different to me. Then again, if you think about things hard enough you can start to believe them.

I'm curious as I can't seem to find it. Where is the actual write-up for toco-8's study which showed a 43% increase in hair growth. I would really like to examine the study to see what the exact conditions were. So far though.... Nothing from Toco-8 that I can mention physically

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Joebo, check out this thread i've started:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/primordial-performance/115853-primordial-performance-toco.html

I'll see if i can get the full study from eric to post up for you. Toco-8 is the type of product that will continue to evince its benefits with continued use. Many of the benefits that are demonstrated by this product are not physically seen per-se. Some of the many benefits this tocotrienol/tocopherol product provides are cardiovascular health and lipid modulation/maintenance.

We appreciate you giving your honest feedback. :) Have you had issues with MPB in the past?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would also take Toco-8 with some type of fat to significantly enhance absorbtion within the G.I. tract; this leads to much more effective systemic delivery and utilization.

Vitamins A,D,E,K are all fat-soluble in nature, and require some type of fat with their ingestion to enhance overall absorbtion.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Joebo, check out this thread i've started:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/primordial-performance/115853-primordial-performance-toco.html

I'll see if i can get the full study from eric to post up for you. Toco-8 is the type of product that will continue to evince its benefits with continued use. Many of the benefits that are demonstrated by this product are not physically seen per-se. Some of the many benefits this tocotrienol/tocopherol product provides are cardiovascular health and lipid modulation/maintenance.

We appreciate you giving your honest feedback. :) Have you had issues with MPB in the past?
I have have never touched any PHs or anything hormonal. My dad was losing his hair in his late teens, early 20's. Not bald, but typical MPB. I'm only possibly noticing slight receding. Probably not even a NW2. Either way, I don't plan to lose hair and will combat it as much as I can if I am really losing hair. I have two more bottles of toco-8 after this one and will continute use. At roughly $15/mth its a drop in the bucket. I just would like to read the actual study to see if the test subjects were pre-disposed to mpb or if they had healthy heads of hair and just had an increase in follicles. I guess its the little details which are needed, because just saying test subjects increased hair by 43% could mean a plethora of different things..

The "evaluation area" is another thing i'm curious about in the study....

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Am pretty interested in this as well. Have you started noticing more at this point?
Nope, nothing to report. The lack of producing the actual claim to fame study is a bit troubling to me as well...

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I guess its as good as one can get, but really i'm not overly impressed. If an area of only 1 hair was chosen and one hair sprouted, it touts a 100% increase.... Not that its inaccurate, but the claim sounds better than the results probably really were.