Wrasslin's Recomp (Unsponsored)

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Ok, I've been keeping up with Snag's log, and the idea of just aminos post-workout really looks like something to try out. This will be a recomp, hoping to trim up a little bit while building some muscle. I will start this tomorrow until my 1st jug of Purple Wraath runs out.
The Purple Wraath and Xtend is the main point of the log to see how aminos post workout will work instead of just a protein shake.

Diet looks like this-
Meal 1- half box of bran flakes with 50g whey and skim milk
Meal 2- 25g whey in water (got to chug between classes)
Meal 3- 3 tuna/turkey/or roast beef sandwiches on 12 grain bread.
Meal 4- 2 cans tuna+fat free miracle whip (post workout meal)
Meal 5- Chicken breast or turkey
Totals- around 225g protein, around 250-300g carbs (Saturday and Sunday carbs only with 1st meal)

Supplements-
Whey
Glutamine (10g before bed)
Purple Wraath (1 serving post workout and 1 during until Xtend arrives)
Xtend (during workout and when going out and might not eat for a while)
Calcium+ Vit D
Methyl Ripped (3 caps before morning cardio, 3 pre workout)
Methyl Lean (3 pre-bed)
Beta Alanine (3.2g pre-cardio, 3.2 pre-workout)
Chromium (200mcg with breakfast and lunch)
Digestive Enzymes (with every meal)
Fish Oil (6g with last meal.

Workouts-
45 min fasted cardio every morning Monday-Saturday
Monday- Chest/Back
Tuesday- Bi's/Tri's
Wedsday- Legs/Shoulders/Traps
Thursday- Same as Monday
Friday- Same as Tuesday
Saturday- Same as Wedsday
Sunday- off

Goals-
Get bigger while staying lean/possibly dropping a couple %BF.
Compete sometime soon, as I'm in the process of getting my NPC card.

Pre-Pics and stats-

16 yrs old
5'5
140lbs

Tomorrow we'll get this party started :food:

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Review

Methyl Ripped- GREAT stuff, I'll rate it as top 5 of all the fat loss/energy supps I've tried.
Methyl Lean- Now that was some great stuff, I believed that helped ALOT to get me in my condition, may have to buy more.
Meltdown- To give an idea, Levi Reloaded was my fav stim/fat burner until' I tried this.. this blows it away. #1 in my book.
Purple Wraath- Awesome stuff, will deffinitly be buying again. I love how it gets me pumped just by drinking it!
Xtend- This I couldn't feel it doing anything like I did the PW, tasted great, but for aminos I think I'll just stick with PW from now on.

Overall- The aminos before/during/after seemed to work great, but in my next log I'm going to try something else which I'll talk about in that log. So I'm not sure which works better, a protein shake post workout or the amino way. For some reason I could SWEAR I lost fat better when I did just the protein post workout.. seemed like with the aminos I didn't lose ANY more weight. Weird.

Now come checkout my new log!!

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Are you just using Aminos post workout on every training session, or just fasted in the morning...Sorry but its not very clear.
And what is the timing of your post aminos?

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Are you just using Aminos post workout on every training session, or just fasted in the morning...Sorry but its not very clear.
And what is the timing of your post aminos?
It's in the supplements part.
Yes I'm using them post workout, none during cardio.
I'll be doing one serving Xtend during workout, then a serving of Purple Wraath post workout followed by a meal 20-30 min later.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wow, glad I could inspire dude! :D

You're a cut fella aren't you? Nice physique dude, you've done some nice work. Are you doing a show or something?
I like your game plan.. supps look good as well.

Interesting coincidence -- the Methyl Lean/Ripped/Dry is in my arsenal as well, I was thinking about running that for my final 21-day approach to 'showtime'. So it'll be cool to see your thoughts on this.. are you using the Dry at the end of your run as well?
Look forward to seeing your feedback on the protocol.. I'll be watching (and chirping in I'm sure!).. Do it up! :thumbsup:

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Wow, glad I could inspire dude! :D

You're a cut fella aren't you? Nice physique dude, you've done some nice work. Are you doing a show or something?
I like your game plan.. supps look good as well.

Interesting coincidence -- the Methyl Lean/Ripped/Dry is in my arsenal as well, I was thinking about running that for my final 21-day approach to 'showtime'. So it'll be cool to see your thoughts on this.. are you using the Dry at the end of your run as well?
Look forward to seeing your feedback on the protocol.. I'll be watching (and chirping in I'm sure!).. Do it up! :thumbsup:
Thanks for the compliments.
I want to compete but I still havn't got around to getting my NPC card yet, planning to do that this summer.

The methyl lean/ripped is working GREAT.
I got the Ripped System for a good price and was buy one get one so I jumped on it.
I might try the dry at the end, just do like what I would do before a show so I can see what works for me when it comes time for a real show.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The methyl lean/ripped is working GREAT.
I got the Ripped System for a good price and was buy one get one so I jumped on it.
GNC shopper eh?? ;)

BTW - I'll add my .02 here on that BCAA intake level you're running.. a scoop of each Xtend & Wraath equates out to 14g BCAA/EAA. Based on your bodyweight, and to make this protocol optimal for you, I would recommend a total of 24.5g total intake, with approx. 40% consumed after training.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
GNC shopper eh?? ;)

BTW - I'll add my .02 here on that BCAA intake level you're running.. a scoop of each Xtend & Wraath equates out to 14g BCAA/EAA. Based on your bodyweight, and to make this protocol optimal for you, I would recommend a total of 24.5g total intake, with approx. 40% consumed after training.
No it was actualy on the internet.
So how would you recomend doing that..
1 serving Xtend during workout, 2 serving Purple Wraath post?
I also have some bulk BCAA laying around so I might throw that in the mix during my workout.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ahh.. GNC had a ton of that product in stores, and they're all over the clearance rack, due to expire 3/09.. as you know I work PT there.

To best utilize your Xtend/Wraath, I'd supplement those servings with the bulk BCAA's. So you'd have Xtend + 7g BCAA pre/intra, Wraath + 3g BCAA immediately post.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Is that methyl ripped hardcore or the original?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any reason why you're switching from PW to Xtend?...I definitely dig on Xtend, I used it during the entire Summer on my cut, but I think in the future I'll be using PurpleWrath + Bulk BCAAs. You're looking great, dude! I wished I had looked like that at 16yo. You're well on your way to being the next Shane Giese, but without the douchyness. :thumbsup:

Oh ya...Subbed.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
I think those kits only come in the hardcore series..
I Can get the original, i just wondered how it would compare, Have you used the hardcore version before steve?

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I Can get the original, i just wondered how it would compare, Have you used the hardcore version before steve?
I've never used any of it.. Only NxLabs/NxCare product I've used is Aminovol & the Plasmavol.
The Lean/Ripped/Dry series looked interesting to me, not only for the price I got it for ($12 for the set!), but for the diuretic Dry portion, as well as switching up my body from Recreate at the end of my prep to give the system a 'jolt'.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
I've never used any of it.. Only NxLabs/NxCare product I've used is Aminovol & the Plasmavol.
The Lean/Ripped/Dry series looked interesting to me, not only for the price I got it for ($12 for the set!), but for the diuretic Dry portion, as well as switching up my body from Recreate at the end of my prep to give the system a 'jolt'.
12 for the set..wohaaa:thumbsup:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't even know what this stuff is...Are these sales going on at all the GNC's, Snag? I could drop by the one near my house.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Depends, but they're scattered thruout the regions I'm sure.
Go check it out.

Not trying to hi-jack your thread Wrasslin. Let's tone it down in here. I don't want to be a billboard for GNC!! :eek:
:D

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love the dedication of someone at your age. I kno u have been on this board learning and sharing for awhile and its obvious bc u got a very impressive build at your age :eek:

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Ahh.. GNC had a ton of that product in stores, and they're all over the clearance rack, due to expire 3/09.. as you know I work PT there.

To best utilize your Xtend/Wraath, I'd supplement those servings with the bulk BCAA's. So you'd have Xtend + 7g BCAA pre/intra, Wraath + 3g BCAA immediately post.
Ok thanks for the help.
Until my Xtend gets here I'm going to do 1 serving PW and 7g BCAA pre/intra and PW+3g BCAA post.
Yeah after my bday and I get my license I'm getting a job at GNC.. employee discounts are nice :thumbsup:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok thanks for the help.
Until my Xtend gets here I'm going to do 1 serving PW and 7g BCAA pre/intra and PW+3g BCAA post.
Yeah after my bday and I get my license I'm getting a job at GNC.. employee discounts are nice :thumbsup:
I've applied for a GNC job a couple times...I think I'm over-qualified or something because they aren't hiring me...:think: - Maybe I'm asking for too much money. I have no idea...I need cash, though.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
I love the dedication of someone at your age. I kno u have been on this board learning and sharing for awhile and its obvious bc u got a very impressive build at your age :eek:
Thanks for the compliments.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
I've applied for a GNC job a couple times...I think I'm over-qualified or something because they aren't hiring me...:think: - Maybe I'm asking for too much money. I have no idea...I need cash, though.
Oh that sucks haha.
I know 2 guys that work there and they said when I turn 17 to come and I'm hired.
1st time I went there they flipped when I told them how old I was and now everytime I go there I spend atleast 30 min talking about supps/lifting/diet lol.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh that sucks haha.
I know 2 guys that work there and they said when I turn 17 to come and I'm hired.
1st time I went there they flipped when I told them how old I was and now everytime I go there I spend atleast 30 min talking about supps/lifting/diet lol.
I seriously think the managers are throwing out my app simply to protect their own jobs. Hahah. I swear that's what it is. The owner of Max Muscle said he's hire me in a heartbeat if he didn't just get an old employee back from Iraq, and I'd MUCH rather work there than GNC.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
I seriously think the managers are throwing out my app simply to protect their own jobs. Hahah. I swear that's what it is. The owner of Max Muscle said he's hire me in a heartbeat if he didn't just get an old employee back from Iraq, and I'd MUCH rather work there than GNC.
Oh deffitnitly.. the only other thing close to me is Vitamin World or whatever it's called and I'm not sure if they'd hire me or what their age for hiring is.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Few quick things; what are the fats like in your diet? Aim for 3g EPA/DHA atleast IMO; I also like the EFA Stack for a recomp. Same with coconut oil (instead of other oils). Oh and I;m a pistachio addict, but I've been out for 2 weeks and made up for it by demolishing my coconut oil supply lol.

6 Days of weights and 6 days of cardio is alot; at 16 your body can handle it, but be very careful of overtraining/fatigue. I would look into something to help keep your cortisol low; Do 2-3g VitC split up over the day, look into bulk Rhodiola Rhosea, and possibly some Phosphatidyl Serine (Or 7-Keto). Volcom has a really solid anti-cort line-up in his log.

Good luck!

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Few quick things; what are the fats like in your diet? Aim for 3g EPA/DHA atleast IMO; I also like the EFA Stack for a recomp. Same with coconut oil (instead of other oils). Oh and I;m a pistachio addict, but I've been out for 2 weeks and made up for it by demolishing my coconut oil supply lol.

6 Days of weights and 6 days of cardio is alot; at 16 your body can handle it, but be very careful of overtraining/fatigue. I would look into something to help keep your cortisol low; Do 2-3g VitC split up over the day, look into bulk Rhodiola Rhosea, and possibly some Phosphatidyl Serine (Or 7-Keto). Volcom has a really solid anti-cort line-up in his log.

Good luck!
Yeah thanks for the advice, I forgot to mention I do 6g fish oil a day.. I'll add that to top thanks for the reminder!
I don't have any fats besides that in my diet.. I've learned the hard way my body doesn't appreciate when I eat much fat thats not fish oil. I've experimented lots of ways, fish oil, flax, coconut, PB, all of them besides my 6g fish oil have made me into a big ol' :donut:
I've also tried keto dieting.. I wanted to die and I didn't even lose any fat, same with UD 2.0, I guess my body just loves its carbs haha.

Thanks for the anti-cort advice, I'll make sure to look into that. I was taking 3g Vit C before but ran out and havn't got around to getting more yet.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Ahaaa, then that certainly is hardcore, in the finest sense, you should get cut up on that buddy.
Oh yeah, I love this stuff!
My fav still goes to Levi though.
After the Methyl stack runs out I'm going to test out VPX Meltdown, got that at a good price a while back.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Day 1

Great cardio session this morning.. turned on Longest Yard, got on my stationary bike and listened to my ipod.. I think I'm weird because I just LOVE cardio. When it's spring/summer/fall I do cardio twice a day, I love the feeling it gives me and allows me to eat more while losing fat/building muscle.

As for the weights today it went like this-
Bench/out grip pull up super set 15/12/10/8/6
Incline bench/normal pull up super set 15/12/10/8/6
Decline bench/close grip pull up superset 15/12/10/8/6

Had the most insane pump today.. workout was intense.
I started sipping on my PW+BCAA pre workout and took my 3.2g BA then 15 min later worked out. At the end took another serving PW+BCAA. I have a feeling this protocol is going to be insane.

Right now about to have my post-workout meal of 2 can tuna+fat free miracle whip.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I guess my body just loves its carbs haha.
Ahh.. so then I'm sure you've noticed my use of Pslin after this 30min window of amino-absorption ends..
I could see that being very beneficial for you. Pslin with a 60-100g carb load, using like a banana/oats/WMS combo for your carbs, then protein added in for a shake, or egg whites seperately, is just phe-nom-en-al, really hammers home the nutrients. This is probably my fav way to use Pslin (but there are soo many!)..

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think I'm weird because I just LOVE cardio..
Yep..no argument from me! :D j/k dude

Had the most insane pump today.. workout was intense.
I started sipping on my PW+BCAA pre workout and took my 3.2g BA then 15 min later worked out. At the end took another serving PW+BCAA. I have a feeling this protocol is going to be insane.
Nice! :thumbsup:

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Ahh.. so then I'm sure you've noticed my use of Pslin after this 30min window of amino-absorption ends..
I could see that being very beneficial for you. Pslin with a 60-100g carb load, using like a banana/oats/WMS combo for your carbs, then protein added in for a shake, or egg whites seperately, is just phe-nom-en-al, really hammers home the nutrients. This is probably my fav way to use Pslin (but there are soo many!)..
Ah I wish.. I'm real low on money right now so I can't afford it.
When I get some more money I was thinking of AP/Pslin combo or just one of each to see how they work by themself then stack some other time.
I only wish haha.

And how could you not love cardio Snag.. I mean come on :D

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Ah yeah I get what you mean thats how I used to be.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Note from yesterday
Our school had a make up game for basketball yesterday, and of course I went to watch.
I decided since I wouldn't be eating for a while I want something to help me stay anabolic/anti-catabolic so I mixed a scoop of PW and went.
It was so weird.. I'm sitting there drinking it and like 5 minutes later I got pumped like I just got done working out, sick veins and everything, it was nice to say the least haha.
Just thought I'd include that in here because that was pretty interesting..

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Day 2

Great cardio session this morning.. I love the Methyl Ripped/BA combo, wish my bottle wasn't almost out!

Workout went like this-
Out grip EZ bar curl/tri extension superset 5x12-8
Reverse EZ bar curl/1 arm tri extension superset 5x10
Close grip 21's on EZ bar/1 arm overhead tri extension 3x10

Insane workout.. Got a new curling record, all with good form to. Did 145x3 on the EZ bar, I couldn't believe it. Also had the most insane pump today.. again.
Here's a pic I took when done..

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Me too. I just happen to have a personal photographer.. (aka the wife) ;)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You have such good separation! Lookin' great, man!

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Me too. I just happen to have a personal photographer.. (aka the wife) ;)
Haha lucky you!
I'm forced to workout at home now because the person who runs our school weight room is the wrestling coach and he's not to happy that I'm not wrestling anymore so I can focus on bodybuilding.
Saturdays are nice though because me and my dad go to World Gym and thats a great place.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Links in other people's logs.. :sigh:
Damn I find that so disrespectful.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ha I learned when I did in your log.. my bad about that.
No worries man..at least you were building/critiquing on a premise that I put out there. It was (is) relevant to my thread.

That whole thing tho: it's like "Hey, look at me! :wave: Come check me out!" and draws attention away from the time & energy you put into your own log. If you want people to come follow your log, PM them, or at least just put it in your sig line. People will hit the link up if it interests them, without taking away from your effort.

Especially just jumping in a thread, not even having shared any info or conversation, not contributing shit to the log, and posting a link.. :nono:

Ridiculously disrepectful as fuk.

But I'm just a dick that way I guess. Carry on.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Sorry if I caused you any disrespect Wrasslin.

What was your main factor in choosing bodybuilding over wrestling?

If my memory serves me right, weren't you one helluva wrestler?