kabuki

Awards
  • Established
My journey from
OBSCURITY to ELITE
and BEYOND
with USP LABS

OBSCURITY

Prior to my sponsorship with USP Labs I was a relatively unknown powerlifter. I was a respectable lifter on the local level with my best total of 1745 @ 242, but was not competitive on a national level at all. The only thing I had to differentiate me was my incredibly detailed online video log. It was with the detail and help and support that I provided others in my log that I landed the USP labs sponsorship. It certainly wasn’t any state level records that I held at the time. Because at the time other than my training log I was in relative OBSCURITY on a national stage.

ELITE

My sponsorship with USP Labs was no mistake as I had been using their products for several years and I knew there products delivered like none other. They were at the top of my list when it came to seeking sponsorship for this reason.

What changed at this point was the fact that instead of taking some of their products here and there, I was able to take their full-recommended stacks on a consistent basis. This combined with my aggressive training in an amazing manner. Within the first year of sponsorship my total SHOT UP OVER 400lbs!!! I went from a 1745 total to a 2150 total at the same weight class. This was not only was huge increase for me, but also on a national level. This was done in the APA federation as a Drug Free lifter and was a 130lbs over the current World Record. In fact this total would set the world record in most Drug Free federations or divisions.

In addition to the 2150 @ 242 total in the drug free class that year my best lifts for the year included an 850 squat, 650 bench, and 695 deadlift. A couple narrowly missed lifts include a 900 squat and a 730 deadlift. I also posted a 2075 @ 220 near the end of my first year with USP labs which ranked me 17th in the world that year when looking at all weight classes and all federations.

I had not only shot quickly to an Elite level with my consistent training and USP Labs support, I had quickly become competitive on a world level.

BEYOND

My goals now have shifted slightly with starting a new family, and although still primarily focused on strength, health and athleticism has become a bigger concern. At the 242lb class I was a bit on the heavy size and my waist was around 42” at it’s widest which is not desirable or healthy. I had to make large bodyweight cuts to even make the 242lb class.

With these goals in mind and USP Labs release of Recreate making a great fat loss stack with Anabolic Pump, I decided to start stripping some fat off. So far I have taken off 30bls of fat and 6” off my waist! My abdomen at its widest point is now 35” and I am at a point I can compete in the 198lb class.

People in my training logs often ask about strength loss with such a large cut in bodyweight. I have indeed lost some leverages from the loss in weight but they payoff in athleticm, endurance, health, and dropping two competitive weight classes have certainly made it worthwhile. Even with the loss in leverages I have maintained a phenomenal level of strength while cutting and would refer to my videos of a 660x12 deadlift and my Ab Wheel from Standing Position (Wheel O’ Death) x20 to support that argument. This is something you don’t normally see, let alone see while on a calorie deficit producing a 15% loss in bodyweight.

My focus is still on strength and this next year I have some aggressive goals. I will be lifting in the 198 lb class, and continue to do so as a drug free lifter. In this class I am currently only lbs away from a 4x bodyweight deadlift, which only a handful of people have accomplished. If I lift the way my training is currently going I will make the All-Time list for all three lifts as well the total. The All-Time list is a combination of all federation’s records regardless of rules or drug testing requirements.

If I can pull this off it will be a great achievement not only for myself but also for the effaicacy of USP Labs products. It’s been a great ride and I can’t wait to see where it goes next.

ADDENDUM

Video’s so you don’t have to do some searching
2150 World Record total
Chris Duffin Totals 2,150 At Northwest Iron Wars | Powerlifting Watch
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtNW7pp77lY"]YouTube - Meet Total[/ame]
660x12 Deadlift and 20x Wheel O’ Death
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYD17Nk66a0"]YouTube - USP labs Results[/ame]

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Since it is a 'product specific' log it should go under reviews/logs. The other place it could go is just straight 'training log' but that wouldn't be geared towards any particular company. You also don't have to be contractually obligated to promote but being sponsored already throws you in this category.

That being said; I look forward to following your progress.

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
:eek::eek::eek: <~~~ Me at 1:13 in the 1st video

Congrats on reaching and perhaps surpassing your goals and congrats on starting a new family.

I've also used USPLaps supps for quite some time and have achieved great results. Cissus has been amazing in my knee recovery.

I love that Wheel O' Death exercise, I'm going to try it when my roommates aren't home in case I fall flat on my face.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Im so subbed buddy, im just running prime in my log, hoping for great things, seems usp are producing more and more great supps, cant wait to see more of your lifts and progress.

Russian

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Since it is a 'product specific' log it should go under reviews/logs. The other place it could go is just straight 'training log' but that wouldn't be geared towards any particular company. You also don't have to be contractually obligated to promote but being sponsored already throws you in this category.

That being said; I look forward to following your progress.
Ok, thanks for moving then Jayhawkk. If fully understand.

For other posters this is a REVIEW and not a log. My ongoing log is in my sig below. Its been going since early 07