The Virile Mane Project - MC's Hair Regrowth Log (Unsponsored)

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established

Virile Mane Log

I recently picked up 3 bottles of Virile Mane on sale from NutraPlanet for a pretty nice price of $23.99 a bottle. I purchased 3, with the intent on running it for 3 months to see if I experienced any positive signs of regrowth. To my delight, upon further inspection I realized that each bottle is 3 months. That is quite generous compared to other hair regrowth products on the market.

A little bit of history...
I started notice shedding around the age of 19. I started to observe significant amounts of hair coming out when I would shower. I never took too much concern to it because I started exercsing regulary around that time and began to lose a significant amount of weight. I thought that it had to do more with my diet than anything else and perhaps some vitamin or mineral deficiency. For about 2 years the shedding continued and I started to become concerned. I went to the doctors and had blood work to confirm the hair loss wasnt associated with some other underlying issue. The bloodwork came back fine and the doctor confirmed my worst fear, male pattern baldness had begun to rear its ugly head.

Regimens:
I've tried several things in the past to combat MPB, Saw Palmetto, Rogaine, Xandrox, Spironolactone and Propecia. The best combination I found to be was Rogaine Foam followed by Spironolactone 15 minutes later. My hairloss has dramatically halted over the past few years. I no longer notice hair in my hand when showering or any dramatic shedding. I have not noticed any regrowth, but the speed of shedding is definitely way down. Propecia....sucked. It was horrible. I was only able to tolerate it for about 3 weeks before I threw in the towel. It made me feel absolutely awful. I've been using Rogaine Foam/Spiro for quite sometime, but I've been using it less and less frequently due to the cost, and I dont think it is exactly healthy drenching your scalp in Spiro day in and day out. I currently am not using any other Hair Regrowth products except for my shampoo. I rotate EOD Nioxin/Nizoral. I'll get some information on Nioxin on here for those who do not know what that is.

Family History:
My father has more hair than I do. He is 57 and has a thick, massive head of hair. It is rather discouraging. Both of my mothers brothers have full heads of hair. My dads father was completely bald when he passed away at 76 and my moms dad had hair but was really thin when he passed away at 50.

The Plan:
I plan on applying Virile Mane sparingly to my head once in the morning and once in the evening after I shower. I plan on discontinuing Rogaine/Spiro while I am using VM. I have medium length hair now. I plan on getting a pretty short haircut on Tuesday. I haven't decided yet if I am going to take before and after pictures or not. I probably will take them and decide at a later time whether or not to post them.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Just Kidding!!!!
I took before pictures tonight with my little bit longer hair and I will also take before pictures after the haircut. This way we can compare results at both lengths because Im sure I will not be able to maintain the frequency of barber visits that require a nice and tight cut. I am going to try to keep it as sort as possible without getting too long to aid in ease of applying VM. I will post both sets of before pictures on Tuesday or Wednesday after the haircut.

Im really hoping to see some positive results with this product. Anything would would be welcomed, even if it was to only completely halt the hair loss I would be content with that! I hope this log helps my fellow brothers in hair loss. It sucks so much when you know you have the power through working out to shape the way you look and then you start losing your hair and you feel completely powerless to do anything to stop it.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Best of luck my friend! I look forward to seeing your success with VM. Thanks for logging this! :D

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
So...I am also wondering if anyone has any suggestions for additions to the log. Also, what does everyone think I should do. Post update pics once a week or bi-monthly?

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Where are you at! I thought I was all alone in this state;)
Nopers! I am outside of Youngstown. Canfield to be exact. I suppose you may have heard of it before because of the Canfield Fair?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nopers! I am outside of Youngstown. Canfield to be exact. I suppose you may have heard of it before because of the Canfield Fair?
I've been through there before, we go out of town sometimes on the weekends for a change of pace.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Canfield to be exact. I suppose you may have heard of it before because of the Canfield Fair?
As in...The Canfield Ladies?

Canfield Ladies sing this song, doo dar, doo dar...Canfield Racetrack 9 miles long...oh da doo dar day!!

Oh, wait.

/umm...in for the log.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
I'm glad to have you here RPN guy's AND gal ;) I thought there would be more attention to this log. Maybe once it gets rolling, people will join along. I plan on posting those pics either tonight or tomorrow morning. I'd like your opinion if you think I need different angles/lighting/etc. Also, I know DSade, you said you do half a pea size on each peak twice a day. How much would you reccommend for someone with diffuse thinning throughout on top?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the half-pea sized recommendation is for open areas (very thin crown or temple region).

For diffuse thnning, use the dispenser tip to part the hair in a lne. keep the part open with both hands, resting the one with the bottle by te side of the palm. run the dispenser tip along the exposed scalp in the part running a very thin bead. then, use your finger to rub the product into the scalp along the part. move 1/2 inch over and repeat until the entire surface of the scalp is covered.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Alright....before pictures to come later tonight when I get home from the in-laws....Im thinking about getting my haircut ultra short to aid in ease of applying VM. That process of doing several 1/2 inch parts seems like a real PITA.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Before Pictures

Before Pictures:

Right:

Left:

Crown:

Top:

Combed Back Side:

Combed Back Front:

Combed Back Back

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
*Sigh* Looking at those closeups is depressing. The last ruins of a once great empire of hair. :(

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
*Sigh* Looking at those closeups is depressing. The last ruins of a once great empire of hair. :(
Subscribed. I am certain Virile Mane will provide you with the right foundations to rebuild that once-great empire. Here's to your success! :cheers:

disgraziato

Awards
So...I am also wondering if anyone has any suggestions for additions to the log. Also, what does everyone think I should do. Post update pics once a week or bi-monthly?
Bro- Been doing massive research on vitamin E and its forms, (eight to be exact) and have learned some interesting stuff, notably for you, one particular type of vit E that supports and aids in hair regrowth, the tocotrienols. Incorporate a good toco product, like toco-8 or something similar. It will def. be a great synergy I think. Good Luck!

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Bro- Been doing massive research on vitamin E and its forms, (eight to be exact) and have learned some interesting stuff, notably for you, one particular type of vit E that supports and aids in hair regrowth, the tocotrienols. Incorporate a good toco product, like toco-8 or something similar. It will def. be a great synergy I think. Good Luck!

That doesnt sound like a half bad idea, anyone else have any thoughts on adding Toco-8 to this?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That doesnt sound like a half bad idea, anyone else have any thoughts on adding Toco-8 to this?
Toco-8, as well as NOxidant, is recommended in the VM writeup.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Toco-8, as well as NOxidant, is recommended in the VM writeup.
Toco-8 is awesome in its versatility. An absolute staple. dsade, I must try NOxidant finally. Has been on my "to try" list for a while. Please look out for my e-mail today or tomorrow at the latest.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
Toco-8 is awesome in its versatility. An absolute staple. dsade, I must try NOxidant finally. Has been on my "to try" list for a while. Please look out for my e-mail today or tomorrow at the latest.
yeah, I take toco 8 on, off , everytime...

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed that Toco-8 and NOxidant are great additions!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Tonight is the night friends! I always go in to the barber with the intentions of telling him to put on the #1 setting for the clippers and go to town, but I always chicken out. I do plan on getting it short enough to avoid any hastle of applying VM though, and hopefully new before pics with shorter hair posted up tonight or tomorrow am. Thus, VM will begin being applied tonight!!!

Oh, and thanks guys for subbing!! Tell all of your hair impaired friends to join a long too!

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Updated Photos w/ Haircut

It is much easier to see te diffuse thinning and classic "horse shoe" pattern in these pics...

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
As you can see from the post application pictures, VM applies very nicely. Once sufficiently rubbed into the scalp, it isnt even detectable. I have seen reports of a brownish type stain or flakes, however I didn't have a problem with this. Also, prior to application I didnt see any flakes in mine, (should there be?). Also, immediately after applying my scalp felt great. There was a nice cooling sensation to it. Very nice.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No..the flaking issue has been resolved.

Damn, you DID go short. I swore to myself after I left the Army that I would never get another clippercut.

Fro, for the win!!!

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
yep, its a real SOB trying to do anything with long hair when it is so thin, fine & lifeless.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Big Worm!!!!!
Also, I plan on making a big NP oder soon (New Year's Sale) which will include purchase of Toco-8.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Nice buddy, hair today gone tommorow, well hopefully it will return.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Ohhhhhhhhhh, I cant wait for January 1 sale to get Toco-8 and TONS of other goodies!!

CJ Lugnut

Awards
Ohhhhhhhhhh, I cant wait for January 1 sale to get Toco-8 and TONS of other goodies!!
Unfortunately Primordial Perf. products won't be included in the sale. This according to NP customer service.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Are you serious? That stinks. Oh well, at least they will get me over free shipping mark, although I dont think I will have a problem getting to that mark.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
I am becoming increasingly concerned each time I apply VM I am noticing a lot of hair ending up on my hands after rubbing it in.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am becoming increasingly concerned each time I apply VM I am noticing a lot of hair ending up on my hands after rubbing it in.
this is to be expected. The triggering of shift into anagen phase causes the dormant hairs that are "in the way" of the new follicles to be shed. This is a positive sign, and should not last long.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
this is to be expected. The triggering of shift into anagen phase causes the dormant hairs that are "in the way" of the new follicles to be shed. This is a positive sign, and should not last long.

Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.:thumbsup:

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
The time has come for some new pics. I will be posting up some this weekend sometime, I will have been on VM for about 12 days in the pics. Stand by for those updates!

Good news, the massive shedding I was experienced while applying VM has died down significanty. Instead of handfulls, now there are only maybe 3 or 4 strands I notice on my hands.

Bad news, if you are suffering diffuse thinning over the top of your entire head, I dont see how VM could possibly last 3 months. It takes about 3 decent sized gobs to cover my whole head and my hair is ultra short. Oh well, depending on how well it works, it may still be worth it.

ramschi

Awards
The time has come for some new pics. I will be posting up some this weekend sometime, I will have been on VM for about 12 days in the pics. Stand by for those updates!

Good news, the massive shedding I was experienced while applying VM has died down significanty. Instead of handfulls, now there are only maybe 3 or 4 strands I notice on my hands.

Bad news, if you are suffering diffuse thinning over the top of your entire head, I dont see how VM could possibly last 3 months. It takes about 3 decent sized gobs to cover my whole head and my hair is ultra short. Oh well, depending on how well it works, it may still be worth it.
update? :(

btw, it it the same virile mane dsdae was using? Have they changed the formula?

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Sorry guys... had some unexpected bad events this weekend thats gonna set my lifting back a while. I missed a day and a half of applications also. I'll be sure to get up pics asap. I believe it is the same VM dsade was using, im not aware if they changed the formula.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
No formula changes, VM is the same for everyone.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sorry guys... had some unexpected bad events this weekend thats gonna set my lifting back a while. I missed a day and a half of applications also. I'll be sure to get up pics asap. I believe it is the same VM dsade was using, im not aware if they changed the formula.

Hope whatever bad events turn around for you!

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Me too! I was trying to be handyman around the house saturday and fix the leaky bathroom faucet. Well, I was trying to get one of the handles off and the ceramic hand piece busted in my hand and I got a nice large gash in my right palm. Had to go to the ER and get stitches. The worst part is that I lost feeling in 2 fingers! Im HOPING that the sensitivity comes back by itself and SOON. I just want to get the stitches out, put tons of gauze on it and tape my hand up so I can lift again!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Evomuse 8
travbedaman Evomuse 8
Evomuse 4
Evomuse 21
dsade Evomuse 115