Log of Unparalleled Dimensions: Viking & Irish Take On Controlled Labs

Page 1 of 23 1236 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.63%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Thumbs up Log of Unparalleled Dimensions: Viking & Irish Take On Controlled Labs

2. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.63%

Irish Cannon

Stats:

Weight: 172lbs
    Height: 5'8"
    Body-type: Meso-endo
    Lifting experience: 7yrs

All-time PRs (not at current weight):

Squat: 425x3
    Bench: 275x3
    Deadlift: 405x1

Diet:

Meal 1 (30mins Pre-wo): 2 scoops LG Science Lipotropic Protein, 1 cup Oats, 60g WMS

Meal 2 (Post-workout): 2 whole eggs, 7 egg whites (scrambled), 2 slices of Ezekiel bread w/honey, 1/2 cup McCann's Steel Cut Oats (splenda, cinnamon, and a bit of sugar-free syrup for flavoring), 24oz of water, 6oz of the blueberry Bolthouse Farms fruit juice, 1g CLA, 1 multi-vitamin

Meal 3: 1 Flat Out flatbread (stone-ground whole wheat), 2 cans of tuna, 7 Triscuit crackers, 2tbsp salsa

Meal 4: 8oz. lean ground beef, 2 cups of brocolli, 2g CLA, 1 multi-vitamin

Meal 5: 10oz boneless/skinless chicken breast, 2.5 servings of refried black beans, 2cups of brocolli, 1 cup of brown rice (regular or basmatti), 1g CLA

Meal 6: 2 scoops Dymatize Elite 12-hr, 1tbsp coconut oil, 1/2 serving almonds (or natty pb)

Supplements:

Pre-workout, lifting days (30mins before Meal 1): 8 caps of White Flood, 5 tabs Blue GENE, 1 scoop of Green MAGnitude

Pre-workout, cardio days: 8 caps White Flood, 25mg Ephedrine, 5 tabs Blue GENE, and possibly a 7-keto product

Intra-workout: 4 scoops of GlycerGROW, LG Sciences BC+EAA, extra BCAAs (10-15g)

P-Slin (400mg) will be taken with Meal 1, 200mg will be taken with Meal 2 on lifting days only

NOW Acidophilus & Bifidus will be taken 2x daily in between meals.

Training:

This area is still under construction, but the generals of it are...

4 hypertrophy workouts, 2 Olympic lifting workouts

Cardio 4x/week, 2 days being HIIT, 2 days being 45min-1hr low/mod intensity sessions

There will be a mix of supersets, trisets, DC sets, dropsets and stardard sets on hypertrophy days.

My main Olympic lifts will be...

Deadlift, Romanian Deadlift, Squats, Good-mornings, Clean and Jerk, Hang Cleans, High pulls, Flat Bench BB Press, Military Press, Standing BB Press, BB Hack Squats

My hypertrophy workout rep range will be 12-20, and my Olympic workout rep range will be 3-6.

The main purpose of the next twelve weeks (or longer) will be to:

1. Increase LBM
    2. Increase Strength
    3. Decrease BF
    4. Improve Performance
    5. Improve cardiovascular endurance/stamina
    Last edited by RenegadeRows; 12-17-2008 at 07:18 AM.
  3. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.63%

Vikinginc

The Log of Un-paralleled Dimensions

Name: Thomas

Weight: 228 lbs
    Height: 6’3”
    Bodyfat: ~ 8%

First off, I’d like to send tons of props to my good friend Jon (RenegadeRows) for wanting to work with me on putting a Controlled Labs stack together. I have ran a log for Controlled Labs before – White Flood & Purple Wraath – and enjoyed it tremendously. White Flood still is the ONE pre-workout product I recommend to everyone wherever I go, and I’m only doing so because it’s the be-all/end-all in terms of pre-workouts. It doesn’t matter who you are; everyone can benefit tremendously from the extremely potent blend of White Flood, be it in powder or capsules. And I’m once again to receive these benefits .. and then some ..

For the first time since I went hardcore dieting this past summer, I’ve written down a diet to follow [consistent every day], and for the first time since my March/April cut, I’ve got me workout program already planned out and written in black on white. I won’t be doing as much improvisation at the gym as I’m used to, because now it’s about time I find a routine to follow such that I can better compare numbers from one week to the next. My diet is lean, yet considerably higher in calories than any other diet I’ve used before; it’s as close to ‘Bulking’ as I’ve been in two years. ~3,600 calories/day, including just under 400 grams of both protein and carbohydrates, with approximately 60-70 grams of fat. I will be posting my entire diet and workout routine in my first couple of posts.

As for my infamous Stack; RenegadeRows and I decided we wanted a prime candidate to run our secret stack alongside me, in order to compare results and effects of this powerful combination of anabolic products. Who’s better than my good friend Irish Cannon, who’s so damn consistent with his diet and training routine that he cuts up while adding lean pounds of muscle off of Legal Gear’s T911?! Irish has the pro-determination and a drive and passion for sculpting that perfect body, and I know he will enjoy a stack such as this one as well.

My own personal goals for this stack would be to, obviously, gain a couple of solid pounds of muscle. I’m in NO doubt that I will be able to, as my current ‘Bulk’ contains about 1,000 calories more each day than the standard diet I’ve used all semester long. I’ve been avoiding carbohydrates in just about every meal apart from 2-3 around my workout session, but I no longer fear the extra weight. I’m actually craving it, alongside of craving my Dead lifts to increase back up to 6 plates. And Incline Dumbbell Presses to get to 120-130s for 6-8 reps. I will semi-prioritize my traps, as it’s my ultimate goal to spend 2-3 weeks away from my hometown College Station, only to come back to work at the Lux (night club) early January feeling even bigger and more invincible. I’m on a quest to mass, and with Controlled Labs covering my back, I have no doubt that I can accomplish this!
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.33%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I'm officially kicking this off in a couple hours with my first doses. Updates will follow.

This is going to be an EPIC log!

Cheers, everyone!
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  209 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.31%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Subbed, wow guys, really pleased for you both, 2 of the best guys here to run this, i am so going to watch this.
  6. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Who did the photo work up top? Pretty sweet.. best to both you guys. :bb3:
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

subbin in here
    SFW and GFH
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.58%

Wow!!!! You guys are sooooooooooooooo lucky. That is one helluva stack! I've never had the opportunity to try Blue Gene yet, but I absolutely love the White Flood/Green Magnitude/GlycerGrow stack. It is phenomenal.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.06%

Subbed in for sure. Really excited for you guys. Good luck gents...
  10. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.41%

Holy crap this is awesome.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.58%

RR, why not throw in some PW for the cherry on the top? That would be an INSANE stack!
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.27%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Subbed!! And dayumm....this is gonna be good!!

I love the photo in the introduction. My viking brother in the background and my mystic mallet.....mighty Mjolnir in the foreground. Awesome!!

May All-Father give you both the strength and fury of a 1,000 Berzerkers!! X 200!!
    THE PAIN YOU ENDURE TODAY WILL PRODUCE THE POWER YOU ENJOY TOMORROW!!

"Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High."
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Now this is one SNAZZY log! DAMN!!! I was the one who gave this log the 2nd thumbs up
    NSCA - CSCS
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.33%

Maybe I should add "Acquire Viking-esque Vascularity" to my list of goals.

Glad to see all you guys in here. This is going to be great. Taking my first serving of GM, GG, WF, and BG right now.
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.33%

Feeling some BA tingles as I type...

I wanted to update my workout routine a little for you. I finished writing it out as I was flying back from Chicago. Here it is:

Day 1: Back/Bis/HIIT

Day 2: Chest/Tris/Olympic Lower Body

Day 3: Hams/Shoulders/Calves/HIIT

Day 4: Quads/Traps/Olympic Upper Body

Mon- Day 1
    Tues- Day 2
    Wed- Cardio/Off
    Thurs- Day 3
    Fri- Day 4
    Sat- Cardio/Off
    Sun- Cardio/Off

One of my "Cardio/Off" days will be a complete rest day;however, I'm able to choose whatever day that is each week. Most likely I will make it Wednesday most weeks.

My hypertrophy workouts will consist of two exercises for each body part, and a total of ten working sets, and two warmup sets (six sets for each exercise).

The Olympic lifting will be three exercises and four working sets each with two warmup/high-rep sets for each exercise.

Cardio days will be 45min-1hr of low-moderate intensity.

HIIT will be starting at twelve 30/30 intervals, and I'll increase that to fifteen intervals over the next couple of weeks.
  16. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.63%

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Feeling some BA tingles as I type...

I wanted to update my workout routine a little for you. I finished writing it out as I was flying back from Chicago. Here it is:

Day 1: Back/Bis/HIIT

Day 2: Chest/Tris/Olympic Lower Body

Day 3: Hams/Shoulders/Calves/HIIT

Day 4: Quads/Traps/Olympic Upper Body

Mon- Day 1
    Tues- Day 2
    Wed- Cardio/Off
    Thurs- Day 3
    Fri- Day 4
    Sat- Cardio/Off
    Sun- Cardio/Off

One of my "Cardio/Off" days will be a complete rest day;however, I'm able to choose whatever day that is each week. Most likely I will make it Wednesday most weeks.

My hypertrophy workouts will consist of two exercises for each body part, and a total of ten working sets, and two warmup sets (six sets for each exercise).

The Olympic lifting will be three exercises and four working sets each with two warmup/high-rep sets for each exercise.

Cardio days will be 45min-1hr of low-moderate intensity.

HIIT will be starting at twelve 30/30 intervals, and I'll increase that to fifteen intervals over the next couple of weeks.
    I really like this new routine you have set up IC. Those 'olympic days' are going to be killer!
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.33%

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    I really like this new routine you have set up IC. Those 'olympic days' are going to be killer!
    Ya, I'm pretty happy with the setup. Hopefully it works out as well as planned. Only time will tell.

It will be a change going back to lifting only four days a week, but a nice one. Six days was killing me. Now everything gets worked twice every week, but in a different manner. I'm very excited to get it rolling.

It kills me to do it, but I'm actually taking today off simply so I can get on schedule.

RR, would you recommend taking WF only on workout days and maybe taking some bulk BA with my GM/GG on my days off?
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.27%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Now this is one SNAZZY log! DAMN!!! I was the one who gave this log the 2nd thumbs up
    I just shot it a third!!
    THE PAIN YOU ENDURE TODAY WILL PRODUCE THE POWER YOU ENJOY TOMORROW!!

"Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High."
  19. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.63%

Also...

Irish = WF Tabs
    Viking = WF powder.

Just so you know
  20. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.5%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

awesome opportunity guys, good luck
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  21. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.63%

RR, would you recommend taking WF only on workout days and maybe taking some bulk BA with my GM/GG on my days off?
    Yup, GG on off days is optional but for you I would say only 1 scoop on OFF days because hyperhydration will help with recovery.
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.39%

Sick deal, the Norse and the Irish coming together, this is like the UN Log. Great intros by the way!

NSCA - CSCS
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.33%

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Sick deal, the Norse and the Irish coming together, this is like the UN Log. Great intros by the way!

Ya, except we actually serve a purpose.
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.39%

Ya, except we actually serve a purpose.
    SHAZAAAAM!!
    NSCA - CSCS
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.33%

And you know the original settlers of Ireland were the Vikings, correct? I'm sure I'm related to Thomas somehow.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.19%

Hahaha, it's officially ON !!!

I'm very stoked to be running this little combo. And even happier to see all the regulars drop by already. I will be throwing up my diet plan as well as training plan this afternoon, but first and foremost, I need to recover from a crazy night out on the town; Christmas party with the co-workers from the club I'm working at.

Also, I'll be heading for Colorado on Friday of this week it seems, which entails a two-day road trip there. Meaning, I won't be able to post two days in a row there.
    VikingInc On a Fat-SMOLDERING Journey, Sponsored by Southland Performance Products

- My Quest To Reach 200 lbs. Is Officially In The Making!
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.33%

Quote Originally Posted by vikinginc View Post
    Hahaha, it's officially ON !!!

I'm very stoked to be running this little combo. And even happier to see all the regulars drop by already. I will be throwing up my diet plan as well as training plan this afternoon, but first and foremost, I need to recover from a crazy night out on the town; Christmas party with the co-workers from the club I'm working at.

Also, I'll be heading for Colorado on Friday of this week it seems, which entails a two-day road trip there. Meaning, I won't be able to post two days in a row there.
    I assume you mixed your GlycerGROW with a few cocktails?

Man, I'm so totally pumped about this run. I can't WAIT to get back in the gym. I'm pissed off I've got to take today off, but I need to start my schedule off right.

Some diet changes I've made:

1. There will be no WMS on cardio/off days, and oats will be cut from 1 cup to 1/2 cup.

2. 1/2 serving of almonds will be added to Meal 3.

3. 1/2 serving of ATW Lean and Fit will be added to Meal 2.

I may also occasionaly change up the brown rice in Meal 5 with whole what pasta (pesto sauce), but I will make the serving size equivalent to the carbohydrates I would get from the rice. There will be no change in the macros.

I may up protein as time goes on.

I'm interested in seeing your entire diet, Viking. I may have to snag a bit from you. I wouldn't mind changing things up a tad as long as my macros are relatively the same.
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.12%

I'll be in on this...will check in when I can!
  29. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.41%

You're workout setup is looking good, Irish. Be prepared to work through some soreness with that routine at first - you'll adapt, and grow like hell too!

***NOW @ NP***
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.39%

I assume you mixed your GlycerGROW with a few cocktails?

Man, I'm so totally pumped about this run. I can't WAIT to get back in the gym. I'm pissed off I've got to take today off, but I need to start my schedule off right.

Some diet changes I've made:

1. There will be no WMS on cardio/off days, and oats will be cut from 1 cup to 1/2 cup.

2. 1/2 serving of almonds will be added to Meal 3.

3. 1/2 serving of ATW Lean and Fit will be added to Meal 2.

I may also occasionaly change up the brown rice in Meal 5 with whole what pasta (pesto sauce), but I will make the serving size equivalent to the carbohydrates I would get from the rice. There will be no change in the macros.

I may up protein as time goes on.

I'm interested in seeing your entire diet, Viking. I may have to snag a bit from you. I wouldn't mind changing things up a tad as long as my macros are relatively the same.
    It might be time for me to start cutting back on the carbs and upping my oats and grains. I'd like to see Viking's diet too.
    NSCA - CSCS
  31. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.05%

This looks sweet!
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.33%

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    You're workout setup is looking good, Irish. Be prepared to work through some soreness with that routine at first - you'll adapt, and grow like hell too!
    Thanks, Resolve! And thanks again for the help on setting up my Olympic days! I really appreciate that.

Another diet update:

In Meal 3, I will no longer be having any carbohydrates. I'll be cutting the flatbread and triscuits, and will instead have only the tuna (mixed with some jalapenos) and a serving of almonds. I may also have a 1/2 serving of coconut oil. I haven't bought the coconut oil yet, but will within the next few days.

If anyone else has diet advice, I'd love to hear it. Everything seems pretty perfect, but I'm sure there is something I could change.
  33. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.05%

Thanks, Resolve! And thanks again for the help on setting up my Olympic days! I really appreciate that.

Another diet update:

In Meal 3, I will no longer be having any carbohydrates. I'll be cutting the flatbread and triscuits, and will instead have only the tuna (mixed with some jalapenos) and a serving of almonds. I may also have a 1/2 serving of coconut oil. I haven't bought the coconut oil yet, but will within the next few days.

If anyone else has diet advice, I'd love to hear it. Everything seems pretty perfect, but I'm sure there is something I could change.
    Replace meals 1-4 with a double quarter pounder with cheese and large coke and fries! That sound like a pretty sound diet plan to me
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.33%

Quote Originally Posted by hman85 View Post
    Replace meals 1-4 with a double quarter pounder with cheese and large coke and fries! That sound like a pretty sound diet plan to me
    Hmmm

Protein in beef. Saturated fat for T-production. Carbohydrates in fries. Simple sugars for pre-wo. Caffiene.

That sounds perfect!

Almost too anabolic.
  35. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.52%

Wow,the intro on this log was crazy
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.33%

Quote Originally Posted by ari4216 View Post
    Wow,the intro on this log was crazy
    This log is crazy.

I'm crazy.

You're crazy!!!

I'm, Irish Cannon? Goodnight everyone.
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.33%

I've decided that this log will be the beginning of the end of my bulk-type diet. After this I'll be doing training on an empty stomach to really attempt to lean out and get rid of the last bit of this flab on my stomach and any bit I gain the next ~5wks.

So with that said...

Let's gain some muscle.
  38. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.52%

i meant to say crazy as in cool
  39. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.41%

This log is crazy.

I'm crazy.

You're crazy!!!

I'm, Irish Cannon? Goodnight everyone.
    Ok, just a tad concerned now...

***NOW @ NP***
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.33%

You guys know I'm just playing around.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 04:37 PM
  2. Controlled Labs
    By MGSDP in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-22-2008, 11:16 AM
  3. A Viking's Journey of Unparalleled Dimensions
    By almightythor in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-27-2008, 11:03 AM