Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

A Ranger with his Essentials is dangerous

Well guys some of you may remember I posted a thread about my knee problems
    Call me Orville Redenbacher- a lot of popping
    ......well, the good folks at AI sent me a 30 day sample of Essentials with Joint Complex to try. I will try to post a daily log.
    I am testing this to see how effective it will be at getting my knees repaired. The supp is supposed to give increased endurance and muscle size as well.
    Other supps currently taking:
    JP8 for pre workout
    Cycle Support: Preloading to run my Epi cycle.
    Fish oil, flax seed, and borage oil (omega 3.6.9)
    Hardcore ZMA by MetRx
    I look forward to you guys' input.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Day1-AM-
    Took first dose, I did not have a drink on hand at the time, so I thought I might just mix it with water. Damn, that is the worse tasting thing I have ever tasted, and believe me I have tasted some bad stuff. So I eventually got some tropicana kiwi strawberry juice, not much improvement on the taste, but a little more tolerable. So far nothing to talk about in terms of it is supposed to do. Not that I was expecting anything from the first dose. I am going to see how it works as a pre workout supp, therefore, I will give JP8 a break for the rest of the week, then stack them next week.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Day1-PM
    Legs and Shoulders
    Well, I went against what I originally planned; I mixed the Essentials with JP8. I mixed the two in tropicana kiwi strawberry, and surprisingly, the taste was not that bad. Well it was better than I expected. About 40 minutes after taking it, I felt like needles were poking me from the inside, but I had a good energy workout though. The needle poking was not uncomfortable, but you know it was there. Oh one other thing I noticed, I can smell the Essentials in my urine when I piss, and it made my urine yellow....no not the usual yellow of urine, more like a lemon color. I definitely like the feeling I get from the mixture. We shall see what tomorrow brings. Oh I forgot, in regards to my knees, too soon to tell. As told by an AI rep, I probably won't see any relief until after the jar is done, due to the fact that it takes about a month before some see results. But, we shall see, at least I should be able to log about the other effects that Essentials is supposed to give, IE endurance and muscle strength.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Day2-AM
    Took another dose of Essentials, and within about twenty minutes felt the needles poking from the inside.
  5. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Subbed
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  6. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ABNRanger View Post
    Day1-AM-
    Took first dose, I did not have a drink on hand at the time, so I thought I might just mix it with water. Damn, that is the worse tasting thing I have ever tasted, and believe me I have tasted some bad stuff. So I eventually got some tropicana kiwi strawberry juice, not much improvement on the taste, but a little more tolerable. So far nothing to talk about in terms of it is supposed to do. Not that I was expecting anything from the first dose. I am going to see how it works as a pre workout supp, therefore, I will give JP8 a break for the rest of the week, then stack them next week.

hopefully by week 2 the joint complex should start to kick in, and remember its 3 scoop serving.

i would split it up through out the day!
  7. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Day2-AM
    Took another dose of Essentials, and within about twenty minutes felt the needles poking from the inside.
    like tingly? thats the Beta Alanine. good stuff,
  8. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    like tingly? thats the Beta Alanine. good stuff,

Yes the beta alanine rush. Little freaky at first but good stuff.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

subbed
  10. Banned
    Answers

Leave it to a Ranger to lead the way.

Subscribed, friend.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks for the support guys. Yeah, I hope the joint stuff does kick in soon; I am using three scoops per serving, and I am taking it twice a day. Is it ok to keep mixing it with my jp8 as part of my pre workout supp?
  12. Registered User
    Answers

Im in! Im loving all these joint logs..
  13. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks for the support guys. Yeah, I hope the joint stuff does kick in soon; I am using three scoops per serving, and I am taking it twice a day. Is it ok to keep mixing it with my jp8 as part of my pre workout supp?

i think personally its too much with the JP8 and i would watch for nerve damage. too many b vitamins.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks crazy, then I will take it solo. Actually I think that is a better idea, that way I can get/give a better assesment of Essentials.
  15. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks crazy, then I will take it solo. Actually I think that is a better idea, that way I can get/give a better assesment of Essentials.
    yea that would be great, the overload of B vitamins, even though water soluble can cause some adverse effects

essenjtials is just right especailly when you spread it out throughout the day, so as you excrete the water soluble vitamins you replenish them and still absorb what you need!
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Hey crazy, just to clarify, should I stop taking the JP8 until I run out of Essentials? Or, I can continue to take the JP8 as my pre supp, but just don't mix the two?
  17. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Hey crazy, just to clarify, should I stop taking the JP8 until I run out of Essentials? Or, I can continue to take the JP8 as my pre supp, but just don't mix the two?

you can take it when yuour out of essentials,

but still split all doses.
  18. Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Hope you like the essentials Ranger!
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dg806 View Post
    Hope you like the essentials Ranger!
    Well so far I have gotten used to the tingly feeling. Now the taste, that will take some more time. Is there a flavored one? The one I have is the unflavored. Today will be my first day free of all other supps except fish oil, flaxseed oil, and CS. I will post my post workout log to comment on how I felt in the gym. I plan to take it 30-45 min before workout, that will be my pm dosage. Once again, thanks for all your support guys.
  20. glg
    Answers

Just be patient on the joint support. It takes awhile for it to buind up in the joints (remeber there is ver little blood flow in the cartalidge (sp?) so it may take 2+ weeks to feel any difference in that area.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by glg View Post
    Just be patient on the joint support. It takes awhile for it to buind up in the joints (remeber there is ver little blood flow in the cartalidge (sp?) so it may take 2+ weeks to feel any difference in that area.
    I appreciate the tip, yeah, an AI rep hinted the same thing to me. I have changed my leg routine to just DL, leg curls, hip abductors, so that my knees can heal ok. I plan to start wrapping from now on.
  22. Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Answers

No flavored one at this time. Sorry. Crowler tried to hold the cost down. Mix it in a protein shake with blueberries!
  23. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Have you tried it in fruit juices very good.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Luck bro
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  25. Registered User
    Answers

sweet good luck with this .. ill be following this along
    S.n.S team member
  26. Registered User
    Answers

and remember its 3 scoop serving.
    is one scoop = 10.8g
    or
    3 scoops = 10.8g

sorry just confused when u say 3scoop serving
    S.n.S team member
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Day 3 and 4
    Nothing to report, still too early to see any effects. Did not workout these two days either.
  28. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by GQNemesis View Post
    is one scoop = 10.8g
    or
    3 scoops = 10.8g

sorry just confused when u say 3scoop serving
    3 scoop= 10.8 grams
  29. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    3 scoop= 10.8 grams
    coo thanks for clarification
    S.n.S team member
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Day5-Am
    Took another dosage, this time with some nantucket mango fruit juice, it was not that bad. The tingly feeling kicked in sooner than normal, hope that is a good thing. So far no relief on my knees. At no fault of Essentials, they seem to be getting worse, I cannot sit for long before they begin to hurt, and they are tender to the touch. I will continue to take Essential, because I know it is too soon for it to work.
  31. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Day5-Am
    Took another dosage, this time with some nantucket mango fruit juice, it was not that bad. The tingly feeling kicked in sooner than normal, hope that is a good thing. So far no relief on my knees. At no fault of Essentials, they seem to be getting worse, I cannot sit for long before they begin to hurt, and they are tender to the touch. I will continue to take Essential, because I know it is too soon for it to work.
    by the end of week 2 you should feel some releif. make sure ur taking your fishoil aswell.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks crazy, I am taking my fish oil/flaxseed oil/borage oil with omega 3,6,9 (all in one pill) twice a day.
  33. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Day5-Am
    I found to mix it in fruit juices to work out the best for me.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Day 5-AM
    Took dosage with Gatorade, enough said, you can guess the rest, blech.
    Day 5- PM
    Since I was advised to stop taking JP8 while taking Essentials, I followed the advice. So I decided to take it like a pre workout supp, and see how it would affect my workout. Today was a chest, and bicep day, so I was bit apprehensive working out without my usual pre workout supp of JP8 or RPM. Well an hour and twenty minutes later I was still feeling the tingling. While this was no JP8 feeling, I was really feeling good during my chest routine. Here is a comparison chart between last week’s workout on JP8 (red), and today’s on Essential. Now the routine may differ a bit, but you can still the difference in effect
    JP8 Essentials
    BB bench Press BB Bench Press
    135 x 20 135 x 20
    185 x 10 155 x 10
    225 x 10 225 x 10
    245 x 8 245 x 6
    275 x 6 275 x 4
    315 x 4 315 x 2
    The rest of my workout felt great as well, I did not feel fatigued at all. This was not the only chest exercises I did; I just wanted to give a brief comparison.
    The next chart is my bicep routine
    JP8 Essentials
    BB curls BB curls
    65 x 10 65 x 10
    85 x 10 85 x 10
    105 x 6 105 x 4
    115 x 2

Tomorrow is my leg work out, so I will see if the feeling is the same. Overall, I like the workout feeling I got from Essentials, as mentioned, the rest of the week will tell if today was just good luck feeling type of day.
  35. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Answers

looking good!!

keep us posted! you get over the taste yet?

crystal light fruit punch works good for me.
  36. Registered User
    Answers

Thanks crazy, I am taking my fish oil/flaxseed oil/borage oil with omega 3,6,9 (all in one pill) twice a day.
    My honest opinion, stick with solely omega-3, if you are trying to relieve your joints. Omega-6 can be detrimental to joint and bone recovery, that is why most people on X-factor(AA, and other omega-6 fatty acids) to start to feel joint pain by week 4.
    doing my own thang!
  37. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by andrew732 View Post
    My honest opinion, stick with solely omega-3, if you are trying to relieve your joints. Omega-6 can be detrimental to joint and bone recovery, that is why most people on X-factor(AA, and other omega-6 fatty acids) to start to feel joint pain by week 4.

it all depends on if its GLA (an omega 6 with ANTI inflammotory process) in there or not. i believe the borage oil is GLA otherwise i dont think its enough in the pills to effect the joints. especially since we NEED a balance of n3 and n6s in the diet.

but concentrated doses like that found in X factor is definetly a problem
  38. Registered User
    Answers

it all depends on if its GLA (an omega 6 with ANTI inflammotory process) in there or not. i believe the borage oil is GLA otherwise i dont think its enough in the pills to effect the joints. especially since we NEED a balance of n3 and n6s in the diet.

but concentrated doses like that found in X factor is definetly a problem
    Agreed, Ranger your goal is to have a 4:1 omega3-6 ratio, since you eat meat(I assume) there is no point in supplementing with omega 6, maybe borage oil, but preferably hemp oil
    doing my own thang!
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

aw man that means I have to throw away my pills. Now this not three separate pills, it is just one pill with all three oils and omegas. Well I have some strictly fish oil omega 3, will that work? Thanks for all the feed back guys.
  40. Registered User
    Answers

I would go with omega3 and hemp oil, maybe some borage oil or coconut oil, Crazyfool recommended to me a book called Fats that heal, Fats That Kill: The Complete Guide to Fats, Oils, Cholesterol and Human Health by Udo Erasmus. In this book it gets to the nitty gritty of fats and oils, besides the factor of omega-3-6-9, you got n3 and n6. Real interesting read, check it out.
    doing my own thang!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Becoming A Army Ranger/Please Help
    By csbball in forum Supplements
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 01-31-2010, 06:55 PM
  2. A power ranger...in UFC?
    By bigpapa in forum MMA
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-09-2009, 08:56 PM
  3. H-Drol/Megazol Ranger Recomp Log