A Ranger with his Essentials is dangerous

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Well guys some of you may remember I posted a thread about my knee problems
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/110906-call-me-orville.html
......well, the good folks at AI sent me a 30 day sample of Essentials with Joint Complex to try. I will try to post a daily log.
I am testing this to see how effective it will be at getting my knees repaired. The supp is supposed to give increased endurance and muscle size as well.
Other supps currently taking:
JP8 for pre workout
Cycle Support: Preloading to run my Epi cycle.
Fish oil, flax seed, and borage oil (omega 3.6.9)
Hardcore ZMA by MetRx
I look forward to you guys' input.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Day1-AM-
Took first dose, I did not have a drink on hand at the time, so I thought I might just mix it with water. Damn, that is the worse tasting thing I have ever tasted, and believe me I have tasted some bad stuff. So I eventually got some tropicana kiwi strawberry juice, not much improvement on the taste, but a little more tolerable. So far nothing to talk about in terms of it is supposed to do. Not that I was expecting anything from the first dose. I am going to see how it works as a pre workout supp, therefore, I will give JP8 a break for the rest of the week, then stack them next week.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Day1-PM
Legs and Shoulders
Well, I went against what I originally planned; I mixed the Essentials with JP8. I mixed the two in tropicana kiwi strawberry, and surprisingly, the taste was not that bad. Well it was better than I expected. About 40 minutes after taking it, I felt like needles were poking me from the inside, but I had a good energy workout though. The needle poking was not uncomfortable, but you know it was there. Oh one other thing I noticed, I can smell the Essentials in my urine when I piss, and it made my urine yellow....no not the usual yellow of urine, more like a lemon color. I definitely like the feeling I get from the mixture. We shall see what tomorrow brings. Oh I forgot, in regards to my knees, too soon to tell. As told by an AI rep, I probably won't see any relief until after the jar is done, due to the fact that it takes about a month before some see results. But, we shall see, at least I should be able to log about the other effects that Essentials is supposed to give, IE endurance and muscle strength.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Day2-AM
Took another dose of Essentials, and within about twenty minutes felt the needles poking from the inside.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day1-AM-
Took first dose, I did not have a drink on hand at the time, so I thought I might just mix it with water. Damn, that is the worse tasting thing I have ever tasted, and believe me I have tasted some bad stuff. So I eventually got some tropicana kiwi strawberry juice, not much improvement on the taste, but a little more tolerable. So far nothing to talk about in terms of it is supposed to do. Not that I was expecting anything from the first dose. I am going to see how it works as a pre workout supp, therefore, I will give JP8 a break for the rest of the week, then stack them next week.

hopefully by week 2 the joint complex should start to kick in, and remember its 3 scoop serving.

i would split it up through out the day!

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Leave it to a Ranger to lead the way. ;)

Subscribed, friend.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the support guys. Yeah, I hope the joint stuff does kick in soon; I am using three scoops per serving, and I am taking it twice a day. Is it ok to keep mixing it with my jp8 as part of my pre workout supp?

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im in! Im loving all these joint logs..

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the support guys. Yeah, I hope the joint stuff does kick in soon; I am using three scoops per serving, and I am taking it twice a day. Is it ok to keep mixing it with my jp8 as part of my pre workout supp?

i think personally its too much with the JP8 and i would watch for nerve damage. too many b vitamins.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Thanks crazy, then I will take it solo. Actually I think that is a better idea, that way I can get/give a better assesment of Essentials.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks crazy, then I will take it solo. Actually I think that is a better idea, that way I can get/give a better assesment of Essentials.
yea that would be great, the overload of B vitamins, even though water soluble can cause some adverse effects

essenjtials is just right especailly when you spread it out throughout the day, so as you excrete the water soluble vitamins you replenish them and still absorb what you need!

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Hey crazy, just to clarify, should I stop taking the JP8 until I run out of Essentials? Or, I can continue to take the JP8 as my pre supp, but just don't mix the two?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey crazy, just to clarify, should I stop taking the JP8 until I run out of Essentials? Or, I can continue to take the JP8 as my pre supp, but just don't mix the two?

you can take it when yuour out of essentials,

but still split all doses.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Hope you like the essentials Ranger!

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Hope you like the essentials Ranger!
Well so far I have gotten used to the tingly feeling. Now the taste, that will take some more time. Is there a flavored one? The one I have is the unflavored. Today will be my first day free of all other supps except fish oil, flaxseed oil, and CS. I will post my post workout log to comment on how I felt in the gym. I plan to take it 30-45 min before workout, that will be my pm dosage. Once again, thanks for all your support guys.

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
Just be patient on the joint support. It takes awhile for it to buind up in the joints (remeber there is ver little blood flow in the cartalidge (sp?) so it may take 2+ weeks to feel any difference in that area.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Just be patient on the joint support. It takes awhile for it to buind up in the joints (remeber there is ver little blood flow in the cartalidge (sp?) so it may take 2+ weeks to feel any difference in that area.
I appreciate the tip, yeah, an AI rep hinted the same thing to me. I have changed my leg routine to just DL, leg curls, hip abductors, so that my knees can heal ok. I plan to start wrapping from now on.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
No flavored one at this time. Sorry. Crowler tried to hold the cost down. Mix it in a protein shake with blueberries!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Luck bro

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sweet good luck with this .. ill be following this along

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Day 3 and 4
Nothing to report, still too early to see any effects. Did not workout these two days either.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Day5-Am
Took another dosage, this time with some nantucket mango fruit juice, it was not that bad. The tingly feeling kicked in sooner than normal, hope that is a good thing. So far no relief on my knees. At no fault of Essentials, they seem to be getting worse, I cannot sit for long before they begin to hurt, and they are tender to the touch. I will continue to take Essential, because I know it is too soon for it to work.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day5-Am
Took another dosage, this time with some nantucket mango fruit juice, it was not that bad. The tingly feeling kicked in sooner than normal, hope that is a good thing. So far no relief on my knees. At no fault of Essentials, they seem to be getting worse, I cannot sit for long before they begin to hurt, and they are tender to the touch. I will continue to take Essential, because I know it is too soon for it to work.
by the end of week 2 you should feel some releif. make sure ur taking your fishoil aswell.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Thanks crazy, I am taking my fish oil/flaxseed oil/borage oil with omega 3,6,9 (all in one pill) twice a day.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day5-Am
I found to mix it in fruit juices to work out the best for me.:thumbsup:

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Day 5-AM
Took dosage with Gatorade, enough said, you can guess the rest, blech.
Day 5- PM
Since I was advised to stop taking JP8 while taking Essentials, I followed the advice. So I decided to take it like a pre workout supp, and see how it would affect my workout. Today was a chest, and bicep day, so I was bit apprehensive working out without my usual pre workout supp of JP8 or RPM. Well an hour and twenty minutes later I was still feeling the tingling. While this was no JP8 feeling, I was really feeling good during my chest routine. Here is a comparison chart between last week’s workout on JP8 (red), and today’s on Essential. Now the routine may differ a bit, but you can still the difference in effect
JP8 Essentials
BB bench Press BB Bench Press
135 x 20 135 x 20
185 x 10 155 x 10
225 x 10 225 x 10
245 x 8 245 x 6
275 x 6 275 x 4
315 x 4 315 x 2
The rest of my workout felt great as well, I did not feel fatigued at all. This was not the only chest exercises I did; I just wanted to give a brief comparison.
The next chart is my bicep routine
JP8 Essentials
BB curls BB curls
65 x 10 65 x 10
85 x 10 85 x 10
105 x 6 105 x 4
115 x 2

Tomorrow is my leg work out, so I will see if the feeling is the same. Overall, I like the workout feeling I got from Essentials, as mentioned, the rest of the week will tell if today was just good luck feeling type of day.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
looking good!!

keep us posted! you get over the taste yet?

crystal light fruit punch works good for me.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Thanks crazy, I am taking my fish oil/flaxseed oil/borage oil with omega 3,6,9 (all in one pill) twice a day.
My honest opinion, stick with solely omega-3, if you are trying to relieve your joints. Omega-6 can be detrimental to joint and bone recovery, that is why most people on X-factor(AA, and other omega-6 fatty acids) to start to feel joint pain by week 4.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My honest opinion, stick with solely omega-3, if you are trying to relieve your joints. Omega-6 can be detrimental to joint and bone recovery, that is why most people on X-factor(AA, and other omega-6 fatty acids) to start to feel joint pain by week 4.

it all depends on if its GLA (an omega 6 with ANTI inflammotory process) in there or not. i believe the borage oil is GLA otherwise i dont think its enough in the pills to effect the joints. especially since we NEED a balance of n3 and n6s in the diet.

but concentrated doses like that found in X factor is definetly a problem

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
it all depends on if its GLA (an omega 6 with ANTI inflammotory process) in there or not. i believe the borage oil is GLA otherwise i dont think its enough in the pills to effect the joints. especially since we NEED a balance of n3 and n6s in the diet.

but concentrated doses like that found in X factor is definetly a problem
Agreed, Ranger your goal is to have a 4:1 omega3-6 ratio, since you eat meat(I assume) there is no point in supplementing with omega 6, maybe borage oil, but preferably hemp oil

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
aw man that means I have to throw away my pills. Now this not three separate pills, it is just one pill with all three oils and omegas. Well I have some strictly fish oil omega 3, will that work? Thanks for all the feed back guys.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
I would go with omega3 and hemp oil, maybe some borage oil or coconut oil, Crazyfool recommended to me a book called Fats that heal, Fats That Kill: The Complete Guide to Fats, Oils, Cholesterol and Human Health by Udo Erasmus. In this book it gets to the nitty gritty of fats and oils, besides the factor of omega-3-6-9, you got n3 and n6. Real interesting read, check it out.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
aw man that means I have to throw away my pills. Now this not three separate pills, it is just one pill with all three oils and omegas. Well I have some strictly fish oil omega 3, will that work? Thanks for all the feed back guys.
dont throw away anything!!!! just add straight omega to you daily regimen as well and youll be OK

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Day 6- Legs
Not much to report, due to knee pain, just took it light. For lack of a better word, it is really depressing to work legs now. But I will be patient, and hopefully by next week, I should feel some relief. Still liking the supp though.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 6- Legs
Not much to report, due to knee pain, just took it light. For lack of a better word, it is really depressing to work legs now. But I will be patient, and hopefully by next week, I should feel some relief. Still liking the supp though.
hope ya knee gets better soon bro .. yeah just keep being patient and everything will fall into its place.

how are the energy levels during workouts on Essentials ? from day1 to day6 .. are you feeling the endurance more now ?

Good luck .. keep it up

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Day 7 and 8- Did not work out these two days. I did notice some relief in my left knee. It does not hurt as much as it did before. As for the energy level during workout, while it does not compare to JP8, it is there, I like it. Will be able to tell better on week two.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 7 and 8- Did not work out these two days. I did notice some relief in my left knee. It does not hurt as much as it did before. As for the energy level during workout, while it does not compare to JP8, it is there, I like it. Will be able to tell better on week two.
Glad to hear the knee is feeling better.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Pem, yeah both are actually. The other one is finally starting to feel a bit better. I am going to stay totally away from leg workout for another week or so. One other thing I did notice..(although not sure if to attribute this to ZMA or essentials), but I noticed my libido has gotten very high lately. While it has been good, it seems I am horny beyond normal, and this almost all day. Have you all experienced anyone with this "side effect" from your test subjects?

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Pem, yeah both are actually. The other one is finally starting to feel a bit better. I am going to stay totally away from leg workout for another week or so. One other thing I did notice..(although not sure if to attribute this to ZMA or essentials), but I noticed my libido has gotten very high lately. While it has been good, it seems I am horny beyond normal, and this almost all day. Have you all experienced anyone with this "side effect" from your test subjects?
It is definitely the ZMA, however essentials does contain vitamin b6 which increases testosterone, which could lead to a libido boost, but so does ZMA, lol. ZMA is not sold as a test booster but it does aid body in recovery and immune system. Magnesium synergized with zinc can increases testosterone based on recent studies.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Day 12- Chest
Still maintaining the same strength as before, this to me is good so far. I am not taking any adittional pre workout supp, and I can definitely tell that essentials is giving the energy and endurance to still get a good workout, and stay focused. I have gotten some relief in both knees now. While still tender, I don't experience little discomfort when either getting up from sitting, or walking down stairs. I gauge my level of improvement based how much discomfort I feel first thing in the when going down the stairs.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Day 12- Chest
Still maintaining the same strength as before, this to me is good so far. I am not taking any adittional pre workout supp, and I can definitely tell that essentials is giving the energy and endurance to still get a good workout, and stay focused. I have gotten some relief in both knees now. While still tender, I don't experience little discomfort when either getting up from sitting, or walking down stairs. I gauge my level of improvement based how much discomfort I feel first thing in the when going down the stairs.
Glad to see knees continue to get better, it will get better slowly, just give your body some time.