TrueProtein Gemma Protein Isolate

1. TrueProtein Gemma Protein Isolate

I got the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavor, w/ stevia as the sweetener. This stuff is amazing. Let me elaborate...

Taste/Aftertaste: This stuff tastes great. There is a definite aftertaste, and, not surprisingly, it tastes like sweet peas! It's not an overpowering flavor at all; it is subtle and adds a complementary sweetness and flavor that I'm very fond of. This may very well become my staple protein.

Mixability: Mixes great. Takes a bit more water than whey protein, but that's not usually a problem.

Texture: It's smooth and creamy. Nothing bad I can say about it.

Price: Cheap as dirt! The protein itself is only $4.89 per pound; even with the premium flavoring, you're looking at under $60 for 10 lbs, and with the discount code it only gets better!

Overall: I'm sure you can tell, I'm rather fond of this stuff. I love it.

2. i heard you get ridiculous gas from this, and it smells more rank then rotten eggs,

just what i heard, that tends to keep me away from it

3. Hmm.. Odd, I haven't experienced any gas from this.. I've also heard from others that this is much better than whey as far as gastro issues are concerned.
    •   

4. I haven't heard too much about gas either. Perhaps it's a person-to-person basis although seems uncommon. How long have you been using this Ozarka? Let us know if you get gas later on, but most gas is from non-fermentable carbs, and GPI is very very low carb.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    I haven't heard too much about gas either. Perhaps it's a person-to-person basis although seems uncommon. How long have you been using this Ozarka? Let us know if you get gas later on, but most gas is from non-fermentable carbs, and GPI is very very low carb.
    I've been using it for the past week, every day.

6. I havn't had the gas problem, but I got my Gemma protein from another company for my first time trying it and I can barely handle the taste.

Similar Forum Threads

1. gemma protein
    By mountainman1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-15-2010, 05:15 AM
  2. True Protein's Gemma/Pea Isolate
    By bioman in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-01-2009, 12:49 PM
  3. Gemma Protein as opposed to whey?
    By Irish Cannon in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 20