lg science gemma protien review

BigNemo

BigNemo

Awards
  • Established
I purchased a tub of chocolate and a tub of vanilla. the chocolate was decent not great decent, the vanilla was not as good as the chocolate didnt really taste like vanilla just this sweet chemically taste with a huge aftertaste prob tastes like antifreeze, not to sure how ima get 5 puonds of this stuff down guess i'l mix it with some elite vanilla. The big problem hit me in the face when i looked at the ingredient profile, STEVIA! You might as well have used sweet and low, stevia!? wut a bad tasting move. I use to use muscular weight gain by healthy and fit, when they added stevia 2 it I stoped buying it cause it left this awful taste in ur mouth. Drop the stevia add some fructose not alot cause I know bout all the ppl who complain "oh theres like 4 grams of sugar per servimg omg thats 2much" but lets b honest here are we alpha males who lift poundage and put it in at the gym or do we workout, cause a lil sugar aint gonna hurt u gorrillas but it may make some scarf the product down quicker, so plz lg drop the stevia it tastes like school supplies, I was really hopin that this would have been better, but on the lighter side of things MMV2 IS THE SHYAT! And 4 those who are afraid of a lil sugar or fructose or whatever it is, rethink how much wrk u really put in if a lil sugar affects ur routine.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the kind words on MMv2! Glad to hear your feedback as we take the good with the bad of course. A few have complained about the taste and we are currently re-working the flavoring for both the vanilla and the chocolate, as well as releasing another version. You can find more info here...

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/lg-sciences/111035-new-lg-protein.html

If you consider what the protein really is, it tastes awesome! The taste of the chocolate really grew on me!

BigNemo

BigNemo

Awards
  • Established
like I said the chocolate is decent but its the aftertaste of the stevia that gets me.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
like I said the chocolate is decent but its the aftertaste of the stevia that gets me.
I really like the chocolate and the vanilla. The first 2-3 servings may not be that great, but it will grow on you and now i'd drink it over whey any day.

I'll buy both tubs from you if you don't want them.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
I really like the chocolate and the vanilla. The first 2-3 servings may not be that great, but it will grow on you and now i'd drink it over whey any day.

I agree, I really enjoy my vanilla now.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established

I was gonna offer that! :p You stole my idea!
If I wouldn't loose my @ss on shipping I would take one of you up on your offers, I bought the Choc, and Vanilla, and I honestly cannot see how ANYONE would enjoy drinking this? I mean, I have NEVER cared what a supplement tasted like, after all its a supplement, it has a purpose more important than taste, but the Vanilla tastes EXACTLY like raw dough, and no I don't mean cookie dough,i mean plain nasty raw dough.

Anyways, after ready Joebo's review a few weeks ago i decided to listen to his advice and try it a few more times and let it "grow on me". Well, 3 weeks later and now I feel like I'm going to puke after drinking the Vanilla shake I take every night before bed, I actually started putting off going to bed so I wouldn't have to drink it (probably why I'm posting this at 3:44 AM)

SORRY TP, FOR STRAYING AWAY FROM YOU, NEVER WILL I EVER DO IT AGAIN (EXCEPT MAYBE TO TRY ATW)

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If I wouldn't loose my @ss on shipping I would take one of you up on your offers, I bought the Choc, and Vanilla, and I honestly cannot see how ANYONE would enjoy drinking this? I mean, I have NEVER cared what a supplement tasted like, after all its a supplement, it has a purpose more important than taste, but the Vanilla tastes EXACTLY like raw dough, and no I don't mean cookie dough,i mean plain nasty raw dough.

Anyways, after ready Joebo's review a few weeks ago i decided to listen to his advice and try it a few more times and let it "grow on me". Well, 3 weeks later and now I feel like I'm going to puke after drinking the Vanilla shake I take every night before bed, I actually started putting off going to bed so I wouldn't have to drink it (probably why I'm posting this at 3:44 AM)

SORRY TP, FOR STRAYING AWAY FROM YOU, NEVER WILL I EVER DO IT AGAIN (EXCEPT MAYBE TO TRY ATW)

Wow, I am really shocked you don't like it... I like the Vanilla a lot. I happen to hate whey though, the cardboard taste really kills me.

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
Wow, I am really shocked you don't like it... I like the Vanilla a lot. I happen to hate whey though, the cardboard taste really kills me.
Have you had any from TP? I don't like the ON protein, but everything I've had from TP and the ATW samples I got I liked a lot.

Maybe I'm just weird, The other thing I didn't like was how thick the LG protein is, and the ATW and TP isolates get only a little thicker than the water I mix it with, but I know some people enjoy their shakes thicker.