While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads: X-Dreams

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To my surprise my package was here when I got home.

Disturbed Sleep Symptoms:

Early Evening Crash - After dinner, if I seat in front of the TV, within less than an hour I will be nodding off. This usually happens around 7:00 - 7:30 PM. I drop into a few moments of sleep. I fight to stay awake so I can enjoy relaxation time with my wife and daughter during our family TV time and ultimately go into the bedroom by 8:00 or so to go to sleep.

I wake at 3:45 AM so my bed time allows for up to 8 hours of sleep.

I'll usually lay there tossing and turning to find my sweet spot for up to an hour trying to fall asleep again. If and when I do, just like clock work, I will wake up in 50 to 60 mins max. This can go on for the rest of the night with max duration 70 to 90 minute intervals.

I'll be honest, I will at times walk to the kitchen and get a snack or more. I'm not necessarily hungry but I am looking for comfort food to help me fall back asleep. This could be detrimental to my physique, but at this point I have learned to be at maintanance or near deficit during the waking hours to allow intake.

I have considered my daily caffeine and stimulant intake in this ordeal. I have used and abused caffeine and ephedrine in the past. I rarely use ephedrine any more.

I have eliminated caffeine. I have put a cut off time for caffeine intake. I have overdone caffeine. There really is little difference. Ultimately caffeine is desired because I can aften be a little slow to get ramped up without it because of the sleep issues.

Sleep Medication/Supplementation History:

Ambien, Ambien CR, Tamazepam, PowerFULL, 1-C (PureDopa), phenibut

Ambien - initially it was a God send. I had been experiencing interupted sleep forever. It would put me out rather quickly. But soon I would begin to wake up shortly after falling asleep. Then I began to double dose. Some thing.

Ambien CR - Same as above really. But I began to experience terrible night time sleep eating and amnesia. Shortly after dosing I would experience a blue vision with a very bad muscle coordination trouble. I would have conversations that night before that I would not remember the next day. Soon two would be required and I still could not sleep passed the first two hours or so without getting up and eating in the middle of the night. Two of them would have me feeling very bad in the morning.

Tamazepam -

(tb continued)

I just dropped two capsules.

I just got in from a long day. Will update with more substance in my opening post later in the day tomorrow.

Thanks IBE for the opportunity to test this product.

Heat Miser (aka: B5150)

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
'while visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads' .. You're gonna get some nutty dreams if that's your 'starting point' ! haha ..

In for this one. Hope you'll like it.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
congrats brian. hope you start sleeping well.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck with this, brian. My insomnia has become very bad as of late. I'll have to give this a go myself to test the waters.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks all.

I updated my opening post with more edits to follow.

I have a report from last night that I will update when I can.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1st nights sleep (Thursday)

Took my caps at about 7:45PM. This was shortly after a meal and a late snack.

30 mins into it I did feel a sense of relaxation. Nothing drastic but just enough that I did notice it. At that point I went into my bed to try to get to sleep for the night.

I will say that there was a great anticipation on my part as I was feeling rather calmed and relaxed. After a shirt while I did fall asleep only to wake again in about 45 mins. This happened twice and I laid down the last time at 10:15PM.

To my very pleasant surprise the next thing I know I woke at 3:15AM!!! You do the math! That's up to 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep. I am so very pleased with that...thanks.

I experienced a more refreshed day throughout. My body does notice things like this as I could sense a reduced muscle soreness immediately upon waking.

Now as far as the "X-Dreams" - I woke up feeling a bit ashamed of myself. Proud from a performance aspect, but ashamed none the less. Well, not TOTALLY ashamed...:D

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Friday and Saturday nights feedback.

Similar situations but I did not experience the long clip of sleep. Weekend nights are likely not going to be my best nights to judge performance. My sleep pattern will be different from my regular weekday pattern where I try to be much more disciplined in my sleep routine. On weekend days I make no efforts to avoid a nap whenever I can get one.

I will keep posted on anything remarkable over the weekend. Look for more detailed and precise feedback from my weeknight use.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As stated, I will look to employ this weekdays with more bedtime hygene and routine.

I will do my best to eliminate stims after noon and try to dose as close to an empty stomach as possible.

I wake at 3:45AM Tuesday thru Friday, train at 4:30AM and work 10 hours days, so by 8:00PM I am surely ready for sleep.

With the exception of the very first night I have see nothing regarding increased duration of sleep. I have on the other hand seen an increase in vivid and dramatic dreams during the sleep periods I do get.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
if this product works on this insomniac miser then it's a solid product.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tuesday Night

Sleep periods of up to two hour intervals at the very most. I woke several times throughout the night.

Despite the interrupted sleep the dreams were again vivid and interesting. I was also reasonably refreshed despite the lack of continuous and complete sleep throughout the night.

Tonight I may try a little later dose and a little later bed time. I have a mens group meeting that will run until about 8:30.

We'll see.

I'll post my experience tomorrow.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Looking forward to your review with a larger dose. I have yet to even try this product, so I cannot give you an opinion on it with any dose.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Update

I'd like to be able to report remarkable things about the sustained sleep inducing effects but at this time I cannot.

On the other hand X-Dream does provide a sense of relaxation and calmness within 60 minutes of dosing.

In addition to that the sleep periods that I do experience are full of very vivid and interesting dreams. I note this because it is usually just a matter of time when I have repeated REM episodes that I have dreams that are nightmares. This is not the case at all. My thoughts and feelings are pleasant, usually of the sexual nature, marked with a dramatic reduction in inhibitions and increased performance. The challenge with this sort of thing is that there is so much entertainment going on it seems that my brain is working all night long.

In light of the fact that I do not experience any greater or longer periods of sleep I do wake refreshed and almost energized. I do not drag or dread the day like sometimes can be the case with unproductive sleep.

A couple nights this weekend I did take my tamazepam with it. I chose to take two caps of X-Dream and two caps of tamazepam (I believe they are 25mg). I slept like a rock for a couple long sessions. Actually on Sunday morning I woke at around 7:00AM to use the bathroom and layed back down and did not wake up until 11:00AM. Unfortunately the double dose of tamazepam left me slightly hung over.

Tonight I am going to experiment with three caps of X-Dream alone and see how I do.

Will report my findings.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great feedback, Brian!

That's a ton of Temazepam (Restoril), B. :eek:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great feedback, Brian!

That's a ton of Temazepam (Restoril), B. :eek:
I'm no lightweight ;)

The half life is short but two is just enough to give me a hang over that I don't really appreciate.

Nothing worse than getting the rest you wanted and then not be able to get up off the couch... :(

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
:eek: For the love of God! I would be out for days at that dose (tamazepam 25mg each).
You my friend, are hardcore.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually, I just checked....they're 30mg each ;)

I did get about 12hrs sleep total :D

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm no lightweight ;)

The half life is short but two is just enough to give me a hang over that I don't really appreciate.

Nothing worse than getting the rest you wanted and then not be able to get up off the couch... :(
No doubt, you certainly aren't a lightweight! :)

Hell, if i take Nyquil, it's good night irene! The doxyalamine succinate (antihistamine) in it has a powerful hypnotic effect. It's sold individually as Unisom-2 OTC. Have you tried it?

It's been anecdotally evinced to be more potent than many prescription hypnotics (including phenobarbitol.) The anticholinergic side effects can suck the next day though.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No doubt, you certainly aren't a lightweight! :)

Hell, if i take Nyquil, it's good night irene! The doxyalamine succinate (antihistamine) in it has a powerful hypnotic effect. It's sold individually as Unisom-2 OTC. Have you tried it?

It's been anecdotally evinced to be more potent than many prescription hypnotics (including phenobarbitol.) The anticholinergic side effects can suck the next day though.
The only antihistamine I've tried is Benedryl.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys,

All is the same as I have stated so far. I have mixed and matched and double dosed. This last week or so has been a poor week for sleep discipline. I very much prefer to be early to rise and early to bed. Fortunately with this holiday week I have had off of work since Christmas Eve day. Unfortunately this throws everything as far as sleep schedule out the window. In addition to the late nights and sleeping in my daughter has had off of school all this time as well. This means...I have a three way just about every night.

My daughter joins me and my wife in our bed. I ain't going to listen for a minute about the bad parenting and discipline. Once your first two are grown up and out of the house you cherish every moment that your little girl wants to cuddle up in bed with you. She got my number too..."roll over Dad so I can spoon you" ;)

Anyway...three ways are over rated! I have a king-sized bed for a reason. My daughter is a bed hog. Well, enough of story time.

I have recently dosed X-Dream at as high as 4 caps. I have done this with on Tamazepam. I have done it with my ZMA/Melatonin. I have done it with PureDopa (1-Carboxy). As to be expected I have done it with all of the combined a time or two.

Here's the thing - I get drowsy, I'll fall asleep. Won't stay asleep for long. The Tamazepam causes me to get cravings at night - not good.

But the odd thing is that if I am left alone to (or chose to) in the late AM (5:00ish) I can sleep for a good two or three hours in one clip.

I suspect a few things - one of which is stress and or over training related stress. I suspect I am in need of a - very long overhaul of stress-free life management, non-resistance training, alternate social sport activity, book reading, candlelight hot bath, walk in the park, give the weights a break - therapy. Really.

With that said, I will be taking 4 caps of X-Dream here in a few minutes. I want to see how I do solo once again. I have no gym work scheduled for tomorrow. So I will sleep as long and late as I want and hopefully not have the groggy feeling that the stacking produces. I have nine capsules left, so that will allow for 4 tonight and 4 for tomorrow night.

IBE-Guys, I will fill in my reserved second post with a review summary. I do feel this product does have merit so don't feel as I am slighting it in any way. It does deliver a few things that I enjoy and am hopeful to capture in my summary.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My X-Dream Summary

My initial response to X-Dreams was rather impressive. 30 to 45 minutes after dosing I began to experience a feeling of calmness and relaxation. This was shortly followed by a desire to close my eyes to find sleep.

My very first nights use of X-Dreams was very impressive in regards to my ability to attain a complete nights sleep. I have posted the experience here: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/111282-while-visions-sugar.html#post1702958

Unfortunately for me that was the one and only time that I was able to sleep for such a uninterrupted period of time. Let me be quite honest here, I have abused stimulants in the past, insomnia does perpetuate caffeine intake and stress and overtraining are very serious factors in anyone's ability to sleep uninterrupted. By no means is this a slight to X-Dreams. I can be like a machine with my training persistence and it is a self perpetuating cycle of training to feel good, overtraining, training to overcome feeling overtrained, to overtraining again...and on and on. The discipline and structure of training is my drug of choice.

Despite the above I regularly woke with a feeling of improved restedness. My disappointment from the anticipation of more consecutive sleep hours was dispelled by the feeling of rejuvenation that I did have once I got up and moving. I did not experience the feeling of dragging myself through the morning nor a need for caffeine to get a more alert state. So regardless of the consecutive sleep periods the sleep I did get was quality.

X-Dreams is what it's name says. It produced very vivid, intense and stimulating dreams. I would laugh out loud in my dreams so much so that I was certain that I was waking the house up. Dreams of grief and or sadness produced weeping and tears of almost therapeutic levels. The dreams in a sexual nature were not necessarily graphic in the act but the feeling of being the much sought after star performer who pleased many left me waking with a sense of shame and guilt from time to time. The thought of "does she [the wife] know where I was, who I was with and what I was doing [while I was sleeping]" came to mind several times upon waking in the morning.

X-Dreams almost made me look forward, more than usual, to a nights sleep, if for nothing more than the vivid and dramatic and entertaining experience.

X-Dreams certainly produced a restful sleep and a vivid dream experience. I would certainly use it again.

Thanks a lot to IBE for the opportunity to try X-Dreams out for myself.