Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.47%

Basically back to the basics.

Hello all, first off I would like to say it is nice to be able to get back to this forum. It’s also good to see the familiar faces that are still here and the new ones bringing knowledge to the community. That being said I am going to log an eight week adventure.
    My log will be a look at the basics, the very basics. Instead of focusing on any of the new products (which seem to look very promising), I will be detailing the benefits of a solid diet and training program combined with the building block basics.In the log I will be using Whey isolate/BCAA/Fishoils/Multi/Creatine/Arginine/ZMA/Livertabs. If anyone disagrees with this stack constituting the basics please post and let me know. I want for those starting the “game” to see what can be accomplished with basics. My log will also include diet and training via the trackers here on AM. I will be starting the log approximately next week. So please feel free to let me know anything that you would like to see added or removed from the log.
    Thank You
    Last edited by WittyName; 12-11-2008 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Addtion

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.47%

Well I recieved all my stuff and I am ready to go.
    Today will be the first day (obviously). I will be using the following;

Staples-MVP(MVitamin), Fish Oils (12 gms), Saw Palm, Green Tea, Grape Seed, Policosanol, Milk Thistle, Vit. C (8 gms), Garlic, Vit.E and Selnium. These are year round for me.

The additions- Uni-liver 16 4 w/every meal, WPI (True Protein), 1 serving BCAA+EAA (LG Sciences) with approx. 8 gms of L-Leucine (NutraPlanet) added, 1 serrving Caffine-Free Ragnarok (Millineum Sports), NoXidant (RPN), Gut Health (RPN), Sleep-Aid (True Protein), ZMK (Millineum Sports) 1 tsp. 1-Carboxy (NutraPlanet/USP Labs)

I will get my workout routine posted soon as well. If anyone has any suggestions or comment please let me know. I want to put some pics up, it just depends on whether or not I can get over my "Fattitude".

My diet can be folliowed via the tracker here at AM. Thanks
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.91%
    Achievements Posting Pro

subscribed, and good luck sir. It is refreshing to see someone going back to basics. A lot of us (my self included), sometimes get caught up in the quest for the perfect body, that stray from the basics. Once again, welcome back, and good luck.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Great looking log bro! Can't wait to see how all of this pans out!
  5. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Arrived and ready to roll! Stack is looking solid buddy...you'll have to let me know how that amino mix from LG is. I'm thinkin about picking some up!

What flavor of Ragnarok are you using? I am addicted to caff free warrior melon.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.47%

I am using the Warrior Melon as well. I really am liking LG's BCAA product. Oh my diet will be CKD/Anabolic. I am looking towards a lean bulk. I believe it can be done. I will do a stat assement tonight and get the exact numbers back.
    My training follows a periodization style. Hypertrophy/Strength/Power.
  7. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.2%

Warrior Melon is delicious
    www.millenniumsport.net
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.51%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Sub'd, nice to see someone just doing the basics.
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.56%

Subbed as well.
  10. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.39%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Looks good! I Would only start out with 1/2 tsp. 1-C, and see how it goes. 1tsp ~3.6g, which is a very hefty dose. The MVP/ZMK should cover you for the Vit & Minerals, I picked up one for myself. How much grapseed do you take? I do 100mg + 500mg Green Tea, 2x day.
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.56%

Oh and put up the pics anyway..fattitude,lol. Diet will take care of that so you should be good.
  12. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.39%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    Oh and put up the pics anyway..fattitude,lol. Diet will take care of that so you should be good.
    Agreed. At the very least , take the pics and use them to gauga progress. Posting them is actually pretty motivational and will help you push yourself harder knowing we will want to see the results; you'll be glad you posted them in the end
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.56%

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Agreed. At the very least , take the pics and use them to gauga progress. Posting them is actually pretty motivational and will help you push yourself harder knowing we will want to see the results; you'll be glad you posted them in the end
    Aye agreed, I have to put up pics at the end of my cut in March and it makes a difference to me how I diet as I know I have to show the pics. Prove that I'm more than talk..lol
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.47%

Will do. I will get the befores up this week. I try to take a pretty high dosage of grapeseed it is the W-Mart brand with resveratrol. I cant remember dosage I will post it tommorow but I get about four caps of it a day though.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.81%

Thumbs up

I did an all basics stack last year and made great progress while doing it. Uni-Liver's were part of mine as well. Your dosing protocol for them looks good man.

Best to you with this new log.

Hg
  16. Team Nutra Ninja Monkey Trainer
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.45%

Subbed ! Gimmie a call if you need anything buddy !
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.47%

Thanks for all the support everyone. I feel that I should mention a bit about my training routine. I am currently in the hypertrophy phase of my periodization. My rest periods are 60-90 secs using a 3-0-3 tempo. (T.U.T baby!!!!)
    Last night I did legs and I must say this tempo for squats always gives me a better pump more so than a power type tempo. With the addition of the Ragnarok pre (45mins before) and the BCAA+EAA/L-Leucine I was a very happy camper . My workout last about an hour and you can find it in my workout tracker I will put in the numbers today. Hey how come I cant put in 1 million pds? JKING
    Afterwards, I finished off my BCAA+EAA/L-Leucine mix and drank a True Protein' s Isolate Watermelon Wave MMMMMM. Took a shower (love the banish and Majestic Mud.) Popped 1 of Tp's Sleep Aid 1/2 tsp 1-carboxy and 1serving of ZMK. In approx. 10 mins I was asleep soundly quietly. Dreams were a bit colorful. Woke up this morning wanting about an hour more and at full attention. (This really isnt that uncommon) I would say I got about 7.5 to 8 hours. Today I feel the pump but not really any soreness. All and all going very well.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.47%

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Looks good! I Would only start out with 1/2 tsp. 1-C, and see how it goes. 1tsp ~3.6g, which is a very hefty dose. The MVP/ZMK should cover you for the Vit & Minerals, I picked up one for myself. How much grapseed do you take? I do 100mg + 500mg Green Tea, 2x day.
    I am taking 100 mgs. I am a huge anti-oxidant fan. I think I am going to really love RPN''s NO-Xdiant.
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.33%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Looking good man, i too like NOxidant, I used to use it when it was under Scivations brand name before being sold to RPN

Anyway, I think you'll find BC+EAA is great. Since it already contain a 4:1 ratio of leucine to the other two bcaa's I would switch to just a double dose of the product rather than the added leucine once your finished with your current stash of leucine.
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.47%

Sorry for the late update. SINUS INFECTIONS and HEADACHES SUCK!!!!!
    Went to the doc the other day and he told me he could give me some antibiotics and I would be better in 4-5 days or I could rest and be better in about 4-5 days. So I opted to not get the antibiotics. Tuesday was a very very very light day in the gym. Missed work and the gym on Wed. due to the headache. Will try to get in the gym tonight depending on how I feel after work. Have been maintaining diet and sup regimen though. I believe the NO-Xidant/Liver-tabs/bccaa+eaa is really helping to prevent me from feeling really bad. Again I am really sorry guys.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.81%

Good on ya for passing up on the AB's bro. Those things kill your body's natural defenses off. Your better off without them unless it is life and death! I quit using them over 3 years ago and now my immune system is stronger than ever!

Just getting over the very same thing you are here myself.

Hg
  22. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.56%

Yuck! I get migraines so I sympathise on the headache. Hope you kick it all quickly!
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.47%

Starting to wonder wheter or not I should have passed on the antibiotics. The last few days I have been miserable. BLAH. I am feeling better today, but I dont think I am going to chance the gym. I have been following diet and supp routine to a T. (I couldnt imagine how I would feel if I didnt have the anti-oxidants and liver-tabs.) If I am feeling better tommorow I think I am going to start back.
  24. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Yup it's all about the bare bones stack! Sub'd, good luck sir
  25. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.39%

Quote Originally Posted by WittyName View Post
    Starting to wonder wheter or not I should have passed on the antibiotics. The last few days I have been miserable. BLAH. I am feeling better today, but I dont think I am going to chance the gym. I have been following diet and supp routine to a T. (I couldnt imagine how I would feel if I didnt have the anti-oxidants and liver-tabs.) If I am feeling better tommorow I think I am going to start back.
    Probably better in the long run; antibiotics leads to drug resistance, and screw with your GI flora. Get well
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.47%

Hate to admit it but I broke down a got some Sudafed, the kind that you have to show 7 different types of I.D. to get. It has really helped with the feverish feeling but I am still trying to kick the headachy pressure crap. Picked up a vaporizer have been using it for two nights I dont wake up so dried out. I think I am on the road to recovery. I am going to do some light training tonight, probably nothing logworthy but still. Thanks everyone for the support. As soon as I am at full speed this should be a good log.
  27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.7%

In for the restart
    get well soon
  28. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.2%

good luck with kickin the cold brother!
    www.millenniumsport.net
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.47%

Good news everyone, I am about 90% recovered. This Sat. I am going to do a light total body. If I am feelig good Sun. It's GAME ON for Mon. My gf has a six yr. old son and we were wrestling around today and he asked me where did my muscles go. There is nothing worse then having a six yr old talk smack to you. That being said I am ready to get back at it.
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.81%

LOL at the 6 year old Hope you 100% man, hit it as hard as you can...

Hg
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.47%

Good news, today is the day.... LEGS baby. I am ready to rock and or roll. The diet is going to be modified a bit. I will be doing more of Scivations Cut Diet. I will be switching to ckd/anabolic as summer nears. Thanks for bearing with me everyone. Please sit back and enjoy the show.
  32. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.2%

Rock out that leg day brother!!
    www.millenniumsport.net
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.47%

Great day yesterday. I sipped on some BCAA+EAAs all day dosed my liver tabs and was more than ready for legs. 30 mins prior I used 1 serving of Ragnarok and prepared another BCAA+EAA/Leucine cocktail. It felt great to be back. Since I have been out for a bit I decided to squat till I dropped which was 8 sets (including warm-up).
    About 45 mins after taking the Ragnarok I could feel the pump coming. Using a 3-0-3 tempo and having the ragnarok start to kick in made my quads feel like they were incredibly full and "fiery". This is a good thing. After my fifth set I just decided to keep going with squats. With my squats completed I noticed that I was actually developing a pump in my shoulders. Good times. I finished the workout with some ab work. My abs felt tighter. Man I missed this.
    Post workout took my NO-xidant waited about 90 mins and then dosed 1 sleep-aid, 1/2 tsp of 1-carboxy and ZMK. Took a shower and was easily ready to sleep. I did wake up once about 4 and half hours in for the nightly pee-pee but feel right back to sleep as soon as I hit the pillow. Some very vivid dreams as well.
    Woke up this morning feeling good no soreness, this is really hard to believe esp. after the time off. Even with a regular schedule I am a bit sore from the 3-0-3 tempo. Things going nicely slowly but surely.
    Side note my gf wants me to thank RPN for the Gut Health apparently she isn’t a fan of my Flatulence. (And I thought you were supposed to accept those you love.) I also believe that it played an important role in getting over my cold/sinus infection, sans the antibiotics.
    Diet and workout is posted via trackers.
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.14%

Well I recieved all my stuff and I am ready to go.
    Today will be the first day (obviously). I will be using the following;

Staples-MVP(MVitamin), Fish Oils (12 gms), Saw Palm, Green Tea, Grape Seed, Policosanol, Milk Thistle, Vit. C (8 gms), Garlic, Vit.E and Selnium. These are year round for me.

The additions- Uni-liver 16 4 w/every meal, WPI (True Protein), 1 serving BCAA+EAA (LG Sciences) with approx. 8 gms of L-Leucine (NutraPlanet) added, 1 serrving Caffine-Free Ragnarok (Millineum Sports), NoXidant (RPN), Gut Health (RPN), Sleep-Aid (True Protein), ZMK (Millineum Sports) 1 tsp. 1-Carboxy (NutraPlanet/USP Labs)

I will get my workout routine posted soon as well. If anyone has any suggestions or comment please let me know. I want to put some pics up, it just depends on whether or not I can get over my "Fattitude".

My diet can be folliowed via the tracker here at AM. Thanks
    How much did this (Basics) cost you?
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.47%

Well I purchased during the Legendary Np new years sale, so that helped alot. Aside from the staples, about 120 at NP and the TP order was 120 as well. They had a really good sale around that time as well that included a free bottle of caps. (Sleep-aid)

I will try to go through my records and give you a more exact cost later.
  36. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.7%

Well I purchased during the Legendary Np new years sale, so that helped alot. Aside from the staples, about 120 at NP and the TP order was 120 as well. They had a really good sale around that time as well that included a free bottle of caps. (Sleep-aid)

I will try to go through my records and give you a more exact cost later.

Sounds like you got some good pricing, but obviously you will need to reorder at some point. So my question to you is what is the duration the supps purchased at New years will last ?
  37. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.2%

my girlfriend is a happy camper since i've begun taking Gut Health as well. Sounds like a good workout bro!
    www.millenniumsport.net
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.47%

Quote Originally Posted by scoooter View Post
    Sounds like you got some good pricing, but obviously you will need to reorder at some point. So my question to you is what is the duration the supps purchased at New years will last ?
    Rough estimate about six weeks, I dont use anything on Sundays. I will do some calculations and give better estimates.
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.16%

Thumbs up

Definitely curious, to see how this goes...
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.47%

Missed the gym yesterday due to incliment weather conditions. Apparently the state of Virginia is running low on "salt" so the road conditions are less than optimal. At home I just did some minor dumbell stuff. I unfortunately dont have the preffered amount of weight to feel like I am pushing it, but if you do anything slow enough and concentrate on the mind/muscle connection you will get your moneys worth.

Really loving the Ragnarok, it gives me the pump and the energy without the caffine. I am not downing any stim based pre-w.o. mixes its just that I work out after working 11 hours and go to sleep shortly after my work out. I need to be able to fall asleep and stim-based supps just keep me too awake.
    Havent really been noticing much in the power dept. but I haven't been able to go all out and track it either. I have noticed and increase in stamina. Seems like I just want to go for one more rep. I am attributing this to the liver-tabs and bcaa/eaa's.

Diet has been good did a minor carb-up last night.
    Organic sweet potatoes mmmmmmmm . Feeling good and full and energetic. I am thinking about switching my workout from evening to early morning.
    Any advice on this?

Will be taking pics this weekend, am a little scared to post. The whole fatboy thing. Can everyone view my diet ok?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Getting back to basics... Need help.
    By myrddin in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-14-2010, 11:08 AM
  2. Back to the BASICS!!!!
    By Machwon1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-20-2010, 12:55 AM
  3. Back to the Basics Hypertrophy Help
    By Doug8796 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2