Basically back to the basics.

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
Hello all, first off I would like to say it is nice to be able to get back to this forum. It’s also good to see the familiar faces that are still here and the new ones bringing knowledge to the community. That being said I am going to log an eight week adventure.
My log will be a look at the basics, the very basics. Instead of focusing on any of the new products (which seem to look very promising), I will be detailing the benefits of a solid diet and training program combined with the building block basics.In the log I will be using Whey isolate/BCAA/Fishoils/Multi/Creatine/Arginine/ZMA/Livertabs. If anyone disagrees with this stack constituting the basics please post and let me know. I want for those starting the “game” to see what can be accomplished with basics. My log will also include diet and training via the trackers here on AM. I will be starting the log approximately next week. So please feel free to let me know anything that you would like to see added or removed from the log.
Thank You

Last edited:
WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
Well I recieved all my stuff and I am ready to go.
Today will be the first day (obviously). I will be using the following;

Staples-MVP(MVitamin), Fish Oils (12 gms), Saw Palm, Green Tea, Grape Seed, Policosanol, Milk Thistle, Vit. C (8 gms), Garlic, Vit.E and Selnium. These are year round for me.

The additions- Uni-liver 16 4 w/every meal, WPI (True Protein), 1 serving BCAA+EAA (LG Sciences) with approx. 8 gms of L-Leucine (NutraPlanet) added, 1 serrving Caffine-Free Ragnarok (Millineum Sports), NoXidant (RPN), Gut Health (RPN), Sleep-Aid (True Protein), ZMK (Millineum Sports) 1 tsp. 1-Carboxy (NutraPlanet/USP Labs)

I will get my workout routine posted soon as well. If anyone has any suggestions or comment please let me know. I want to put some pics up, it just depends on whether or not I can get over my "Fattitude".

My diet can be folliowed via the tracker here at AM. Thanks

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
subscribed, and good luck sir. It is refreshing to see someone going back to basics. A lot of us (my self included), sometimes get caught up in the quest for the perfect body, that stray from the basics. Once again, welcome back, and good luck.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Great looking log bro! Can't wait to see how all of this pans out!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Arrived and ready to roll! Stack is looking solid buddy...you'll have to let me know how that amino mix from LG is. I'm thinkin about picking some up!

What flavor of Ragnarok are you using? I am addicted to caff free warrior melon.

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
I am using the Warrior Melon as well. I really am liking LG's BCAA product. Oh my diet will be CKD/Anabolic. I am looking towards a lean bulk. I believe it can be done. I will do a stat assement tonight and get the exact numbers back.
My training follows a periodization style. Hypertrophy/Strength/Power.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Sub'd, nice to see someone just doing the basics.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks good! I Would only start out with 1/2 tsp. 1-C, and see how it goes. 1tsp ~3.6g, which is a very hefty dose. The MVP/ZMK should cover you for the Vit & Minerals, I picked up one for myself. How much grapseed do you take? I do 100mg + 500mg Green Tea, 2x day.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Oh and put up the pics anyway..fattitude,lol. Diet will take care of that so you should be good.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh and put up the pics anyway..fattitude,lol. Diet will take care of that so you should be good.
Agreed. At the very least , take the pics and use them to gauga progress. Posting them is actually pretty motivational and will help you push yourself harder knowing we will want to see the results; you'll be glad you posted them in the end :beerchug:

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Agreed. At the very least , take the pics and use them to gauga progress. Posting them is actually pretty motivational and will help you push yourself harder knowing we will want to see the results; you'll be glad you posted them in the end :beerchug:
Aye agreed, I have to put up pics at the end of my cut in March and it makes a difference to me how I diet as I know I have to show the pics. Prove that I'm more than talk..lol

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
Will do. I will get the befores up this week. I try to take a pretty high dosage of grapeseed it is the W-Mart brand with resveratrol. I cant remember dosage I will post it tommorow but I get about four caps of it a day though.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
I did an all basics stack last year and made great progress while doing it. Uni-Liver's were part of mine as well. Your dosing protocol for them looks good man.

Best to you with this new log.

Hg

verner

verner

Team Nutra Ninja Monkey Trainer
Awards
  • Established
Subbed ! Gimmie a call if you need anything buddy !

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the support everyone. I feel that I should mention a bit about my training routine. I am currently in the hypertrophy phase of my periodization. My rest periods are 60-90 secs using a 3-0-3 tempo. (T.U.T baby!!!!)
Last night I did legs and I must say this tempo for squats always gives me a better pump more so than a power type tempo. With the addition of the Ragnarok pre (45mins before) and the BCAA+EAA/L-Leucine I was a very happy camper :D:D:D. My workout last about an hour and you can find it in my workout tracker I will put in the numbers today. Hey how come I cant put in 1 million pds? JKING
Afterwards, I finished off my BCAA+EAA/L-Leucine mix and drank a True Protein' s Isolate Watermelon Wave MMMMMM. Took a shower (love the banish and Majestic Mud.) Popped 1 of Tp's Sleep Aid 1/2 tsp 1-carboxy and 1serving of ZMK. In approx. 10 mins I was asleep soundly quietly. Dreams were a bit colorful. Woke up this morning wanting about an hour more and at full attention. (This really isnt that uncommon) I would say I got about 7.5 to 8 hours. Today I feel the pump but not really any soreness. All and all going very well.

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
Looks good! I Would only start out with 1/2 tsp. 1-C, and see how it goes. 1tsp ~3.6g, which is a very hefty dose. The MVP/ZMK should cover you for the Vit & Minerals, I picked up one for myself. How much grapseed do you take? I do 100mg + 500mg Green Tea, 2x day.
I am taking 100 mgs. I am a huge anti-oxidant fan. I think I am going to really love RPN''s NO-Xdiant.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking good man, i too like NOxidant, I used to use it when it was under Scivations brand name before being sold to RPN

Anyway, I think you'll find BC+EAA is great. Since it already contain a 4:1 ratio of leucine to the other two bcaa's I would switch to just a double dose of the product rather than the added leucine once your finished with your current stash of leucine.

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the late update. SINUS INFECTIONS and HEADACHES SUCK!!!!!
Went to the doc the other day and he told me he could give me some antibiotics and I would be better in 4-5 days or I could rest and be better in about 4-5 days. So I opted to not get the antibiotics. Tuesday was a very very very light day in the gym. Missed work and the gym on Wed. due to the headache. Will try to get in the gym tonight depending on how I feel after work. Have been maintaining diet and sup regimen though. I believe the NO-Xidant/Liver-tabs/bccaa+eaa is really helping to prevent me from feeling really bad. Again I am really sorry guys.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Good on ya for passing up on the AB's bro. Those things kill your body's natural defenses off. Your better off without them unless it is life and death! I quit using them over 3 years ago and now my immune system is stronger than ever!

Just getting over the very same thing you are here myself.

Hg

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yuck! I get migraines so I sympathise on the headache. Hope you kick it all quickly!

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
Starting to wonder wheter or not I should have passed on the antibiotics. The last few days I have been miserable. BLAH. I am feeling better today, but I dont think I am going to chance the gym. I have been following diet and supp routine to a T. (I couldnt imagine how I would feel if I didnt have the anti-oxidants and liver-tabs.) If I am feeling better tommorow I think I am going to start back.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Yup it's all about the bare bones stack! Sub'd, good luck sir

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Starting to wonder wheter or not I should have passed on the antibiotics. The last few days I have been miserable. BLAH. I am feeling better today, but I dont think I am going to chance the gym. I have been following diet and supp routine to a T. (I couldnt imagine how I would feel if I didnt have the anti-oxidants and liver-tabs.) If I am feeling better tommorow I think I am going to start back.
Probably better in the long run; antibiotics leads to drug resistance, and screw with your GI flora. Get well :bigeyes2:

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
Hate to admit it but I broke down a got some Sudafed, the kind that you have to show 7 different types of I.D. to get. It has really helped with the feverish feeling but I am still trying to kick the headachy pressure crap. Picked up a vaporizer have been using it for two nights I dont wake up so dried out. I think I am on the road to recovery. I am going to do some light training tonight, probably nothing logworthy but still. Thanks everyone for the support. As soon as I am at full speed this should be a good log.

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
Good news everyone, I am about 90% recovered. This Sat. I am going to do a light total body. If I am feelig good Sun. It's GAME ON for Mon. My gf has a six yr. old son and we were wrestling around today and he asked me where did my muscles go. There is nothing worse then having a six yr old talk smack to you. That being said I am ready to get back at it.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
LOL at the 6 year old :D Hope you 100% man, hit it as hard as you can...

Hg

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
Good news, today is the day.... LEGS baby. I am ready to rock and or roll. The diet is going to be modified a bit. I will be doing more of Scivations Cut Diet. I will be switching to ckd/anabolic as summer nears. Thanks for bearing with me everyone. Please sit back and enjoy the show.

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
Great day yesterday. I sipped on some BCAA+EAAs all day dosed my liver tabs and was more than ready for legs. 30 mins prior I used 1 serving of Ragnarok and prepared another BCAA+EAA/Leucine cocktail. It felt great to be back. Since I have been out for a bit I decided to squat till I dropped which was 8 sets (including warm-up).
About 45 mins after taking the Ragnarok I could feel the pump coming. Using a 3-0-3 tempo and having the ragnarok start to kick in made my quads feel like they were incredibly full and "fiery". This is a good thing. After my fifth set I just decided to keep going with squats. With my squats completed I noticed that I was actually developing a pump in my shoulders. Good times. I finished the workout with some ab work. My abs felt tighter. Man I missed this.
Post workout took my NO-xidant waited about 90 mins and then dosed 1 sleep-aid, 1/2 tsp of 1-carboxy and ZMK. Took a shower and was easily ready to sleep. I did wake up once about 4 and half hours in for the nightly pee-pee but feel right back to sleep as soon as I hit the pillow. Some very vivid dreams as well.
Woke up this morning feeling good no soreness, this is really hard to believe esp. after the time off. Even with a regular schedule I am a bit sore from the 3-0-3 tempo. Things going nicely slowly but surely.
Side note my gf wants me to thank RPN for the Gut Health apparently she isn’t a fan of my Flatulence. (And I thought you were supposed to accept those you love.) I also believe that it played an important role in getting over my cold/sinus infection, sans the antibiotics.
Diet and workout is posted via trackers.

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
Well I recieved all my stuff and I am ready to go.
Today will be the first day (obviously). I will be using the following;

Staples-MVP(MVitamin), Fish Oils (12 gms), Saw Palm, Green Tea, Grape Seed, Policosanol, Milk Thistle, Vit. C (8 gms), Garlic, Vit.E and Selnium. These are year round for me.

The additions- Uni-liver 16 4 w/every meal, WPI (True Protein), 1 serving BCAA+EAA (LG Sciences) with approx. 8 gms of L-Leucine (NutraPlanet) added, 1 serrving Caffine-Free Ragnarok (Millineum Sports), NoXidant (RPN), Gut Health (RPN), Sleep-Aid (True Protein), ZMK (Millineum Sports) 1 tsp. 1-Carboxy (NutraPlanet/USP Labs)

I will get my workout routine posted soon as well. If anyone has any suggestions or comment please let me know. I want to put some pics up, it just depends on whether or not I can get over my "Fattitude".

My diet can be folliowed via the tracker here at AM. Thanks
How much did this (Basics) cost you?

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
Well I purchased during the Legendary Np new years sale, so that helped alot. Aside from the staples, about 120 at NP and the TP order was 120 as well. They had a really good sale around that time as well that included a free bottle of caps. (Sleep-aid)

I will try to go through my records and give you a more exact cost later.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well I purchased during the Legendary Np new years sale, so that helped alot. Aside from the staples, about 120 at NP and the TP order was 120 as well. They had a really good sale around that time as well that included a free bottle of caps. (Sleep-aid)

I will try to go through my records and give you a more exact cost later.

Sounds like you got some good pricing, but obviously you will need to reorder at some point. So my question to you is what is the duration the supps purchased at New years will last ?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
my girlfriend is a happy camper since i've begun taking Gut Health as well. Sounds like a good workout bro!

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you got some good pricing, but obviously you will need to reorder at some point. So my question to you is what is the duration the supps purchased at New years will last ?
Rough estimate about six weeks, I dont use anything on Sundays. I will do some calculations and give better estimates.

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Definitely curious, to see how this goes...

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
Missed the gym yesterday due to incliment weather conditions. Apparently the state of Virginia is running low on "salt" so the road conditions are less than optimal. At home I just did some minor dumbell stuff. I unfortunately dont have the preffered amount of weight to feel like I am pushing it, but if you do anything slow enough and concentrate on the mind/muscle connection you will get your moneys worth.

Really loving the Ragnarok, it gives me the pump and the energy without the caffine. I am not downing any stim based pre-w.o. mixes its just that I work out after working 11 hours and go to sleep shortly after my work out. I need to be able to fall asleep and stim-based supps just keep me too awake.
Havent really been noticing much in the power dept. but I haven't been able to go all out and track it either. I have noticed and increase in stamina. Seems like I just want to go for one more rep. I am attributing this to the liver-tabs and bcaa/eaa's.

Diet has been good did a minor carb-up last night.
Organic sweet potatoes mmmmmmmm :D. Feeling good and full and energetic. I am thinking about switching my workout from evening to early morning.
Any advice on this?

Will be taking pics this weekend, am a little scared to post. The whole fatboy thing. Can everyone view my diet ok?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How is your diet? Do you feel good about it? I'm sure that you look fine and it will be good motivation for progress. I think we all feel funny, well most of us, about posting pics.

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
Hello all. Made the gym last night, did chest workout. Noticed something very nice. The weight I ordinarily use for 8 reps, I was able to use for 10. Small difference but definitely noticable. Remember I have not started to train for strength or power yet. I am still in the hypertrophy phase. The two extra reps using a 3-0-3 tempo made me a bit sore after the workout. Today I feel no soreness. Just the pump tightness.

After work today I will be hitting back. Cant wait to see what kind of pump I get from the pull-ups. O I increased my Liver-tabs from 16 to 20. I added two upon rising and two before resting.

Crader: My diet is going ok I just feel like I am not eating enough (2500cal) Could be the lack of carbs. IDK All in all things are going nicely. Trying to lean up a bit before I begin my April to October cut.

I will be taking pics tonight. Thanks everyone for the help.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Do you know how to calculate your TEE to figure out what your cal intake should be for each of the phases in your workouts? That will help you for sure. I don't know anything about your body type or musculature...but for hypertrophy, 2500 doesn't sound all that far off base.

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
I believe its my macronutrient breakdown. Carbohydrate consumption is normally around 30 grams a day with the majority of that as fiber. This combined with 11 hour/6 day workweeks. Not complaining, I am VERY thankful to have a job its just seems as though it has begun to wear me out.

Honestly without this type of supplementation I would be very hard-pressed to lean out, retain muscle and avoid over-training.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How is your diet? Do you feel good about it? I'm sure that you look fine and it will be good motivation for progress. I think we all feel funny, well most of us, about posting pics.
Jjohn loves to pose :)

Glad to hear you're back in the gym. I stocked up a bit more during the NYE sale because I wanted my staples to last a few months . I guess it didnt really matter because I ended up ordering a bunch of the primordial sale stuff and more uspowders bulks lol.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
20 liver pills a day, I'm having problems swallowing 6 of them..blech!

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
OK, well I have had to alter things a bit nothing as far as my diet/macros. But my training schedule. I have pretty much been put on a Sixty hour work week.

I will be training as follows 4 day split- Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon.

Legs-Fri, Chest-Sat, Back-Sun, Shoulders/Tris/Bis-Mon.

Throughout the week, I will be doing abs and pilates/aerobics videoes at my house. This is very difficult for me,I use to be able to hit it nicely for 6 days a week. Oh well. This being said I will update on Friday, Saturday and Monday and whenever anything significant occurs.

I have been sleeping exceptionally well, crazy dreams but that is too be excpected. I am noticing a slight pick-up in libido.

NoXidant and Liver-tabs have a new home on my staples list.

BTW I have some Toco-8 on the way would anyone object to me throwing it in the log? If so will wait til this one is finished. I did take some pics and will post them at the end of the log when I have some better after pics to place beside them.

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
Last night was legs. Squats were clean, squats were low, squats were good. On the way home from work I was finishing off my Ragnarok, got thirsty stopped off and picked up a bottle of water. With the water in hand I thought hey might as well mix some BCAA/EAA with it. So on the way to the gym I was sipping about an eighth of a serving of Rag and 8 scoops of BCAA/EAA (my workout dose). The taste was pretty good.

The workout- 5 sets squats ATG very nice. I think squatting T.U.T. is very underrated. This tempo combine with a pyramid style sets i.e. 12/11/10/9 works my quads greatly. Towards the end of the third set I could see my quads begining to split it was nice. Granted when I do this I am not using "Big Weight" Still feels nice. Leg press 3x8. On these I go heavier and dont really use the same tempo. Leg curls 3x8 here I raise quickly and lower slowly and on the way down I can really feel the bicep almost cramp :D. At this point in the workout I normally feel spent but today I was rockin and a rollin and sippin. Ok the gym I workout in is full of weightlifters, the "How much ya bench?" sort. So you can imagine the looks I got when I went to abd/add/glute leg raises. Sigh... anyway calves were last and I punish them with an assortment of torture. Overall a great workout.

With this stack I have really begun to feel much better. Yes I have noticed a pump a bit less fatigue and am sure I will see power go up when I get to that phase, but this has really improved my well-being. 1-carbox/TP's Sleep aid/ZMK that stuff is the goods. I believe the 1-carbox and Rpn's banish/Majestic Mud have done wonders with my skin.

Since I have heard no objections I will be adding Toco-8 to this stack.
Tonight is chest....

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
LOL I had to laugh at the bench press crowd. We have those as well, but you know how you want your legs to look and what makes them grow. Besides that half of that crowd never seems to train legs!

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
Well the 14th's chest workout got sidetracked by a surprise v-day dinner/fun-time. So I did chest yesterday. It was nice the gym was empty.

Incline DB- nice here's another one that really feels it with T.U.T, four sets nice and clean. Got a nice pump.

Flat BB- the first set was awesome good, clean smooth. 2nd not so much went up 10 pds and had to drop four reps. My tris just seemed spent blah. This is pretty common though. I normally do Incline BB then flat DB this seem to save my tris a bit. My 3rd set I switched to DBs. This worked out much better, DBs allow me to work my chest by breaking the plane of my chest ALA cambered bar. The last segment of my workout were flys and dips till fatigue.

The aftermath- Today my chest feels worked, oddly though I feel a pump in my biceps. Probably the way that I slept. I will be doing back tonight, will update tommorow. BTW Toco-tastes pretty good.