MC's BetaA9/Intra-Aid Log - Nutriet Timing at its Best!! (Sponsored)

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
MC's BetaA9/Intra-Aid Log - Nutrient Timing at its Best!! (Sponsored)

Ahhhhhh.....at last, my absolutely BRUTAL finals are over, hopefully I passed both so I can be DONE with my Masters! But that is neither here nor there because its time to finally get this log up and running!!

Welcome....
Universal Nutrition's

Intra-Aid/BetaA9

No one doubts the importance of proper diet and nutrition to acheive ones physical goals regardless of whether it be to lose weight or to gain muscle. Over time I began to see how the timing of nutrition also goes a long way into achieving your physical goals. Personally, I have discovered how vital intra-workout nutrition/supplementation is. Post workout nutrition is crucial in the process of recovery. However, I find that intra-workout nutrition is the key to enhancing your performance for the time you do spend working out, allowing one to squeeze maximum effort into each and everyworkout. Intra-workout supplements have done wonders for my strength and endurance in the gym. I've cycled through numerous products in the past including Xtend, Purple Wraath, ICE, Intra-Bolic, and USPLabs Monster Shake. I've had nothing but positive experiences from each, thus it was no surprise how elated and appreciative I was when the gracious guys of UN & Hoomgar chose me to log their tantalizing combo of Intra-Aid/BetaA9.

Last edited:
mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Im hoping to get a nice workout in tonight guys...I am still kind of beat from 6 hours of finals last night, so if I don't get to start Intra-Aid/BetaA9 tonight, I promise my first day will be tomorrow night (Thursday). Lets just hope I have something left in the tank for tonight. :thumbsup:

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Ok, lets do this. I'm in.

Goodluck fellow sponsored logger.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What you getting your masters in?

IMO, intra-workout is arguably the most important part of peri-workout nutrition, so I make the most of it. I thought Intra-aid was the best intra-workout product I've ever tried.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Masters of Taxation....don't ask me why.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Down for the ride. Someone edit this mans title :p

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
So last night was my first night at the gym with Intra-Aid. Unfortunately, I was in such a hurry to get to the gym after work, I forgot to crack open my bottle of BA9, I definitely wont forget next time! It has been a rough week and I CRASHED tonight when I got home, I'm glad I was able to get to the gym last night because I had nothing left in the tank to get to the gym tonight.

Last night was Back/Tricep split. It was good to get to the gym last night, the stress gets put on the backburner while im there.

I put one scoop of Intra-Aid into a shaker bottle prior to leaving the gym. Upon arriving, I filled it 3/4 of the way up with water. A few shakes and it mixed beautifully and to my surprise the taste was actually REALLY good. The closest product profile ive tried in the past would be Intrabolic Apple flavor, and while not bad, its flavor wasnt that great and would continually leave a bad aftertaste. The Blue Raspberry Intra-Aid was delicious. It had the perfect consistency and just the right amount of flavoring, not too sweet, not too whey tasting. I really liked it. I continued to sip on the shake throughout my workout and cardio.

My workout consisted of:
4x Hammer Strength Lateral Pull Downs
3x T-Bar Row
3x Reverse Tricep Cable Pull Down
3x Tricep Rope Pulldown
3x Hammer Strength Row
4x Hammer Strength Tricep Pushdown

25 minutes of Recumbant Bike

Never felt weak or tired throughout the workout. So far my first night with Intra-Aid was a positive one. I can't wait to stack BA9 with it next time.

Next update to come tomorrow on Leg Day!:thumbsup:

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ahh, leg day - the true test of any peri-workout product!

When running a split (very rare for me) I prefer to stick back with tris and chest with bis too. Bis are always to tired from working back to really be able to work them. Same with tris and chest on the same day. Splitting it up like you have it is definitely the better option, IMO. :)

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Nice work MC. Don't forget to load up on your BA9! LOL! Unlike the Intra-Aid you take the BA9 every day. Get it into your system and good things will happen.

Hg

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Ugggggggghh... guys I must have some sort of bug. This past 2 days has sucked big time. :dump: Feel deathly exhausted and major stomach issues. I did manage to get a workout it today & yesterday though. I pushed through because I had been so busy earlier in the week I was unable to get to the gym. I will update on these two workouts in a bit....

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh, ouch. Take it easy - I totally understand you wanting to keep working out, but watch yourself and don't over do it. Taking a couple days off if need be won't hurt you and you're log will still be here when you're feeling better.

Feel better bro... :(

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Oh man, I think I am FINALLY starting to feel slightly better, I still feel way off though. Saturday was leg day. I pretty much had the gym to myself which was really nice. I must have been slacking on legs recently or this illness really did hit me hard because I had a heck of a time throwing up the weight Im use to and I still have DOMS from hell! :nutkick:

Workout:
3x Squats
4x Leg Press
3x Seated Leg Curls
3x Leg Extensions
25 minutes high intensity recumbant bike

I've been remembering to take my daily doses of BetaA9 and only on the first day did I get slight tingles in my hands. I haven't gotten tingles from BA in a while (maybe since the first time I tried Purple Wraath), and I sipped on my delicious intra-aid shake. I'm hoping I can get in some excellent workouts this week, especially since next week is Christmas and all. I gotta go hard this week!

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Nice work MC. Don't forget to load up on your BA9! LOL! Unlike the Intra-Aid you take the BA9 every day. Get it into your system and good things will happen.

Hg
Yes, good things! i love it. Just knowing I have a huge bottle with you guys makes me smile!:D

Get to feeling better!

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Good work considering how you have felt MC. Keep getting better man. Take care of yourself. Up the vitamin C intake!

Hg

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
I'm baaaaaaaaack baby!!!

Yes!!!!!!!! I am back to feeling good!:hammer: I felt absolutley amazing tonight! I haven't had this much energy for quite sometime. I was at the gym what seemed like forever tonight and I could of stayed longer, I had to force myself to call it a night. Ahhhhh, I feel like a million bucks. Its so discouraging when you feel like poo and your workouts are subpar because of it.

I dosed 3 BetaA9 tabs about 30 minutes prior to workout and I sipped on my Intra-Aid throughout the workout. I think I may have added a little too much water to it tonight because it tasted severly diluted, still good, but with a little less water it tastes great!

I had an amazing Chest/Forearm Workout:

3x BB Bench Press
4x Cable X-Over
3x Incline DB Press
3x Incline DB Flyes
2x DB Wrist Curls
2x BB Wrist Curls
2x Grip Master Hammer Strength

25minutes/7 miles High Intensity Recumbant Bike
(I could have gone forever on this, I was absolutely drenched but I had so much energy I didn't want to get off. I had so much stamina tonight it was amazing. Definite change of pace from my past 2 weeks of workouts.)

Man, I am on cloud 9. I feel so good. If only I could replicate this everyday and not be tired. I am definitely liking Intra-Aid better than Intrabolic. Not to mention for $3 less, you get 5 more servings of Intra-Aid vs. Intrabolic. I'm finding the light Protein/Carb intra-workout beverage to be slightly superior to the straight BCAA intraworkout beverage also. I'm finding it does a little something extra for endurance during the workout. I know for myself personally, without consuming something intra-workout, I start feeling depleted during my workout. Maybe some people do not experience this, but I certainly do. This is why I love intra-workout products so much, it allows me to output the same intensity throughout my workout.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I did wrist curls tonight too.

they are a must for me

Mordecai22

Mordecai22

Awards
Nice work! It's always a great feeling when you have workouts like that.

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
I surely need to get my dang forearms in today. wrist curls i will do. Thanks Mr.C. way to do it up!

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
I love working forearms, you get such an intense pump there, feels like they are going to explode!

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Man, I am on cloud 9. I feel so good. If only I could replicate this everyday and not be tired. I am definitely liking Intra-Aid better than Intrabolic. Not to mention for $3 less, you get 5 more servings of Intra-Aid vs. Intrabolic. I'm finding the light Protein/Carb intra-workout beverage to be slightly superior to the straight BCAA intraworkout beverage also. I'm finding it does a little something extra for endurance during the workout. I know for myself personally, without consuming something intra-workout, I start feeling depleted during my workout. Maybe some people do not experience this, but I certainly do. This is why I love intra-workout products so much, it allows me to output the same intensity throughout my workout.
That right there is what it is all about. The extra ability to up the intensity and go harder and longer in there. Great work MC! :thumbsup:

Glad you are back in there and destroying it!

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
It appears that I havee somehow forgotten my last shoulder/bi's workout because last night was Back/Tricep and I know I did a Shoulder/Bicep workout since the last. It must have been one of those days I was feeling deathly ill. I apologize for this guys! It won't happen again, I promise you! :whip:

I have been consistently dosing the BetaA9 3 caps in the am and 3 caps prior to workout per the bottle. I usually mix my shake up after my first exercise. Delicious as usual, I think
I have gotten down the perfect amount of water to mix with it, about 12 oz of water and its good to go.

Workout:
3x Lat Pulldown
3x DB Rows
3x Hammer Strength Row Machine
*I know...I know...I gotta get back into doing my Deadlifts
4x Tricep Hammer Strength Pushdown
3x Reverse Cable Pulldown
3x Rope Pulldowns

25 minutes of Recumbant Bike

I was drenched after my workout tonight. Not quite as much energy as my prior workout, but that's ok because it was still pretty good and I was able to push through it.

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
So you petty much hit back and tris today! Nice job! If you get a chance to do some of those bent over cable rope kickbacks next time they are really nice! Believe it or not I haven't done deadlifts or cleans since college! That's 5 years ago bro! Trully it helps in releasing unbound testosterone and its a great all around leg and back exercise for sure but since I'm gettin older and I've hit weights so hard so long I find that its not really necessery just more of a mind thing! Don't get me wrong, if I could still do them I would but I put so much pressure on my back within 5 years I started to feel it and the older you get the more difficult it is! Just hit it hard and change it up big daddy! Growth will come. Glad your hittin this log with me man!

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you are still firing on all cylinders and I'm glad you got the perfect water combo.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you are still firing on all cylinders and I'm glad you got the perfect water combo.

I sure am B. Last night was another fantastic workout. So much endurance, very comparable to Monday nights workout as it goes for intensity. I've yet to experience any BetaA9 tingles. Is there something wrong with me? Am I doing something wrong? Am I broken? I've been dosing 3 in the am, and 3 prior to workout a long with sipping on Intra-Aid shake during the workout.

Trecep/Bicep Workout:
5x5 Millitary Press
3x BB Curl
3x Rear Delt Cables
3x Incline DB Curls
3x Lateral Raises
3x Preacher Curl
3x Front Plate Raises

25 min Recumbant Bike

Drenched again, but that of course is the greatest feeling to me. Nothing feels as good as getting off that bike after an intense workout like that. So far everything is going great with the log, Im just wondering why I am not feeling much from the BetaA9. You guys have any thoughts?

King Con

Awards
  • Established
You may not be sensitive to the beta... I got 'em like crazy my first workout from just a weak dose... trust me you don't wont the tingles! You could try upping the dose though if you really want to feel 'em...

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
You may not be sensitive to the beta... I got 'em like crazy my first workout from just a weak dose... trust me you don't wont the tingles! You could try upping the dose though if you really want to feel 'em...
x2, you can safely just take more until you find your saturation point.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
I will try 9 today fellas....does it matter what I take with it? Should it be on empty stomach or with foods? Or should I throw caution to the wind and eat 15?!

King Con

Awards
  • Established
I will try 9 today fellas....does it matter what I take with it? Should it be on empty stomach or with foods? Or should I throw caution to the wind and eat 15?!
I wouldn't just pop 15... I would just keep taking 'em with water and so forth as you are taking the others. Add an extra pill to the others or something to that effect.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Ha...I was mostly kidding about the 15...mostly.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Could be..I don't recall where I heard it from.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Big Update!

Hi guys! Sorry I didn't get a chance to post the last 2 workouts, I was just glad I was actually able to get to the gym with holiday stuff and an untimely funeral I had to unfortunately attend yesterday. I continue to have great workouts ever since my bout with mystery illness. I still love the Intra-Aid shake. It is so delicious, non-bloating, and hits the spot during my workouts. BetaA9 I am still not feeling! I tried 5/5 yesterday and still no tingles! Maybe I should just eat 15 after all!

My Sunday workout was a little sporadic and luckily I just put together some lifting equipment in my basement because I would have never been able to get to the gym. Also, I love my early x-mas gift to myself of PowerBlocks. They are awesome!!! Anyways I killed my chest. It was the death of chest day. I did a few exercises before calling hours, and later that evening when I came home I did a few more and some cardio. Woooooooooooo, my chest hasnt been this sore in AGES.

AM:
3x BB Decline Benchpress
3x Incline DB Benchpress
3x Flat Bench DB Flyes

PM:
4x DB Benchpress
3x Cable Flyes
25 minutes cardio on recumbant bike

Yesterday was an excellent workout as well. I made it to the gym and took my time, and killed it on cardio last night.

I worked out Shoulders/Biceps

4x DB Shoulder Press
3x Rear Delt Cable Pulls
4x BB Curl
3x DB Preacher Curl
3x Laterall DB Raises
3x Shrugs
3x Overhead Cable Curls

35 minutes high intensity cardio. Wow, I couldnt believe the stamina I had on this. I havent been able to go that hard that long in a really really really long time.

Should I just keep plugging a long on the BetaA9? Is there anything wrong with keeping up a 5/5 dosing of it everyday? Also Universal Friends, I was wondering if Intra-Aid comes in any other delicious flavors?

Mordecai22

Mordecai22

Awards
Sorry to hear about your loss. Sounds like your killing it though. Keep up the good work.

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Keep hittin bud! I think were all login a little off schedule due to Christmas! I would imagine 4 caps twice a day of the beta ala9 would be good enough so you could stretch it! JM2C! Keep it up!

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
I'm BACK!

The holidays got me kind of screwed up. My normal diet/workout routine got all messed up. I did manage to get to the gym the past 2 days though. Both days were good workouts. There weren't one of my "killer" workouts, yet they still were good and I felt great after finishing up. I've tried taking BetaA9 at 5/5 dosing, still not really feeling "tingles" as of yet, so I may just go back down to recommended dosage on the bottle. Intra-Aid continues to be delicious and hits the spot after each exercise.

Saturday - 12/27
Chest Day: ( I think I am going to cut back and change up my routine. I can't seem to squeeze anymore gains out )

3x BB Flat Bench
4x Cable Crossovers
3x DB Incline Bench
4x Incline Flyes

25 Minutes Cardio

Sunday - 12/28
Back/Tricpes:

4x Hammer Strength Pulldown
3x Lat Pull Down
3x Reverse Cable Tricep Extension
3x Hammer Strength Tricep Pushdown
3x Skull Crushers
3x DB Rows

I'm possibly considering in the near future changing up my routine. I think the split I am running now is becoming stale. I may venture into the world of WestSide soon, or possibly 5x5. Any thoughts on seeing nice increases in weekly bench again?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There're a lot of different things you could do to increase your bench: a cluster set or two can help, or rest-pause sets.
However, if your accustomed to higher rep sets (8+), just doing a 5x5 like you mentioned ought to make a big difference.
Another setxrep scheme I'm particularly fond of is 8x3 - short, intense sets, but there's a lot of them. It's Advanced GVT.

Just some suggestions :)

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
There're a lot of different things you could do to increase your bench: a cluster set or two can help, or rest-pause sets.
However, if your accustomed to higher rep sets (8+), just doing a 5x5 like you mentioned ought to make a big difference.
Another setxrep scheme I'm particularly fond of is 8x3 - short, intense sets, but there's a lot of them. It's Advanced GVT.

Just some suggestions :)

Thanks! What do you mean by cluster set exactly?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
After warming up, load the bar with 90-95% of your 3RM. Perform one rep and "rerack" the bar for 10-15sec. Unrack and perform another rep, then rest again. Do this for 5-6reps and that's one set.

The time in between each rep allows for muscle, nueral and energy recovery such that you are able to perform more higher intensity reps total, just spread out a bit. This is particularly awesome with BA and a good creatine, as they help with ATP production, which plays a large part in the efficacy of cluster sets.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
What worked for me in increasing my bench was re-focusing on form and being sure I was pushing with my pecs and not everything else. Swapping up b/t DBs and BB... Doing lots of INCLINE work then going back to flat. Floor presses... negatives... lock outs... getting stronger tris/delts... etc.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Keep paying your dues bro. It pays off. Sorry to hear about the untimely funeral. Your doing great trying to balance it all man. Hope you have a great new year...

Hg