MC's BetaA9/Intra-Aid Log - Nutriet Timing at its Best!! (Sponsored)

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

1. I had a GREAT workout last night. I had a serious pump going on in the gym, one which is rarely achieved by me under any circumstances. Too bad the pump couldnt be permanent and last outside of the gym. That would be nice. I had a killer Shoulder/Bicep workout. I continued 5/5 with BetaA9 and sipped half of my intra-aid shake during lifting and the other have intra cardio.

Shoulders/Biceps
    4x DB Shoulder Press
    4x Preacher Curl
    3x Laterall Raises
    3x Cable Rear Laterall Extensions
    3x DB Curls
    3x BB Upright Rows
    2x Shrugs

20 minutes recumbant bike

Felt great after my workout. I really felt like I burned up all the energy I had and left nothing when I exited the gym. The next 2 days the gym will be closed so I am going to try to get my workout in at home. Just recently put together a nice little home gym.

2. I would love a home gym - something I'm gonna have to invest in once I'm more permanently settled.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    I would love a home gym - something I'm gonna have to invest in once I'm more permanently settled.

Oh...I've made it so sweet. I've been saving up for a while for it because I know its gonna keep getting harder and harder to make it to the gym with all of life's hassles. I should post up a pic sometime. Its sweeeeeeeeeeet.

4. Guys, Im down in the dumps. My log is going to have to be put on hold and be turned into a "rehab" log when I get it back up. I managed to gash my right hand on the inside. I had to go to the ER on saturday night and get 6 stitches. Sucks bad, I just want to get back to working out! I am getting so antsy already. Anyone know about how long till I'll be able to lift again? Im hoping 2 weeks at the longest and 10 days at the soonest. I think that is being optomistic though.

5. 10 days would be rather short - I'd say 2 to 3 weeks unfortunately. You want that wound to be thoroughly sealed-up before you go putting a lot of pressure on it. As much as it sucks having to wait, it would suck even more to pop your stitches and have to start the healing process all over again.

I'm sorry man. Nothing takes the wind out of your sails like an injury.

***NOW @ NP***
    •   

6. BAH! I know that i probably should wait, but I am so antsy! I've been doing tons of cardio and abs. I get the stitches out in 10 days at least. I probably should wait a lil longer after that, dont want to reinjure then wait even longer to get back to it. The wind definitely is not out of these sales, i will be primed when i get back, will be busting it out even harder. It's only been 2 days and I am already pumped and ready! I'm going to be going all out when I get back!

7. You could just do a buttload of leg workout in the meantime - stuff that doesn't require your hands maybe?

You got the right attitude, definitely. When your hand's better, both your mind and body will be primed and ready for some heavy duty action!

***NOW @ NP***

8. Yeah, im going to try some leg workouts. Even squats would be hard trying to hold the bar with my right hand. Perhaps later in the week when it is healed more. Legs, abs and cardio, all the stuff that was most neglected before will be my main focus now!

9. i could post up a pic of my hand and you guys could tell me what you think! Has anyone else ever had a similar injury? Damn thing, i think it is splitting open further down the laceration past the last stitch! Im keeping it covered and apply neosporin everynight as instructed by the ER. Anything else I can do to speed recovery?

10. I ripped the end of my index finger off when I was in elementary school, but haven't really had any hand incisions since.

If the cut is still coming apart, some butterfly bandages would be a good investment.

Once it has closed up and sealed, I've found that airing a cut out once or twice a day helps things, as long as it's sealed and clean.

I also used super-glue in college to close up a rather deep cut on my foot, but I don't recommend that.

***NOW @ NP***

11. They do sell those liquid bandages now. I could invest in some of those perhaps.

12. Quote Originally Posted by mrchristian View Post
    Yeah, im going to try some leg workouts. Even squats would be hard trying to hold the bar with my right hand. Perhaps later in the week when it is healed more. Legs, abs and cardio, all the stuff that was most neglected before will be my main focus now!

If you have access to a Hack Squat machine bro it would make a great alternative to having to hold that bar in your hand.

13. I think Im going to be able to lift this week!!!!! Woooooohoooo! Im making tremendous healing progress, and the doc gave me the ok as long as I an stand the pain, he said it wont be detremental to the healing!!!!

14. That's great man - Congratulations! You really healed up quick!

***NOW @ NP***

15. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    That's great man - Congratulations! You really healed up quick!
    Well, not really. Its going to take ages for it to close up, but at least i can do things with it. I just wish the damn feeling in my fingers would come back.

16. Ooh, yeah, the feeling could take a while. Nerves are sensitive things...

I actually have nerve damage in my right index finger from ripping the end of it off. It was sewn back on, but things haven't quite felt the same since - somewhat similar to when your foot falls asleep - that's how my finger feels when I push it against something. It's weird.

***NOW @ NP***

17. Quote Originally Posted by mrchristian View Post
    I think Im going to be able to lift this week!!!!! Woooooohoooo! Im making tremendous healing progress, and the doc gave me the ok as long as I an stand the pain, he said it wont be detremental to the healing!!!!
    Great news. Congrats and looking forward to it.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Ooh, yeah, the feeling could take a while. Nerves are sensitive things...

I actually have nerve damage in my right index finger from ripping the end of it off. It was sewn back on, but things haven't quite felt the same since - somewhat similar to when your foot falls asleep - that's how my finger feels when I push it against something. It's weird.

Yes!!! That is exactly how they feel. Similar to when they fall asleep.

19. Yeah, no fun - Did the Dr. say it should go away in time?

***NOW @ NP***

20. 1st Workout Back

Hi guys, I ventured to the gym for the first time since my injury yesterday. I had just been doing some cardio and ab work at home the past several days. It felt really good to be back at the gym. I hate missing, especially for extended periods of time. I lifted legs yesterday, and just did a little "testing" with other weights to see how the hand felt. I think Im going to be able to go a little lighter than normal, but at least I will be lifting. I had a surprisingly good workout, considering it was my first day back in over a week.

Workout:
    4x Leg Press
    3x Calf Raises
    3x Seated Leg Curls
    3x Leg Extensions

25 minutes recumbant bike

I blasted 5 BetaA9 pills preworkout and sipped on Intra-Aid throughout the workout. That shake really hits the spot. I cant believe how much I have left too! Im a bit sore today, but I guess thats what can be expected. I'm going to try chest either tonight or tomorrow night I think. I hope that goes well.

21. If you have to just hit legs harder bro. you will be surprised the gains you can have even in your upper body with just legs. Odd as it may seem i always feel full throughout my whole body when i just do legs. plus you'll gain weight. Unbound test my man!

22. Be cautious with the chest workout, man - take your time.

But I have no doubt you'll do fine none-the-less.

***NOW @ NP***

23. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Be cautious with the chest workout, man - take your time.

But I have no doubt you'll do fine none-the-less.
    x2 on that. Don't rush things back and like Bravo said legs are great in the meantime.

24. Glad that you're back in the gym With my injury I can't do many push/pull, but I'm still squatting and doing 1-armed elliptical

25. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Glad that you're back in the gym With my injury I can't do many push/pull, but I'm still squatting and doing 1-armed elliptical
    Hey Steveoph! Yeah, the injury defininetly stinks. How much longer do you have to go? Its kinda weird, it seems like the more I use my hand, the less numb my fingers feel when Im using them. Its only when I keep them stable that they seem really numb.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 141
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 11:07 AM
  2. Urban Monk's U.N. Intra-AID Log
    By Urban Monk in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 08:23 PM
  3. NEWS: Universal Intra-Aid formula and FAQ's
    By naturalguy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 09-19-2008, 10:53 AM