MC's BetaA9/Intra-Aid Log - Nutriet Timing at its Best!! (Sponsored)

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.54%

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Lotta leg work man, wow. Overhead cable curls? Hmm, haven't heard of those before - I'm guessing you start with the bar overhead and curl down behind the neck? Interesting.

My orders supposed to come today too! I'm stoked - lotsa goodies in that box!

Mine just arrived! I will be up all night capping tonight. Im certain I'm calling them wrong, there not really overhead, theyre where you stand in the middle with the pulley all the way at top, and pull in each side towards your head, ya' know what I mean?

2. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.18%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Yeah! Ok, I know those as "Hercules Curls", but I know exactly what you're talking about. Those are good stuff!

I've never capped anything, actually. Always have intended to pick up a cap'em quick, but haven't gotten around to it yet. It'd be a lot better than just downing the bulks, as I do now. Ugh!
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.54%

Hi Fella's!

I had a pretty decent workout on Saturday night considering everything. This bug I've seemed to have picked up just keeps lingering and wont go away. The hand is still pretty tender, and the shoulder, although doesnt hurt nearly as bad as it did, still has sharp pains in it if I move it a certain way. Boy, after this workout, I was TUCKERED out big time.

I still was unsuccessful at trying to do incline bench press. The shoulder pain was just too much and I didn't by any means want to make it worse.

My workout was pretty decent nonetheless,

4x BB Bench Press
    3x BB Decline Bench Press
    4x Cable Crossovers
    3x DB Flyes

40 minutes/12.5 miles - recumbant bike

I've definitely been noticing a slight decrease in size and strength which is disheartening. I just want to be 100% killing it again!
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Hang on tight brother. Keep taking care of your body and it will mend. Sounds like you may have been a bit more run down than you thought? I hope you kick that bug soon man.

Good on ya getting in there and getting work done where you can despite the set backs.

Hg
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.54%

Yeah, it seems like all these things just hit me this past month, I was making some great progress before this too! Hopefully it means any setbacks will all be out of the way for a while now!
  6. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.18%

It's that time of the year when immune systems have to work their hardest, especially when it's -15 degrees outside!

That doesn't explain your hand, but your persevering. And, like you said, hopefully you're just getting your illnesses and setbacks out of the way for a while.

***NOW @ NP***
  7. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.23%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Gotta agree with the immune system taking a beating. Took some Vit C, salt-water rinse last night and a day off, and I think I just avoided catching something. 2 weeks till I'm supposedly gym worthym but Ill stay away from heavy deads & cleans for probably an extra 2 weeks just to be safe.
  8. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.18%

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Gotta agree with the immune system taking a beating. Took some Vit C, salt-water rinse last night and a day off, and I think I just avoided catching something. 2 weeks till I'm supposedly gym worthym but Ill stay away from heavy deads & cleans for probably an extra 2 weeks just to be safe.
    You broke your finger, correct? Definitely smart to avoid those 2 lifts in that scenario - it's been years since I injured a hand but those movements still cause a flareup of pain now and then.

***NOW @ NP***
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.54%

Thanks for the support everyone. I don't mean to complain, it just sucks seeing the gains you've made from all the hard work you've put in start dwindling away. That's alright, hopefully next week will be a better week and I can kickoff the comeback. I got in a workout last night, but woah did it take a lot out of me. I worked back/triceps, the shoulder didn't bother me on any movements thankfully. I think Cissus might be doing its thing. I've also been experiencing a significant decrease in appetite lately. I am sure this is also contributing to the loss of strength.

Workout:
    4x Hammer Strength Overhead Pull Downs
    3x T Bar Rows
    3x Hammer Strength Seated Row
    3x DB Row

4x Tricep Pushdown
    3x Reverse Tricep Cable Pulldown

25 Minutes on Recumbent Bike

Next week will be a better week. I know it will! Oh, and does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of this nagging cough I have? Its all in the throat and upper chest. I get into some terrible coughing fits. I've started taking extra Vitamin C and have been sucking on Green Tea Cough Drops with Echinicea, I didnt know if anything else could alleviate the cough or speed back getting back to 100%?
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.32%

Try to make one of your extra C doses at bed time bro. It's a big boost to the immune system that way. It is also touted to help test levels as well that way.

Hg
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.86%
    Achievements Posting Pro

You may not like this one to help with the immune system or cough but i will acutally take a shot of sambuca (made in italy). People do take this to help fight viruses across the world. it's a liquore that has a berry in it that's also found in red wine that helps the immune system. my mind went blank just now, but it tastes liquorish and i enjoy takine a shot or two when i'm chillin @ the house instead of pickin up a beer. it's warm when it goes down and it has a sweet after taste. or you can just have a cough drop.
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.54%

Quote Originally Posted by Bravoboy View Post
    You may not like this one to help with the immune system or cough but i will acutally take a shot of sambuca (made in italy). People do take this to help fight viruses across the world. it's a liquore that has a berry in it that's also found in red wine that helps the immune system. my mind went blank just now, but it tastes liquorish and i enjoy takine a shot or two when i'm chillin @ the house instead of pickin up a beer. it's warm when it goes down and it has a sweet after taste. or you can just have a cough drop.

Oh, I've had many a night with Sambuca. I'm Italian, so I know all too well about it.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.86%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mrchristian View Post
    Oh, I've had many a night with Sambuca. I'm Italian, so I know all too well about it.
    It's my favorite man!
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.54%

2 for 1 Special!!!

The 2 for 1 post! You get my workout and days events from Wednesday & yesterday for the price of 1 post!

Wednesday Workout:
    Back/Triceps:

3x Hammer Strength Pulldowns
    3x T-Bar Row
    3x DB Row
    3x Hammer Strength Upper Back Machine
    3x Tricep Pushdown
    3x Reverse Cable Tricep Extension

25 Minutes Recumbent Bike

My workout was YUCK. I did not feel good at all. I dont know how I actually made through all of that, there were various points where I felt so light headed I thought I was going to pass out. I LOATHE that feeling in the gym, it's almost futile trying to push through it and stay at the gym at the point. Maybe I didn't have enough to eat that day or maybe I just had limited my carbs too much, whatever the case, I was on empty after the first set. Not even 2 Scoops of Intra-Aid could save me this night. I drank the Intra-Aid more quickly than I normally would, but it was to no avail, I was still really weak.

Thursday Workout:
    Shoulders/Triceps:

3x DB Millitary Press
    3x Lateral Raises
    4x Cable Upright Rows
    4x Cable Rear Lateral Raises
    3x Hammer Strength Shoulder Press
    4x Preacher Curl
    3x High Cable Curls
    1x BB Curl

25 Minutes of Recumbent Bike

Wow, what a difference from Wednesday night. That was the first good workout I've had in a while, hopefully this is what they'll be like from now on. The hand is almost all healed, the only pain I really experienced was on Preacher Curls. The shoulder is 100% better. I can't believe it. I've never had the opportunity to try Animal Flex, but SuperCissus works miracles. In 3 days I went from EXTREME shooting pain just trying to put on my jacket to being able to lift Shoulders at 100% effort with ZERO pain. Cardio felt good, I had good energy to go hard the whole time. I am sad, Intra-Aid and BetaA9 is running low. I tried something different this night, I actually did use 2 scoops of Intra-Aid in my Intra workout shake, I did feel a slight bit more endurance, is there anything wrong with dosing 2 scoops intraworkout? Just curious, I wouldnt think there would be a problem with that, but let me know if I am wrong. It's shaping up to be a good weekend. I am going to attempt to do Chest tonight. Also, this Saturday I go to battle with the bathroom faucet that set me back so much. This time, I will be victorious!!!
  15. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.18%

I can't believe it. I've never had the opportunity to try Animal Flex, but SuperCissus works miracles. In 3 days I went from EXTREME shooting pain just trying to put on my jacket to being able to lift Shoulders at 100% effort with ZERO pain.
    Wow, dude, that's cool. I've never used Cissus at all, but that's definitely something to keep in mind.

As for the 2scoops of IA - for a bigger guy like you or I, I'd honestly say it'd be even better than 1. I mean, I take 20g EAA pre workout and 25g BCAA intra right now; IA at 2scoops gives like 16g EAA plus 16g Hydrolysate, right? 2scoops is a way more comparable dose of muscle fuel, IMO.

***NOW @ NP***
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.54%

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh, this economy is making me so sick. I have to stop listening to CNBC all day long.

Saturday - Chest
    Not much to report here. I wasnt it the groove. I was able to get through my chest workout, but bypassed cardio which is odd for me. Cardio is almost always a stable for me.

4x BB Bench Press
    3x DB Incline Press
    4x Cable Crossover
    3x Incline DB Flyes

Sunday - Legs
    Ahhhhh, a much better workout that the day before. I was feeling pretty strong on legs today, and my stamina was significantly greater than the day before. I had a really good workout.

4x Leg Press
    3x Lying Leg Curls
    3x Leg Extensions
    3x Seated Leg Curls
    3x Calf Raises

25 minutes Recumbent Bike

Wooooooohoooooo, I refinance my mortgage tonight, hopefully I have time to bust out Shoulders/Bi's tonight!!
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.86%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Sucks when youre body just isn't motivated bro. I've just gotten done with my 1st week of MMv2 and now i'm upping the dose and throwing in the Havoc. I worked out @ 4:30 this morning and felt like a king. I'll get the thread up within 2 days "PROMISE" Keep it up man. I've been losin some fat on the stairmaster before my workouts. i enjoy it for the sweat and calve work. I took my last dose of Intra-Aid this morning too! Sad day.
    KEEP IT UP MAN.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.62%

Watching CNBC all day will depress/demotivate anyone Still a good day in there nonetheless MC.
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.54%

Monday 1/26 & Tuesday 1/27

Shoulders/Bi's (Monday)

4x DB Shoulder Press
    3x Laterall Raises
    4x Rear Lateral Cable Raises
    3x Cable Upright Rows
    3x Preacher Curls
    3x Incline DB Curls

Chest (Tuesday)

3x BB Bench Press
    3x Incline DB Press
    4x DB Flyes
    4x Cable Flyes

45 Minutes Recumbent Bike

I think 2 scoops of Intra-Aid is the sweet spot for me, it really helps during the workout, especially midway and after cardio. Sadly, it is almost gone, only a few workouts left with my beloved Intra-Aid .
    My workouts have been pretty stable as of late. I really need to do something to increase my bench though. I havent seen gains in a while. Perhaps my triceps need more work or something. Has anyone ever heard of the Tennessee Bench Workout? My buddy sent it to me. Claims its good. Just wondering if any of you guys have ever heard of it. Also, I still have yet to feel BetaA9 tingles yet. Let me tell you this though, a few workouts ago I accidentally took my morning and preworkout dose preworkout, so 10 pills total. BAD MOVE! I felt so light headed I thought I was going to faint, even at this amount still no tingles though, maybe I am immuned to them.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.86%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Shoulders/Bi's (Monday)

4x DB Shoulder Press
    3x Laterall Raises
    4x Rear Lateral Cable Raises
    3x Cable Upright Rows
    3x Preacher Curls
    3x Incline DB Curls

Chest (Tuesday)

3x BB Bench Press
    3x Incline DB Press
    4x DB Flyes
    4x Cable Flyes

45 Minutes Recumbent Bike

I think 2 scoops of Intra-Aid is the sweet spot for me, it really helps during the workout, especially midway and after cardio. Sadly, it is almost gone, only a few workouts left with my beloved Intra-Aid .
    My workouts have been pretty stable as of late. I really need to do something to increase my bench though. I havent seen gains in a while. Perhaps my triceps need more work or something. Has anyone ever heard of the Tennessee Bench Workout? My buddy sent it to me. Claims its good. Just wondering if any of you guys have ever heard of it. Also, I still have yet to feel BetaA9 tingles yet. Let me tell you this though, a few workouts ago I accidentally took my morning and preworkout dose preworkout, so 10 pills total. BAD MOVE! I felt so light headed I thought I was going to faint, even at this amount still no tingles though, maybe I am immuned to them.
    Getting in a rut on your chest can be a pain in the ass! I would change it up some bro. Go heavier with fewer reps and throw in some weighted dips as well. If you're use to jumping on flat bench first try doing some DB work before and breaking them down really good. Throw down some more calories and you'll grow. you probably just need a change in routine. if you have a partner some negative reps would be great!
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.32%

Thumbs up

Looks like you are starting to make a good come back here MC. 2 scoops is what I use too. Love that stuff! I drink a lot in the gym anyway so it just works for me.

I always say that they should put a sad frawny face on the inside bottom of the tub of IA for when you pull out the last scoop. And the 800 number to order more LOL!

I've been off BA9 and IA for some time now. Just getting ready to fire some back up. Glad you got to try this stuff out and see what it can do for you bro. It's good to hear that you are coming around again. 100% good health for you homie...

Hg
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.54%

Thanks buddy. I LOVE Intra-Aid. Are you guys going to come out with any other flavors? Perhaps a raspberry or a black cherry, or here is an idea that I really like, perhaps like a mocha flavored one that is lightly caffeinated!
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.32%

Thanks buddy. I LOVE Intra-Aid. Are you guys going to come out with any other flavors? Perhaps a raspberry or a black cherry, or here is an idea that I really like, perhaps like a mocha flavored one that is lightly caffeinated!

Right now the new flavor focus is on other products with IA being new itself but you know full well that down the road they will most likely be adding new flavors to it.

Now I'm craving with all this talk
  24. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.18%

Quote Originally Posted by Bravoboy View Post
    Getting in a rut on your chest can be a pain in the ass! I would change it up some bro. Go heavier with fewer reps and throw in some weighted dips as well. If you're use to jumping on flat bench first try doing some DB work before and breaking them down really good. Throw down some more calories and you'll grow. you probably just need a change in routine. if you have a partner some negative reps would be great!
    I absolutely love weighted dips. Honestly, I could squat, dead, chin and dip forever and be content with my lift selection.

***NOW @ NP***
  25. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.54%

~The Final 2~

Sorry Guys, I've been meaning to post up my final 2 workouts with Intra-Aid and my final review of the products for the past couple days, but I've been lucky to even get to the gym I've been so busy!

Back/Tri's:
    3x Hammer Strength Pulldown
    3x Cable Lat Pulldown
    3x BB Rows
    3x DB Rows
    3x Reverse Cable Pulldowns
    4x Tricep Hammerstrength Pushdowns
    4x Overhead Rope Extensions
    2x Skull Crushers

25 minutes Cardio

Leg's:
    4x Leg Press
    3x Squats
    3x Seated Leg Curls
    3x Calf Raises
    3x Leg Extensions

25 minutes Cardio

FINAL REVIEW:
    First, I want to thank Universal Nutrition with allowing me to run this log for them. I had a few hiccups a long the way (destroying my hand) but in the end, it was an excellent run. I never truely felt felt the BetaA9, no matter how I dosed, I never experienced any "tingles", that's not to say that I didn't receive plenty of benefits from it. The ingrediant profile itself is superb, and a majority of the time I experienced excellent workouts with PLENTY of endurance. What can I say about INTRA-AID except that I LOVED IT. It is the perfect blend for my intraworkout nutrition needs. I don't see many individuals at the gym consuming some sort of intraworkout drink, more people have to realize the amazing benefits of intraworkout nutrition. Not only was Intra-Aid excellent fuel, its mixability and taste was far superior to many other similar products I have utilized. I'm pumped to try the new flavors you guys are going to begin releasing. Im sure they will be a treat! The sweet spot with Intra-Aid for me was 2 scoops, Im sure this varies based on the individual so its best to do a little experimenting. I am soooo jealous of the guys that get picked to run your new Citrus flavor. I would LOVE to test that out to compare to the Blue Raz, I might just have to place an order for it in the future when Nutra gets it. Thank you again to everyone that followed my log too, I really appreciate the encouragement and good advice.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.32%

Thumbs up

You pushed through the adversity of life during this one MC. Good work and good review bro.

Hg
  27. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.18%

...And so MrChristian joins the Intra-Aid cult...

...welcome, do not be afraid

***NOW @ NP***
  28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.54%

I want to try that Citrus flavor!!!!!

Similar Forum Threads

1. LG Pre - N.O. - Intra goodies (Sponsored)
    By EMARTIN in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 12-05-2010, 08:40 PM
  2. Replies: 141
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 10:07 AM
  3. Toyin' with Intra-Aid & Beta-Ala9 (sponsored)
    By TOYFORDOLET in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 11:34 AM
  4. (Sponsored ) Smeton put's Universal's Intra-aid to the test
    By John Smeton in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 11-22-2008, 02:34 AM
  5. My new gym buddy... INTRA-AID! (SPONSORED)
    By jonnyjames in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 09:34 PM