MC's BetaA9/Intra-Aid Log - Nutriet Timing at its Best!! (Sponsored)

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. So you petty much hit back and tris today! Nice job! If you get a chance to do some of those bent over cable rope kickbacks next time they are really nice! Believe it or not I haven't done deadlifts or cleans since college! That's 5 years ago bro! Trully it helps in releasing unbound testosterone and its a great all around leg and back exercise for sure but since I'm gettin older and I've hit weights so hard so long I find that its not really necessery just more of a mind thing! Don't get me wrong, if I could still do them I would but I put so much pressure on my back within 5 years I started to feel it and the older you get the more difficult it is! Just hit it hard and change it up big daddy! Growth will come. Glad your hittin this log with me man!

2. Sounds like you are still firing on all cylinders and I'm glad you got the perfect water combo.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by B Con View Post
    Sounds like you are still firing on all cylinders and I'm glad you got the perfect water combo.

I sure am B. Last night was another fantastic workout. So much endurance, very comparable to Monday nights workout as it goes for intensity. I've yet to experience any BetaA9 tingles. Is there something wrong with me? Am I doing something wrong? Am I broken? I've been dosing 3 in the am, and 3 prior to workout a long with sipping on Intra-Aid shake during the workout.

Trecep/Bicep Workout:
    5x5 Millitary Press
    3x BB Curl
    3x Rear Delt Cables
    3x Incline DB Curls
    3x Lateral Raises
    3x Preacher Curl
    3x Front Plate Raises

25 min Recumbant Bike

Drenched again, but that of course is the greatest feeling to me. Nothing feels as good as getting off that bike after an intense workout like that. So far everything is going great with the log, Im just wondering why I am not feeling much from the BetaA9. You guys have any thoughts?

4. You may not be sensitive to the beta... I got 'em like crazy my first workout from just a weak dose... trust me you don't wont the tingles! You could try upping the dose though if you really want to feel 'em...

5. Quote Originally Posted by B Con View Post
    You may not be sensitive to the beta... I got 'em like crazy my first workout from just a weak dose... trust me you don't wont the tingles! You could try upping the dose though if you really want to feel 'em...
    x2, you can safely just take more until you find your saturation point.
    •   

6. I will try 9 today fellas....does it matter what I take with it? Should it be on empty stomach or with foods? Or should I throw caution to the wind and eat 15?!

7. Quote Originally Posted by mrchristian View Post
    I will try 9 today fellas....does it matter what I take with it? Should it be on empty stomach or with foods? Or should I throw caution to the wind and eat 15?!
    I wouldn't just pop 15... I would just keep taking 'em with water and so forth as you are taking the others. Add an extra pill to the others or something to that effect.

8. Ha...I was mostly kidding about the 15...mostly.

9. Quote Originally Posted by mrchristian View Post
    Ha...I was mostly kidding about the 15...mostly.

LOL! Like B said, add a few each day until you find your saturation point. It is most likely only a gelcap or 2 more away.

10. Quote Originally Posted by mrchristian View Post
    Ha...I was mostly kidding about the 15...mostly.
    where have I heard that mostly before? Southpark?

11. Could be..I don't recall where I heard it from.
  12. Big Update!

Hi guys! Sorry I didn't get a chance to post the last 2 workouts, I was just glad I was actually able to get to the gym with holiday stuff and an untimely funeral I had to unfortunately attend yesterday. I continue to have great workouts ever since my bout with mystery illness. I still love the Intra-Aid shake. It is so delicious, non-bloating, and hits the spot during my workouts. BetaA9 I am still not feeling! I tried 5/5 yesterday and still no tingles! Maybe I should just eat 15 after all!

My Sunday workout was a little sporadic and luckily I just put together some lifting equipment in my basement because I would have never been able to get to the gym. Also, I love my early x-mas gift to myself of PowerBlocks. They are awesome!!! Anyways I killed my chest. It was the death of chest day. I did a few exercises before calling hours, and later that evening when I came home I did a few more and some cardio. Woooooooooooo, my chest hasnt been this sore in AGES.

AM:
    3x BB Decline Benchpress
    3x Incline DB Benchpress
    3x Flat Bench DB Flyes

PM:
    4x DB Benchpress
    3x Cable Flyes
    25 minutes cardio on recumbant bike

Yesterday was an excellent workout as well. I made it to the gym and took my time, and killed it on cardio last night.

I worked out Shoulders/Biceps

4x DB Shoulder Press
    3x Rear Delt Cable Pulls
    4x BB Curl
    3x DB Preacher Curl
    3x Laterall DB Raises
    3x Shrugs
    3x Overhead Cable Curls

35 minutes high intensity cardio. Wow, I couldnt believe the stamina I had on this. I havent been able to go that hard that long in a really really really long time.

Should I just keep plugging a long on the BetaA9? Is there anything wrong with keeping up a 5/5 dosing of it everyday? Also Universal Friends, I was wondering if Intra-Aid comes in any other delicious flavors?

13. Sorry to hear about your loss. Sounds like your killing it though. Keep up the good work.

14. Keep hittin bud! I think were all login a little off schedule due to Christmas! I would imagine 4 caps twice a day of the beta ala9 would be good enough so you could stretch it! JM2C! Keep it up!
  15. I'm BACK!

The holidays got me kind of screwed up. My normal diet/workout routine got all messed up. I did manage to get to the gym the past 2 days though. Both days were good workouts. There weren't one of my "killer" workouts, yet they still were good and I felt great after finishing up. I've tried taking BetaA9 at 5/5 dosing, still not really feeling "tingles" as of yet, so I may just go back down to recommended dosage on the bottle. Intra-Aid continues to be delicious and hits the spot after each exercise.

Saturday - 12/27
    Chest Day: ( I think I am going to cut back and change up my routine. I can't seem to squeeze anymore gains out )

3x BB Flat Bench
    4x Cable Crossovers
    3x DB Incline Bench
    4x Incline Flyes

25 Minutes Cardio

Sunday - 12/28
    Back/Tricpes:

4x Hammer Strength Pulldown
    3x Lat Pull Down
    3x Reverse Cable Tricep Extension
    3x Hammer Strength Tricep Pushdown
    3x Skull Crushers
    3x DB Rows

I'm possibly considering in the near future changing up my routine. I think the split I am running now is becoming stale. I may venture into the world of WestSide soon, or possibly 5x5. Any thoughts on seeing nice increases in weekly bench again?

16. There're a lot of different things you could do to increase your bench: a cluster set or two can help, or rest-pause sets.
    However, if your accustomed to higher rep sets (8+), just doing a 5x5 like you mentioned ought to make a big difference.
    Another setxrep scheme I'm particularly fond of is 8x3 - short, intense sets, but there's a lot of them. It's Advanced GVT.

Just some suggestions
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***

17. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    There're a lot of different things you could do to increase your bench: a cluster set or two can help, or rest-pause sets.
    However, if your accustomed to higher rep sets (8+), just doing a 5x5 like you mentioned ought to make a big difference.
    Another setxrep scheme I'm particularly fond of is 8x3 - short, intense sets, but there's a lot of them. It's Advanced GVT.

Just some suggestions

Thanks! What do you mean by cluster set exactly?

18. After warming up, load the bar with 90-95% of your 3RM. Perform one rep and "rerack" the bar for 10-15sec. Unrack and perform another rep, then rest again. Do this for 5-6reps and that's one set.

The time in between each rep allows for muscle, nueral and energy recovery such that you are able to perform more higher intensity reps total, just spread out a bit. This is particularly awesome with BA and a good creatine, as they help with ATP production, which plays a large part in the efficacy of cluster sets.

***NOW @ NP***

19. What worked for me in increasing my bench was re-focusing on form and being sure I was pushing with my pecs and not everything else. Swapping up b/t DBs and BB... Doing lots of INCLINE work then going back to flat. Floor presses... negatives... lock outs... getting stronger tris/delts... etc.

20. Keep paying your dues bro. It pays off. Sorry to hear about the untimely funeral. Your doing great trying to balance it all man. Hope you have a great new year...

Hg

21. I had a GREAT workout last night. I had a serious pump going on in the gym, one which is rarely achieved by me under any circumstances. Too bad the pump couldnt be permanent and last outside of the gym. That would be nice. I had a killer Shoulder/Bicep workout. I continued 5/5 with BetaA9 and sipped half of my intra-aid shake during lifting and the other have intra cardio.

Shoulders/Biceps
    4x DB Shoulder Press
    4x Preacher Curl
    3x Laterall Raises
    3x Cable Rear Laterall Extensions
    3x DB Curls
    3x BB Upright Rows
    2x Shrugs

20 minutes recumbant bike

Felt great after my workout. I really felt like I burned up all the energy I had and left nothing when I exited the gym. The next 2 days the gym will be closed so I am going to try to get my workout in at home. Just recently put together a nice little home gym.

22. I would love a home gym - something I'm gonna have to invest in once I'm more permanently settled.

***NOW @ NP***

23. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    I would love a home gym - something I'm gonna have to invest in once I'm more permanently settled.

Oh...I've made it so sweet. I've been saving up for a while for it because I know its gonna keep getting harder and harder to make it to the gym with all of life's hassles. I should post up a pic sometime. Its sweeeeeeeeeeet.

24. Guys, Im down in the dumps. My log is going to have to be put on hold and be turned into a "rehab" log when I get it back up. I managed to gash my right hand on the inside. I had to go to the ER on saturday night and get 6 stitches. Sucks bad, I just want to get back to working out! I am getting so antsy already. Anyone know about how long till I'll be able to lift again? Im hoping 2 weeks at the longest and 10 days at the soonest. I think that is being optomistic though.

25. 10 days would be rather short - I'd say 2 to 3 weeks unfortunately. You want that wound to be thoroughly sealed-up before you go putting a lot of pressure on it. As much as it sucks having to wait, it would suck even more to pop your stitches and have to start the healing process all over again.

I'm sorry man. Nothing takes the wind out of your sails like an injury.

***NOW @ NP***

26. BAH! I know that i probably should wait, but I am so antsy! I've been doing tons of cardio and abs. I get the stitches out in 10 days at least. I probably should wait a lil longer after that, dont want to reinjure then wait even longer to get back to it. The wind definitely is not out of these sales, i will be primed when i get back, will be busting it out even harder. It's only been 2 days and I am already pumped and ready! I'm going to be going all out when I get back!

27. You could just do a buttload of leg workout in the meantime - stuff that doesn't require your hands maybe?

You got the right attitude, definitely. When your hand's better, both your mind and body will be primed and ready for some heavy duty action!

***NOW @ NP***

28. Yeah, im going to try some leg workouts. Even squats would be hard trying to hold the bar with my right hand. Perhaps later in the week when it is healed more. Legs, abs and cardio, all the stuff that was most neglected before will be my main focus now!

29. i could post up a pic of my hand and you guys could tell me what you think! Has anyone else ever had a similar injury? Damn thing, i think it is splitting open further down the laceration past the last stitch! Im keeping it covered and apply neosporin everynight as instructed by the ER. Anything else I can do to speed recovery?

30. I ripped the end of my index finger off when I was in elementary school, but haven't really had any hand incisions since.

If the cut is still coming apart, some butterfly bandages would be a good investment.

Once it has closed up and sealed, I've found that airing a cut out once or twice a day helps things, as long as it's sealed and clean.

I also used super-glue in college to close up a rather deep cut on my foot, but I don't recommend that.

***NOW @ NP***
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. LG Pre - N.O. - Intra goodies (Sponsored)
    By EMARTIN in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 12-05-2010, 08:40 PM
  2. Replies: 141
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 10:07 AM
  3. Toyin' with Intra-Aid & Beta-Ala9 (sponsored)
    By TOYFORDOLET in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 11:34 AM
  4. (Sponsored ) Smeton put's Universal's Intra-aid to the test
    By John Smeton in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 11-22-2008, 02:34 AM
  5. My new gym buddy... INTRA-AID! (SPONSORED)
    By jonnyjames in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 09:34 PM