MC's BetaA9/Intra-Aid Log - Nutriet Timing at its Best!! (Sponsored)

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.63%

Could be..I don't recall where I heard it from.

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.63%

Big Update!

Hi guys! Sorry I didn't get a chance to post the last 2 workouts, I was just glad I was actually able to get to the gym with holiday stuff and an untimely funeral I had to unfortunately attend yesterday. I continue to have great workouts ever since my bout with mystery illness. I still love the Intra-Aid shake. It is so delicious, non-bloating, and hits the spot during my workouts. BetaA9 I am still not feeling! I tried 5/5 yesterday and still no tingles! Maybe I should just eat 15 after all!

My Sunday workout was a little sporadic and luckily I just put together some lifting equipment in my basement because I would have never been able to get to the gym. Also, I love my early x-mas gift to myself of PowerBlocks. They are awesome!!! Anyways I killed my chest. It was the death of chest day. I did a few exercises before calling hours, and later that evening when I came home I did a few more and some cardio. Woooooooooooo, my chest hasnt been this sore in AGES.

AM:
    3x BB Decline Benchpress
    3x Incline DB Benchpress
    3x Flat Bench DB Flyes

PM:
    4x DB Benchpress
    3x Cable Flyes
    25 minutes cardio on recumbant bike

Yesterday was an excellent workout as well. I made it to the gym and took my time, and killed it on cardio last night.

I worked out Shoulders/Biceps

4x DB Shoulder Press
    3x Rear Delt Cable Pulls
    4x BB Curl
    3x DB Preacher Curl
    3x Laterall DB Raises
    3x Shrugs
    3x Overhead Cable Curls

35 minutes high intensity cardio. Wow, I couldnt believe the stamina I had on this. I havent been able to go that hard that long in a really really really long time.

Should I just keep plugging a long on the BetaA9? Is there anything wrong with keeping up a 5/5 dosing of it everyday? Also Universal Friends, I was wondering if Intra-Aid comes in any other delicious flavors?
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  207 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.73%

Sorry to hear about your loss. Sounds like your killing it though. Keep up the good work.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.22%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Keep hittin bud! I think were all login a little off schedule due to Christmas! I would imagine 4 caps twice a day of the beta ala9 would be good enough so you could stretch it! JM2C! Keep it up!
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.63%

I'm BACK!

The holidays got me kind of screwed up. My normal diet/workout routine got all messed up. I did manage to get to the gym the past 2 days though. Both days were good workouts. There weren't one of my "killer" workouts, yet they still were good and I felt great after finishing up. I've tried taking BetaA9 at 5/5 dosing, still not really feeling "tingles" as of yet, so I may just go back down to recommended dosage on the bottle. Intra-Aid continues to be delicious and hits the spot after each exercise.

Saturday - 12/27
    Chest Day: ( I think I am going to cut back and change up my routine. I can't seem to squeeze anymore gains out )

3x BB Flat Bench
    4x Cable Crossovers
    3x DB Incline Bench
    4x Incline Flyes

25 Minutes Cardio

Sunday - 12/28
    Back/Tricpes:

4x Hammer Strength Pulldown
    3x Lat Pull Down
    3x Reverse Cable Tricep Extension
    3x Hammer Strength Tricep Pushdown
    3x Skull Crushers
    3x DB Rows

I'm possibly considering in the near future changing up my routine. I think the split I am running now is becoming stale. I may venture into the world of WestSide soon, or possibly 5x5. Any thoughts on seeing nice increases in weekly bench again?
  6. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.42%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

There're a lot of different things you could do to increase your bench: a cluster set or two can help, or rest-pause sets.
    However, if your accustomed to higher rep sets (8+), just doing a 5x5 like you mentioned ought to make a big difference.
    Another setxrep scheme I'm particularly fond of is 8x3 - short, intense sets, but there's a lot of them. It's Advanced GVT.

Just some suggestions
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.63%

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    There're a lot of different things you could do to increase your bench: a cluster set or two can help, or rest-pause sets.
    However, if your accustomed to higher rep sets (8+), just doing a 5x5 like you mentioned ought to make a big difference.
    Another setxrep scheme I'm particularly fond of is 8x3 - short, intense sets, but there's a lot of them. It's Advanced GVT.

Just some suggestions

Thanks! What do you mean by cluster set exactly?
  8. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.42%

After warming up, load the bar with 90-95% of your 3RM. Perform one rep and "rerack" the bar for 10-15sec. Unrack and perform another rep, then rest again. Do this for 5-6reps and that's one set.

The time in between each rep allows for muscle, nueral and energy recovery such that you are able to perform more higher intensity reps total, just spread out a bit. This is particularly awesome with BA and a good creatine, as they help with ATP production, which plays a large part in the efficacy of cluster sets.

***NOW @ NP***
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

What worked for me in increasing my bench was re-focusing on form and being sure I was pushing with my pecs and not everything else. Swapping up b/t DBs and BB... Doing lots of INCLINE work then going back to flat. Floor presses... negatives... lock outs... getting stronger tris/delts... etc.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.89%

Keep paying your dues bro. It pays off. Sorry to hear about the untimely funeral. Your doing great trying to balance it all man. Hope you have a great new year...

Hg
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.63%

I had a GREAT workout last night. I had a serious pump going on in the gym, one which is rarely achieved by me under any circumstances. Too bad the pump couldnt be permanent and last outside of the gym. That would be nice. I had a killer Shoulder/Bicep workout. I continued 5/5 with BetaA9 and sipped half of my intra-aid shake during lifting and the other have intra cardio.

Shoulders/Biceps
    4x DB Shoulder Press
    4x Preacher Curl
    3x Laterall Raises
    3x Cable Rear Laterall Extensions
    3x DB Curls
    3x BB Upright Rows
    2x Shrugs

20 minutes recumbant bike

Felt great after my workout. I really felt like I burned up all the energy I had and left nothing when I exited the gym. The next 2 days the gym will be closed so I am going to try to get my workout in at home. Just recently put together a nice little home gym.
  12. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.42%

I would love a home gym - something I'm gonna have to invest in once I'm more permanently settled.

***NOW @ NP***
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.63%

I would love a home gym - something I'm gonna have to invest in once I'm more permanently settled.

Oh...I've made it so sweet. I've been saving up for a while for it because I know its gonna keep getting harder and harder to make it to the gym with all of life's hassles. I should post up a pic sometime. Its sweeeeeeeeeeet.
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.63%

Guys, Im down in the dumps. My log is going to have to be put on hold and be turned into a "rehab" log when I get it back up. I managed to gash my right hand on the inside. I had to go to the ER on saturday night and get 6 stitches. Sucks bad, I just want to get back to working out! I am getting so antsy already. Anyone know about how long till I'll be able to lift again? Im hoping 2 weeks at the longest and 10 days at the soonest. I think that is being optomistic though.
  15. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.42%

10 days would be rather short - I'd say 2 to 3 weeks unfortunately. You want that wound to be thoroughly sealed-up before you go putting a lot of pressure on it. As much as it sucks having to wait, it would suck even more to pop your stitches and have to start the healing process all over again.

I'm sorry man. Nothing takes the wind out of your sails like an injury.

***NOW @ NP***
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.63%

BAH! I know that i probably should wait, but I am so antsy! I've been doing tons of cardio and abs. I get the stitches out in 10 days at least. I probably should wait a lil longer after that, dont want to reinjure then wait even longer to get back to it. The wind definitely is not out of these sales, i will be primed when i get back, will be busting it out even harder. It's only been 2 days and I am already pumped and ready! I'm going to be going all out when I get back!
  17. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.42%

You could just do a buttload of leg workout in the meantime - stuff that doesn't require your hands maybe?

You got the right attitude, definitely. When your hand's better, both your mind and body will be primed and ready for some heavy duty action!

***NOW @ NP***
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.63%

Yeah, im going to try some leg workouts. Even squats would be hard trying to hold the bar with my right hand. Perhaps later in the week when it is healed more. Legs, abs and cardio, all the stuff that was most neglected before will be my main focus now!
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.63%

i could post up a pic of my hand and you guys could tell me what you think! Has anyone else ever had a similar injury? Damn thing, i think it is splitting open further down the laceration past the last stitch! Im keeping it covered and apply neosporin everynight as instructed by the ER. Anything else I can do to speed recovery?
  20. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.42%

I ripped the end of my index finger off when I was in elementary school, but haven't really had any hand incisions since.

If the cut is still coming apart, some butterfly bandages would be a good investment.

Once it has closed up and sealed, I've found that airing a cut out once or twice a day helps things, as long as it's sealed and clean.

I also used super-glue in college to close up a rather deep cut on my foot, but I don't recommend that.

***NOW @ NP***
  21. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.63%

They do sell those liquid bandages now. I could invest in some of those perhaps.
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.89%

Quote Originally Posted by mrchristian View Post
    Yeah, im going to try some leg workouts. Even squats would be hard trying to hold the bar with my right hand. Perhaps later in the week when it is healed more. Legs, abs and cardio, all the stuff that was most neglected before will be my main focus now!

If you have access to a Hack Squat machine bro it would make a great alternative to having to hold that bar in your hand.
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.63%

I think Im going to be able to lift this week!!!!! Woooooohoooo! Im making tremendous healing progress, and the doc gave me the ok as long as I an stand the pain, he said it wont be detremental to the healing!!!!
  24. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.42%

That's great man - Congratulations! You really healed up quick!

***NOW @ NP***
  25. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.63%

That's great man - Congratulations! You really healed up quick!
    Well, not really. Its going to take ages for it to close up, but at least i can do things with it. I just wish the damn feeling in my fingers would come back.
  26. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.42%

Ooh, yeah, the feeling could take a while. Nerves are sensitive things...

I actually have nerve damage in my right index finger from ripping the end of it off. It was sewn back on, but things haven't quite felt the same since - somewhat similar to when your foot falls asleep - that's how my finger feels when I push it against something. It's weird.

***NOW @ NP***
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.33%

Quote Originally Posted by mrchristian View Post
    I think Im going to be able to lift this week!!!!! Woooooohoooo! Im making tremendous healing progress, and the doc gave me the ok as long as I an stand the pain, he said it wont be detremental to the healing!!!!
    Great news. Congrats and looking forward to it.
  28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.63%

Ooh, yeah, the feeling could take a while. Nerves are sensitive things...

I actually have nerve damage in my right index finger from ripping the end of it off. It was sewn back on, but things haven't quite felt the same since - somewhat similar to when your foot falls asleep - that's how my finger feels when I push it against something. It's weird.

Yes!!! That is exactly how they feel. Similar to when they fall asleep.
  29. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.42%

Yeah, no fun - Did the Dr. say it should go away in time?

***NOW @ NP***
  30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.63%

1st Workout Back

Hi guys, I ventured to the gym for the first time since my injury yesterday. I had just been doing some cardio and ab work at home the past several days. It felt really good to be back at the gym. I hate missing, especially for extended periods of time. I lifted legs yesterday, and just did a little "testing" with other weights to see how the hand felt. I think Im going to be able to go a little lighter than normal, but at least I will be lifting. I had a surprisingly good workout, considering it was my first day back in over a week.

Workout:
    4x Leg Press
    3x Calf Raises
    3x Seated Leg Curls
    3x Leg Extensions

25 minutes recumbant bike

I blasted 5 BetaA9 pills preworkout and sipped on Intra-Aid throughout the workout. That shake really hits the spot. I cant believe how much I have left too! Im a bit sore today, but I guess thats what can be expected. I'm going to try chest either tonight or tomorrow night I think. I hope that goes well.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.22%
    Achievements Posting Pro

If you have to just hit legs harder bro. you will be surprised the gains you can have even in your upper body with just legs. Odd as it may seem i always feel full throughout my whole body when i just do legs. plus you'll gain weight. Unbound test my man!
  32. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.42%

Be cautious with the chest workout, man - take your time.

But I have no doubt you'll do fine none-the-less.

***NOW @ NP***
  33. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  207 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.73%

Be cautious with the chest workout, man - take your time.

But I have no doubt you'll do fine none-the-less.
    x2 on that. Don't rush things back and like Bravo said legs are great in the meantime.
  34. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.41%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Glad that you're back in the gym With my injury I can't do many push/pull, but I'm still squatting and doing 1-armed elliptical
  35. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.63%

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Glad that you're back in the gym With my injury I can't do many push/pull, but I'm still squatting and doing 1-armed elliptical
    Hey Steveoph! Yeah, the injury defininetly stinks. How much longer do you have to go? Its kinda weird, it seems like the more I use my hand, the less numb my fingers feel when Im using them. Its only when I keep them stable that they seem really numb.
  36. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.63%

Last night when I got home from work I was pumped to lift. It is really nice having some equipment in my basement for when I dont feel like going out. I was able to get out a pretty good chest workout. The hand really doesnt bother me at all except for the initial liftoff of the bar, after that its all gravy. My one concern is my left shoulder somehow is tweaked again. I dont know how I did it, during my week off last week it was a little sore, when I tried to do incline DB press last night, it felt like someone was driving a nail through my shoulder joint. I couldnt get them off and moved on to another exercise. This shoulder has given me problems in the past, but its been quite a while since its hurt. I dont know how with a week off lifting it could mysteriously start hurting again. The only thing I can think of is I did something shoveling a foot of snow off my driveway on saturday for 3 hours. Besides that, Im lost. Unless somehow not working it out allowed the old injury to resurface. Im not taking any chances though. Last night I placed an emergency NP order for Bulk Super Cissus RX. Last time my shoulder gave me problems, 2 weeks on SCRX I was 100%.

Chest Workout:

4x BB Bench Press
    4x Cable Crossover
    1x Incline DB Press ***FAIL***
    3x Decline BB Bench Press
    3x Incline DB Flyes

I was really feeling the shoulder on the incline DB Flyes. I was so pissed off though I just powered through them. All of the exercises were with decreased weights due to the hand. Its just nice to be back moving some sort of weight.

For fun, I thought I'd post the recipe for my meal last night. It is delicious, I believe it is fairly low in carbs, correct me if Im wrong. Note, I did not consume the whole thing in one evening. I cook in bulk so I have meals for the next day or two.

2lbs Top Sirloin Steak cut into small chunks
    5 Heads of Broccoli
    3 cloves of garlic chopped
    4 chopped Serano Peppers

All you have to do is coat a skillet with non-stick spray, toss in the broccoli heads, garlic, and serano peppers and allow them to begin cooking, begin cutting the steak into small pieces, incorportate them into the skillet once you are all finished cutting the steak, and after the steak is slightly browned add a little bit of Hoison sauce to your liking and whalla. It is quite delicious. The only thing I can think of that would be remotely bad is the sodium in the Hoison sauce.

Does this qualify as a "low-carb" meal?? Let me know so I can add it to my list of low carb recipes.
  37. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.42%

Definitely qualifies as low carb. The garlic and serrano peppers are pretty much negligible as carbs; they might contribute a gram or two, but it's a trace amount. And the Broccoli, depending on your serving-size, will be somewhere between 5 and 8g, a good part of which is fiber. Sounds tasty - I haven't used Serrano's in a while, but I use garlic all the time - I'd even eat it raw crushed, but BW won't get anywhere near me if I do.

***NOW @ NP***
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.89%

Keep hanging on MC. LOL! I feel you on the injuries man. BTDT too many times. Just be encouraged that the body heals and you will be back to where you want to be. Until then,keep playing it smart as you have been doing. No need to prolong it.

It's good to see you fitting in the cardio and ab work here and there to stay in shape during this time.

Hg
  39. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.63%

I got my butt back into the gym last night. I've been dragging ass lately. Ever since the ol' hand injury I haven't been the same. I'm not making excuses by no means, I'm still pushing through, I just havent been at the top of my game like I was prior to the hand injury. Sometime with my week and a half off, my old shoulder injury creeped back up on me. I'm going to have to take a break from shoulders completely because even incline bench press pains me. Thank god Bulk Super Cissus RX is coming today. Im going to spend all night capping because that was a life saver the last time I hurt this shoulder.

Despite all of the negativity, I actually had a pretty good workout last night. Strength and endurance is down a bit, but that didnt hinder me too much. I did legs, and a little light bi work. I usually do legs by themselves and bi's with shoulders, but since shoulders are going to be on the back burner for a while, I decided to group legs with the bi's.

Workout:
    3x Squats
    4x Leg Presses
    4x Calf Raises
    3x Seated Leg Curls
    3x Leg Extensions
    3x BB Curl
    3x Overhead Cable Curl
    3x Preacher Curl

25 minute cardio on the bike

The hand really gets to be tender by the end of the workout. I have it decently wrapped with a fair amount of padding, but the pressure still causes some pain. The wrapping and padding also effects my grip slightly so I am also not able to go as heavy due to that. Everyday is getting better though, I can't wait till I'm 100% again. It is going to be so nice to be able to go hard again.
  40. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.42%

Lotta leg work man, wow. Overhead cable curls? Hmm, haven't heard of those before - I'm guessing you start with the bar overhead and curl down behind the neck? Interesting.

My orders supposed to come today too! I'm stoked - lotsa goodies in that box!

***NOW @ NP***

Similar Forum Threads

1. LG Pre - N.O. - Intra goodies (Sponsored)
    By EMARTIN in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 12-05-2010, 09:40 PM
  2. Replies: 141
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 11:07 AM
  3. Toyin' with Intra-Aid & Beta-Ala9 (sponsored)
    By TOYFORDOLET in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 12:34 PM
  4. (Sponsored ) Smeton put's Universal's Intra-aid to the test
    By John Smeton in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 11-22-2008, 03:34 AM
  5. My new gym buddy... INTRA-AID! (SPONSORED)
    By jonnyjames in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 10:34 PM