MusclePharm Assault Review

1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

MusclePharm Assault Review

I purchased the four pack sample offered and received four sample of Assult since I had no desire to try the other products.

Mixability: 7/10 - Mixed fairly well, but kind of like mixing sand into water. Overall not bad though.

Taste: 10/10 - probably the best tasting pre-workout supp i've ever used.

Pump: 5/10 - Sub-Par at best.

Energy: 2/10 - Felt little to no energy from this supplement.

Overall: 5/10 - To me this felt like a sub-par product with a big price tag. I would sooner buy two tubs of vasocharge for the price of 1 tub of Assault. NO-Shotgun which costs the same is in a different league IMHO. I can not say i'd recommend this product to anyone based on the price and results I got. This is based on one serving and maybe people who use this use 2 servings?? Very little BA tingle and I mean very little. Workout was unenergized and dissappointing. I may try two packets to see how that works, but at 1 packet i'd choose any pre-workout products i have ever tried over Assault.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Thanks for the review man! What is your fave pre workout product? NO-Shotgun?
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.09%

Quote Originally Posted by Craigmatthew View Post
    Thanks for the review man! What is your fave pre workout product? NO-Shotgun?
    I really like NO-Shotgun v2 which I have stockpiled. v3 is still good, but i feel v2 was a better product. For just a cheap, but awesome pwo supplement I would go with Primal N2O, since you can pick it up for under $18 at any time. Shotgun just has protein, bcaa, etc.. which no other pwo product has that I have seen. If I had to go to a third place product it would be tough because I have used the two products above forever now. I used to use SP250 awhile back, but haven't for ages. I have no reason to change at this point. I just felt Assault didn't do much at all, BUT I also don't know if I should be taking two servings either. Maybe a rep will chime in...
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.33%

I ordered Assault the first day it was released and I love it. It's actually the only PreWO drink I've ever bought a second time. It gives me great pumps and good energy. I took 1 serving for a week but then started taking between 1 1/2 to 2 servings. Try a double dose and see if you like it better.
  5. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

You are comparing Assault to notorious pump products. Assault isnt focused on the pump its and all around product and really takes more than a few doses to apprieciate. I wasnt impressed with it that much other than the taste the first time i tried it but once i got a tub its a different story effects seem to snowball over time. The Suma root for instance will be more effective over time. As far as energy it wasnt designed for that either it has good focus factors and the right amount of energy imo if you need more you can supplement with a fat burner or cheap caffiene to suit your needs. It was made that way to be versatile for people who dont like to be stimmed out and those that still need some stim. How much are you weighing now? I usually take 1.5 scoops.
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.48%

Sorry it didn't workout for you bud, hopefully you will get better results with what you have left. As for the BA tingle, you are not really going to experience it with Assault because Assault digest slower than most other products, Therefore you really don't get the big influx of BA that causes the tingles. My only advice is to try it first thing in the morning if you can with nothing else in your stomach and see if you notice it a little better. Thanks for the review though, we appreciate the feedback.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  7. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.19%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I won't focus too much on the tingle aspect of beta alanine. Upon consumption, beta alanine starts to work, whether or not we experience the tingles.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  8. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    I won't focus too much on the tingle aspect of beta alanine. Upon consumption, beta alanine starts to work, whether or not we experience the tingles.
    QUite honestly ive only felt the BA tingles maybe once or twice and thats from my first times using it. I can use anything with BA or even straight BA and i dont notice the tingles. I dont know why.
  9. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.19%

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    QUite honestly ive only felt the BA tingles maybe once or twice and thats from my first times using it. I can use anything with BA or even straight BA and i dont notice the tingles. I dont know why.
    It may be dose-dependent. Or might be more pronounced, if taken on an empty stomach. In any case, the fuller cellular carnosine stores get, the less the tingling occurs. Besides, if you eat a lot of meat, fish, and poultry, dietary sources of carnosine (the di-peptide made up of beta alanine and l-histidine), you may have relatively higher carnosine stores to begin with, implying that you may not experience the tingling like someone else on a completely different diet.

Personally, I don't let the presence or absence of the tingles bother me.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  10. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    It may be dose-dependent. Or might be more pronounced, if taken on an empty stomach. In any case, the fuller cellular carnosine stores get, the less the tingling occurs. Besides, if you eat a lot of meat, fish, and poultry, dietary sources of carnosine (the di-peptide made up of beta alanine and l-histidine), you may have relatively higher carnosine stores to begin with, implying that you may not experience the tingling like someone else on a completely different diet.

Personally, I don't let the presence or absence of the tingles bother me.
    me neither its the performance that matters to me.
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.09%

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    You are comparing Assault to notorious pump products. Assault isnt focused on the pump its and all around product and really takes more than a few doses to apprieciate.
    This is copied and pasted direct from the write-up in your sub-forum

Assaulting Pumps
    Supercharged Energy & Endurance
    Increased Focus & Training Intensity

If it isn't focused on the pump then why is it listed as the first "bullet" describing the product?

I'll try two servings to see how it is then. It def can't be any worse than a single serving...

Also NO-Shotgun is far more than a notorious pump product...
  12. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.92%

I only feel the tingle if I drink it on an empty stomach, and I mean EMPTY!

As for the pumps, I didn't feel them at first either. Seemed to take a couple dosing to get movin.

As for the energy, I donno! It certainly works for me. Maybe you're stimmed out? Sucks for you, though. LOL
  13. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.09%

I don't think i'm stimmed out because Vasocharge and No-Shotgun still work fine for me. I'm gonna try two servings to see how it is. Also, on the sample and probably on the container it says:

Skin Splitting Pumps
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.33%

I noticed the pumps on the third or fourth day and every day after that. And for me personally, 40 minutes prior to workout was optimal time to drink it.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 02:56 PM
  2. musclepharm assault purchase?
    By dedlifter1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 08:02 AM