GMG760 is entering an Anadrualic State (sponsored log)

Page 2 of 22 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by GMG760 View Post
    Thanks, I have always been more comfortable on DB bench than BB. The heavy dumbells are hell on my body though... a lot more carrying weights around and kicking them up into position.
    yeah lifting heavy Db's isn't that bad, it's the getting round the gym with them!

2. Good job on the PR's....One good thing with the DB's when your done with a set and your walking them back you just look sick! veins a popping and all... Good start.. any comment on the AS yet?
    •   

3. Nevermind about the AS I forgot your holding off till the end...

4. I love working with DBs. They give you a more natural range of motion.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

5. Quote Originally Posted by Craigmatthew View Post
    yeah lifting heavy Db's isn't that bad, it's the getting round the gym with them!

good job on thePR's, you should keep gaining through PCT!
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Craigmatthew View Post
    Roll them b*tches.

7. I use powerblocks...I can't even drop them when I finish.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

8. Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    Good job on the PR's....One good thing with the DB's when your done with a set and your walking them back you just look sick! veins a popping and all... Good start.. any comment on the AS yet?
    AS arrives monday.
    ...GMG760 Version 2.0 ... Back from the dead.

9. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    I love working with DBs. They give you a more natural range of motion.
    it's funny, I have AC joint separations in both shoulders from injuries...BB KILLS my shoulders, but I can get a better range of motion from DB's and it doesn't irritate my shoulders as bad.

you'll almost never see me post BB bench.

but I do notice that when I'm lifting heavy (over 110) on DB's that I get a lot better lift when I have someone hand them off to me...carrying them over to the bench takes enough work that I usually lose one rep on my lift.

10. You usually can only lift about 3/4 the weight with DBs as opposed to the BB weights. The stabilizing necessary with DBs is much greater and needs alot more effort.

11. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    You usually can only lift about 3/4 the weight with DBs as opposed to the BB weights. The stabilizing necessary with DBs is much greater and needs alot more effort.
    I'm about even on my DB and BB now, but I used to be really DB dominant. Practice is really what helps.

haha roll them eh? Yeah but that takes to long man :P

12. So if you are benching 240 BB, you can throw up 120 lb DBs?

13. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    So if you are benching 240 BB, you can throw up 120 lb DBs?
    Well for a start I'm not bench 240 for reps. If the rep count is even for both, then I'm lifting more or less the same yes. Might be a difference on 2 reps max.

14. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    So if you are benching 240 BB, you can throw up 120 lb DBs?

i dont think the 2 translate whatsoever !

15. It's different for different people.

I have been able to move the 110's around since my first MMV2 run... that is 220 lbs total. I was stuck at 225 BB for like 3 reps for what seemed like FOREVER. For a while, I thought my DB was gonna pass my bench.

Then I changed my BB bench grip (and took mdrol) and my BB numbers jumped like 55-60 lbs. I can't wrap my thumbs under the bar anymore. I lose a ton of strength, and my wrists hurt. It seems like it would be less safe to tuck my thumbs back behind the bar, but I feel like I am able to keep my wrists/hands in the correct position to maximize my output. I have seen plenty of other people bench like this, it is where I got the idea. It just makes my arms move in a better range of motion I think, there seems to be less stress on my elbows too.

16. Quote Originally Posted by GMG760 View Post
    It's different for different people.

I have been able to move the 110's around since my first MMV2 run... that is 220 lbs total. I was stuck at 225 BB for like 3 reps for what seemed like FOREVER. For a while, I thought my DB was gonna pass my bench.
    was I there the first time you threw those up?

17. Quote Originally Posted by delsolrob View Post
    was I there the first time you threw those up?
    No, actually I was very much finished with my M1D/MMV2 run by then. I believe I was on my AP/Recreate/Napalm cut for last summer... towards the end of it... so I was pretty light like 182 or something... and probably working out in the 12-15 rep range. I doubt I was pushing the 110's at the time.

I incline DB pressed the 95's for the first time when you were there. I think we started out on incline.

The first time I threw up the 110's I was like almost tweaking out from all the anger my first mmv2 run gave me. I think my girlfriend at the time was getting scared of working out with me because I was getting so intense. I was considerably smaller when I did it the first time... I think I got 2 reps and then 2 assisted reps. I remember a trainer at my gym looking at me like she was gonna have an anxiety attack for me. I seriously think she thought I was gonna hurt myself. When I dropped the DBs she breathed this sigh of relief that made me laugh even though i was so amped up.

18. Quote Originally Posted by GMG760 View Post
    No, actually I was very much finished with my M1D/MMV2 run by then. I believe I was on my AP/Recreate/Napalm cut for last summer... towards the end of it... so I was pretty light like 182 or something... and probably working out in the 12-15 rep range. I doubt I was pushing the 110's at the time.

I incline DB pressed the 95's for the first time when you were there. I think we started out on incline.

The first time I threw up the 110's I was like almost tweaking out from all the anger my first mmv2 run gave me. I think my girlfriend at the time was getting scared of working out with me because I was getting so intense. I was considerably smaller when I did it the first time... I think I got 2 reps and then 2 assisted reps. I remember a trainer at my gym looking at me like she was gonna have an anxiety attack for me. I seriously think she thought I was gonna hurt myself. When I dropped the DBs she breathed this sigh of relief that made me laugh even though i was so amped up.
    Im sorry GMG, this is off topic but I know exactly what your talking about (the sigh/laugh) today I got 275x4 on flat BB and then 265x5 on decline BB, both times I let out a big YUUUUPPPP YEA BBUUUDDAAYYYYY, then just laughed, the pump was amazing both times!

19. Quote Originally Posted by GMG760 View Post
    It's different for different people.
    Then I changed my BB bench grip (and took mdrol) and my BB numbers jumped like 55-60 lbs.

Ive always wrapped my thumbs under the bar

20. So your thumb goes back towards the rest of your fingers right? That's what I am doing at least. I no longer "grip the bar with my thumb going the opposite way of the bar.

21. Subadubdubbed, should be interesting buddy, enjoyed our last log, hopefully this will be just as classy, Russian

22. Quote Originally Posted by russianstar View Post
    Subadubdubbed, should be interesting buddy, enjoyed our last log, hopefully this will be just as classy, Russian
    Thanks bro, glad you are coming along for this one!

23. Quote Originally Posted by russianstar View Post
    Subadubdubbed, should be interesting buddy, enjoyed our last log, hopefully this will be just as classy, Russian

oh it will! 3 of the cali-RolDEEP crew are logging it! thats poop, GMG and myself!

24. Thumb under the bar has always made me nervous, I think I will always be a 'gripper'.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Craigmatthew View Post
    Thumb under the bar has always made me nervous, I think I will always be a 'gripper'.
    Dude, I thought the exact same thing until my press went up like 60 lbs instantly. It is just better for MY body.

26. I was just using the 240 as a reference number. But in general I think most BB numbers out weigh the DB numbers. And G, I can not even lift a BB (bench/military) without my thumbs on the same side as my other fingers. It puts the wrist in a much better position to just push the weight.

27. dude, I couldn't agree more. my BB plateau is gone.

28. Quote Originally Posted by GMG760 View Post
    dude, I couldn't agree more. my BB plateau is gone.

how much of your strength gains do you attribute to your grip change?

29. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    I was just using the 240 as a reference number. But in general I think most BB numbers out weigh the DB numbers. And G, I can not even lift a BB (bench/military) without my thumbs on the same side as my other fingers. It puts the wrist in a much better position to just push the weight.
    Oh yeah, no doubt most individuals that train have higher BB numbers than DB's.. I'm just a rare exception.

30. Quote Originally Posted by grila jujitsu View Post
    how much of your strength gains do you attribute to your grip change?
    compared to the Mdrol?

I am not really sure. Probably nothing in the 1-2 rep range, I can usually muscle ONE out regardless of the grip... but the 8-10 rep range, probably 30-40 lbs very quickly. I mean, granted I was on Mdrol, but it just feels a lot easier to move when I grip it like that.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 109
    Last Post: 12-14-2010, 08:18 PM
  2. What to Stack with Anadrualic State?
    By schwellington in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-07-2010, 08:42 PM
  3. Replies: 308
    Last Post: 07-27-2009, 02:25 PM
  4. Anadrualic State and other supps
    By jb28ca in forum Supplements