Chub’s Epic Bulk with NeoVar Recomped and RPM.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to my second log! I’m Dave, or Chub…whichever you prefer!

I’ll be running two bottles of NeoVar Recomped along with my Big Block of RPM. Hopefully increasing my size and strength along the way. When my two bottles are up I’ll be going straight into 2 bottles of IGF-2 along with another 2 bottles of NeoVar Recomped!

At the moment I’m around 185lbs, fluctuating quite a bit. I’ll be going more by before and after pictures :)

quite sort on time today so i may have missed stuff out. any questions fell free to ask!

Staple supps are as follows:

Gut Health
Poseidon
NoXidant
Orange Triad
Fish oils

Gut health - will be dosed 1 before bed.

Poseidon - 3 times a day spaced out.

NoXidant - 3 caps after workout. On off days first thing in the morning.

Orange Triad – 6 a day, morning and night with meals.

Fish oil - 20 caps a day spread out.

My diet is going to be strict as possible! NO alcohol what so ever! No junk food..we’ll forget about the 14” pizza I had last night and cake.

The pictures arn't that good but it gives you an idea. i'll get my buddy to take some on monday of my back.

Anyway i hope you'll all join me, lets get this show on the road! :food:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Had a good time in the shower with my new Java bar that came yesterday!

Done arms today, i'll update later tonight after work.

Here's a song to get us started :)

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
subbed, glad to be here, lets get this party started

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
So what are you bulking up to?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Watching, Dave. I'm pretty sure that you'll love the IGF-2/NeoVar Recomped stack!!! :)

A quick note that the NeoVar Reomped/RPM stack will most likely help you LOSE FAT.

If you have any questions along the way feel free to ask me here or via PM.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Glad to have you along for the ride!

So what are you bulking up to?
I'm not quite sure. I did set a goal of 200lbs (14.2 stone if your scottish :D ) a few months back. But if i managed to put on 10lbs of solid muscle between now and march/april i'd be really pleased.
Watching, Dave. I'm pretty sure that you'll love the IGF-2/NeoVar Recomped stack!!! :)

A quick note that the NeoVar Reomped/RPM stack will most likely help you LOSE FAT.

If you have any questions along the way feel free to ask me here or via PM.
Hopefully it'll help me lose a bit of fat. Put on a little chub around the waist.

I'm going to update tomorrow with friday/sat workouts as i'm quite tired at the moment! just home from work.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Alright, what's the training going to be like? High weight, low rep?

Is there a particular training style you're looking at implementing?

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Alright, what's the training going to be like? High weight, low rep?

Is there a particular training style you're looking at implementing?
At the moment i'm doing high weight low reps apart from deadlifts i'm doing 10x10 at around 155lbs my max deadlift being 250lbs ish.

I really need to start doin some cardio aswell as lately i've been doing none at all. maybe 3 times a week for 30mins? or would that be too much during a bulk? I've been concentrating more on my diet lately over how i'm training, it could do with an overhall.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Well, if you're bulking, cardio would possible hinder some of your weight gain. It could be argued that it could help keep your weight gain cleaner...but it could also be argued that the cardio would break down your lean mass more so than your fat stores.

If it were me, I'd just stick to cardio on days I wasn't training. 30 minutes HIIT, while sippin on some sort of BCAA/EAA drink to minimize muscle breakdown.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Well, if you're bulking, cardio would possible hinder some of your weight gain. It could be argued that it could help keep your weight gain cleaner...but it could also be argued that the cardio would break down your lean mass more so than your fat stores.

If it were me, I'd just stick to cardio on days I wasn't training. 30 minutes HIIT, while sippin on some sort of BCAA/EAA drink to minimize muscle breakdown.
alright cool :) I do a bit of swimming to chill out now and again and usually a row so i'll just carry on with that. I use Purple Wraath during my workouts and on off days, forgot to add that to my supp list.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I didn't realise how low i was on WMS :( What other good sources of carbs could i use? dried fruit maybe?

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
Personally I wouldn't do HIIT cardio, just keep it low intensityXduration to maximize fat gain (incline walking on treadmill), but thats just me. Purple Wraath is the $hit. Good sources of carbs? dried fruit? maybe for a insulin spike, but not solid carbs. I'd say oatmeal, whole wheat bread/pasta and brown rice. Ive heard you can have white rice or white bread post WO to help with the insulin spike you need, but Im not sure

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Ive heard you can have white rice or white bread post WO to help with the insulin spike you need, but Im not sure
Or a baked potato. All are considered high GI

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At the moment i'm doing high weight low reps apart from deadlifts i'm doing 10x10 at around 155lbs my max deadlift being 250lbs ish.
If you're bulking, higher reps (i.e. 8-15), but still as heavy as you can go within that range, would be best. Or you could try the 10x3 method that Sean swears by (and he's a BIG guy).

I really need to start doin some cardio aswell as lately i've been doing none at all. maybe 3 times a week for 30mins? or would that be too much during a bulk? I've been concentrating more on my diet lately over how i'm training, it could do with an overhall.
If you're bulking, then cardio would be detrimental to gains (as mentioned by SilentBob187). You would want to keep it to a minimum: 2 times a week for maybe 20 minutes. AND you would want to be doing it on days when you are NOT resistance training. I personally would do HIIT - 4 min jogging, 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy, 4 min jogging - if bulking; that way you still keep cardiovascular fitness at a relative level and don't compromise gains too much.

DIET definitely will be the KEY factor in muscle gain (as well as any fat loss); training is SECONDARY to it (but you still need to train to gain).

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
20g of Fish Oil is quite the healthy dose :) Good luck with the RPM; for me it was hit or miss and the way I do my pre-WO meal/timing, I can't seem to fit it in well.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
If you're bulking, higher reps (i.e. 8-15), but still as heavy as you can go within that range, would be best. Or you could try the 10x3 method that Sean swears by (and he's a BIG guy).

If you're bulking, then cardio would be detrimental to gains (as mentioned by SilentBob187). You would want to keep it to a minimum: 2 times a week for maybe 20 minutes. AND you would want to be doing it on days when you are NOT resistance training. I personally would do HIIT - 4 min jogging, 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy, 4 min jogging - if bulking; that way you still keep cardiovascular fitness at a relative level and don't compromise gains too much.

DIET definitely will be the KEY factor in muscle gain (as well as any fat loss); training is SECONDARY to it (but you still need to train to gain).
:goodpost:
the choice of cardo is up to you, but I feel you deff should do SOME type of cardio, no more than 20-30 min

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't realise how low i was on WMS :( What other good sources of carbs could i use? dried fruit maybe?
potatos are better. oatmeal is decent, maltodextrin isnt bad if it doesn't give you gas too bad

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the problem with fruit is how the body tends to use fructose is different slightly, filling liver glycogen preferentially

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
the problem with fruit is how the body tends to use fructose is different slightly, filling liver glycogen preferentially
Yessir.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
potatos are better. oatmeal is decent, maltodextrin isnt bad if it doesn't give you gas too bad
true...I had some regualr red-skin potatoes today :( but Im eating 2-3 cups of oatmeal ED, huummmm, I love oatmeal

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice guys :D

I know i said i'd update last night with my first two workouts but i just haven't had time to get a detailed update. Work has been messing me around a lot with changing my hours. I'll get them up later tonight after my shift for sure.

Today and yesterday were days off and i'll be doing chest tomorrow.

20g of Fish Oil is quite the healthy dose :) Good luck with the RPM; for me it was hit or miss and the way I do my pre-WO meal/timing, I can't seem to fit it in well.
Its 20 caps a day, not 20gs. 20caps of the NP bulk fish oils which comes to 3.6g EPA and 2.4g DHA i think it was. I'd like to take 20g a day, i tried the liquid but it just tasted too rough for me lol.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Ok so on Friday I done shoulders. The workout was really crap. Felt really drained and kinda dazed. I took my first dose of NeoVar after my workout with my WMS. Rest of the day I felt like crap, second dose of NeoVar in the evening with WMS then a burger 45mins or so later. It went right through me :( Felt like crap the rest of the evening at work.

Saturday was arms. Great workout :D Pump in my arms was ****ing insane. My strength too with close grip bench was just awesome. I thought NeoVar was starting to give me dumps but I’ve been fine ever since my first dose :) my appetite has went through the roof since I started on NeoVar. I didn’t expect that at all. Is it supposed to do that? Since my arms workout my biceps have been pretty damn sore but rock solid!

Tomorrow is chest and a day off work, so I’ll be up early to make the most of my day and increased appetite. I’m working a 13hour shift on Wednesday so I’ll need to prepare some food for that too.

:food:

Here's a song. I'm away to watch the film before bed :)

YouTube - Seether - 6 gun quota - Next

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
So today was chest..

1x 50kg 15 reps
2x 60kg 12 reps
1x 60kg 10 reps
1x 65kg 7 reps

Incline

1x 60kg 10 reps
1x 60kg 6 reps :(
1x 55kg 6 reps
1x 50kg 10 reps

Flies

1x 17.5kg 6 reps
1x 15kg 8 reps
1x 15kg 12reps

Was quite shaky during my workout for some reason and before starting. I got about 7 hours of sleep and was knackered when I woke up. Dosed NeoVar in the morning with my oats, blueberries and honey. Also after my workout with some WMS. Was starving by the time I got home.

Strength felt good but not excellent. Been in a crap mood all day and that seems to affect my lifting a lot :( I always lift more when I’m in a cheery mood.

Had a nice pump in my chest and arms. Quite vascular in my forearms, more so in my wrists and palms.

Motivation is ok, had to drag myself update this though! At the moment I’m only happy while I’m in the gym. Work is really crap, I hate it! Had some guy try to head butt me at the weekend after a colleague asked him to leave. Think he got a shock when I dragged his arse to the door and launched him :D

My appetite was crazy high again last night, i can easy sink a 200g steak plus 100g pasta plus veg and a pint of milk and want more 30mins later! Infact i'm away to have some peanut butter now! I might even take a bite out of my Java Bar

My arms are a lot more solid all day long. Hope my chest goes that way too!

Any questions just shoot! :thumbsup:
YouTube - She - Green Day

kingin23

Awards
will be waiting for those after pics..im thinking of going with neoVar pretty soon

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
..im thinking of going with neoVar pretty soon
If you haven't already, get a sample to try. Or there is a 110 cap bottle, if you're not quite ready to buy the bigger bottle.

You won't be disappointed, is all I will say.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
So i slept 12 hours last night, missed my last meal of the day which was going to be steak! Only got 4 hours sleep the night before so i was catching up!

Away to do back today!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Good work out today. Really pleased with it. Just having some steak and pasta. Update of workout will be posted later on :D

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
So today was back.

Done some work on my lats then done Deadlifts.

2x 50kg (110lbs) 15 reps
1x 60kg 15 reps

1x 90kg (198lbs) 3 reps
4x 100kg (220lbs) 3 reps
1x 90kg 3 reps
1x 95kg 3 reps
1x 90kg 3 reps
1x 90kg 3 reps
1x 90kg 3 reps

Really nice strength today! My max dead lift for one rep is 115kg so I’m pleased with what I done today. Heart was pounding out my chest!

Thought I was going to be sick in the gym car park after my WMS shake. Managed to hold it down :) The chalkiness doesn’t go down well with me. I prefer pasta after I take my NeoVar but I didn’t have time as I had some shopping to do (3kg of natty peanut butter :D )

My chest quite hard and sore from my Tuesday workout. Really tired and drained at the moment!

Motivation is good. Can’t wait to get back in the gym again! Fridge is packed with food at the moment. Managed to get the cals in yesterday even though I was working 13hours of the day :(

Loving the Java soap! Had a few comments on the way I smell too the last couple days.

Appetite sky high still! Dumps been normal :)

Libido normal

Normal blue veins again today. Last night they were popping out my wrists

Anyway, away to pick up my buddy who’s back for Christmas from Iraq :)

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Day 8 of NeoVar

Arms today!

Managed 70kg on close grip bench, which is a new PR for me :) pleased with that. Nice smooth strength throughout. Also managed to squeeze out 3 more reps on preacher curl than I’d usually do.

Pump seemed to come in a lot quicker today. Normally it would take 3 or 4 sets before I’d feel a solid pump in my arms. Today it was first set! Spots on my arms are clearing up real good since I’ve been using the java bar.

This is just insane! I’ve just eaten 100g pasta, 125g turkey steak and a big pile of spinach. A pint of water and some berries pre workout and I’m still hungry!

Lower back and legs are pretty smashed today. Upper back a bit sore too from yesterday.

Had the dentist today. Had two pretty hot chicks poking around in my mouth. I ended up licking one if their fingers by mistake lol. I thought it was pretty funny but managed not to laugh, I don’t think she noticed. Walked straight into some junkie guy who tried to rob my house 3 years ago on the way home from the gym… Felt like smashing my shaker over his head!

Motivation: THERE

Appetite: so high I’m in space.

Libido: high pre workout.

Normal blue veins popping up again today :)

Bit of Audioslave for you :)

YouTube - Audioslave - Cochise (Live on Broadway 11-25-02)

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i'm updating my diet tracker here too daily if you want to have a peak and throw out some suggestions :)

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
glad to see that everything is working out for you.
keeping challenging yourself!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Just having some oats with blueberries and honey before heading off to the gym. Shoulders and maybe legs if i got time. day off yesterday.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Shoulders and legs today.

Went to the Leisure Centre over the country club today as I thought it was going to be quiet plus I like using the cables there.

So I go in and the place is full of kids! I stuck my headphones in and got started. As I was in the middle of my Arnold press some guy came up with a water bottle in his hand asking me if it was mine. The bottle was nowhere near me in the first place and I had my own one in front of me. So the boy goes back over to his 6 mates who were pissing around on the smith machine.

Carried on with my workout. Turned up my headphones to block out all the noobs talking. Then some guy with his chick comes in. While I was doing front raises she kept walking in front of me and smiling. At one point she was standing in front of me just watching. She just seemed to be floating around while her bf done jack ****.

After that I went to fill my water bottle up, I get back and some kid is sitting on the bench I was using curling 3kg weights. He then started boxing with them. I was gone for less than 30 seconds!

While doing my leg curl that chick started walking around me and smiling n **** again. Had to wait awhile to get on the cables as the group of 7 guys moved onto it.

Rant over!

Strength was alright. Aggression was high.

Endurance could have been better. I didn’t have my purple wraath so that might have had something to do with it. My forearms were pretty veiny today during my workout. Popping out!

Had a bagel with some honey after my workout then some pasta, steak, spinach and some cucumber about 20mins later. The Cucumber fell out of my shopping bag on the way home as it had pierced a hole in it. I managed to throw pasta all over my kitchen too as I knocked my arm on the way to the cooker.

My day is just getting worse as it goes on! I’m working at 6 tonight. I’ll put money on there will be trouble aswell!

:(

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
what does your routine consist of?
Did you squat today when you did legs?

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
what does your routine consist of?
Did you squat today when you did legs?
seated db arnold press
shoulder press
Side lateral Raise
Front raise
Upright row

is what i done for my shoulders

I haven't done squats before. The gym i normally go to doesn't have a smiths machine or rack and i'm rarely over at the other one. I couldn't of done squats today if i'd wanted to as people were hogging the smiths machine. I've been slacking in the legs department lately apart from when i do deadlifts thats the only time i hit them :( I done leg press and leg curl today.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I suggest you don't do squats on the smith machine. It inhibits your natural ROM.
What are your goals besides bulking? Strength or size? how many reps are you doing? I think you have great potential but I'd like to know more about your routine.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
seated db arnold press
shoulder press
Side lateral Raise
Front raise
Upright row

is what i done for my shoulders

I haven't done squats before. The gym i normally go to doesn't have a smiths machine or rack and i'm rarely over at the other one. I couldn't of done squats today if i'd wanted to as people were hogging the smiths machine. I've been slacking in the legs department lately apart from when i do deadlifts thats the only time i hit them :( I done leg press and leg curl today.
:eek:

You don't need a smith machine to do squats, as Tyler said. Do them with DB sometimes; it's not as good as with the BB (and a little more awkward).

Try some power cleans, if you don't want to do squats. Or lunges (BB or DB).

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I suggest you don't do squats on the smith machine. It inhibits your natural ROM.
What are your goals besides bulking? Strength or size? how many reps are you doing? I think you have great potential but I'd like to know more about your routine.
I'd like to get a lot bigger. More strength would be really nice. I guess size would come along with strength as i got stronger. At the moment i'm doing reps of 8-15.

:eek:

You don't need a smith machine to do squats, as Tyler said. Do them with DB sometimes; it's not as good as with the BB (and a little more awkward).

Try some power cleans, if you don't want to do squats. Or lunges (BB or DB).
I'll try some DB squats. There is a jungle gym some people do squats on but i haen't tried that yet. Theres not much room to do power cleans, i sometimes struggle to get room to do deadlifts :(

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to get a lot bigger. More strength would be really nice. I guess size would come along with strength as i got stronger. At the moment i'm doing reps of 8-15.

I'll try some DB squats. There is a jungle gym some people do squats on but i haen't tried that yet. Theres not much room to do power cleans, i sometimes struggle to get room to do deadlifts :(
maybe its time to find a new gym.
one with a rack.
anyway...
I feel that if you are looking for some size and strength that lowering your reps won't hurt you at all. Have you looked into a 5x5 program or something similar? I think that you will be able to move some weight once you lower your reps down. Light reps were ok for me but I didnt start really growing until I went heavy.

As far as squats are concerned....
if you don't feel comfortable doing them, we can't force you into doing them. I love them. They are great and work every muscle in your legs. Perhaps you could do leg presses and incline leg presses if your gym is outfitted for them....
be sure that you are not abusing your quads on these exercises though and put your legs to the top of the plate where your knees don't break your toe line that way you use mainly your glutes and hams when you get to the bottom of the lift.

I'm not by any means trying to tell you what to do but I think there are a few routines that would suit you well. If you would like I can send you a few for you to try out.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
So i slept 12 hours last night, missed my last meal of the day which was going to be steak! Only got 4 hours sleep the night before so i was catching up!

Away to do back today!
Never have such a large meal before bed anyway....screws up your digestion and can affect your sleep.

Cheers!:cheers:

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
maybe its time to find a new gym.
one with a rack.
anyway...
I feel that if you are looking for some size and strength that lowering your reps won't hurt you at all. Have you looked into a 5x5 program or something similar? I think that you will be able to move some weight once you lower your reps down. Light reps were ok for me but I didnt start really growing until I went heavy.

As far as squats are concerned....
if you don't feel comfortable doing them, we can't force you into doing them. I love them. They are great and work every muscle in your legs. Perhaps you could do leg presses and incline leg presses if your gym is outfitted for them....
be sure that you are not abusing your quads on these exercises though and put your legs to the top of the plate where your knees don't break your toe line that way you use mainly your glutes and hams when you get to the bottom of the lift.

I'm not by any means trying to tell you what to do but I think there are a few routines that would suit you well. If you would like I can send you a few for you to try out.
There isn't many gyms in my town, I go to the one with the only barbell bench apart from the other one i sometimes go to that has the smith machine. There ain't no gym with a rack :(

Yeah it would be cool if you could send me some to have a look over. I do really need to change my routine up. I've done low reps high weight before and liked it but not followed a actual training program. I really liked doing the 10x3 on deadlifts.

Never have such a large meal before bed anyway....screws up your digestion and can affect your sleep.

Cheers!:cheers:
If its a large meal i end up having i'll always leave 2 hours at least before i go to bed. Normally i'll just have some natty peanut butter or a light shake :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ddfox423 Apex Alchemy 4
Electrake Workout Logs 436
SatishOG Natural Bodybuilding 10
MadStax Anabolics 26
Supplements 1