"Stuff I Take" Log - Ozarkabrand :)

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I just want to be able to log something. So, here goes..

Current Staple Supplementation -

• Beta Alanine
  • Sesamin
  • Multi. Vitamin
  • Omega 3s
  • Vit. D
  • Vit. C
  • Garlic
New and Special Things :) -
  • Lean Fx :D
  • Reversitol
  • Sesamin

Current Diet -

Starting up the Anabolic Diet as of tonight. I've got the eBook, and I've used this diet before. I feel that at this point, it could really be the extra little kick I need to shed off those last few pounds of body fat.

Training Routine -
It's time for a change ;). I will be loosely following this template (meaning that the exercises will probably be changing, body parts worked I plan on keeping the same), while implementing a few DC and Waterbury principles:
Day 1 -
  • Barbell Bench
  • DBell Incline
  • Deadlift (depending on lingering back issues)
  • Inverted Rows
  • Unilateral Cable Rows
  • Preacher Curls
  • Seated Dbell Curls
Day 2 -
  • Close-grip Bench
  • Skull Crushers
  • Unilateral Arnold Press
  • Front Raises
  • Upright Rows
  • Dbell Shrugs
  • Forearm Work
Day 3 -
  • Back Squat
  • Walking Lunges
  • Glute-Ham Raises
  • Ball Leg Curls
  • Standing Calve Raises
  • Seated Calve Raises
  • * two days of rest follow day 3, as opposed to one day of rest following each, day 1 and day 2
Tomorrow will be my first day on Lean Fx, and my first day following the above template, and not to mention delving into the Anabolic Diet. Needless to say, I'm excited!

TOYFORDOLET

TOYFORDOLET

Awards
  • Established
I'll be watching. Why the intra/post carbs?

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I'll be watching. Why the intra/post carbs?
Part of this is that I've got a crap-load of WMS and Dextrose laying around.. the other part is that I'm attempting to blunt the rise in cortisol associated with weight training, and increase protein synthesis overall (thank you Dr. John Ivy, lol).

TOYFORDOLET

TOYFORDOLET

Awards
  • Established
It just seems like 50g of high GI carbs are going to pull you out of ketosis and would be better saved for your refeed. But either way I'm intereseted in how it goes.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
It just seems like 50g of high GI carbs are going to pull you out of ketosis and would be better saved for your refeed. But either way I'm intereseted in how it goes.
Noted. However, I will be using PSLIN along with that shake.

edit: NVM, only 50 carbs maximum on training days, with 30 from an intra/post workout shake.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
12/06/08

3 Lean Fx, 3 swigs o' sesamin (approx 8ml total), 10g BA, 7g CrM, 500mg PSLIN

Good workout today dudes, felt pretty nice.
Barbell Bench - 215, 3 sets DC style
Dumbell Incline - 70s, 3 sets DC
Inverted Rows - BW+25, 3 sets DC
Incline Db Rows - 50s, 3 sets DC
Preacher Curls - 55, 3 sets DC
Seated DB Curls - 32.5s, 3 sets DC
Abs on the floor

50g total carbs for today. I'm sitting at about 180lbs at the moment, mostly due to food I'm sure. I'll check in the morning, I predict around 175. BF is around 12-14%.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
So, my BP is still pretty high, for any who followed along my last cycle. It was fine, and then I started to include creatine, and things went up up up. So, I'm going to completely drop the creatine in hopes that this is what has been the true cause for the increase in blood pressure. Just fyi :).

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
Good luck on the Anabolic Diet man. I respond very favorably to it, but it's just too damn hard for me to follow.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Good luck on the Anabolic Diet man. I respond very favorably to it, but it's just too damn hard for me to follow.
Thanks! It's going to be difficult for a little while, that's for sure.. I'm low on funds so my food choices at the moment aren't the most tasty, but, they're Anabolic Diet certified.

Small Update:

I'm 177lbs as of this morning.. Not too shabby considering I've been off the juice for over a week.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
12/07/08

Ok, I'm just going to do the AD, forget about my higher carb modifications I had set previously..

Oh, yeah, so, high carb cheat meal today.. haha.. It was about time.. Thin crust bacon/sausage pizza w/ bowl of grapenuts and yogurt w/ whey.. Also, 3 hershey's kisses!

I'm back to being a bad ass diet dude tomorrow, oh and it's training day number 2, so look out!

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
I was able to stay more strict with my diet when I didn't mess with carb-cycling too. I tried TKD a few months ago. My brain just couldn't handle it. I was fine on CKD though, oddly enough.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Broke my computer today.. I'm on my buddy's laptop at the moment.. Gotta look into getting it fixed, if anyone knows anybody that can get it done dirt cheap, please let me know!

Workout was great today
  • Close grip bench - 185 DC
  • Skull crushers - 80 DC
  • Arnold press - 40s DC
  • Front raises - 20s DC
  • DB shrugs - 75s DC
  • Forearm thing - up to 90 DC
  • Abs w/ the cables
  • 15 mins HIIT on elliptical

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
im in oz!:thumbsup:..good luck brutha!:thumbsup:

TOYFORDOLET

TOYFORDOLET

Awards
  • Established
Are you using pslin during your refeeds? I have a bottle of LGs Slin and was trying to figure out how I could utilize it efficiently with AD.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Are you using pslin during your refeeds? I have a bottle of LGs Slin and was trying to figure out how I could utilize it efficiently with AD.
I probably will, yes. With slin, I'd assume just follow label directions and use it before every carb containing refeed meal.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Workout was great today
  • Close grip bench - 185 DC
  • Skull crushers - 80 DC
  • Arnold press - 40s DC
  • Front raises - 20s DC
  • DB shrugs - 75s DC
  • Forearm thing - up to 90 DC
  • Abs w/ the cables
  • 15 mins HIIT on elliptical
What do you mean by DC exactly?

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
Was thinking the same thing. And what is "Forearm thing"? :)

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
in.
i like the list of supps you are on. my list of current supps looks very similar yours.
i also dropped creatine for the same reason.

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
You guys got me thinking... I dropped Vasocharge due to BP, but am still using about 3g of creatine in my shakes. Maybe I should drop that as well? Did you both really notice a considerable difference?

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
vasocharge was the one i had trouble with.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
in.
i like the list of supps you are on. my list of current supps looks very similar yours.
i also dropped creatine for the same reason.
Agreed, they're pretty staple staples ;)

I thought I mentioned I think Ozarka should add ZMA & Vit. D (Unless you're a lucky southerner). Green Tea + Grape Seed Extract I like for Anti-Oxidants, but doesn't have to be a staple.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
What do you mean by DC exactly?
ha. Sorry! I mean that I do the workout using the DC method.. So, about 8 reps the first set all out, rest 30 seconds, completely as many reps as possible w/out the lift slowing significantly, rest 30 seconds, and do as many as I can one last time.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Was thinking the same thing. And what is "Forearm thing"? :)
I wasn't real sure what to call it.. Basically, you've got a barbell behind your back, gripping it w/ your palms facing away from you, and you proceed to flex your forearms to pull the weight up w/ the point of flexion being your wrist.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, they're pretty staple staples ;)

I thought I mentioned I think Ozarka should add ZMA & Vit. D (Unless you're a lucky southerner). Green Tea + Grape Seed Extract I like for Anti-Oxidants, but doesn't have to be a staple.
I prob should have listed that, but I do supplement w/ 3000 i.u. of Vit. D daily. Also, I take Primaforce ZMA prior to bed, 'bout to run out of that though.

I'd like to try out the Grape Seed Extract, specifically for the possible benefits to my blood pressure.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
You guys got me thinking... I dropped Vasocharge due to BP, but am still using about 3g of creatine in my shakes. Maybe I should drop that as well? Did you both really notice a considerable difference?
I'm trying to give it a few days for all the possible creatine related fluid retention to subside before I take my BP again.. I don't wanna be let down, lol.

I'll prob check it out tonight though. I'll let you fellows know what happens!

TOYFORDOLET

TOYFORDOLET

Awards
  • Established
I probably will, yes. With slin, I'd assume just follow label directions and use it before every carb containing refeed meal.
The problem is my refeeds are something like 15 meals. So I'd use my whole 60 cap bottle in 1 refeed.:eek: I was thinking of possibly using it before my last carb meal or low dose before my first low-carb meal to quickly induce ketosis, IDK.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
The problem is my refeeds are something like 15 meals. So I'd use my whole 60 cap bottle in 1 refeed.:eek: I was thinking of possibly using it before my last carb meal or low dose before my first low-carb meal to quickly induce ketosis, IDK.
Not sure what to tell you man! Good luck either way. Maybe invest in some Na-RALA instead of the slin.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
12/10/08

Annihilated my lower body today!
  • Back squat - 315 DC
  • Walking lunges - 135 DC
  • Glute-hams - BW DC
  • Ball leg curls - BW DC
  • Standing calves - 180 DC
  • Seated calves - 3 plates DC
  • Abs w/ cables
Nice little note here; since dropping the creatine my systolic BP has dropped by 20 points :woohoo:

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
12/10/08

Annihilated my lower body today!
  • Back squat - 315 DC
  • Walking lunges - 135 DC
  • Glute-hams - BW DC
  • Ball leg curls - BW DC
  • Standing calves - 180 DC
  • Seated calves - 3 plates DC
  • Abs w/ cables
Nice little note here; since dropping the creatine my systolic BP has dropped by 20 points :woohoo:
looking good OZ!:thumbsup:

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I prob should have listed that, but I do supplement w/ 3000 i.u. of Vit. D daily. Also, I take Primaforce ZMA prior to bed, 'bout to run out of that though.

I'd like to try out the Grape Seed Extract, specifically for the possible benefits to my blood pressure.
Well then you're staples are in order :thumbsup:

Repeat BP tests to check on the drop, but that's good news.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
12/11/08

Pretty much an off day today, however, I plan to do a bit of cardio here in the next 30 minutes or so. I'm fluctuating between 176 and 178 pounds.. Which is awesome. I've been off cycle for nearly 2 weeks and have maintained weight while leaning out.. How cool is that? I expected to lose a pretty large amount of water and glycogen weight due to the nature of my diet, but, I'm still in the high 170s, so IDK. I'll try and get some pictures up at the end of this week, no promises though since my computer is in the dumps and I'm having to use my buddy's comps.

I'll check BP tonight after I get off of work and update you fellas on that. If I hadn't mentioned, I work at a Marble Slab.. Ironic much?!

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
12/11/08

Pretty much an off day today, however, I plan to do a bit of cardio here in the next 30 minutes or so. I'm fluctuating between 176 and 178 pounds.. Which is awesome. I've been off cycle for nearly 2 weeks and have maintained weight while leaning out.. How cool is that? I expected to lose a pretty large amount of water and glycogen weight due to the nature of my diet, but, I'm still in the high 170s, so IDK. I'll try and get some pictures up at the end of this week, no promises though since my computer is in the dumps and I'm having to use my buddy's comps.

I'll check BP tonight after I get off of work and update you fellas on that. If I hadn't mentioned, I work at a Marble Slab.. Ironic much?!
:thumbsup:..keep up the good work OZ!:thumbsup:

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
12/12/08

I still haven't checked out my BP.. but I will.. I promziz.

Now, I'm debating whether or not I should skip my 2nd rest day and just go ahead and hit the gym today. I feel great, I feel energized.. and I just plain want to get in there.. I did legs Wednesday, pretty brutal too.. Today is straight upper body: chest, back, and biceps.. You guys think I can go for it or should I really get in that extra day of rest?

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
12/12/08

I still haven't checked out my BP.. but I will.. I promziz.

Now, I'm debating whether or not I should skip my 2nd rest day and just go ahead and hit the gym today. I feel great, I feel energized.. and I just plain want to get in there.. I did legs Wednesday, pretty brutal too.. Today is straight upper body: chest, back, and biceps.. You guys think I can go for it or should I really get in that extra day of rest?
you already skipped one day buddy,take the day off man,let your body recover!:thumbsup:

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
you already skiped one day buddy,take the day off man,let your body recover!:thumbsup:
Honestly though, I feel pretty recovered.. Slight soreness in my hamstrings, but I'm not doing legs today.. so it shouldn't be a big deal..

Thanks for the input though slickster!

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Honestly though, I feel pretty recovered.. Slight soreness in my hamstrings, but I'm not doing legs today.. so it shouldn't be a big deal..

Thanks for the input though slickster!
:thumbsup:..no problem!!:nono::thumbsup:

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
12/14/08

Great day in the gym today. I pretty much wrecked it. Got 10 mins of HIIT in afterward as well.

I need to get those picks up! Hopefully tomorrow.. I'll try anyway.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
12/14/08

Great day in the gym today. I pretty much wrecked it. Got 10 mins of HIIT in afterward as well.

I need to get those picks up! Hopefully tomorrow.. I'll try anyway.
:thumbsup:..good job!..OZ!:thumbsup:

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
hey man - are you using the bulk P-Slin?
Yes sir I am. Primarily during refeeds; actually, pretty much only during refeeds.. And, this is only if the meal will contain an ass load of carbs.. If it's a reasonable amount, say under 60 or so, then I usually won't use it.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes sir I am. Primarily during refeeds; actually, pretty much only during refeeds.. And, this is only if the meal will contain an ass load of carbs.. If it's a reasonable amount, say under 60 or so, then I usually won't use it.
Yep, Ive been using it capped and in monsta shakes. Very handy supp to have.