Enhancing Emerge with Intra-Aid & Beta Alan9 (Sponsored)

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I am coming off of 3 1/2 months of hypertrophy focused lifting. Now I continue my hypertrophy focused lifting until the end of December in which I will decide from there what I will do next. I will probably start to transition to a strength/powerlifting program in January with a goal of a recomp perhaps.

Current

Weight: 174
BF: 11.6%

I will use:
Neovar (old school version) at 10 caps a day
Intra-Aid (intra workout)
Beta Alan9 (pre workout)
Torrent (post workout)
Fish Oil (5 Caps a day, but might ramp up to a mega-dose will keep yall updated)
Osteo Sport (3 caps in the morning for rehab purposes)
Glucosamine 500mg (Just to spike the rehab process)

I have just finished my White Flood log. Link is in my signature incase any one wants to know what I was up to for the last month or so. Looking to continue the BA greatness.

Wish me luck!

Last edited:
Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love the Original Neovar! Recomped kicks butt too, but the original will always hold a special place in my heart.

That's a solid line-up for peri-workout nutrition, from start to finish - can't say enough good things about Intra-aid.

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
Count me in for this... Looks like a good supp. stack you have going!

I have used Intra-Aid for a while now you are going to like it. I'm excited to see how it and BA go together.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I agree that you hate Uriah Faber. Personally, I don't follow him enough to have an opinion. Although, I really should. Lol, he actually owns his own academy and trains there 20 miles from me.

So, persuade me on why we should both hate him. :)

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
At the end of my last log, there was some dispute on whether I gained any lbm or just fat. So, I'm going to get my body fat percentage read and update my first post. At the end of my log, I will get it read again.

I'm thinking about doing measurements too. That's one thing I've been meaning to do, but always forget to do. I think I will do that as well. Can't hurt to have more detail.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I went to my gym and had them measure my BF with calipers.

The trainer got 11.6%

I think I'm much higher looking at my pictures. But, whatever she says its accurate.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. I did some HT training a while back and really enjoyed it.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Day 1: Thursday 12/4/08 Back

Paramount Standard Lat Pull Down (Wide Overhand Grip)
130x10
150x10
150x10
160x8

Narrow Pulldown (Underhand, Unilateral)
135x12 +2 Reps from last week
140x10 +2 Reps from last week

Barbell Row
160x10
160x10
160x10
160x10

Dead Lifts
285x5
285x5
285x5

I feel really crappy. I fell asleep at midnight and had to be up at 530 for school. It took half an hour to get out of bed. I felt good thereafter, but now I'm super destroyed fatigue wise.

First day, so not much to note. The drink is not bad. It mixes better than extend, but the taste is watered down at 20oz of water. I'll probably do less water next time. I'll update tonight on nutritional data.

Also, for those who are new to my logs. The numbers and colors associated with progress don't neccessarily mean PRs. It just means that I did better than the week before. If I do hit a PR, I'll mention it in there as well. I use dark green for extra reps, navy blue for extra weight, purple for an extra set, and gray for an extra exercise.

The 11.6% is kind of depressing. I thought I would be 15% or somesuch. Which means it would have been easier to go from 15% to 10% than to go from 11.6% to say 8%. I guess I displace my fat mostly on the lower stomack area.

Nutrition:
Calories_________2677
Fat_____62.4_____555_____21%
Carb____384.7____1498____56%
Pro_____155.1____626_____23%

Last edited:
Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Camera's always add weight, but I know exactly what you mean. Sometime it just feels like those darn calipers are lying to you. :(

But, on the plus side, being 11-12% is way better than being 15%. Means you have another couple pounds of muscle on your frame you didn't realize you had!

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I think the estimated LBM was 154. Which is cool, because two summers ago my total weight was 143 at 8% BF.

Updated total daily nutrition. Today was a tough day.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Just shy of 12% BF is a great place to start man. It takes work to get down there so the further down your are when you start the better. Good progress man.

Hg

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
looks like a solid day 1 to me!

Keeping the BF low I see... Just means you got more LBM!

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Just shy of 12% BF is a great place to start man. It takes work to get down there so the further down your are when you start the better. Good progress man.

Hg
You are right, hopefully I can keep it shy of 12% throughout my whole bulk. :food: Thanks for dropping by.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
looks like a solid day 1 to me!

Keeping the BF low I see... Just means you got more LBM!
Yeah, last winter I dirty bulked. And, in the end I didn't end up adding quality mass. I did add good strength however and I kept most of it through my summer cuts.

This winter I wanted to do a lean bulk, it's working pretty good thus far.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn man! Im jealous of those traps and your back! Do it up brogie! Gonna tear sheet up in her!

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
We all got our strengths and weaknesses! :)

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Day 2: Friday 12/5/08 Legs

Ass-to-Grass Squats
135x10
155x10 +20 lbs from last week
175x5 Could have at least done 3 more, but decided to take it easy for my knees sake.

Leg Press (Unilateral)
135x10
135x10
135x10
These were rather difficult.

______________________Tri-Set__________________________
Leg Extensions
130x10
130x10
130x10

Leg Curls
60x10
60x10
60x10

Calve Raises (On Leg Press)
315x30
315x25
315x25
______________________Tri-Set__________________________

____________________Drop-Sets__________________________
Abductor
80x41
60x20
40x33

Adductor
80x14
60x16
40x8
____________________Drop-Sets__________________________

Amazing workout. I felt incredibly strong from the beginning. I wouldn't consider the ass to grass squats progress anything crasy, because it is the first time I'm doing this exercise. So, it's expected that I progress fast while my body gets accustomed to the exercise.

The drop sets killed me. Hopefully it'll help out in jiu-jitsu. The Intra-Aid was much better at 16 ounces. It wasn't watered down and it helped through the tri-set circuit. I had the tingles, as I'm taking the full dose pre-workout. Otherwise, I wouldn't be feeling the tingles since I've been supplementing with BA for a while now.

Last edited:
metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice workout! and the exercise is called adductor

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
I love the calve raises. do you usually do them on the leg press or vary it up?

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I love the calve raises. do you usually do them on the leg press or vary it up?
Usually do them on the leg press. I don't like standing ones as I don't feel anything.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Reps for correcting me.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to metroba again.

I've had people tell me those are for girls only already. Don't you believe it bro! Them bad boys will put a hurtin on you and will strengthen your hips, inner and outer thighs better than side squats! In fact, when done correctly and heavy, those things can actually separate the men from the boys!

Good stuff bro.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've only recently begun using unilateral leg-presses - they are freaking intense!

I really like the layout you use in describing your workout; it's very clear and easy to read. Well done! :clap2:

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I've had people tell me those are for girls only already. Don't you believe it bro! Them bad boys will put a hurtin on you and will strengthen your hips, inner and outer thighs better than side squats! In fact, when done correctly and heavy, those things can actually separate the men from the boys!

Good stuff bro.
When people tell me stuff like that, I don't bother. They are usually the type to only workout their biceps and chest, then have a beer. Lol.

It's both practical and usefull for me because of my sport Brazilian Jujitsu. It helps to have not only great strength but dexterity with your legs. Squeezing guys with your legs is your business when you are into BJJ.

My butt was sooooo sore the next couple of days!

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I've only recently begun using unilateral leg-presses - they are freaking intense!

I really like the layout you use in describing your workout; it's very clear and easy to read. Well done! :clap2:
Thank you. I've been working on more effective and efficient communication both online and off. It's like a personal project.

Besides, the more information I give you guys, the better feedback I can get if/when I ask questions about my regimen incase it is not working (or not working fast enough).

Yeah, them leg presses are pretty tough! I was very humbled by 135 pounds, haha. People were looking at me weird because I was grunting and what not with only 135 on there, but they don't know how intense it can be.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
So, I have company over which means I can't go to the gym today. I might just do a pushup marathon today, or hope to get in tomorrow.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
When people tell me stuff like that, I don't bother. They are usually the type to only workout their biceps and chest, then have a beer. Lol.

It's both practical and usefull for me because of my sport Brazilian Jujitsu. It helps to have not only great strength but dexterity with your legs. Squeezing guys with your legs is your business when you are into BJJ.

My butt was sooooo sore the next couple of days!

LOL! I know it. Hurts to sit on the toilet! :dump:

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
tingle bell,tingle bell, tingle bell rock...just singin our new christmas song!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lookn good Merge! You gotta a good head on your massive shoulders and looks like you know your body well! I applaud that man!:clap2: Ive actually been thinking of adding in add/abductor exercises again. My hips and inner thighs are weak right now and I think would be a nice addition! Thanks for the ideas brutha!

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Day 8: Thursday 12/11/08 Legs

Military Press (Smith Machine)
175x12 +2 Reps from last week
175x12 +2 Reps from last week
185x8 +10lbs from last week
185x8 +10lbs from last week

Upright Row (Smith Machine, Wide Grip)
175x10
175x10
175x10
175x10

DB Bench
70x12 +2 Reps from last week
70x12 +2 Reps from last week
70x8 -2 Reps from last week
I lost a set on these yesterday. I was just done.

Rotary S.P.
80x7 -2 Reps from last week
80x8
80x6 -2 Reps from last week

Tricep Pulldown
75x12
75x12
75x12

Crappy ass workout. Yeah I progressed a bit in the military press, but everything else sucked pretty much. I blame this poor workout on two factors:
1) This weekends poor eating (under maintenance, and terrible foods at that).
2. A breakfast of peanuts because I had no food in the house.

I hope I can do much better next week. The only positive thing about yesterday's workout is that I have major DOMs in the middle of my pecs where they tie in to my sternum.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
I feel ya man. Gotta eat to do it right. I've been there too. It amazing how a bad diet can completely shoot a workout.

Keep pressin in man.

Hg

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
When I know I'm gonna be around some fast food and just much of crap. I just make sure i eat anything with protein in it. No matter how much fat comes with it. more than likely it will have plenty carbs if its fast food though. If i'm hurtin in the kitchen I just make sure i drink milk. Always have that in stock!!!!!

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Milk is an excellent food. Your body digests it like food mostly and it contains a good slow digesting protein in it.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
So, I went to the doctor because I had a small lump on my right pec. My thoughts are lump=tumor=cancer=death. Then the doctor tells me he suspects I have a minor case of gyno.

WTF!?

How the hell did this happen?

Oh well, I'm glad I don't have a tumor but growing a tit is pretty wack too. Will post today's workout later.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I hope so, then again he was talking about it staying that way forever. He says it shouldn't even be visible under single digit body fat, but still.

He ordered blood tests, I'm scared because I'm a big time puss when it comes to needles and blood.

He also wanted me to get a tetnus and whooping cough shot. I am not much for taking vaccines but he insisted. I think I'll dodge it regardless. I'll read up on it online. I don't like medicine.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Day 10: Saturday 12/13/08 Back

Paramount Standard Lat Pull Down (Wide Overhand Grip)
150x12 +2 reps from last week
150x12 +2 reps from last week
160x8
160x8

Narrow Lat Pulldown (Underhand, Unilateral)
140x10
140x10
140x10
140x10

Barbell Row
165x10
165x10
165x10
165x10

T-Row (Barbell Cornered)
180x5
180x5
180x5
180x5

Dead Lifts
285x5
285x5
285x5

Decent workout. I think I could have done better had I not engaged in extra-curricular activities with the gf pre-workout. Not bad regardless. Tingles were not so crasy today because of my big pre-workout meal. 4 Egg Whites, 2 Whole Eggs, Cup Raw Oats Cooked, and an Apple for good measure.

Nutritional data is not current will update before hitting the sack.
Nutrition:
Calories_________2677
Fat_____62.4_____555_____21%
Carb____384.7____1498____56%
Pro_____155.1____626_____23%

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I take the bar off and clip on two single grips. After reading an article on unilateral exercises, I've been trying to creatively incorporate them into my workouts whenever possible.