PRES gets SeXy with his PALS

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
LETS GET LEAN!!​

Hey guys. I have been lurking the forums for about 3 months now,gaining as much information as I can possibly read. I was leaning on the verge of running a cut/recomp H-Drol cycle. I have decided against that ( 75% I didnt have the 200$ to throw down as I just paid my car payment and rent). The other 25% is that I am still getting my training and diet in check. After reviewing a bunch of logs, I just placed my order for the Body Transformation Pack from PAL. ( and a bottle of xtend becasue I really wana try the stuff!). I am really excited to start this log as it will be my first and hopefully some of the friends I have made on AM will join in for my fun.

A little about me: I'm 21 years old. I played football and rugby in high school, rugby in college up until sophmore year. During practice, I rolled to the left and got slammed. I heard a crack, couldnt walk..looked down and my bone was sticking outta the side of my ankle. What was attached to that bone you ask? Well, part of my akilees tendon. I went through surgery after surgery and about a year and a half of rehabilitation. During these times, I drank heavily, smoked heavily, and did some crazy drugs. No gym for me.

My breakfast consisted of dunkin donuts, taco bell lunch, wendys dinner. I gained about 40 pounds and it was all fat.

Welp, 4 months ago I got off my fat ass and got up the stregth and courage to start going back to the gym. Slowly but surely the fats comming off ( started off at 250, now down to 215). Id say my BF is around 20-25%. I always worked out, but I never ate what I should of, and I never really followed a routine ( because I had rugby 6 days a week, just went to the gym for added strength).

ANYWAYS, sorry about that book, but here is my plan:

Run this stack for 4 weeks, and a **** ton of cardio :pizza:.

Im at the gym 6 days week, sometimes even 7. 1 of those days is usually dedicated to just cardio.

The "GYM" I go to sucks. Because of all this me being broke BS (I decided it was a good idea to spend 1000$ in exhaust and 2000$ on a sound system for my car),I was forced to cancel my 40$ a month membership and go to planet fitness ( I know, its legit miserable, but its all I can afford until I save up for a few weeks and go back to Mikes Gym).

I run something like this-
Day1- Arms
Day2- Shoulders
Day3- Chest
Day4- Back
Day5- LIGHT LEGS- I am still very weary about my ankle. Hense why I refuse to do heavy squats(atleast for a while).
Day6- OFF/ Cardio

Rinse/ Repeat

I am working on my diet as we speak. I will post up what I think I should be utilizing, and I would like you to critique it. For the next few days until I wait for my order, I will post up my diet/ routine and I would love for feedback!

SUPPS:
- Plasma Jet ( Got about 2 weeks left)
- Levi R
- Incarnate
- Anabolic Edge
- Whey Protein
- Fish Oil
- Mens 1 A Day
- XTEND

Ne Whose...its gonna be a bump ride, but I'm so ready for it :lol::thumbsup::duel:

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
Forgot to mention, using Biotest German Creatine

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey Spres Im in for your log. Hope you enjoy this stack it's pretty nice! Good call on doing this over h-drop recomp as you said still Getting things in order. Definitely utilize some HIIT cardio to burn off that fat.

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
Hey Spres Im in for your log. Hope you enjoy this stack it's pretty nice! Good call on doing this over h-drop recomp as you said still Getting things in order. Definitely utilize some HIIT cardio to burn off that fat.
Thanks Bro! Im actually doing about 20 Minutes moderate HIIT when I'm at the gym everyday and Im already looking leaner :thumbsup:

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice! You'll love the effects of the stack on cardio with increased endurance and less lactic acid. Great job getting back in the gym btw. Your injury made me hurt from the description haha.

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
Nice! You'll love the effects of the stack on cardio with increased endurance and less lactic acid. Great job getting back in the gym btw. Your injury made me hurt from the description haha.

Hurt is not what it was. It was the most awful pain ive ever experienced in my entire life. Imagine a big boy like myself crying out loud for his mom and throwing up at the sight of his bone and ligaments sticking out. :nono:

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
Well, I feel like if I log what I eat all day it will be easier to keep track..so heers what we got so far.

Low Carb Egg Bagel- Vegtable Butter spread

fat free cajun turkey on lavash wrap, jalepenos, mustard, 1 piece of fat free cheese.

i got a low carb protein bar, and 2 scoops of whey I managed to grab, as well as an apple..so thatyll be meal 3 :-D
I woke up wicked late and had no time to make food, so tommoro my ish will be in check.

didnt realize but I guess i had a chicken sandwhich from yesterday, so im eatin that and this myoplex protein bar

brings this meal around 600 calories- 38carbs 70.5 protein 16.2 fats

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
Well if anyone was interested, I am following the scivation game over workout plan. ( not exactly to a T, but pretty dam close to it).

looks a lil somethin like this, while alternating workout A and B every other week.

AFlat Bench Press
Incline DB Press
Flat DB Flies
High-Pulley Cable Crossovers
Ab Workout #1
Decline Crunches 3 X 8-12
Back Extensions 3 X 8-12

Chest Workout B
Incline Barbell Press
Flat DB Press
Incline DB Flies
Low-Pulleys Cable Crossovers
Ab Workout #2
Lying or Hanging Leg Raises 3 X 8-12
Torso Twist 3 X 8-12

Back Workout A
Pull-Ups
Bent Over Row
Lat Pull Down
Straight-Arm Pulldown

Back Workout B
Chin-Ups
Deadlifts
Lat Pulldowns
Seated Cable Row

Delts + Traps Workout A
Military Press
DB Side Lateral
Bent Over Cable Lateral
Barbell Shrug
DB Shrug

Delts + Traps Workout B
DB Shoulder Press
1-Arm Cable Lateral
Bent Over DB Rear Lateral
Behind the Back Barbell Shrug
Reverse Pec Dec

Arms+Calves Workout A
DB Hammer Curl ( seated incline)
Close Grip Bench
Cable Curl
Tricep Pressdown
Standing Calf Raise
Seated Calf Raise

Arms+Calves Workout B
DB Curl
Skull Crusher
Reverse Cable Curl
Reverse Tricep Pressdown
Seated Calf Raise
Standing Calf Raise

Leg Workout A
Squats
Stiff Leg Deadlift
Leg Extension
Leg Curl
Ab Workout #2
Lying or Hanging Leg Raises 3 X 8-12
Torso Twist 3 X 8-12

Leg Workout B
Hack Squat or Front Squats
Leg Press
Seated Leg Curl
DB Lunges
Ab Workout #1
Decline Crunches 3 X 8-12
Back Extensions 3 X 8-12

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like a pretty good workout to me. I am in need of changeing up my workouts soon as well.

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
K..so ive been reading legit ALL morning, and im going with the CKD diet.

im still working on what im eating, but for non carb days it will be around 2295 calories.

ill have a nice excel sheet up later if anyone is interested :head::head:

R

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
sUBBANGLEOOOPOPSHABANGEHEEYELLOWSNOWBALOO.

Have a great time buddy im here all the way!!!

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
sUBBANGLEOOOPOPSHABANGEHEEYELLOWSNOWBALOO.

Have a great time buddy im here all the way!!!

glad ya made it russian :-D nutra just shipped my order im gonna hunt that fedex guy down so its here by friday and i can start on mondayyyyyyyyyyyy!.

and ya charger ive seen nothing but good things. ive legit spent about 6 hours today at work ( <--haha) just reading about it. its really interesting, and when I get home ill get to look at the nutritional facts of the foods Id like to eat. and figure it out from there.

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
:thumbsup:

AIGHT. Well it took me a buncha time, but I think I finally got what I want down. Check it out! I should be recieving the PAL stuff by tommoro ( I hope!!). Gonna start it up on Monday if i do!

View attachment ballin.zip

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
check out sheet 2 for what im eatin on no carb days

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Great diet breakdown!!

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
thx bro..spent alot of time over the last 2 days putting it together and al lthe math gave me a headache :-x

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
ahh thought id update this thing after my workout..

well basically it was the worst day at the gym EVER. I didnt really get to eat **** today and coincidently I had no carbs except for a g2 I had to buy at the gym cuz i was dying.

i did back and bi's and i was prob down 10-15 pounds on EVERY exercise I did. Thomas suggested that this was cuz of the calories and id have to agree.

breakfast I had half a banana, then throughout the day I had some pork strips and then some chicken sausauge..bout it

my PAL stuff should be here either sat or monday, and I plan on getting hardcore into it monday. hopefully my shitty gym experience wont happen again

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Happens to the best of us Spres, just gota bounce back and make sure you hit it twice as hard next ime your in the gym! I remember how ready I was to get my stack.....almost ambushing the fed ex truck haha

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
meal 4 u have just protein and carb (oatmeal and whey) I have read in an article that it is bad as it increases fat storage. Every meal should have healthy fat in it.. again I am no expert just something I remember reading let me try and find it for you bud

by the way.. gangsta ass excell sheet you got there.. i think ima steal ur layout and outline mine...

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
found it.. here is the excerpt

Never Combine Carbohydrates and Protein

The fact of the matter is, by utilizing this approach, the insulin spike is
dramatically minimized and the carbohydrates will do what we want them to do, refill
glycogen stores and support healthy thyroid function. When you combine fat and
carbohydrates, the fat slows down the bolus entry into the small intestine, reducing transit
time while providing an appropriate insulin response. When you combine protein and
carbohydrates, it sends insulin skyrocketing and can lead to the last thing you want when
dieting, fat storage!

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am not sure how oats and whey would increase fat storage in any way or form, so interested to see what you have there. You have a 99% bioavailable protein and probably the number one carbohydrate source for grains that is Low GI/GL and provides good fiber. Also John Beradi (as well as others) has promoted diets that purposely dont mix Fats and Carbs. Advocating P+C and P+F meals only.

Judo who wrote that? And where is that from??

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The combination of carbohydrates (especially something like Oats) with protein would not increase an insulin spike. In fact it actually may diminish it.

On another note if you combine fast acting carbs with fats the fat will in fact blunt some of the insulin response. But even then an insulin spike with a lot fat will send the fat directly into storage!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
got it from a e-diet book written by Chuck Rudolph MEd, RD,Marc Lobliner, Derek Charlebois, and Layne Norton (at least thats what the cover says) again I am not 100% sure if its true, you know the internet is full of all sorts of crazy nonsense, it is just what I had read and was passing it along to help him out

the book even goes on to say
Do not combine carbohydrates and protein alone because this elicits the
highest insulin response. For example, a cup of oatmeal has a moderate
insulin response, but when you combine oatmeal with chicken, you get a
much higher response. If you do combine these, be sure to add a fat
source such as almonds or avocados.
The book goes on to repeat the same principiles thoughout the book... here is a link
::: Scivation Books :::

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thats interesting Derek and Layne are no dummies....Id hate to be a nobody who disagrees But I will ha.... that goes against many physiological and nutritional information I have ever learned. It even goes against the bodybuilding sacred Postworkout shake :)

What would a meal of only carbohydrates and fat be like lol gotta have protein!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It even goes against the bodybuilding sacred Postworkout shake :)
then you will love this...

Just Say “NO” to the Post Workout Insulin Spike

Our opinion may upset people but here it is. We do not recommend a postworkout
(PWO) shake when the activity is for physique purposes. We would rather provide
aminos (Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) during the workout to help reduce muscle
tissue catabolism and provide energy. If you do not have BCAAs during your
workout/cardio training, then we recommend Scivation Whey (protein only with no
carbohydrates) PWO to get the body into an anabolic state. When you hop off that cardio
machine postworkout, get home and eat your next meal around 30-45 minutes following
your training session.
If you are a performance athlete (hockey, tennis, soccer, basketball, etc), then a
PWO shake with carbohydrates and protein would be ideal to replenish glycogen stores
and get the body recovered for the next days training or event. This is irrelevant because
a performance athlete would not be on a Cut Diet. The goal for this athlete is
performance and the goal of the Cut Diet is physique. Therefore, a performance athlete
may even get Carbohydrates during their workout depending on the intensity. Many
people we do diets for are looking to reduce fat. Therefore, maintaining as much muscle
tissue as possible in a lowered caloric state is our goal. In the Cut Diet, we control insulin
to enhance fat loss and even our carbohydrate meal keeps insulin under control. Thus, the
last thing we want on this diet is to spike insulin!

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oddly enought.....I don't completely disagree with that haha I usually have oats+Scivation whey (ironic) after my workout and many times Xtend During and even after if i run out of whey. Also on an extreme cut using high dose (20-30g) of glutamine in my shakes instead of any carbs works great. The insulin spike is overarated I think and actaully could be unhealthy depending on who you ask.

Interesting though....PWO shake with carbohydrates and protein would be ideal to replenish glycogen stores

They said earlier combining protein and Carbs wouldnt do this...:think:

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
yea I had read that book.

but i decided to see what all the hype is about this CKD stuff so im gonna be hardcore hittin that up on monday

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Remember, that glycogen is able to replenished over a long period of time depending on how much stored carbohydrates you already have. While lifting and repairing, glucose is shuttle to the muslce, soooo... if you have higher glucose stores, this can still work for you to an extent.

That is PART of the reason for the CKD carb load. You have this pool of glycogen ready to aid you in your heavy workouts early in the week.

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
Happens to the best of us Spres, just gota bounce back and make sure you hit it twice as hard next ime your in the gym! I remember how ready I was to get my stack.....almost ambushing the fed ex truck haha

dude legit they wont update it im gonna run down to GA and grab that **** myself im so antsy

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
Remember, that glycogen is able to replenished over a long period of time depending on how much stored carbohydrates you already have. While lifting and repairing, glucose is shuttle to the muslce, soooo... if you have higher glucose stores, this can still work for you to an extent.

That is PART of the reason for the CKD carb load. You have this pool of glycogen ready to aid you in your heavy workouts early in the week.

gotcha. i think im just feeling like **** because I havent eaten anything in the last 2 days. i really dont know what it is i think im getting sick :nono:

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
wooooooooooooooot.

got my stack and xtend in today. starting this bad boy tommoro!!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good luck .. wish you the best.. so are you going to be doing the CKD diet? I was thinking about trying it out, either that or the TKD diet but I cant seem to find as much info on that one.

anyway cant wait to hear how this works out for ya bud!!

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
yea bro startin it out today. i gotta go shoppin but i made due with what i had..

woke up around 11. took 1 cap of LR and 2 caps of AE. I must say I got a nice feeling of well being right about now, dunno if thats placebo but i sure dont mind it!

had 1 serving of reg pepperoni. made a 3 egg omlete with chese and such nice franks red hot..

bout to head to the gym in about an hour after i finish eating, will post the report up when im finished!

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
welp, yesterday i kinda slacked off. got no carbs in me up until football time and snacked on a 2 oz bag of cheezits :(.

up until then.. i had a 3 egg cheese and sausauge omlete for breakfast, extra fatty and delicious slim jim, 12 oz of 93/7 ground turkey with 1/4 cup cheese, jalepenos, 1 tbs salsa, some bomb hot sauce, and 1 tbs of taco seasoning..( this was really gooooood).

so at the end of the day I ended up around 1800 calories, 35of carbs, 150g's of fat, and 160gs of protein ..not too bad for my first attempt at keto..

my workout was really good too..left my log book at my house and im at work but i definatly felt a surge of energy outta no where!

Day 2-

8 am- woke up, had 2 LR, 2 AE
9:30- 3 egg omlete, cheddar cheese, sausauge, onions

bout it so far. brought an entire packet of turkey pep so ill be snakin on that either before or after lunch. ill update after my workout tonight!

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Get after it Spres! Don't worry about a little slack here and there just go for 90% on the nutrition. Sometimes it takes a bit to get into it too.

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
thanks bro yea todays been good..jus had about 5 servings of pepp turkey cuz i didnt bring any other food and this ish is so good..gonna go home have some tuna and then hit the gym up