PRES gets SeXy with his PALS

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Chargerfball25 View Post
    It even goes against the bodybuilding sacred Postworkout shake
    then you will love this...

Just Say “NO” to the Post Workout Insulin Spike

Our opinion may upset people but here it is. We do not recommend a postworkout
    (PWO) shake when the activity is for physique purposes. We would rather provide
    aminos (Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) during the workout to help reduce muscle
    tissue catabolism and provide energy. If you do not have BCAAs during your
    workout/cardio training, then we recommend Scivation Whey (protein only with no
    carbohydrates) PWO to get the body into an anabolic state. When you hop off that cardio
    machine postworkout, get home and eat your next meal around 30-45 minutes following
    your training session.
    If you are a performance athlete (hockey, tennis, soccer, basketball, etc), then a
    PWO shake with carbohydrates and protein would be ideal to replenish glycogen stores
    and get the body recovered for the next days training or event. This is irrelevant because
    a performance athlete would not be on a Cut Diet. The goal for this athlete is
    performance and the goal of the Cut Diet is physique. Therefore, a performance athlete
    may even get Carbohydrates during their workout depending on the intensity. Many
    people we do diets for are looking to reduce fat. Therefore, maintaining as much muscle
    tissue as possible in a lowered caloric state is our goal. In the Cut Diet, we control insulin
    to enhance fat loss and even our carbohydrate meal keeps insulin under control. Thus, the
    last thing we want on this diet is to spike insulin!
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

2. Oddly enought.....I don't completely disagree with that haha I usually have oats+Scivation whey (ironic) after my workout and many times Xtend During and even after if i run out of whey. Also on an extreme cut using high dose (20-30g) of glutamine in my shakes instead of any carbs works great. The insulin spike is overarated I think and actaully could be unhealthy depending on who you ask.

Interesting though....PWO shake with carbohydrates and protein would be ideal to replenish glycogen stores

They said earlier combining protein and Carbs wouldnt do this...
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
    •   

3. yea I had read that book.

but i decided to see what all the hype is about this CKD stuff so im gonna be hardcore hittin that up on monday

4. Remember, that glycogen is able to replenished over a long period of time depending on how much stored carbohydrates you already have. While lifting and repairing, glucose is shuttle to the muslce, soooo... if you have higher glucose stores, this can still work for you to an extent.

That is PART of the reason for the CKD carb load. You have this pool of glycogen ready to aid you in your heavy workouts early in the week.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Chargerfball25 View Post
    Happens to the best of us Spres, just gota bounce back and make sure you hit it twice as hard next ime your in the gym! I remember how ready I was to get my stack.....almost ambushing the fed ex truck haha

dude legit they wont update it im gonna run down to GA and grab that **** myself im so antsy
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by LuckyKid57 View Post
    Remember, that glycogen is able to replenished over a long period of time depending on how much stored carbohydrates you already have. While lifting and repairing, glucose is shuttle to the muslce, soooo... if you have higher glucose stores, this can still work for you to an extent.

That is PART of the reason for the CKD carb load. You have this pool of glycogen ready to aid you in your heavy workouts early in the week.

gotcha. i think im just feeling like **** because I havent eaten anything in the last 2 days. i really dont know what it is i think im getting sick

7. wooooooooooooooot.

got my stack and xtend in today. starting this bad boy tommoro!!

8. good luck .. wish you the best.. so are you going to be doing the CKD diet? I was thinking about trying it out, either that or the TKD diet but I cant seem to find as much info on that one.

anyway cant wait to hear how this works out for ya bud!!
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

9. yea bro startin it out today. i gotta go shoppin but i made due with what i had..

woke up around 11. took 1 cap of LR and 2 caps of AE. I must say I got a nice feeling of well being right about now, dunno if thats placebo but i sure dont mind it!

had 1 serving of reg pepperoni. made a 3 egg omlete with chese and such nice franks red hot..

bout to head to the gym in about an hour after i finish eating, will post the report up when im finished!

10. welp, yesterday i kinda slacked off. got no carbs in me up until football time and snacked on a 2 oz bag of cheezits .

up until then.. i had a 3 egg cheese and sausauge omlete for breakfast, extra fatty and delicious slim jim, 12 oz of 93/7 ground turkey with 1/4 cup cheese, jalepenos, 1 tbs salsa, some bomb hot sauce, and 1 tbs of taco seasoning..( this was really gooooood).

so at the end of the day I ended up around 1800 calories, 35of carbs, 150g's of fat, and 160gs of protein ..not too bad for my first attempt at keto..

my workout was really good too..left my log book at my house and im at work but i definatly felt a surge of energy outta no where!

Day 2-

8 am- woke up, had 2 LR, 2 AE
    9:30- 3 egg omlete, cheddar cheese, sausauge, onions

bout it so far. brought an entire packet of turkey pep so ill be snakin on that either before or after lunch. ill update after my workout tonight!

11. Get after it Spres! Don't worry about a little slack here and there just go for 90% on the nutrition. Sometimes it takes a bit to get into it too.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net

12. thanks bro yea todays been good..jus had about 5 servings of pepp turkey cuz i didnt bring any other food and this ish is so good..gonna go home have some tuna and then hit the gym up
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-09-2011, 11:23 PM
  2. Body Transformation with my PALs
    By Grambo in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 12-09-2008, 03:24 AM
  3. How not to pres 255!
    By flytrapcan in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-13-2006, 09:28 PM